As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NBA: Jordan Leading the Bobcats to the promised land.

• Options
    McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    heat fans are acting like complete jackasses in the background of the local abc affiliates post game show... way to represent for your city by being classless fucks.. morons...

2261862_o.gif

McAllen on
  • Options
    BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I didnt even know shaq had a 25/11 game this season.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Rubio is coming to minnesota. finallllllly.

I'm waiting to see how over hyped this dude really is.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Barcardi on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bergy wrote: »
    Rubio is coming to minnesota. finallllllly.

I'm waiting to see how over hyped this dude really is.

I hope he proves me wrong.

at this point there is no way he cannot be overrated

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    krapst78krapst78 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I can't believe 19 years passed by so quickly. I still have my original Shaq Diesel CD and Fushnicken's "What's up Doc' cassette tape. I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I even liked his movie 'Steel'. Thanks for the memories Shaq.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_ikaIDz-Ck

Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk. Can you dig it?

krapst78 on
    Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father prepare to die!
    Looking for a Hardcore Fantasy Extraction Shooter? - Dark and Darker
  • Options
    southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Barcardi wrote: »

...Its surprising that Shaq makes even Dwight look small.

southwick on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dude is one of the biggest guys to ever play the game

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Younger Shaq was insane to watch. My dad got two courtside seats for Miami v. Lakers in Miami from his company for his work during one heavy hurricane season when Shaq and Kobe were playing for the Lakers, and it was pretty incredible to see him just pushing people around. Some woman behind us yelled "Leave him alone, you big bully!" at Shaq. Shaq turned and smiled at her.

devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    OH MY FUCKING GOD

That is an IMMORTAL six minute run. Congrats Dallas. Goddamn.

The Judge on
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Incredible.

If you could sum up the Heat it would be that shot of Wade on the ground after his three attempt, covering his eye and looking at the ref for a foul call.

fortis on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Heat spending the last 7 minutes going 1-for-11 shooting (7 of those tries being 3 point attempts) and making two turnovers.

Was that Western d, or just Miami melting down?

SabreMau on
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh snap
    I left the bar when miami was up big so I missed the ending, but grats dallas

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My main memory of shaq was him pushing sabonis backwards from the mid to the low post, and sabonis standing there with his hands raised saying (I imagine) "what am I supposed to do here?"

He seems like a cool dude in general but I hate him for ruining like 8 years of NBA basketball by forcing every team to have 2-3 huge stiffs on their roster for the express purpose of guarding him.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My main memory of shaq was him pushing sabonis backwards from the mid to the low post, and sabonis standing there with his hands raised saying (I imagine) "what am I supposed to do here?"

He seems like a cool dude in general but I hate him for ruining like 8 years of NBA basketball by forcing every team to have 2-3 huge stiffs on their roster for the express purpose of guarding him.

Hack-a-Shaq!

Slider on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I quit on Dallas early again, won't try and do that for next game.

more hijinks

HuR88.gif

McAllen on
  • Options
    fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That. That is the exact shot I was talking about. Brings a smile to my face.

fortis on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ictejA.png

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Now please ... Just win all 3 games in Dallas and this will be over!

TheBigEasy on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    fortis wrote: »

Good ol' D-Whistle.

"Go in, go in, go in-
    /miss
    Aaahhh, my eye! Help! Ref! I've been stabbed in the eye!"

That temper tantrum (great call on terminology by JVG) Wade threw in the 1st half was embarrassing too. Almost as embarrassing as the ref letting him get away with it without calling a T.

He's also the guy who taught Lebron to flop offensively this year. Lebron never did as much offensive flopping in Cleveland as he did this year. Wade OTOH flops more on offense than Manu, Kobe and Pierce combined.

The fact that it was Wade who set off the Dallas comeback by striking a pose after hitting that corner 3 makes it even better.
    yeah, I don't like Wade

BubbaT on
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    BubbaT wrote: »
    fortis wrote: »

Good ol' D-Whistle.

"Go in, go in, go in-
    /miss
    Aaahhh, my eye! Help! Ref! I've been stabbed in the eye!"

That temper tantrum (great call on terminology by JVG) Wade threw in the 1st half was embarrassing too. Almost as embarrassing as the ref letting him get away with it without calling a T.

He's also the guy who taught Lebron to flop offensively this year. Lebron never did as much offensive flopping in Cleveland as he did this year. Wade OTOH flops more on offense than Manu, Kobe and Pierce combined.

