Options

NBA: Jordan Leading the Bobcats to the promised land.

• Options
    BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    like 9 rebounds and 7 assists?

I know this sounds crazy, but maybe lebron is just tired.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Speaking of LeBron ... ran across this last night:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6640925/time-lebrondown-part-ii

TheBigEasy on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    He had one of the lowest usage rates of his entire career; there's no question he wasn't involved.

What doesn't fly is this implication that that means he didn't care about the outcome of the game or something. It doesn't make sense. This is the same guy who tore up the boston and chicago series, and now suddenly in the finals he just decided eh, fuck it?

I think the most likely explanation is that fatigue is catching up with him, given the ridiculous minutes he's played in these playoffs.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gilbert Arenas, who has the best Twitter feed in the NBA if not all of sports, got fined by the NBA for comments tweets made.

Which he responded to in usual Arenas fashion, on Twitter.
    yes the nba has fined me....for being to awesome..so i can give you the shoes for FREE but gotta charge you for the jokes...i cant believe
    7 Jun

or i could just write a check and if theres a lockout just cancel the check it and maybe they will forget.....i think that will work..
    7 Jun

its okay it all evens it self out..i get fined from the nba........im stealing cable from my neighbors..so bam bam jackpot...hahaha
    7 Jun

Then he proceeded to live-tweet a date he was on.
    Got hooked up on a blind date..and I guess she was blind when she picked out this outfit ..OMG I thought she was the queen of ZAMUNDA
    8 hours ago

And they want me to go in public with her..I thought she had a bunch of stretch marks but it was just her shirt..lookn like SIMBA
    8 hours ago

She just had the nerve to ask me if I like her shirt..."ummmmmm yea on my floor near the fire place"imma call PETA to come get you
    7 hours ago

Look at this hot mess...she all most caught me takin the pic.. http://lockerz.com/s/108945230
    7 hours ago

This dragon can eat....I'm glad were at a all u can eat... She went to the rest rm..I think I'm busted you guys. Her friend texted her.
    7 hours ago

I don't think imma get the goods tonight...I messed my chances up..she looked mad..over there lookin like a thunder cat...
    7 hours ago

If I would hav known i would mess this up I would have taken her to get a "rudy tutti fresh and fruiti meal"from ihop..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    7 hours ago
    http://twitter.com/#!/agentzeroshow

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ROFL.

What did he tweet that got his ass fined?

TheBigEasy on
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    And I'm some sort of cruel monster for loving Gilert Arena's personality more than Shaq's "I'm a gentle giant with a giant ego to match but watch me go godzilla on someone for fouling me"

mrt144 on
  • Options
    SpacklerSpackler Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    He had one of the lowest usage rates of his entire career; there's no question he wasn't involved.

What doesn't fly is this implication that that means he didn't care about the outcome of the game or something. It doesn't make sense. This is the same guy who tore up the boston and chicago series, and now suddenly in the finals he just decided eh, fuck it?

I think the most likely explanation is that fatigue is catching up with him, given the ridiculous minutes he's played in these playoffs.

You're probably right, but the LeBron hating part of me can't help remembering another team he stopped trying for in the playoffs, just to make a point. :?

Spackler on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    mrt144 wrote: »
    And I'm some sort of cruel monster for loving Gilert Arena's personality more than Shaq's "I'm a gentle giant with a giant ego to match but watch me go godzilla on someone for fouling me"

No.
    Arenas is a hilarious nut.

My favorite Arenas story is one Troy Murphy told. When Arenas was a Warriors rookie they make him buy donuts for the team as part of rookie hazing. Arenas bought the donuts, licked them all, and put them back in the box. Then sat there with a huge grin and watched all the other players eat them.
    :lol:

BubbaT on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "As it turned out, Wade provided the MJ impression: doling out hard fouls, crashing the rim, fighting on every possession, and staring down fans after baskets and blocks.9 Meanwhile, LeBron was swinging the ball like a frightened fat guy in a pickup game, his face slowly starting to look like Marcia Cross and Teri Hatcher had attacked him with a Botox needle. "

haha

So It Goes on
  • Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ugh. Come on, Dallas.

EDIT: That's more like it.

Slider on
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ridonkulous 3 point shooting from dallas.

James less so

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    JASON TERRY!! WHAT!?

Slider on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    Ridonkulous 3 point shooting from dallas.

James less so

It's still ridiculous, just the other kind.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Shawn marion with...the jerk off hand motion?

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Terry finally showed up in the finals and the Mavs score triple digits for the first time this series.

Coincidence?

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I'm glad i'm not the only one who saw that.

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    UnderdogUnderdog Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Hahaha yeah I saw that too. I don't know what the hell that was...

DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Underdog on
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tridus1x wrote: »

I'm glad i'm not the only one who saw that.

Thank youuuuu hahahaaaa

jackisreal on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lebron had two points in the fourth quarter?

