As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[COX] - City of Heroes Freedom is Live, TITAN WEAPONS are live also new iTrials

• Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The wife and I were able to resist buying last night, of course it not being for sale yet helped.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Steampunk is on test, and someone noted that if you take that "leakin' oil" aura and color it dark red, well you're a horrifying blood monster.

bloodeffects.png

Also there's this nifty magic thingy aura, like this:

InfintieAmmoEnergyShield02.jpg

Narbus on
  • Options
    RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh wow that's awesome looking, now if only i had time to play :(

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Steampunk is the worst fad

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Oh hey they're making lambda way better
    Combined

Combat Attributes

Your effective Level Shift now displays in this window under Base Attributes.
    Influence totals in the Combat Attributes windows now display comma separators.

League

A taskforce will no longer be able to join a league that is full, rather than break up the task force.
    Buff sending settings now properly work in leagues.

User Interface

The effective interaction area of the pet window has been expanded to include the lower portion of the window.

Incarnate Trials

Corrected power disabling flags in Incarnate Trials, Ouroboros, and PVP zones.
    Travel Temps, Costume Powers and MTX Powers are restored for use in Incarnate Trials.

Incarnate Trial - Lambda Sector

In an effort to ensure that Lambda Sector's merits are more widely available regardless of whether the league is attempting badges or not, the following changes have been made to merit distribution:
    1 Merit will be awarded when acquiring 10 Grenades.
    1 Merit will be awarded when defeating 30 of Marauder's reinforcements (the enemies from the doors) in the final stage.
    1 Merit will be awarded when defeating Marauder.
    2 Merits will be awarded if the league completes Antacid. This is to compensate for the 10 Grenades merit this badge precludes.
    2 Merits will be awarded if the league completes Well-Stocked. This is to compensate for the 10 Acids merit this badge precludes.
    1 Merit will be awarded if the league completes Lambda Looter. This is because the league would also have acquired the 10 Acid and 10 Grenade merits.
    Merits will no longer be awarded for gathering all 20 powers.
    This merit is moved to the kills in the final stage to have fewer merits dependent on power gathering.
    The overall results are:
    A standard run which gets all 10 of both powers and ignores badges will receive at least 4 Merits.
    Any power-related badge run (Antacid, Well-Stocked or Lambda Looter) run has the potential to acquire at least 5 Merits.
    In order to make sure that all raid sizes can achieve the new bonus merit in a reasonable amount of time, we have activated one of the two permanent doors which was previously not active for smaller leagues. This will increase the rate at which reinforcements spawn by 1 every minute for league sizes less than 10.
    Please note that ONLY the reinforcements which follow Marauder will give credit for the counter. The pets of those reinforcements, the turrets, IDF remaining from a previous stage and the IDF guarding the containers during the final stage will not count for the merit.
    Removed Marauder's base 30% S/L resistance and reduced the duration of his Unstoppable power.
    A door blocking access to one of the lab interiors in Lambda Sector has been replaced with an openable door.

Incarnate Components

Added direct conversion recipes for the following:
    Notice of the Well converts into 40 Incarnate Threads
    Favor of the Well converts into 100 Incarnate Threads

Incarnate Powers

Greatly reduced the probability that Ion Judgment powers will strike the same target multiple times in the same activation.
    Individual pet commands can now properly be issued to the Lore WarWorks Victoria Essence.
    Lore pet combat text has been adjusted to indicate which pet is acting.
    Rebirth Destiny powers now properly ignore buffs apart from those conferred by the Alpha Slot.
    Ageless and Barrier Destiny powers now properly accept increases to Damage Resistance, Defense Buff, and Recovery as conferred by the Alpha Slot.
    Team Teleport now works properly on Lore pets of all varieties.
    Level shifted players should not longer experience strange combat results versus very low level mobs.
    Switching Reactive Interface abilities equipped should no longer potentially result in the DoT effect being lost until zoning.

City of Heroes

The Woodsman Task Force (aka the Eden Trial) "Prisoners of Eden" will now properly start if the leader of the team is above level 41.
    Members of the TF team above level 41 will be auto-exemplared to 41 for the duration as per standard Task Force mechanics.
    Restored missing text to "The Aura of Power" hero storyarc.

City of Villains

On Vincent Ross's mission "Learn the Source of True Power" players should no longer find themselves entering the mission into non-playable space.

Silver Mantis Strike Force

Re-entering the the ship on the final mission will cause the player to now appear in the ship's interior, instead of falling through the world.

Mortimer Kal Strike Force

Warrior bosses on the Mortimer Kal Strike Force now count towards the Legionnaire badge.

Praetoria

Corrected several instances where two doors (one unopenable) were appearing in certain Praetorian Tech maps.
    Increased time between howls of the Moon-Crazed Dancer in Studio 55.

