Options

Glossolalia Presents: [SlateGray] Engles is Burning [Resonance] Requisite Bar Fight

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    booooo

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    yeah I agree dichotomy

also that god this page is free of teethpeople

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    you ain't scared of the little guy, are you tommy

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    I can't stop picturing it in everyday situations, and it's just too adorable.

Just picture it, all getting water from the bottle on the side of its cage. All trying to attack a computer mouse or chase a laser-pointer.

• Options
    n-no

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    hmm

we're gonna have to get this attus fellow some kind of seven-barreled gun

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    so I'm apartment hunting for a place to stay for the school term

this guy's craigslist ad said he was a college professor

I got to the house and he said he was a photographer. Other than the room he wanted to rent me the place was a total sty. His basement had a bunch of photography equipment and the walls were plastered with sexy dudes and ladies

how high are the odds that I am trying to rent a room from a sex predator

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    like the line of thought was

wow huh this place is not very clean at all
    well that hurricane just blew through and he says he's getting ready for a big yard sale
    dooooesn't really explain the flies though
    wait he's a photographer? I thought he was a professor
    Haha oh man look at these photos this dude likes him all kindsa dick
    wow this is a very grimy basement with a bunch of photo equipment, I guess that makes sense if he's a photogropher
    Well that was weird but he seems like a nice guy
    ...Hey wait a minute

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Sometimes weird people are harmless.

Sometimes.

• Options
    the main thing that throws me is the lying about his job

• Options
    maybe he's a professor of photography

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    the main thing that throws me is the lying about his job

Maybe he used to be a professor, but then they discovered the pictures.

• Options
    maybe ask him?

I mean, I'm pretty sure if you ask he is legally obligated to tell you if he is a sex offender or something

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    or he could just rape and murder you and then use your skeleton to teach a college class about biology

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    maybe ask him?

I mean, I'm pretty sure if you ask he is legally obligated to tell you if he is a sex offender or something

Only if he's been caught.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Hey DE?AD or anyone else that knows how to do more than the most basic things in photoshop

if you ever wanna kill some time and make me happy it would be awesome if you could take this:

lockjaw001.jpg

and make it into a pirate flag to go along with this and this:

derelictflag2.png
    1zx9poo.png

I would appreciate that if it happened!

• Options
    I might be able to do that.

Derelict's tonight, yeah?

• Options
  • Options
    What time again? (Also what program, channel, etc.?)

• Options
    8:30 your time

Anything that's compatible with AIM is fine

unless that was a reference to Batman

in which case pretend I made a clever Batman reference in response

• Options
  • Options
    wow, you, neo, stilts, tommy, dich, shock and "mebbe" dubh!

this is gonna be the biggest live session ever assuming all of those people actually show up!

• Options
    I don't think we have enough chairs for everyone

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    The Awesome Posts subforum has turned into a blighted hole. The rating system apparently kept the evil at bay.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    I regret that Eustace isn't around anymore, because I never got to do the sidequest where he goes in search of Hyong Fa Grand Masters, joins the ancient Lu-Yang Clan, and apprentices under Old Dirty Master.

• Options
    "turned into" a blighted hole?

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Hey, there was some semblance of order, before. Now the American dream has turned into Liberia.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    hey liberia has it rough enough without people on the internet comparing it to the awesome posts forum

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Liberia only has the second worst slum in the world, now, thanks to Awesome Posts

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    (Penelope) 3 3 4 1
    [Barbarian][Fearless][?]

[i: Ji, Incriminating Letter x 3, Tsunomi Super Throwing Blades, Tsunomi REflex Chain-Sickle]

The beeping snaps Penelope out of... just, like, being, ya know? She takes two of her throwing blades in hand, and (with an ululating screech) charges the suit-man, attempting to stick the two pygmy knives somewhere painful.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote:
    The Awesome Posts subforum has turned into a blighted hole. The rating system apparently kept the evil at bay.

Yeah, I miss the rating system.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Shock, Those Poor Bastards is a band I like now. And it is all your fault.

all my dreams are coming true

• Options
    Derelict Session Summary

We played for like six fucking hours!

Jaralla came to visit Jessie in bed, offering to sing her a lullaby to make it easier to sleep through her disease. More trusting of her after the mermaid's last song, Jessie agrees. The song soothes and relaxes her and puts her into a deep sleep.

