Options

[DnD 4e PbP] Death's Veil: King of the Trollhaunt Warrens (OOC)

1161718192022»

• Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    I'll hold before posting, just to make sure Thekla gains that invisibility bonus.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    She gave it to Efail though?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I suggested otherwise, but it was end of page
    Grog wrote:
    Might be worth giving that invisibility to Thekla, so she can avoid the OAs and get close to the Guardian

Grog on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Oooh, yea missed that.

Characters
  • Options
    firemanfredfiremanfred Registered User regular
    That's fine by me, Invisible Thekla it is.

tepvoy5.png
    Spaceships are better than relationships
  • Options
    OK, post is FINALLY up. Sorry for the delay, but that solid hit Thekla made more than made up for it. Let's take out the trash!

• Options
    I'm not entirely sure why Thekla ran, since you're moving up the slope to the coffin and you only moved 4 squares to begin with (even if the last square was difficult terrain you still had more than enough movement).

Characters
  • Options
    Either way, go Thekla!

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Thekla has an OA against a Putrescent Zombie (who if killed with the OA would be in range of everyone for its explosion) and an OA against the Boneshard Guardian.

Also, I tried attacking Merrill twice this round only to remember she's invisible! So I piled on Efail instead :D

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Aegis wrote:
    I'm not entirely sure why Thekla ran, since you're moving up the slope to the coffin and you only moved 4 squares to begin with (even if the last square was difficult terrain you still had more than enough movement).

Sorry, i misread the description at the bottom of the map as though the ground was considered difficult terrain all round the mound. So i ran so that i could have 4 squares of movement on difficult terrain. To quote:

The ground slopes up in a mound towards the central coffin from bottom right to top left. The northern most and western most squares are all five to six feet off the ground and moving from an adjacent non-mound square directly onto ground (ie- continuing on north while on the mound) count as difficult terrain for the hop down, and vice versa (ie - moving from E9 to F9).

Since i wasn't sure if walking on the same row counted as difficult terrain, i'd just play it safe (the irony!) and run towards the guardian. It also fits Thekla, since she's pretty angry at EFail's stupid antics, and would love to unleash her anger on something she WASN'T contractually obligated to protect.
    Aegis wrote:
    Thekla has an OA against a Putrescent Zombie (who if killed with the OA would be in range of everyone for its explosion) and an OA against the Boneshard Guardian.

Will post that in as well. Here's hoping...

BTW: Do i still have a -5 penalties on my OAs against the Guardian and Putrescent zombie? And Do i gain Combat advantage against them since I'm invisible?

Edit: Looks like i missed both, unless of course, the above two questions are answered. In which case, I'll re-edit my post accordingly...

Edit 2: Just realized the OAs occur AFTER her turn (i posted this just before Aegis posted in the IC thread). I'll just move those accordingly to the correct spots.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    Yea, walking on the same row doesn't count as difficult terrain, only trying to move up from the ground to the raised portion or vice versa when you're not following the grade of the slope.

If you're not running (I assumed you weren't), then no you don't have any penalties to attack. And your OAs get CA because you're invisible, yes.

Characters
  • Options
    Aegis wrote:
    Yea, walking on the same row doesn't count as difficult terrain, only trying to move up from the ground to the raised portion or vice versa when you're not following the grade of the slope.

If you're not running (I assumed you weren't), then no you don't have any penalties to attack. And your OAs get CA because you're invisible, yes.

OK, thanks for clearing that up, I'll re-edit that scene, so that I'll walk to there instead of running.

• Options
    Well you can still briskly jog!

Characters
  • Options
    OK, posted my OAs, as well as re-edited my previous post to reflect my WALKING speed now.

They were originally 1d20+17, but i added the running penalty in as well, and with the other bonuses, resulted in 1d20+16.

Since the run was retconned, the roll should have been 1d20+21.

So, if it's ok Aegis, I've just added +3 to the attack roll. (Damage rolls remained the same though).

tl;dr version:
    Putrescent zombie still alive
    Guardian took another hit, and is bloodied!

• Options
    Oh goodie, he's bloodied, one moment!

Characters
  • Options
    Merrill is hiding a four leaf clover in his satchel because the only way I could have managed to miss him on that attack was by rolling a 1.

Characters
  • Options
    Let me know if I've majorly cocked anything up on that turn, but if all's well that Boneclaw's down.

Also, wasn't sure if the skeletons had vulnerable radiant.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    They do in fact have Vulnerable 5 radiant.

I had thought Medrash had used Spark Form last encounter though.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    It's an encounter power

edit: ok added in the extra radiant damage.

Grog on
  • Options
    Durr. I had this thought that it was a Daily power for some reason. Nevermind!

Characters
  • Options
    Z0re, you'd be doing 33 damage on that crit, no? 29 seems to only be including the non-maxed crit damage roll?

Characters
  • Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote:
    Z0re, you'd be doing 33 damage on that crit, no? 29 seems to only be including the non-maxed crit damage roll?

Yes, thats right.

I forgot that criticals maxed your damage roll. <.<

• Options
    Thekla's up.

Characters
  • Options
    firemanfredfiremanfred Registered User regular
    Thought I'd drop by and see what's up.

I'm playing Skyrim on Master difficulty and lets just say that sometimes it's better to sneak by a frost troll than face his damnable regeneration rate and morning breath combo.

tepvoy5.png
    Spaceships are better than relationships
  • Options
    They get a morning breath on Master? I'm running through on Expert and they didn't seem that bad (that is to say, their swing combo is relatively easy to dodge and as long as you kite them properly I can whittle them down) so I'll have to try that for my next run.

Yea, also looks like Tiamat's timing out since he has no activity since Halloween.

Characters
  • Options
    Skyrim's a blast so far. What started out as an unarmed-sneaky-type has become a heavy-shield-dragon-puncher-type. Love elder scrolls.

He's probably pretty busy. That or we are cursed to lose all strikers.

• Options
    I'm unfortunately busy wrapping up my year long project this Month so I'll be even lucky to get a break.

As such, I'm afraid I'll have to call from my side off.

Sorry guys, for this notice, but like I said, I'll be busy this WHOLE month, and won't get time to properly post.

As such, I'd hate to keep you guys waiting, so if it's fine with the DM, consider it time to send Thekla off (either dead or missing will do) for the time being, as I won't get proper time off till the 30th.

Again, apologies to the rest of you. I had a blast playing Thekla, but I'd rather send her off than to have you guys wait for me. Maybe once I'm less busy Thekla could return (doubt it, but will make for some nice acquaintances with the old team) and we could have the old team. But until then, you guys can roll for her until your done with this encounter.

Thanks for the fish guys, it was swell...

• Options
    Good luck with the project man, gonna miss Thekla's banter. A reunion further down the line definitely sounds good though.

• Options
    Moving ahead with a turn and just running Thekla for the time being.

Characters
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    This turn currently contains 3 natural 1s :/

Edit: #4!

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    No 1s for me!

And we've got an invisible mark, with punishment. Fun.

• Options
    Is Verdance or Merrill's turn. Unless you'd like Thekla to go before then, in which case just shout, as I was otherwise just going to default to going after everyone else went for simplicity sake.

Characters