Tasks
    Rift Enclosure - Resistance

The nav bar text will properly update now to tell the player to enter Talos after talking with the Resistance member.

Transmuter

Aid your Powers Division Team - The door to the roof where Reese is located has been restored.

That bit about notices and favor conversions to threads is also pretty top notch.

Narbus on
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    With the 30% base resist gone, I believe Unpacified Marauder is now not immune to damage. So those badges got a lot more attainable.

kafziel on
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    They finally got around to fixing the Eden Trial.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ronin356Ronin356 Nowhere MORegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    Half Minotaur Half Pirate? Awesome...now what's his story?

He was bitten by a radioactive pirate on his way to the farm.:P

Ronin356 on
    Nobody sees a flower really; it is so small. We haven't time, and to see takes time - like to have a friend takes time.
    Georgia O'Keeffe
    Be sure to like my Comic Book "Last Words" on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Last-Words-The-Comic-Book/458405034287767
    and Magenta the Witchgirl!: http://www.drunkduck.com/Magenta_the_Witchgirl/

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ronin356 wrote: »

...And this is still easily better then 50% of the actual character back stories that people write in the game.
    And really, radioactive pirates wouldn't be the weirdest thing in the game. Hell, it's already got ghost pirates and sky pirates. Why not radioactive ones?

see317 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    So, I have a level 50 defender (who I loved, way back in the Olden Days), and two 50 brutes (both of them Super Strength.)

I like to be able to kill so much stuff and survive while doing it.

I want to play a blaster, though, something new. Am I going to be disappointed?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    see317 wrote: »

...And this is still easily better then 50% of the actual character back stories that people write in the game.
    And really, radioactive pirates wouldn't be the weirdest thing in the game. Hell, it's already got ghost pirates and sky pirates. Why not radioactive ones?

Why not?

My dude is a magic controller. His powers are gravity and radiation. He has a cape made of leaves.
    He is on the defiant server.

Ronin356 on
    Nobody sees a flower really; it is so small. We haven't time, and to see takes time - like to have a friend takes time.
    Georgia O'Keeffe
    Be sure to like my Comic Book "Last Words" on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Last-Words-The-Comic-Book/458405034287767

• Options
    edited May 2011
    So, I have a level 50 defender (who I loved, way back in the Olden Days), and two 50 brutes (both of them Super Strength.)

Probably. Blasters got that first part down real good.
    It's just the "surviving" bit they have trouble with. Still fun to play though, and with the fitness pool inherent you should have enough power choices to stock up on the defense abilities from the pools to keep you alive without hindering your effectiveness too much.

see317 on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I would suggest teaming a lot if you want to survive as a blaster.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I would suggest not being Ghost or anywhere near him.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Good general advice, really.

kafziel on
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I have a question about incarnate powers.

I did the little intro mission and was rewarded with a shard. My understanding is the only way to get more shards is to do TF's and SF's, is that true?

Then you refine these shards into components which are then spent to snag a power. Sound right? Or am I way off basis here?

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I wish I knew offhand where some of the previous rundowns on the Incarnate system are, but I'll try to give you a quick rundown.

For the Alpha slot, shards are a major component. Shards are gained through enemy defeats, and they can be had outside of TFs. Full components that could be crafted with shards can also be gained through the high level TFs. When you beat the TF, the component associated with that TF becomes an option on the Reward Table at the end (for example, Hero 1 DNA sample at the end of a Lady Grey TF). Uncommon components are crafted with a common component and 8 shards.

Once you get to the Rare and Very Rare tiers, you then need to get Notices. Notices are gained by completing the Weekly Strike Target (one TF and one SF are chosen each week to be the WST). You can get one Notice a week in this way.

For the other slots, everything needed to unlock and equip them comes through the new Trials. You first unlock them by gaining experience through defeating enemies in the trials. Then they can be equipped in a way similar to the Alpha slot, but they use Threads instead of Shards, and the other components are different as well.

Yeah, it seems convoluted at first, and it kind of is, but you'll figure it out.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    A more better rundown. To create an Alpha Enhancement, you need Incarnate Salvage. To get Incarnate Salvage, you can either run one of the several task/strike forces that cap at 50, or you can collect shards, which will drop from any enemy your level or better, so long as you have the alpha slot unlocked. "Your level or better" means that if you exemp down for teaming, then you can still earn shards.

The higher tiers of alpha enhancements need salvage as well as a notice of the well. This is gotten by running the Weekly Strike Target. You can only get one a week. Yes this is dumb.

The other incarnate slots are different and I am tired.

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Oh and today I learned that, thanks mostly to the incarnate powers, the longest part of running a Cathedral of Pain is getting enough people in one place. The actual trial took like 15 minutes. Twas silly.

Narbus on
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Shortest CoP I was on was 8 minutes, but yeah getting people for it takes like 4 times longer than the actual trial.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Cool, thanks for the run down fellas.

