As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SlateGray] Island in the Sun [Resonance] Never Attack the Old Man

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I NEED SOME WEAPONS FIRST

THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL THE BATHING COMMENCE

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    damn you could not have picked a nicer color for this

it's so nice to look at

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    (Rachel) 2 0 1
    [Ranger][Persuasive][?]
    [i: keys, longsword, Skank Outfit, Collapsible Classicpull Longbow]

"Oh, I'm definitely going first," Rachel says. Finally. Clean water. But as she takes a step forward, she suddenly realizes something.

"Ah, excuse me," she says to the attendant. "Is there anywhere secure we can put our belongings? I don't want to be taking my bow in the water."

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The old Yahnese woman smiles, nods, and shows you to a small locker room. White robes have been laid out the benches, each with key attached to its waistband.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    (Deb) 0 0 0
    [??][Cute][?]
    [i: Semi-Punk Outfit, Runner's Pads, Butterfly Knife]

Deb neatly piles her belongings in one of the lockers, and takes the matching robe and key. "Is there a trash can around here? I never want to see these clothes again." After locking the door, she strips down and dons the robe, kicking her grimy prison rags into a pile under the bench. "These always feel weird," she says, running a finger down the white material. "Like, against my skin."

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hey, Bear.

Also: Toasters should post.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    hey bear

I never got that hug you promised me a long time ago

I guess it's still in the mail

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Tammy 3 0 0 2
    [Hydrotech][Brutal][Hard Knock Life]
    [i: Carso G1 Easy-Move Armature (Hydrocore), Gothy Outfit]

Tammy sits, still fiddling with the Armature while she waits.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Bromine JesusBromine Jesus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    hey bear

I never got that hug you promised me a long time ago

I guess it's still in the mail

Oh jeez really? I even paid for second day air! My local representative is gonna hear about this so hard.

THERE WAS NO HUG.

Bromine Jesus on
    I used to be a Bearstranaut. I used to be 'Err to the Urson Fortune.
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    other people oligopolized the washing machine on me all day today so now I have no clean shit to wear tomorrow

boo to that

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    the hug is coming from inside the house

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Man shit happens to me all the time.

I once got yelled into giving up my rightful place in line by a methed out mother of five.

"MY BABIES CAN'T WAIT NO LONGER FOR THEIR BOB SHIRTS, THESE BOB SHIRTS GOTTA BE CLEAN FOR SCHOOL, SIR."

"I'm sorry, but I really did get here about an hour and a half ago. I was literally putting the quarters in the machine when you walked in. I had no idea the unattended laundry in the washers were yours."

"THESE DRYERS ARE MINE. I CALLED THEM."

"Ok well this one is mine, it has my money."

"DON'T MAKE ME CALL MY BOYFRIEND. HE IN THE MILITARY."

"I somehow believe that entirely."

Bromine Jesus on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    (Rachel) 2 0 1
    [Ranger][Persuasive][?]
    [i: keys, longsword, Skank Outfit, Collapsible Classicpull Longbow]

Rachel follows Deb's lead, locking her belongings away and putting on the robe.

"So, you remember you've worn a robe before," Rachel says to her. "That's something. Sadly, I can't remember if I like hotsprings or not. I probably do. This one seems very pleasant. Speaking of which..."

She starts walking toward the bath. "Last one in is a rotten dudge."

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Stilts wrote: »

"Last one in is a rotten drudge."

Curmudgeon_the_Drudge_Live.jpg

eh??

Bromine Jesus on
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    (Eustace) 0 0 0
    [Hiong Fa Guy][Street][?]
    [i: Bracers, Autoquill, Shav Tracksuit and Chains, Incriminating Letter, Like 35 ruples, Tsunomi Super Throwing Blades, Tsunomi REflex Chain-Sickle]

Eustace takes a set of throwing knives and the chain-sickle, leaving his money on the table. He feels like something out of a Yahnese anime.

Then he heads to the bathhouse already.

Shock G on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    oh no another two pag-

wait nevermind

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Shut up. Shut the fuck up.

Bromine Jesus on
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Do we have enough money for that fashionable outfit? 'Cause I need it.

Dux on
  • Options
    DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    (Nevan) 0 0 1 3
    [Doctor][Diplomatic][?]
    [i: Casual outfit (blue hoodie and breeches), Surgeon’s Knife, Doctor’s Kit (No HP Hypos)]

Nevan stares down at the cylinder. It's familiar, and yet something about it makes him want to start sweating. This thing hurts, he remembers, but the pain isn't what inspires this fear. Just looking at it makes him want to not touch it. Still, he was in this deep.