Hours later, Jaralla begins to speak to Jessie in her dreams. She says that while probing her mind with the lullaby, she's noticed that Jessie has a great deal of emotional pain. Jessie agrees that this is the case, and Jaralla offers to free her of it. Jessie refuses and the two begin arguing and I guess it turned out kind of like something from Deep Space Nine? I dunno I don't watch Star Track.

Meanwhile, Lupe is up on the deck trying to prove that he can plot a course better than the magic ratbitch. He hears some antlions moving nearby, and gets some kind of wacky idea to shoot a gun near them and see which way they run afterward and that will help somehow? All it does is wake up half the crew who come out to see what the hell's going on, and also makes the antlions angry. However they're quickly dispatched by some other predator in the woods. It launches onto the deck and begins attacking the crew. It's a crocodile head with 8 large, long tentacles sprouting out of it. It... is a croctopus. And that name is incredible no matter how many people say otherwise.

The crew manages to kill the croctopus, but not without getting absolutely coated in its acidic venom. Not a fun night.

Meanwhile, Jessie becomes angry with Jaralla and demands that she stop pressing the issue and that she won't let her mess with her head. Jaralla also becomes angry, and does what everyone has known she was gonna do from square one: brainwashes Jessie. Boom hears her singing in Jessie's room in the aftermath of the croctopus battle, and bursts in and decks the mermaid good, but it's too late, the damage has been done. Jessie has been freed of all of the sources of worry, grief, and difficulty in her life. Nothing's left but contentment and a fondness for Jaralla. The crew have yet another fight about what to do with the mermaid, and most agree that once she's helped them cure Jessie she needs to be sent packing.

The following morning, the crew meets for breakfast. Hokk reveals that he was sleeping just below Jessie's room and heard the lullaby, and shows signs of being infatuated like Mal. After some bickering and confusion over who exactly is the captain, a group sets out to find the herbs necessary to make Jessie's medicine, while Quorthon, Dr. Howell, and some others stay behind to watch the ship. In spite of her best efforts and the support of Hokk, Mal, and Jessie, Jaralla is forbidden to sing to make the search easier.

The group travels around the swamp searching for herbs, while Boom grills Jaralla about what she's capable of and what she's done. Meanwhile Quorthon keeps Jessie company, and his first mate is quick to brush off his concerns that Jaralla's done something sinister to her. The search party eventually comes across the final ingredient for the medication, but it's guarded by a toadstool, which is a toad with... a toadstool growing out of its back. In spite of Jaralla's concern over how dangerous it is, the crew rushes in. Boom is eaten by it while Attus kicks the shit out of it, and Boom ultimately bursts out of its head, killing it. It turns out, however, that the creature's fluids are highly hallucinogenic, and Boom trips some serious balls before passing out.

• Options
    As the sun begins to set, the search party returns to The Krakken's Fist.

"We're back!" Hokk shouts. Boom, half-conscious and slung over Attus' shoulder, is babbling incoherently as Jaralla fawns over him with concern.

• Options
    considering we had more players and went for longer than we ever have before, are Tuesday nights what we should make the official Derelict live night?

• Options
    They'll work pretty well for me until the end of September.

• Options
    [ Thaddeus Boom ]
    [Swordmaster] [Indefatigable] [Cannoneer] [Egotistical] [Stubborn] [Secretive]

"Sprung fully formed from the brow of the frog king..." Boom mumbles. His voice is all weird, possessing emotion and an almost lyrical cadence.
    He is still soaked with toadstool spittle, blood, brain matter and ichor. It cannot be remotely pleasant for Attus.
    "Away!" he shouts at the mermaid, trying to bat her off with a free hand. His copper cog ring catches the sunset, and he quiets, seemingly captivated by it.

"Cursed be iron," he whispers. "Cursed be iron, cursed be iron..."

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    I don't think I like the character I made for your game, Speed

need to tweak things around a little

I'll harassafarass you on aim, sometime

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited August 2011
    sounds good

Jaralla gives Boom a little space. As they move further into the deck, she comes into Jessie's line of sight, (73) and if the first mate had the strength in her legs she'd have leapt out of bed and run over to embrace her.

In spite of how much she likes Jaralla, she's almost angry with her. Why'd she have to go off and leave her for so long? Jessie knows that Jaralla was out getting her medicine but, even so.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    I can do tuesdays, but never again as late/early as I did last night

0BnD8l3.gif
This discussion has been closed.