Options

Glossolalia Presents: [SlateGray] Engles is Burning [Resonance] Requisite Bar Fight

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    [ Thaddeus Boom ]
    [Swordmaster] [Indefatigable] [Cannoneer] [Egotistical] [Stubborn] [Secretive]

"Hrn. Perhaps 'Navigator' is too professional a title. I do suspect him of padding his resume."

Boom casts his gaze about. "Upper half of a human female, lower half like that of a r-fish. Filthy and bedraggled. Poor with words, although not necessarily stupid, simply incapable of expressing thoughts properly. It seems to be able to manipulate and enthrall weak-minded individuals with its song."

He raises an eyebrow.

"At least, that's the conclusion I've reached. I remain completely unaffected, while your cook is smitten."

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Speaking of singing...

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    [Jessie Crais]

It's been a long while since Jessie has gotten anything that could be described as a good night's sleep. Nursing her wounds from a hijacking, chasing a vanishing lead, worrying over a recovering Garret, trying to plan for every emergency on their way North. These things kept her awake long into the evening.

Finally it felt like she could just close her eyes and rest.

But first...

"Howell, I want you to go with Jaralla and tell the captain that he'll listen to her if he wants his first mate to be useful again."

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Jaralla grins.

...Jessie may have spoke too soon about the good night's sleep thing. The stomach cramps fire right back up as soon as the song ends.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    [Jessie Crais]

Goddammit!

"And try to be quick."

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    [Lupe Cobar]
    [Navigator] [Marksman] [Tamer] [Wanderlust] [Radical] [Persecution Complex]

Lupe walks out of the kitchen and into the...commotion outside the kitchen. Black feathers move slightly as he takes the drinking hat from his head.

Back to work I guess

"Sir, I'm the navigator. The name is Lupe."

"To be fair, I hardly remember drinking with you either. Brought this thing out for some reason though", he says, turning the silly black headdress over in his hand.

"Also, I couldn't help but hear your ramblings earlier, and I have to say, I agree completely with your decision to do something about the... the thing. Whatever it is. Did you know it can talk?"

"Anyway, I'm sure I could guide us out of these forsaken rains and somewhere dry just as well, if not better than the...thing. Jaralla, or whatever it keeps calling itself."

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    okay so I totally forgot that Howell was not a PC there or I would have made that longer.

"What? What are you talking about?" Howell looks from Jaralla to Jessie and back again, before throwing his hands up.

"Fuck it, magic bullshit, outside of my jurisdiction." He throws the door open and addresses the room.

"Mange-Ass over here apparently sang a song and knows how to cure our first mate."

Jaralla either ignores or doesn't understand the insult. "It's too dangerous to go out at night but all she needs are a few herbs and flowers."

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    [Lupe Cobar]

"Fantastic"

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    [ Thaddeus Boom ]

"That's nice. Does it know a song to bring back the time of ours it wasted?"

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Jaralla scowls. "Your friend was sick and your doctor couldn't help! She would die if I wasn't here."

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    [Lupe Cobar]

"It's nice to hear you admit that a beastwoman completely outclasses you in healing the sick, though"

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    [ Thaddeus Boom ]

Boom folds his arms across his chest.

"I would hardly call that man a doctor, but when I met him he was practicing something that might charitably be considered a corrupted form of a healing science. When I met you you were naked and filthy in the middle of the marsh. And you still are."

Boom frowns.

"As difficult as it is to say, I would trust him as a doctor more than you."

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    The doctor holds up his hands and sticks out his lower lip. "I already called magic bullshit. You want a splint put on a broken bone you come talk to me. I'm not dealing with this kind of nonsense."

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Dichotomy wrote:
    [ Thaddeus Boom ]

"I would hardly call that man a doctor, but when I met him he was practicing something that might charitably be considered a corrupted form of a healing science. When I met you you were naked and filthy in the middle of the marsh. And you still are."

Boom frowns.

"We're dealing with a virus that no one in civilization knows the first thing about. The best course of treatment at this point would be to throw shit at a wall and see what sticks.

May as well throw Fish-Legs' shit."

• Options
    edited August 2011
    [Lupe Cobar]

Lupe scoffs at the man.

