As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

E3 Keynotes 2011 - Talking shop for shoppers at ship - Nintendo June 7 @ 9am PST

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fucking Sony holding their keynote at 2AM in my timezone. Bleedin' inconsiderate. Ought to be a law.

I've heard two hours actual keynote and three hours demoing. At least that is assumed, because seriously!

Absalon on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    How long is Sony's keynote going to take anyway? Five hours?

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    By the way, Apple is running their WWDC keynote at the same time as MS's keynote.

So not only will we be in E3 mode, the Tech subforum will be in Apple Keynote mode. It's raining keynotes

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    By the way, Apple is running their WWDC keynote at the same time as MS's keynote.

So not only will we be in E3 mode, the Tech subforum will be in Apple Keynote mode. It's raining keynotes

The forum is going to be fucked.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Dead Rising was all him. He was ambitious enough to make a movie out of it too. Not a great one, but he did it.

And I give him credit for Mega Man. Few things in the world are the sole creation of one individual, and for almost every single thing you can find someone who doesn't like the person saying they're a hack for stealing someone else's ideas. The truth is usually a collaboration, and Inufane's done enough other stuff to show me he more than likely had a hand in a lot of great franchises.

You can't have it both ways. You say he approved the awful DmC, which even if he did clearly was when he was on his way out and stopped caring, but if that's the case he also approved and saw the talent in a bunch of other great things Capcom put out.

And to veer this back on topic - my big prediction is that SOMEONE will show off something for Kinect that will make EVERYONE here go "oh wow...that is incredible."

Dead Rising was directed by Yoshinori Kawano (who also directed most of the Mega Man games over the last 10+ years, including both Legends games). Akira Kitamura designed Mega Man (Inafune has admitted as much, though that doesn't stop him using the 'Mega Man Creator' tagline all the time). Ninja Theory said that they'd been working on DmC for a year when they announced it (not that giving up is an excuse). And if we're going to judge Inafune's influence on the company, we should probably look at all the games that came out of Capcom once Mikami was shipped off to Clover (obviously excluding Clover games). I think you'll find that there were a lot more DmC's, Bionic Commando's and Lost Planet's than there are MvC3's.

Pureauthor: They left, they didn't get kicked out the door. And Clover was basically the corner of Capcom, where they were left to their own devices but with far smaller budgets than other Capcom games got. Mikami was basically pushed over there by Inafune in a power grab (taking advantage of the higher ups dislike of the Gamecube to get the RE4 PS2 port).

Agreed about Mega Man though.

Chen: Hour and a half. It starts at 12pm for me, so I'm happy. I'll wake up at 9.30am for Ubisoft's, catch the highlights from EA and Microsoft's, then watch Sony's.

Oh and the other 3 and a half hours are for demoing, food and a concert.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »

The server is going to be too busy.

:(

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Didn't there used to be an E3 subforum for aggregating information? They must've just decided it didn't get enough posts to be worth the hassle.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Chen: Hour and a half. It starts at 12pm for me, so I'm happy. I'll wake up at 9.30am for Ubisoft's, catch the highlights from EA and Microsoft's, then watch Sony's.

So... essentially five hours. I pulled that number out of my ass, but holy shit, Sony. Well done.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Chen wrote: »

So... essentially five hours. I pulled that number out of my ass, but holy shit, Sony. Well done.

Well, we'll only see the conference part. The rest we'll just hear impressions of. I'm sure there'll be a lot of drunken podcasts afterwards.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Didn't there used to be an E3 subforum for aggregating information? They must've just decided it didn't get enough posts to be worth the hassle.

I remember that as well, but it's at least two years since we last had it.

Peewi on
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't think the server can handle the E3 thread, much less an E3 forum.

Zenitram on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm so happy I ended up with the day off. I get ridiculously excited about E3 every year.

[EDIT] Looks like the Microsoft conference is going to be streamed by Microsoft at Xbox.com/E3

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dead Rising was all him. He was ambitious enough to make a movie out of it too. Not a great one, but he did it.

And I give him credit for Mega Man. Few things in the world are the sole creation of one individual, and for almost every single thing you can find someone who doesn't like the person saying they're a hack for stealing someone else's ideas. The truth is usually a collaboration, and Inufane's done enough other stuff to show me he more than likely had a hand in a lot of great franchises.

You can't have it both ways. You say he approved the awful DmC, which even if he did clearly was when he was on his way out and stopped caring, but if that's the case he also approved and saw the talent in a bunch of other great things Capcom put out.

And to veer this back on topic - my big prediction is that SOMEONE will show off something for Kinect that will make EVERYONE here go "oh wow...that is incredible."