Wow. He's almost making me feel sorry for him. Lebron you are an emotional roller-coaster. I like you I hate you aww man I'm sorry buddy c'mere lemme give ya a hug big guy

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Maybe was saying wade is a jerk....off for shooting the three? I dunno.

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Podly wrote: »

Wow. He's almost making me feel sorry for him. Lebron you are an emotional roller-coaster. I like you I hate you aww man I'm sorry buddy c'mere lemme give ya a hug big guy

If it was anybody else a 17/10/10 game would be big time, but Lebron didn't show up the way he's supposed to when it mattered. I understand why they felt they had to get Wade back in, he's the one that really wants to push to win it.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I remember a story about shaq, how they had someone stand around the rim with a giant paddle at practice and swat away all his close shots to force him to work on shooting from further out. Miami needs a guy to camp the 3 point line at practice and do the same to lebron.

I mean yeah, you went 4-6 from 3 or whatever that one game, but that should be a rare surprise "omg I just beat orlando" shot, not your primary 4th quarter option.

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011

He's played too many minutes in the playoffs. He's gassed.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    bang

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    kdrudy wrote: »

If it was anybody else a 17/10/10 game would be big time, but Lebron didn't show up the way he's supposed to when it mattered. I understand why they felt they had to get Wade back in, he's the one that really wants to push to win it.

I said this in the Social Entropy thread but no player, not even the greats have played as many minutes as Lebron and won a championship except maybe Kobe (and Kobe played a lot of minutes per game and didn't win it). Relying on Lebron to come through is a bit much.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    He already complained back in november about playing too many minutes. 44 minutes is a lot of game time.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    how many minutes is dwade playing?

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Bergy wrote: »
    He already complained back in november about playing too many minutes. 44 minutes is a lot of game time.

The thing is, back then he was exaggerating, but now it's factual. He's averaging a 44 mpg right now in the playoffs.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So It Goes wrote: »

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So It Goes wrote: »

mrt144 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Lebron disappears so completely in the second half that spoelstra forgets he is playing and doesn't sub him out for a rest.

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So I looked over it a bit more and in the modern era only iverson and kobe are even comaprable in mpg in the playoffs and iverson usurps james at times. Arenas has had 2 absurd mpg playoff appearances too.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lebron disappears so completely in the second half that spoelstra forgets he is playing and doesn't sub him out for a rest.

To be fair who is he gonna sub him out with?

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Niiiice Dallas. Now go and win Game 6 on Sunday.

TheBigEasy on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

If LeBron didn't want to play 44 minutes a game, he shouldn't have joined Wade and Bosh in Miami. He put himself in a situation where it was going to take he, Wade, and Bosh playing heavy minutes every game in order to win. I don't think they considered the amount of effort it takes to play 3 on 5 for all 48 minutes of 100 odd games, especially when every single team they played gave them their best shot. In any one game they clearly have as good a chance to win as anyone, but 6 solid months of having to play as hard as they can all game every game is taking its toll and it's obvious right now.

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    y2jake215 wrote: »

If LeBron didn't want to play 44 minutes a game, he shouldn't have joined Wade and Bosh in Miami. He put himself in a situation where it was going to take he, Wade, and Bosh playing heavy minutes every game in order to win. I don't think they considered the amount of effort it takes to play 3 on 5 for all 48 minutes of 100 odd games, especially when every single team they played gave them their best shot. In any one game they clearly have as good a chance to win as anyone, but 6 solid months of having to play as hard as they can all game every game is taking its toll and it's obvious right now.

I dont think there has been an expectation of anyone playing as much as he is in playoffs on even the greatest players. Like I said, Iverson, Arenas and Kobe are the only modern players to be in the same league as him as far as mpg in the playoffs goes. And I'd have to go back 1981 with larry effing bird to find a player who won a championship and played more than 44 minutes.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    mrt144 wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »

I dont think there has been an expectation of anyone playing as much as he is in playoffs on even the greatest players. Like I said, Iverson, Arenas and Kobe are the only modern players to be in the same league as him as far as mpg in the playoffs goes. And I'd have to go back 1981 with larry effing bird to find a player who won a championship and played more than 44 minutes.

It just shows how great Wade and LeBron are that they're 2 games from winning a title with basically three players. I'm kind of petrified of the Heat in 2 or 3 years when they've been able to add quality veterans and depth instead of the random terrible cast-offs they had to snag this year like Bibby and Juwan Howard

edit: What I'm saying is, that's the difficulty in doing what they did and trying to win a title. It's overwhelmingly difficult to win a title having to play that many minutes. And I really don't think they fully understood that when they decided to all join forces (not to mention the considerable hate from opposing crowds all season). I think they thought they'd just cruise to a title and everyone would love them.

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey now. Juwan Howard is the man.

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Juwan Howard is most definitely a man, I'll give you that

It was pretty funny that there was a couple minute stretch where Juwan Howard and Brian Cardinal combined for like 11 points. 2 guys who your championship hopes probably shouldn't be resting on

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.