As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEλM] - Cthulhu Saves the World is Coming to Steam

• Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Anyone mention that the weekend sale is Serious Sam HD? First Encounter and Second Encounter.

These are great games, and so much fun in coop. Things get crazy real fast when there are tons of enemies coming at you in waves.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Good games. I'm going to pass on this deal, though. I don't understand the need for HD remakes, as I think the originals look good as they are. I also just bought Serious Sam First Encounter on gog.com awhile ago for like 2 dollars.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    Walrus von ZeppelinWalrus von Zeppelin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So what the hell. I have been trying to log in to steam for an hour. I was stuck on the connecting scream for maybe 30 minutes and now I am stuck on the steam login screen. This was working fine yesterday. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled.

Any help?

Walrus von Zeppelin on
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think I only have the remakes because the gold box edition was on sale during christmas for like 5$. Or something.

Originals were so damn awesome though, I agree I almost dont understand the HD ones, but hey, people like eye candy.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Serious Sam HD has some nice Steam features, like Steam Cloud, Steam Leaderboards and Cheevos (if you care about those).

And the eye candy is nice.

Drake on
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Anyone mention that the weekend sale is Serious Sam HD? First Encounter and Second Encounter.

These are great games, and so much fun in coop. Things get crazy real fast when there are tons of enemies coming at you in waves.

Is there any reason at all for someone who was unimpressed by the first encounter to get the second?

Casual on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Nope, not at all.

anoffday on
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So, I like Civ IV, but I am generally terrible at it when war declarations start to be tossed around. So, Patrician? Looking at III for now. It sounds like my type of game. Any other games on sale that you guys recommend (Civ with reduced war)?

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    So am I stupid? I can't figure out the difference between the serious sam gold pack and the double pack?

anoffday on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The gold pack includes the original, old-school First and Second Encounters.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    Do people still need Portal? Who still needs Portal?
    I have an extra Portal.

You're nothing special.
    I have two extra Portals.

Small potatos
    I have three extra Portals.
    Yes, I'm being entirely serious here

I'm a bit late for this, but
    501k5l.png

Jintor on
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Double pack just has both HD games. The gold pack has the HD games and the originals.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wow. that's...that's alot of portal.

Anyway, I tried playing Stalker, but I cant get past even the first firefight in the game. Even on easy, so I've never REALLY played it.

I need to think about doing some co-op for serious sam. I'm not good enough to finish the game myself.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    How did you even do that Jintor

Maddoc on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The first fight in Stalker is the hardest in the entire game, so...yeah, a lot of deaths there.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Thanksgiving gift bundles.

Frem on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The first fight in Stalker is the hardest in the entire game, so...yeah, a lot of deaths there.

It's a good lesson in how enemies can shred you if you're not careful. Don't charge in, scout around carefully and use your allies to help cover you.

jothki on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Jinto, my friend needs to play Portal. You know it's the right thing to do.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    jothki wrote: »

It's a good lesson in how enemies can shred you if you're not careful. Don't charge in, scout around carefully and use your allies as fodder to distract the enemy and then pillage their corpses after.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, you literally can get mowed down within the first few minutes of STALKER and not know what you did. This is a game where the terms "tutorial" and "gentle learning curve" do not exist, ever.

To be fair, it took me a bit to get into the game too (a couple of months and a couple of rage uninstalls), but once it clicked I was hooked.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    wow I had forgotten about that fight... man that murdered me the first two times I attempted to play the game. The third time I was killed not knowing the relic thing i was carrying was irradiating me. The fourth time I was killed by a laser ball in an abandoned house.

Why do I keep coming back to this game?!

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Frem wrote: »

ding ding ding ding ding

/edit I really wish it was possible to gift without having to friend people. I like people, generally speaking, but my Friends list is for... well... people I know well, yeah?

Jintor on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Jintor wrote: »

ding ding ding ding ding

/edit I really wish it was possible to gift without having to friend people. I like people, generally speaking, but my Friends list is for... well... people I know well, yeah?

That's what email gifts are for

Maddoc on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Gift email it to yourself and then forward the code

EDIT: not the code, the link that says
    "To receive your gift:
    http://storefront.steampowered.com/redirect/?ackgiftpass=abunchofnumbers"

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So what the hell. I have been trying to log in to steam for an hour. I was stuck on the connecting scream for maybe 30 minutes and now I am stuck on the steam login screen. This was working fine yesterday. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled.

Any help?

Sorry, but that part just made me chuckle.

I also imagine that was a Freudian slip since that's probably how you feel right now.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, it just emails you a url that is http://steamstuff/unique_code.

Clicking on it basically opens steam and plugs that unique code into it. You can get that link emailed to yourself, and then pass in on to anyone.

