As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Summer Slugfest Slamdown: Movies & More!

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Hemsworth was Kirk's dad for 10 minutes.

Home and Away

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    There is literally 0 chance of Spider-Man or Wolverine being in the film

Spider-Man is owned by Sony, Wolverine is owned by Fox.

and Nathan Fillion is too old and flabby too play Ant-Man at this point.

I may have issues with Nathan Fillion wise-assing his way into becoming this generation's William Shatner, or whatever, but I don't see why Ant-Man would need to be a buff dude. He, too, wears a special suit like Iron Man, and likely movie Ant-Man's suit will be all the more specialer.

And, c'mon. Like he wouldn't hit the gym for the part. Fillion's all of 41. His metabolism ain't in the shitter yet or anything. It's not like they couldn't just throw a bright green shirt on him and give him The Ultimate CGI Torso Treatment if it was really that big a deal.

RDJ is pushing 50 these days and no one's been saying he can't make it work.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I just had a great idea

they should have Nick Offerman play D-Man in a movie

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    There is literally 0 chance of Spider-Man or Wolverine being in the film

Spider-Man is owned by Sony, Wolverine is owned by Fox.

and Nathan Fillion is too old and flabby too play Ant-Man at this point.

I may have issues with Nathan Fillion wise-assing his way into becoming this generation's William Shatner, or whatever, but I don't see why Ant-Man would need to be a buff dude. He, too, wears a special suit like Iron Man, and likely movie Ant-Man's suit will be all the more specialer.

And, c'mon. Like he wouldn't hit the gym for the part. Fillion's all of 41. His metabolism ain't in the shitter yet or anything. It's not like they couldn't just throw a bright green shirt on him and give him The Ultimate CGI Torso Treatment if it was really that big a deal.

RDJ is pushing 50 these days and no one's been saying he can't make it work.
    Ant-Man has a way more traditional, form fitting suit.
    ant-man_01.jpg
    vs
    ironman_ca_post11.jpg

and Fillion could get in shape if he wanted but he has a steady gig playing chubby, out of shape author Castle on ABC and as Centi and I said isn't really the Hank Pym type anyways

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Also, according to Whedon awhile back re: cameos
    There are no cameos from other heroes in the Avengers

I keep hearing it's
    Thanos

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

I keep hearing it's
    Thanos

Had I not already been spoiled on that, I would have stabbed you right now :P
    Thanos is not a hero.

• Options
    ant-man_01.jpg

I can almost guarantee you the hypothetical Marvel Movie Ant-Man will look almost nothing like this. I'm seeing something with heavily textured padding, goggles, and the antennae are normally flicked back against either side of the hooded head. When he's commanding ants the antennae begin tilting and twitching to indicate ANT COMMAND ABILITY and where the ants are being told to go.

Basically, less Marvel Movie Captain America, more Marvel Movie Hawkeye.

• Options
    So long as he has the Kirby dot channels on his suit and the waveform mouthpiece, I'll be down.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    and I honestly think if he expressed interest in it he would have a shot

I mean Downey was a has-been when he was cast in Iron Man, Evans had a stream of supporting roles and Hemsworth was Kirk's dad for 10 minutes.

Marvel isn't afraid to cast little known dudes.

It really is amazing how well cast these movies are.

If it had happened just once I would have called it coincidence but they keep taking guys who know expects and makes them the character.

If any of Wights script is left I could see Nathan Fillion as the aging Pym. Past his prime and looking to pass on his name. Or maybe a Beyond thing were the young Antman steals Pym's equipment but Pym later agrees to help him.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    yeah I would be fucking shocked if they didn't change the ant-man suit wildly for the movies

they don't need to keep it form fitting

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I keep hearing it's
    Thanos

Had I not already been spoiled on that, I would have stabbed you right now :P
    Thanos is not a hero.

Wow.

Wow. That is awesome.
    Speaking of Nick Offerman roles.

Did you know Nick Offerman was in the running for The Thing? Then they chose Michael Chiklis. :/

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    I'd actually like some bad reviews first. What's the rock bottom opinion so far?

• Options
    I'd actually like some bad reviews first. What's the rock bottom opinion so far?

"Reminds me too much of Transformers 3, because obviously that's the only movie ever to have a city attacked by aliens."

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular

It has a 14% right now on Rotten Tomatoes - all sorts of bad reviews

• Options
    Hensler wrote: »

It has a 14% right now on Rotten Tomatoes - all sorts of bad reviews

Ugh. Just reopened an old wound there, bub. I watched the original Avengers when I was growing up.

• Options
    Hahahaha.. You totally nailed me Hensler.

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Guys.

I got preview tickets because of one of my jobs.

I don't even know.... I wanted to see the movie, but I don't even feel like a guy that should have these. And all of my friends are busy with finals and can't even make it back home until the real premiere.

Life, man!

• Options
    Eh, if you got 'em, enjoy 'em.

• Options
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Guys.

I don't even know.... I wanted to see the movie, but I don't even feel like a guy that should have these. And all of my friends are busy with finals and can't even make it back home until the real premiere.

Life, man!

I will be happy to take them off your hands. People don't mind if you bring a cranky toddler to big-ticket previews, right?

• Options
    Guys.

I don't even know.... I wanted to see the movie, but I don't even feel like a guy that should have these.

I know it's 4/20, but ... Are you fucking high?

