As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DnD 4e PbP] Death's Veil: King of the Trollhaunt Warrens (OOC)

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fiaryn did you include the +4 from rune of mending? It applies til the end of my turn, not just your next attack.

Because, y'know, you haven't done enough damage already

Grog on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    He had +5 power damage from his own attack earlier so it didn't stack.

Also, spoiler: I have gone back to my defender critting ways. Kay will be proud (Z0re might want to kill me).

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That's... not encouraging.

Z0re on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is it more encouraging if I tell you I crit you twice?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh derp. I'm finding the essentials classes really hard to read through the builder.

Grog on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Grog wrote: »
    Oh derp. I'm finding the essentials classes really hard to read through the builder.

How so?

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Fiaryn, you have an Infernal Wrath attack you can take against Spitting Troll but not Reflexive Hellstrike as he's not adjacent.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'll take it. You want me to roll damage here or in the thread?

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sure, or in the IC thread if you want to RP it out. FYI he hit you with more spit.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Currently enjoying my luck with not getting hit for the most part. Currently enjoying it a lot.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well... crap. Any way I could have taken an instictive Infernal Wrath against the Ogre before I went down? Might be enough to knock him into negatives.

Z0re on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well I believe it was the final troll, who acted after the Ogre Mage, who took you to -1 so I think you should be eligible for Infernal Wrath.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Infernal Wrath is eligible on Troll #1, Ogre Mage, and Troll #2.

And I think Merrill has an interrupt to save Verdance but am not sure.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    fyi gonna be asleep for the next 9 hours, just wanted to see if the ogre went down.

It did, go team!

Grog on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    A minor correction for the status block.

A) Atish only has +1 AC while Unbloodied. The Agile armor has a cap of +1 at this level.

B) I WISH Blazing Doom/Soul Eater were Damage/AB bonuses until EONT, but it is not so. My damage bonus from each is expended on the next attack. Thusly, I'm back to +4 power bonus to damage from Rune of Mending and I currently have a +2 power bonus to attack rolls on my next attack roll.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Huh, alright. Here I thought they'd make it like every other item and have the cap based off the enhancement value of the item in question, not some arbitrary number.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Aegis wrote: »
    Huh, alright. Here I thought they'd make it like every other item and have the cap based off the enhancement value of the item in question, not some arbitrary number.

Yeah it's kind of bizarro.

:itisamystery:

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    A two leader party really is pretty interesting. Fireman can still prevent Verdance going down with his Prescient Powers, and Verdance could probably Majestic Word herself if need be.

Edit: Also fireman's latest post is a great example of why I never, ever play Bards. I see shit like that and I know I can't do it and I'm like "I'm not worthyyyyy"

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If I ever get to play a Bard in a game, he will be Ryan Stiles. Intentionally misrhyming words for comedic effect.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So much for Thekla to land the (non lethal) killing blow on the Ogre.

After all, a public execution just doesn't feel... right with a dead body.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also, should Thekla go aid Efail, or should Atish do that? Considering that our forces are scattered around.

Edit: Decided to go support Verdance and Merrill (well, mostly Verdance), that way Atish can help Efail with the other trolls and kill them off with his fire powers.

Edit2: There, that should give Merill and Verdance some breathing room. Thekla's going to have a word with Verdance on honoring promises on the battlefield after this...

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah I was thinking of popping Word of Befuddlement on troll 3, meaning if atish hits it'll make an mba on troll4.

Glad I get to use that power, but kind of regretting taking it. Seems like there's only a few situations it'd be useful in.

It also has a silly name.

edit: or go for troll 4, meaning I get the +2d6 from challenging weapon, and atish can get to flanking?