The fact that it was Wade who set off the Dallas comeback by striking a pose after hitting that corner 3 makes it even better.
    yeah, I don't like Wade

:lol:

Dude is such a whiny bitch about contact. I really don't know how he can live with himself when he pulls stunts like this, doesn't he have ANY shame whatsoever?

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Reading BubbaT go off on Wade is awesome.

Also more stuff stolen from realgm

tumblr_lm6cx8K8zJ1qi3uu4.jpg

McAllen on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The Heat are just a cavalcade of floppery. Remember these?

Bosh

Lebron

:lol:

I guess if you're an acting student or something you'd at least have to admire how fully Lebron commits to the part of "guy who got shot in the face by a missile".

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also -

Remember last week when ESPN and friends were all ready to call Lebron the best defender in the league. Because he played 8 minutes of solid D against Rose? The same exhausted Rose who struggled to score efficiently against Darren Collison and AJ Price in the previous series, btw.

Seemed like every time I saw Shawn Marion (the guy Lebron's supposed to be guarding) in game 2, he was shooting a layup.

So far Marion's averaging 18 pts, 9 reb, 3.5 ast and 58% FG in the Finals.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That's only because he was guarding the other four mavs! Simultaneously! And their bench!

Plus who can defend the matrix anyway? You go up high to block a shot like normal only to find out he's firing from the hip or whatever that bizarre thing is that he calls a shot.

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Shawn Marion was the first Olympian shot putter to successfully transition to the NBA.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So Donnie Walsh is out in New York ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6622321

... cue Isiah Thomas coming back to the franchise in 3 ... 2 ... 1

TheBigEasy on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ahhahahahah it's not even 10 minutes into the game and Bosh is already doing his best Whiny Bitch Dwayne Wade ™ impression.

How can someone stay on the ground for that long rolling and grabbing everything they can think of.. when it's obvious from the replay that they haven't even been touched.. and then not get a technical... what a bunch of little bitches.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    NambkabNambkab Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ahhahahahah it's not even 10 minutes into the game and Bosh is already doing his best Whiny Bitch Dwayne Wade ™ impression.

How can someone stay on the ground for that long rolling and grabbing everything they can think of.. when it's obvious from the replay that they haven't even been touched.. and then not get a technical... what a bunch of little bitches.

It's funny reading that now that it's obvious he actually did get jabbed in the eye.

Nambkab on
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wow I can't believe I saw a car commercial that I actually enjoyed. Also the drama queen acts are just getting out of hand. It's not even watching basketball anymore, just watching who is a better act.

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    Junior YankJunior Yank Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey Heat: hack-a-Dirk is not an effective strategy.

Junior Yank on
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Good lord this is a another great game.

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    God damn it.

Oh well, on to game 4.

Don't care what history says, Dallas can still win this. Probably go to 7 though.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Did I really just see a travel and double dribble called in an NBA game? in the playoffs? against LeBron?

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Basticle wrote: »
    Did I really just see a travel and double dribble called in an NBA game? in the playoffs? against LeBron?

he got an offensive foul off the ball as well.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011

He got away with a travel right before it.

Also - I thought refs were supposed to automatically review all last second shots. Yet no ref noticed that Chalmers' 3 at the end of the 1st quarter was a backcourt violation. That 3 was the difference in the final score.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    UnderdogUnderdog Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    BubbaT wrote: »

He got away with a travel right before it.

Also - I thought refs were supposed to automatically review all last second shots. Yet no ref noticed that Chalmers' 3 at the end of the 1st quarter was a backcourt violation. That 3 was the difference in the final score.

Well the commentators went over it pretty thoroughly saying that Chalmers's right foot was on the line as he jumped forwards to catch the ball, so technically he had already made it over the half court line. This is assuming I'm thinking of the same shot. It sucks but it was legit if that is the rule.

Underdog on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm pretty sure they only review the release (i.e. whether a shot beat the buzzer or not) and whether the shot was a three or a two.

I don't know if they're even allowed to review anything else; iirc the nba's review is fairly limited.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So Mark Jackson finally got hired by someone to not be an announcer anymore ... thank the gods.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6632935

Although I am a little sorry for the Warriors players. Too bad Letrell Sprewell isn't playing for them anymore. Otherwise I'd make a pool for when he chokes Mark Jackson for saying "Mama, there goes that man" or "Hand down, man down" one too many times.

Now ESPN ... lets hire Shaq as his replacement and see how that goes.

TheBigEasy on
  • Options
    devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Shaq is too busy getting his PhD to work at ESPN.

That is not a joke. He's literally getting his PhD.

devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
This discussion has been closed.