He then looks to Boom for approval in his scoff.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    speed I honestly have no idea who is saying what right now

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    [ Thaddeus Boom ]

"What does it recommend? More singing? Crystals? Perhaps runes and 'good feelings'?"

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    tone tommy jeez

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    well I mean sort of

speed could at least be a little more clear at least

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Dichotomy wrote:
    [ Thaddeus Boom ]

"What does it recommend? More singing? Crystals? Perhaps runes and 'good feelings'?"

Jaralla huffs. "No, I just said! 'Herbs and flowers.' I think you like listening to yourself so much that you don't listen to others!

I don't know the names people give them. You're smart. If you let me sing to you you could name them. But you won't so you'll have to follow me to them."

• Options
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    [Quorthon Crow-Eye]
    [Viking] [Clever] [Stalwart] [Spiteful] [Barbarous] [Grim]

"Yes, I'm sure you survived a night of drinking with me. Now stop staring at this creature and plot a course out of here."

• Options
    Dichotomy wrote:
    [ Thaddeus Boom ]

Boom frowns.

Howell shakes his head. "We're dealing with a virus that no one in civilization knows the first thing about. The best course of treatment at this point would be to throw shit at a wall and see what sticks.

May as well throw Fish-Legs' shit."

• Options
    there tommy I added identifiers to every post just for you

oh whoops I hit quote instead of edit on that last one

oh well

• Options
    [ Thaddeus Boom ]

"Hrn."

Boom steps forwards. "Herbs and flowers. How convenient that you have divined the cause of the illness, and know exactly how to cure it."

He gives the mermaid an appraising look. "Very well. You'll get your chance. Tomorrow we shall mount an expedition for your herbs and flowers. But know this."
    He jabs an accusing finger in the mutant's direction.
    "I will test if anything you were to administer to Ms. Crais is toxic. If it is, I assure you, your death will be dramatically less pleasant than the least pleasant death you have ever cared to imagine."

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Schlauer storms up from the hold.

"Goddammit some people are tryin' to sleep around here! Can't you people shut the hell up and scream at each other in the mornin'?!"

Hokk and Donner are poking their heads up from the same stairwell Schlauer emerged from.

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    (Marius) 0 2 0
    [Carnithrope][Crazy][?] [Violently Ill]
    [i: ???]

Marius grins as the soldier stands back up. The grin shatters into an ugly scowl in an instant as he thinks of all the food this thing is keeping him from searching for. Meat. That he could be eating.

Then he grins again, "I wonder how you see without eyes!" He screams, running towards the windows, grabbing the desk chair quickly and hurling it through the glass screaming: "You can't touch me!" then ducking away into the corner from the expected storm of the weapon.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    whelp, I'm going to bed

you nerds have fun pretending to be rat people

• Options
    just because I'm filthy, beady-eyed, and enjoy damp and dark environments does not mean I am pretending to be a rat people

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Not rat people Teeth people.
    dich.jpg

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Awww, look at him.

Who's a good toothman?

Who's a good toothman?

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Who needs a treat toothman?

Is it you?

Is it you?

Here's a baby tooth, just for you!

• Options
    that's basically me except I'm much larger and hairy everywhere

oh and my teeth are in worse condition

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    teeth specifically designed for chewing on other teeth

metamolars

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    [Lupe Cobar]

"Yeah sure, I'll get right on th-"

Lupe looks over at his fellow crewmates. He shoots them a look

"Yeah, and some people are trying to plot a way out of a dangerous jungle full of unknown beasts and halfbeastwomen. So I would just go back to bed if I were you."

He gives them what his ancestors might have referred to as 'The Great Bird'.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    I want a pet toothman.

Get him a little glass enclosure, with wood chips on the floor.

Little hut for him to sleep in.

Little hamster wheel for him to run around in on his floppy legs.

• Options
    Teethmen are cute and fun pets, till you wake up in the middle of the night and there's tiny little fingers in your mouth, teasing out your incisor.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Just spray 'em with the water bottle and make sure you keep his nails clipped.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    shouldn't you spray them with mouthwash

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
This discussion has been closed.