His standards would not let him stop here.

Insert the two hypos. Grip the handles. Speak the oath. "Against killing plague, or broken arm, truest threat or false alarm, against these things I myself arm, but I I swear this first..."

"...to do no harm."

...to achieve my duty through deceit, guile and charm.

The words leave his mouth and taste bitter, but he can make them sound truthful. He can always make them sound truthful.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    at first i counted getting my own washer and dryer with this condo as perk

now i realize it was a necessity

Squall on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    (Bob) 1 1 0 [4]
    [Dipsferatu][?][?][Still drunk?]
    [i: Beach Bum Outfit, ]

Bob throws his shit into a locker, whips the robe on but forgets to tie it, and saunters down to the hot springs.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Dan Mcgee [Sheriff 10][Hardened 10][Careful 10][Sharpshooter 10][Stubborn 10] 35% Special

Dan tried to get a chance to speak to Syd alone. He looked into her eyes, wondering just what lay behind those beautiful eyes her mother had given her. Something looked different in those eyes, a fiery light that hadn't been there before. She was a tough girl, always had been, her father's daughter for sure. He gripped her shoulders.

"Listen, we both know I would rather you stayed behind..." Before she could open her mouth and stubbornly argue, he went on. "But we also both know that you won't." Dan smiled grimly. "At the very least, I would rather you come to Jackson with me. We could see home..." If their home was still there... He shrugged, looking down. "But it's up to you, Syd. You're not a kid anymore." He suddenly stood up and walked quickly away, wiping his face with a hand.

He found someplace alone, and sat, back against the wall of the lodge. He tilted the hat so it covered his face, and sat there, remembering. She really wasn't a kid anymore...

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Melvin 0 0 0
    [??][?][?]
    [i: Trendy Outfit]

Suddenly naked Melvin struts towards the steamy water with one of the robes slung over his shoulder. He lowers himself into the spring slowly and then sighs, leaning back and stretching out his legs, his white toes briefly surfacing.

"Aah, it'sh great."

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    (Nigel) 0 1 1
    [Actuarian][?][?]
    [i: Respectable Clothes]

After paying for his clothing upgrade, Nigel joins the group at the bathhouse. After the woman gives her instruction he bows slightly, clasps her hand, and whispers a chaste flirtation to the Yehense woman in her native tounge. If they wanted to figure out the little mystery of their forgotten past, it couldn't hurt to potenially have another set of eyes and ears in the bathhouse.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    thank god we might all be related

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    same daycare

Squall on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    it's gonna end up all in one giant, incestuous pile

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Syd Mcgee [Poli Sci Major 10][Pyrokinetic 5][Pakourist 10][Hot ][Callous 5] 35% Special

Geeeze, such melodrama.

I was planing on going with going with you anyway. I mean it's not that don't trust these random people we've joined up here. But that doesn't mean I want to go into city of hostile scavengers potenially armed to teeth with them either. In your boring town, at least you hold rank.

Having a faction loyal to us, firstly, could come in handy if this little island goes all Lord of the Flies.

I think De?ad mentioned something about Ex- Ms. McGee being in L.A. Since you guys are divorced and all.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Uh, yeah. Sydney's mom left Dan. She didn't die.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Around what page did the pu?nk thing start last thread?

Edit: nevermind, found it.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Whoooooooops.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    So whose going where in Radlands?

Jackson:
    Dan, Syd,

Mayfield:
    Practically everyone else?

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Probably got a couple sub-objectives within mayfield that might split people into manageable parties anyways.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    It's worth noting that Rich is instinctively aware that there are no living beings left in Mayfield. Over the last week his powers have likely proved useful enough that his word on that is believable, too.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    DE?AD wrote: »
    It's worth noting that Rich is instinctively aware that there are no living beings left in Mayfield. Over the last week his powers have likely proved useful enough that his word on that is believable, too.

Ash would still want to go to her uncle's house. Partly for all the guns there, and partly for closure.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    DE?AD wrote: »

Hmmm, if that's a known tidbit of information than Felix's reason for going there sorta evaporates.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    well I don't want to step on the planned narrative's toes here but richard doesn't exactly trust his new magical powers yet, and feels extremely uncomfortable telling people about them or discussing them
    he'd consider any feelings of death and doom a result of general sad times and not necessarily supernatural knowledge, and wouldn't go around claiming everyone was dead and he could just feel it guys, honest

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Running one storyline is much easier than running any number greater than that, guys. Make it easy for DE?AD.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    yeah as long as there's no reason for me to be anywhere else I'm goin' to mayfield

I assume the same is true for basically everybody?

Speed Racer on
This discussion has been closed.