There is all sorts of things that no one should ever have, and specific people do but should absolutely NEVER have. But that shit exists, and always will. So in the immortal words of Aziz Ansari (who is one of the former),

Treat Yo'Self!

• Options
    Hadj, there are much worse things to be handed in life than free tickets to one of the biggest movies of the summer.

If you still feel guilty about it afterwards, go be extra nice for a while or something.

• Options
    Hell, if you want to pay off the Karma for getting the tickets, just don't spoil the movie for anyone and I'm sure that'll balance it back to even.

• Options
    SPOIL IT!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Use proper tags or I will end your time on these forums. I have the tools, and the talent.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Nah, you'll just get an infraction or two. AND MY ALL ENCOMPASSING RAGE

• Options
    I'd be down with the ending their time on the forums. ;)

'course, knowing me, I'll probably fuck up a spoiler tag on the 4th and wind up stabbing myself with my own damn sword. :D

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Geebs promise me that anyone who spoils something big about the movie gets at least a week long ban

please

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Geebs promise me that anyone who spoils something big about the movie gets at least a week long ban

please

there will be a moment where thor throws his hammer and tony fires repulsor blasts and cap throws his shield and even natasha gets in on the action with her wrist-gun-bracelet-things

SPOILERTH

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    I do know one kind of spoiler, which actually makes things more interesting
    Apparently one of the main characters dies.

• Options
    Wow, the season one finale for Young Justice just wrapped up.

Fuck.
    Red Arrow is a clone of the real speedy, who is missing an arm and has been preserved at the much younger age he was captured at. The League were all Starro'd, but the heaviest hitters were missing for an extended period of time that can't be accounted for.

Also, Lobo, Blue Beetle, and Cassie are all in season two, possibly starting with next week's episode.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Fuck.
    Red Arrow is a clone of the real speedy, who is missing an arm and has been preserved at the much younger age he was captured at. The League were all Starro'd, but the heaviest hitters were missing for an extended period of time that can't be accounted for.

Also, Lobo, Blue Beetle, and Cassie are all in season two, possibly starting with next week's episode.
    The Leaguers who went missing were the same core roster from the previous Justice League cartoon. :mrgreen:

I'm glad we're finally seeing Cassie. Guess Donna doesn't exist in this universe. Maybe next season we'll get an episode on Themyscira.

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Fuck.

The Leaguers who went missing were the same core roster from the previous Justice League cartoon. :mrgreen:

I'm glad we're finally seeing Cassie. Guess Donna doesn't exist in this universe. Maybe next season we'll get an episode on Themyscira.
    They went universe hopping. All of the old DCAU takes place while they're Starro'd. In a sense ... it was all a dream

E: Also, that was another good variation of a villain with Starro.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options

Fuck.

They went universe hopping. All of the old DCAU takes place while they're Starro'd. In a sense ... it was all a dream

E: Also, that was another good variation of a villain with Starro.
    but

the DCAU is actually good :(

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Aw come on, Young Justice is not too far from DCAU. And while YJ has only been on one season, there's plenty of mediocre material to pick out of the entirety of the DCAU. I think YJ is shaping up to be a great series ... that will get canceled too early.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    it's entirely too dark for my liking and i dont like some of their casting decisions

• Options
    I think Season 2 will probably be it for young justice, just because of how CN has operated in the past, and because they probably won't expand the DC Nation block once Beware the Batman comes.

In a perfect world, DC Nation and Marvel Universe would each be Two-Hour blocks. Especially since each has another half-hour in development (Beware the Batman and Hulk Squad).

• Options
    herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    I hope to high heaven Young Justice sticks around. The only thing that I wouldn't mind replacing it is a Hellblazer show and that sure as hell ain't happening.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    There's a new documentary out there called Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope, directed by Morgan Spurlock. It's got a terrible name but the movie was actually pretty good and didn't look at the fans who attend SDCC as these fools and losers. In dealing with the comic parts of the films, for as long as I've read comics it's just so weird to put a face and a voice to a name with some of the creators who are interviewed. Todd McFarlane has a slight lisp and has a nasally voice, Matt Fraction reminds me a lot of Ryan from the Office, and even Joss Whedon seems to sound different than what I expect (I never really watched his stuff, I know him more for his comic work and being a comic guy). Billy Tucci and Frank Miller are the only guys who really sound the way I've thought they'd sound. The main crux of the comic part of the movie is the owner of Mile High Comics trying to sell some rare Marvel/Timely comics and yet having a sense of not really wanting to sell stuff, even though we find out during the film he needs the money and the only way they make a decent performance at the show is to have a firesale on Sunday to move product. There are also two comic artists looking to get noticed, one an Air Force guy who draws a pretty good Hulk and some hipster guy who hasn't had reality hit him yet, but their stories kind of get pushed to the side for the Mile High guy and a chick who does these really cool Mass Effect costumes (the costumes you see in this go beyond the rather blah 20 minute cosplay and cross that level of commitment that you just admire the effort put into them, there's a War Machine that's pretty damn cool).

It's a good 90 minute film to watch, Grant Morrison has a few lines where he talks about Superheroes being what we could be if we weren't assholes to each other, and even Stan Lee shows up in one of his least grating appearances these days, especially when he interacts with a kid who's a Silver Surfer fan.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I also love Young Justice and hopes it sticks around. It's the only superhero cartoon I've enjoyed in a long time. Avengers didn't grab me at all, and from what I've seen Ultimate Spider-Man seems kinda lame.

I miss Spectacular Spider-Man.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
This discussion has been closed.