Grog on
  • Options
    firemanfredfiremanfred Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I do have an immediate interrupt! I just got a chance to read through the actions of ogre/trolls and I think it would be most likely that I would interrupt the trolls charge that knocked Verdance out. I know it doesn't prevent the largest amount of damage, but it seems much more likely in this scenario that I was able to prevent a hit by a charging troll than shockwave of ice or electricity.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
    Spaceships are better than relationships
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Given that the other two attacks that hit her crit, it's the only one that would have had an effect on making it miss :)

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Atish Zadiki, Violator of Ogres
    atishzad.jpg

There is nothing phallic about this image

Grog on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Efail's Rune of Mending damage bonus (+4 power damage) lasts until the end of his next turn and doesn't matter how far you move away from him. You just have to be within 10 squares of him when he casts the Rune of Mending.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh, in that case, I'll deal an additional 4 damage. Fixing this right now.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    That is awesome Grog! Atish is getting all sorts of attention, what with a portrait and a poem dedicated to him.

Also, should we come up with a name for our band of adventurers?

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The Atish Zadiki Project? Atish and friends?

Well it needs to refer to the fact that we've got 2 tieflings, 2 elves and a dragonborn. Christ, sounds like a bad joke.

Also if anyone else wants a pic just let me know. Otherwise I think I'm going to get Thekla out of the way, keep drawing her with a horseface...

Grog on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also, it appears it's time to unleash some healing up in here.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You could maybe try Verdance or Merrill instead.

Seriously, I don't mind Thekla being last.

Also, if you have trouble with dragon faces, try taking a gander at some of the DND dragons (metallic or chromatic). It may inspire you.

Also, with regards to group names, may I suggest something that's based upon the Trollhaunt region, like the Moonstair defenders (looks like to be the capital of this region), or Guardians of Lake Kador, or maybe even The Troll Busters.

I've never been a big fan of Adventure Group Names. It keeps reminding me of this...

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Aegis, I have another Immediate Interrupt I would like to apply, only this one is to the Ogre's lightning attack that just hit me. Prescient Defense grants me a +2 to all defenses against an attack when hit by an enemy. Is it cool if I weave that into my post where I saved Verdance, or would you like a new post? I don't have to add flavor, I can just put up the power text and discount the 15 damage if you like.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm afraid you only get one Immediate action per round, Fred. It is something that vexes me greatly, given that I have a tendency to play Defenders.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Noooo.

I'm somewhat troubled by Efail all by his lonesome out by those two trolls, but I suppose Atish can go lay waste to them. I think I'll heal Verdance then attack the dazed troll in front of me and teleport the two of us to spots of my choosing adjacent to it.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    You could maybe try Verdance or Merrill instead.

Seriously, I don't mind Thekla being last.

Also, if you have trouble with dragon faces, try taking a gander at some of the DND dragons (metallic or chromatic). It may inspire you.

Also, with regards to group names, may I suggest something that's based upon the Trollhaunt region, like the Moonstair defenders (looks like to be the capital of this region), or Guardians of Lake Kador, or maybe even The Troll Busters.

I've never been a big fan of Adventure Group Names. It keeps reminding me of this...

I've got some exciting ideas for the armour, so I'm set on it now. Plus big axes are fun times.

As for the name, I have found it a bit odd reading pbps where the group suddenly has a name that's been decided on ooc. Maybe if we came up with something, then Aegis could work it into the narrative? Like having the people of moonstair start calling us something in response to finishing a quest.

Either that or just attribute it to Merrill's bardic boasting

Noooo.

I'm somewhat troubled by Efail all by his lonesome out by those two trolls, but I suppose Atish can go lay waste to them. I think I'll heal Verdance then attack the dazed troll in front of me and teleport the two of us to spots of my choosing adjacent to it.

No worries, me and Fiaryn have got this. Efail hasn't even been hit this encounter! *waits for sky to fall on him*

Grog on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I almost had him

I was so close

Also: RIP AND TEAR

Edit: And on the topic of adventuring company names, I support Grog's idea of letting it come about naturally. I do like Moonstair Defenders, but we'll earn it! :D

Edit the Second: Atish sketch :O

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I love the idea of earning a name/fame naturally in context of the campaign. I'm all for that.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    When ZOre's turn comes up, he should finish off Troll #1.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Now why would you bash a troll that's already down? You monsters!

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hey, far as I know Trolls ain't welcome round these parts. Heard callin another 'Troll' was enough to get a man jailed... or worse.

Z0re on