LewieP on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Steam started downloading a patch for Sanctum. According to the changelog, it adds a 4th level to the game, in addition to various fixes & balancing changes.

Since my only major problem with the original game was that it was low on content, getting a new level less than a month after release is a promising sign.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    [strike]I still have copies of Half-Life 2, Episode 1, and Episode 2 to give away and I'd like to test this method. First come, first serve. Feel free to claim all of them if you want. :P[/strike]

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Oh awesome, that's super convenient

Jintor on
  • Options
    EggPuppetEggPuppet Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Stalker SoC's difficulty curve is a cliff that you jump off. It starts out pretty goddamn rough, but once you get a decent gun, it's way easier, and once you get a GOOD gun, the enemies might as well turn around and go home because a kilometer-wide area around you just became Fuck City, where you are now the mayor, and your first and only edict is You Guys Are Fucked Now.

EggPuppet on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I ran out of ammo and had to fight zombies and snorks with my goddamn knife on the way to X16 just now.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I ran out of ammo and had to fight zombies and snorks with my goddamn knife on the way to X16 just now.

This is a real STALKER moment.

This is also why I started to fanatically stash medical supplies, vodka, food, ammo and guns all over the goddamn place.

As far as the first mission goes, I like going in the back while the other dudes take the front. Then I commence shooting bandits in the back. I also like to grab the high ground when I can. Also, first bandit you kill that drops a shotgun, you take that thing. And then you use it to blast giant goddamn holes in his buddies.

Also be sure to save as soon as you clear that camp. Nothing says RAGE like getting chewed up by a pack of mutant dogs on your way back to check in that mission and realizing that you didn't save the game.

Drake on
  • Options
    EggPuppetEggPuppet Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Drake wrote: »
    I like going in the back while the other dudes take the front. Then I commence shooting bandits in the back. I also like to grab the high ground when I can.

I read every word of this as innuendo.

EggPuppet on
  • Options
    BlandlytastefulBlandlytasteful Gruelmaster The Dark LunchroomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    AaronKI wrote: »
    I still have copies of Half-Life 2, Episode 1, and Episode 2 to give away and I'd like to test this method. First come, first serve. Feel free to claim all of them if you want. :P

My girlfriend keeps telling me to play them... I got a little ways in one on my copy of the 360 Orange Box. Put it off, figuring I might get it for PC sometime. So, if you think I deserve them, I would be most pleased. If you think someone else who literally has no other way to play them should have them.... Logical.

Blandlytasteful on
    Steam: Blandlytasteful | XBL: Blandlytasteful | PSN: Blandlytasteful | 3DS: 3411-0354-2109
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    AaronKI wrote: »
    I still have copies of Half-Life 2, Episode 1, and Episode 2 to give away and I'd like to test this method. First come, first serve. Feel free to claim all of them if you want. :P

My girlfriend keeps telling me to play them... I got a little ways in one on my copy of the 360 Orange Box. Put it off, figuring I might get it for PC sometime. So, if you think I deserve them, I would be most pleased. If you think someone else who literally has no other way to play them should have them.... Logical.

I PMed them to you. Let me know how your experience with the gift links goes.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    EggPuppet wrote: »
    Drake wrote: »
    I like going in the back while the other dudes take the front. Then I commence shooting bandits in the back. I also like to grab the high ground when I can.

I read every word of this as innuendo.

The Zone is a man's world.

Drake on
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So, I like Civ IV, but I am generally terrible at it when war declarations start to be tossed around. So, Patrician? Looking at III for now. It sounds like my type of game. Any other games on sale that you guys recommend (Civ with reduced war)?

Yes? No? I know there have been a few recommendations, but somebody please sell me on it (or not).

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    henryhenry Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Arthil wrote: »
    I mean, it looks kinda awesome? But it also looks a bit rough around the edges.

It is a minecraft clone, after all.

Well, no.

It's like Minecraft insomuch that you can craft stuff, and can host a server and do multiplayer. The rest is like a Metroidvania action adventure.

I honestly thought this looked incredibly bad... Idk, personally I would rather just stick with minecraft.

henry on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    B.D.V.B.D.V. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Fell asleep while deciding to buy Tropico 3 last night. Got home from work today and saw it back at 20 bucks.....

ANGER!

B.D.V. on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    B.D.V. wrote: »
    Fell asleep while deciding to buy Tropico 3 last night. Got home from work today and saw it back at 20 bucks.....

ANGER!

Me too!

But I bought the original two and I suck at it. All these fuckin' people need all this shit and I'm like, "can't a dictator just relax?"

bitches need to cool it.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
This discussion has been closed.