I've got to say I'm really enjoying all of the improvements to the game since the last time I was active. I'll probably stick around for awhile.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    AgahnimAgahnim Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Try a warshade or soldier of arachnos. Unique and fun gameplay with the sjade and sheer overpoweredness with the SoA

Agahnim on
    2.jpg
    3DS FC: 2148-8300-8608 WiiU: AgahnimD
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I have a SoA, I don't like it.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    INNS' opinions are terrible

SoAs are the best class in the game

Pony on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    A blaster will certainly be something new. You will be able to kill a bunch of stuff. The "surviving through it" part essentially has to wait for level 50 and IOs.

A crab is a pretty decent at blasting, and has solid defense pretty early on

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hey, all, I just got Champions tonight and it's pretty neat but I'm having some really serious rubber banding issues. Right now the game is so bad it's unplayable. Is there anything I can do to fix that?

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    INNS' opinions are terrible

SoAs are the best class in the game

Nothing is better than a brute

Nothing

Maybe I need to give a crab another chance

I have a level 32 crab but I got there by nonstop power leveling so I know nothing about playing it

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Pffft, go Bane/Huntsman hybrid.

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Hey, all, I just got Champions tonight and it's pretty neat but I'm having some really serious rubber banding issues. Right now the game is so bad it's unplayable. Is there anything I can do to fix that?

Yeah, you can start by uninstalling that terrible thing and instead playing a game that doesn't suck out loud.

Anyway they have the multiple build thing going, do one Bane build and one Crab build. Banes are stronger single target, so better soloing, but a team of crabs unmake this game in a way that even I rarely see. Plus Crabs en masse have stupid high defense and +damage anyway, so they just need borin' ol common IOs to be creepy hellgods. Spend a little on a nice Bane build, then kit out the crab for cheap.

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm not sure if my character "Piratour's: Battle cry is "Arrr" or "Moooo"

Maybe it's both? "ARRRRR MOOOOOOO!"

Ronin356 on
    Georgia O'Keeffe

• Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Piratour, scourge of the seven labyrinths?

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hmm, need to look into this multiple build thing. Might skip leveling a fortunata and adjust my widow...

"Arrroooo!"? Then you could use the warwolf howl.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Narbus wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Yeah, you can start by uninstalling that terrible thing and instead playing a game that doesn't suck out loud.

Seriously, dude. THAT'S how you reply to a question for help? Did Champions Online have it's way with you in a dark alley or something?

In any case, I found the answer. Thanks for nothing.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Magic Pink, you came into the thread for a game and then asked that game's fans for help with a game that directly competes with it, and then were surprised when people reacted badly?

this isn't the Champions Online thread. There is a thread for that on these forums. It's like you went into the Rift thread and asked for WoW tech support, and then were surprised when people were snarky to you.

Think.

Pony on
  • Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    Magic Pink, you came into the thread for a game and then asked that game's fans for help with a game that directly competes with it, and then were surprised when people reacted badly?

this isn't the Champions Online thread. There is a thread for that on these forums. It's like you went into the Rift thread and asked for WoW tech support, and then were surprised when people were snarky to you.

Think.

It amuses me that Champions doesn't even have a thread while Hellgate London does.

If you're having issues with Champions (CO) you might want to check out their official forums, its a long shot, beyond inviting the snark, that anyone here is familiar with the game enough to help you.

Edit: So modified the forum settings, seems it hasn't been posted to in awhile:
    Champions Online Thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=120987

ransim on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm not sure if my character "Piratour's: Battle cry is "Arrr" or "Moooo"

Maybe it's both? "ARRRRR MOOOOOOO!"

I don't think I've ever seen a minotaur go "moo". In pretty much every incarnation I've seen or read, minotaurs are more likely to be eating your face rather then standing around contentedly going "moo".

see317 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Issue 20.5 information!

Highlights include:
    New Lore pets! Arachnos, Carnival of Shadows, Cimeroran, , Longbow, Nemesis, Phantoms, Polar Lights, Robotic Drones, Rularuu, Rikti, Storm Elementals, and Vanguard.

Fancy costume bits and auras to be bought with Astral and Empyrean merits. The Ascension Armor costume bits can only be used by a level 50, but are unlocked account-wide when bought.

Incarnate Vouchers! Basically it sounds like a way to convert Shards/Threads/whatnot on one character to a lesser amount on another character on the same account.

Also, you remember how Mastermind upgrades used to be individually targetted clicks, and they changed them to be area things, and it was awesome? Well, the bubbles in Cold Domination, Force Field, Sonic Resonance, and Thermal Radiation, as well as Increase Density and Speed Boost, just got the same treatment.

kafziel on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Oh god speed boost is group wide? ahahahaha

ahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh i am so happy.

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited May 2011