Options

Super Summer Slugfest Slamdown: Movies & More!

• Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Personally, I'm hoping for She-Hulk if they do another Hulk movie.

Though I think the highest on my dream list is a TV series for Daredevil, especially if it concentrates more on the courtroom drama than the costume hijinx.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Yvonne Strahovski for Carol Danvers, done deal.

Ayup

I think she'd make a better Agent 6 in the next Cap movie.

Sharon Carter is Agent 13. She'd definitely be a worthy addition to the cast.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »

I think the hard part of doing She-Hulk is that she's got to be much more emotive than the Hulk and look more like an actual person than he does as well, which would be hard to pull off in CGI without tripping over the uncanny valley.

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    What if they did it like Gandalf visiting the shire?

• Options
    cshadow42 wrote: »

I think the hard part of doing She-Hulk is that she's got to be much more emotive than the Hulk and look more like an actual person than he does as well, which would be hard to pull off in CGI without tripping over the uncanny valley.

Unless they make the uncanny valley effect work for the character, to distinguish her from her untransformed form.

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    See, I think you could do She-Hulk, through some pretty standard effects and camera trickery.

Get an actress with some muscle definition and personality, and then use costuming to make her look kind of mousy, for the Jen Walters persona. She-Hulk's height and green skin could be done pretty easily through camera trickery and make-up, with some CGI to fill in the gaps. I mean, if you used the She-Hulk costume that has pants, you'd really only have to make-up an actress's arms and face. Throw a green wig and contact lenses on, and you're done.

I think the biggest hurdle to a She-Hulk movie, is that we've seen way too many mousy-to-mighty movies over the last decade. That said, I think you could definitely play with that formula, and subvert audience expectations in an interesting way.

• Options
    Munch wrote: »
    See, I think you could do She-Hulk, through some pretty standard effects and camera trickery.

Get an actress with some muscle definition and personality, and then use costuming to make her look kind of mousy, for the Jen Walters persona. She-Hulk's height and green skin could be done pretty easily through camera trickery and make-up, with some CGI to fill in the gaps. I mean, if you used the She-Hulk costume that has pants, you'd really only have to make-up an actress's arms and face. Throw a green wig and contact lenses on, and you're done.

I think the biggest hurdle to a She-Hulk movie, is that we've seen way too many mousy-to-mighty movies over the last decade. That said, I think you could definitely play with that formula, and subvert audience expectations in an interesting way.

True. Though I expect the best chance for She-Hulk appearing in the MCU is in the next Hulk movie.

• Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    Yvonne Strahovski for Carol Danvers, done deal.

Ayup

I think she'd make a better Agent 6 in the next Cap movie.

Sharon Carter is Agent 13. She'd definitely be a worthy addition to the cast.

*Cuts a corner off of nerd card* I have three more left, then I got to turn it in . . .

I would really like to see She-Hulk in the next IH film, but wouldn't using makeup and special effects to make the actress "mousy" just be a variation of what they did with Chris Evans? Granted it would rely more on traditional effects rather than CGI, but it would essentially be the same artificial-frailty we saw in First Avenger. Better just to make her a normal person then use the tricks Munch described in making her a hulk.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Basically, I want She-Hulk to be Rachel Leigh Cook, in She's All That.

Actually, let's get Freddie Prinze as Augustus Pugliese, too.

Done and done.

Munch on
  • Options
    There's some pretty good She-Hulk cosplay images out there, and they're fairly hot. I think with the backing of an FX studio they could make a really good She-Hulk.

Must resist urge to link She-Hulk cosplay...

• Options
    herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    Young Justice:
    Oh shit Apache Chief!!!

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    God damn, shit is real this week on Young Justice

• Options
    shehulk.jpg

Couldn't resist. I think this is one of the better She-Hulk cosplays around. If they had that quality in a movie, I'd happily watch it.

Though I still think She-Hulk crossed with Allie McBeal would be freaking awesome.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Is she wearing a corset under the swimsuit? I can see stay lines.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The season finale of Green Lantern was easily the best episode of the series so far. Though I wonder what next season will hold (is there a 2nd season confirmed at this point even?)
    Mog/Kilowag/Saint Walker against the Red Lantern armada :)
    Probably guessing we'll see the sinestro corps form / slowly become the big bad next season (since the red lantern story is over....for now)

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    The season finale of Green Lantern was easily the best episode of the series so far. Though I wonder what next season will hold (is there a 2nd season confirmed at this point even?)
    Mog/Kilowag/Saint Walker against the Red Lantern armada :)
    Probably guessing we'll see the sinestro corps form / slowly become the big bad next season (since the red lantern story is over....for now)

Isn't there a new episode next week?