Dead Rising was directed by Yoshinori Kawano (who also directed most of the Mega Man games over the last 10+ years, including both Legends games). Akira Kitamura designed Mega Man (Inafune has admitted as much, though that doesn't stop him using the 'Mega Man Creator' tagline all the time). Ninja Theory said that they'd been working on DmC for a year when they announced it (not that giving up is an excuse). And if we're going to judge Inafune's influence on the company, we should probably look at all the games that came out of Capcom once Mikami was shipped off to Clover (obviously excluding Clover games). I think you'll find that there were a lot more DmC's, Bionic Commando's and Lost Planet's than there are MvC3's.

I'd just like to say, in Inafune's defense, that he made Zero. Who I always liked as a character, and the MMZ games were fantastic returns to Nintendo Hard form. Even if the original hasn't aged too well. Onimusha was also a really cool game when it came out.

Anywho...

Wish I was more excited about E3. I just dont think there is much I am looking forward to, except info on the Nintendo console and the NGP.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Somewhat surprised Child of Eden isn't already doing that.

Child of Eden, while it does look amazing, still boils down to "look Im using my hands!", which isnt really all that breathtaking from the perspective of just looking at it (and not factoring in how technologically insane that is).

Milo, as stupid as it was, was honestly still the greatest thing Ive ever seen Kinect do. Talk of scripted conversation aside, Ive read plenty of first hand accounts from people who had no prior interaction with Milo talking about how he would talk about the color of thier clothes, and would respond to things with a weirdly accurate amount of knowledge of what was going on in the real world.

THAT is the type of thing that blows my mind. I expect this E3 to see something that I havent even thought of yet. Thats why they're the developers and I'm not!

And Im really thinking one of these "made better with Kinect" titles will be the one to pull it off.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Maybe it'll be Mass Effect 3? :) I'm still hoping they'll show off Steel Battalion. That completely grabbed my interest. The funny and sad thing for me is that I am now looking forward to the MS streaming TV announcement more than anything else, including Cafe. I want to drop Comcast like a bad fucking habit. If I can get all my TV needs through my Xbox, I will be in heaven.

Of course, this all depends on if I can get HBO. My wife will never let me drop cable if we lose True Blood. And I wouldn't want to abandon Game of Thrones.

Fawst on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Don't care bout no kinect games

Kinect hacks are where it's at

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    can i suggest an PA Xbox Live Group that watches the keynote together? Or is that just too weird, I'm all for getting drunk and screaming at each other...

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    G4 isn't starting coverage until 2pm CST, which is a half hour before the second keynote of the day. I hope my net can handle the MS stuff.

Also my satellite TV seems to be able to handle G4 so far, unlike last year. I am excite.

Henroid on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    can i suggest an PA Xbox Live Group that watches the keynote together? Or is that just too weird, I'm all for getting drunk and screaming at each other...

You're only going to be able to get 8 people into a single party.. unless you all pile into a Reach lobby or something

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    SpikeTV is broadcasting it live. I like this LIVE party idea though.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Count me in for the xbox live party, but i can't do it for MS. Stuck at work. How about Sony? As long as its streaming online, that is

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Of all the keynotes I really want to see, I'll only be able to watch the first half hour of the Nintendo one live :(

...and maybe the Ubisoft one. The last two have been painful, but it's worth the discomfort if it means there is a chance I'll get BG&E2 info firsthand.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Welp, HAlo 4 and Halo: CE remake

http://imgur.com/itjlO

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    JOIN THE IRC Y'ALL!

smalldy.jpg

urahonky on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am so happy right now :D

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    :^:

urahonky on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm streaming the IRC for those behind firewalls on my site www.agoaj.com/IRC.html
    You will be F5'd

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    urahonky wrote: »
    JOIN THE IRC Y'ALL!

smalldy.jpg

You should have included Agoaj joining.

Peewi on
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Might I ask what the IRC address is?

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hoodie13 wrote: »

FUCK YEAH!

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Check my sig. :P

Edit - Roe, that is.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Roe wrote: »
    Might I ask what the IRC address is?

It's in the first post.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hoodie13 wrote: »

Whoops!

E3 springs a leak... surprise!

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Peewi wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    JOIN THE IRC Y'ALL!

smalldy.jpg

You should have included Agoaj joining.

Haha yeah I should have :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Crap, Im stuck at Uni for the next 3 hour. Im gonna miss the Microsoft-keynote aren't I?

The Mantiz on
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Unfortunately yes Mantiz.

urahonky on
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh well. Its probably gonna be all about Halo 4, Gears 3, Forza whatever and whatnot :/
    Im not bitter at all

The Mantiz on
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Does Mibbit always take forever to load? It's been showing the loading screen for a few minutes now. And while the messages are funny, I'd like to actually join the IRC now..

edit: Nvm, reloaded page and it went right in.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If they call it H4LO I will cut a bitch.

Better go prep something sharp.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    What's a good web based IRC? Do you have to sign up for Mibbit?

Sheep on