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    no

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Young Justice's animation is so great. I rewatched every battle sequence a billion times. Other shows need to watch this show.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Young Justice's animation is so great. I rewatched every battle sequence a billion times. Other shows need to watch this show.

LOK does well keeping up with action sequences. That's an exception, though.

edit: Star Wars: The Clone Wars has good action scenes.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBzRmWeC6Ds&feature=player_embedded#!

Kevin Conroy, Billy West , John Dimaggio, reading Star Wars, as various superheroes and cartoon characters ( and some impersonations)
    Batman narrates!
    ( Lamarche as Christopher Walken as R2-D2, makes me lose it everytime)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Holy crap, I watched all of that. So many funny moments. Hearing Bender say "Star Wars is shit" was the best part.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Holy crap, I watched all of that. So many funny moments. Hearing Bender say "Star Wars is shit" was the best part.

His line after that cracks me up too, " Ooo I can say shit?... shit shit shit shitty shit shit shit"

Edit: Tony Soprano Greedo vs Twilight Sparkle Han Solo is pretty gold too

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Best bit was the Porky Pig Stormtrooper bit with DiMaggio and West.

• Options
    Tony Soprano Greedo was really funny.

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    CBR makes eleven casting recommendations for Marvel superheroine movies.

That they also recommend Theron as Danvers makes me question everything.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    That article acts like it has no concept of the difficulties of making a movie, nor that Marvel is purposely attempting a limited release schedule. Statements like "It's about time Sif got a solo movie" are just asinine. Just because she was a supporting character in a single movie and showed up in some animation. Really.

What about the Warriors 3? They meet those qualificiations so "there's no reason they shouldn't be allowed to headline their own movie." :P

Also, I question the sanity of finally making a solo movie with a female hero, and picking Firestar: the superhero who got cancer from her own superpowers.

EDIT: And if you're going to make a solo movie featuring a mutant, why would you not just use Storm or Jean Grey? Or Rogue, or Kitty Pride?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Angie Harmon, nice, and I could see her being She-Hulk or Wasp, as opposed to the chick they chose for Janet for that article. I could actually see her being Wasp more, because Janet should be a little older, who kind of knows how to play the game a bit (at least 616 Janet).

• Options

How is Theron not a good candidate for Carol?

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Angie Harmon, nice, and I could see her being She-Hulk or Wasp, as opposed to the chick they chose for Janet for that article. I could actually see her being Wasp more, because Janet should be a little older, who kind of knows how to play the game a bit (at least 616 Janet).

I could see pulling off a pretty great older Jessica Jones, too.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular

No no she needs to be She-Hulk because I miss Angie Harmon in a courtroom.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options

Man, I am just not on board with the vast majority of this list.

Isn't Colleen Wing half-Japanese? Casting Emma Caulfield seems weird for that role to me. Tracie Thoms is a good actress, but the only similarity she has to Misty Knight is being black. Misty is supposed to be a blaxploitation heroine. She should look like Aunjanue Ellis in Undercover Brother.

Jewel Staite for Wasp? They can't be serious.

Also I just don't like Theron for Danvers because I think she's kind of too big a star for the role.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Thanks for that, CBR

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Charlize Heron would be overkill. You might as well cast Brad Pitt as Hank Pym.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Those two aren't really comparable

and I think Charlize is fine

The Avengers has made massive stars out of all of its' cast members and Downey has been a mega star for 4 years now

why would Charlize Theron, whose last three movies were a sci-fi thriller, a fantasy action movie co-starring Chris Hemsworth and a quirky indie comedy by Jason Reitman, be too big a star?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    eh, I just like Yvonne Strahovski better for the role I guess

• Options

You can never have enough star power in movies, you need to get the people in the seats somehow. That said, Pitt being Pym might work he's got the chops for it IMO. That said, I'd like Yvonne Strahovski is my first choice for Carol.

• Options
    Charlize Theron would deffo work

and she doesn't look wrong at all

she's an attractive blond woman who can pull off a tough military demeanor

that's basically Carol's style

• Options
    Charlize Theron would deffo work

and she doesn't look wrong at all

she's an attractive blond woman who can pull off a tough military demeanor

that's basically Carol's style

Exactly. She'd make a good Carol Ferris, too.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Theron doesn't look military to me, which is where Strahovski would really work. The first thing that comes to mind with me and hearing Charlize Theron is that she was in these Dior commercials (dioooooorrree), not that she might have actually punched someone before. I think the reason RDJ worked so well as Tony was because on some level what was perceived of him and what really happened in the real word carried over, and it probably fed the role more than just x playing the part of y. It's like John Krasinski being in the final running for Captain America, he's too typecast as slacker Jim to pull off Steve Rogers.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    This isn't a military look?

jUiRx.jpg

This discussion has been closed.