As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW][CHAT] Patch 4.3 updated on PTR. Did your class get nerfed? InQQuire inside.

• Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Ooooh, 3 talent points for a 6% crit chance from an attack you only use during execute and hardly ever during wings!

Yeah, that'll be a respec.

Samphis on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Samphis wrote:
    Ooooh, 3 talent points for a 6% crit chance from an attack you only use during execute and hardly ever during wings!

Yeah, that'll be a respec.

It also reduces the cooldown on wings, so, I kinda think you'd still want it.

That and there'd be no other real damaging talent points left (feel free to fill out Guardian's Favor or Selfless Healer instead).

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3615104/43_Valor_Changes-10_4_2011
    Changes coming in 4.3:

Looking for Dungeon -- 150 VP per run, with a cap of seven runs per week. All Cataclysm heroic dungeons introduced in 4.0, 4.1, and 4.3, will provide 150 Valor per run.

Looking for Raid -- 250 VP per run, with a cap of 500 per week. The 4.3 raid, Dragon Soul, will be split into two separate raids for the Raid Finder. While individual bosses do not drop Valor when using the Raid Finder, you will receive 250 Valor for completing each Dragon Soul raid. Each boss will only drop loot for you once per week, but you will continue to get the 250 Valor for completing each Raid Finder raid, up to the 500 cap.

10 player raid boss -- 115 VP. There are nine bosses per week, counting Baradin Hold.

25 player raid boss -- 135 VP. There are nine bosses per week, counting Baradin Hold.

Valor Points cap at 1000 per week.

As you acquire Valor you'll want to spend it, and vendors will be offering a wide range of items to equip you to take on the Dragon Soul raid encounters, including cloaks, rings, ranged weapons, necklaces, trinkets, chest pieces, helms, gloves, bracers, boots, and belts, all of which are ilvl 397.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Wow, helms. Do tier pants still drop from BH? I have only done it once back right after cata launch. For some reason I was thinking the pvp bosses only drop gloves but I can't recall right.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Javen wrote:
    If you take a small group in, you can still decimate towns. You just can't walk in and own the place anymore if you're by yourself, which I always thought you shouldn't be able to do anyway.

Ah right, some people went and blew towns up just to kill the NPCs, too. And vanished when the opposing faction showed up. That was a thing people did.

• Options
    Zul'Gurub
    Players now only have to kill two of the four initial dungeon bosses (High Priest Venoxis, Broodlord Mandokir, High Priestess Kilnara, and Zanzil) to face Jin'do the Godbreaker.

Zul'Aman
    Players now only have to kill two of the four Troll avatars before they may face Hex Lord Malacrass.

• Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    Those za/zg things make me happy.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    It'd make me happier if it required two random ones each run.

Because what is going to happen now is that everyone will kill Kilarna and Mandokir and if you need anything else too fucking bad I guess.

At least it's only 353 gear and that's already pretty much outdated.

EDIT: And what is that going to do for the speed run in ZA?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I imagine that it will still require all 4 animal bosses to be killed, since the bear is won out of the fourth freed prisoner's cache. Although I think that will rarely happen in LFD once this change goes through. Not a big deal though, since it will be really trivial to do for everyone by the time everyone is geared up from the new heroics and VP stuff.

Emporium on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Basically it kills bear runs in PuGs is the answer to what he asked. Because no one will ever kill more than two of the animal bosses now.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I'm in love with most of these announced changes. The LFR sounds like it will be right up my alley with all my max level alts.

I do question the quality of life changes to ZA/ZG now that they are becoming part of the heroic rotation. 6 bosses & 5 bosses doesn't exactly seem like much compared to all the other instances available. I guess its being done to keep people from dropping the longer instances.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    The Zulroic change is probably needed to make them fit into the regular heroic queue. But I strongly dislike skipable bosses. It was true in Halls of Stone, got continued in Throne of Tides and Halls of Origination and will be true in ZG/ZA: Random groups will bitch endlessly because some people want loot/rep/JP and others only want VP.

/edit: I'm leveling a tank warrior. At 82 I queued (with my wife healing) into a Throne of Tides where apparently the tank and healer had dropped before the first boss. The reason was obvious after the first pull: There was a level 85 hunter who pulled groups and never used Misdirection. Also an Arcane mage who was always "gogogo". (Not from the same server, so maybe RealID friends or something). We downed the first two bosses. The rogue died on the second boss, because he stood in the Fissure and dropped group. When we came back to the lower level, the hunter and mage went towards Ozumat, while the new DK dd, my wife and I went towards Erunak. In the end, we pulled both bosses at the same time, which got weird because we also got the ink spray at Erunak, but then also the buff that makes you huge. Both bosses died, the mage died, sadly the hunter lived.

Grobian on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I don't think the LFr is going to be fun because I think it's going to require a gear score of 370 or so which is why I said only 10% of people can do it because I think they expect people to get into Firelands now and clear it with ease when a lot of guilds were still stuck in

As with skipping bosses I don't care half the time because I am following the tank but then when I did bother with tanking I would do them for the Tokens and ask before if anyone wanted to do it before I skipped it

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote:
    I don't think the LFr is going to be fun because I think it's going to require a gear score of 370 or so which is why I said only 10% of people can do it because I think they expect people to get into Firelands now and clear it with ease when a lot of guilds were still stuck in

Or, you know, when 4.3 actually comes out there will be:
    A) ilvl 378 gear & T12 purchasable with JP
    B) ilvl 378 gear from the new 5-mans
    C) ilvl 397 gear purchasable with Valor

Really, an ilvl of 370 isn't/won't be hard to obtain. At all. Also, Firelands is easily accessable. My guild did Firelands for the first time last night and one-shot Shannox. And my guild is pretty casual; they only started raiding after T11 had been nerfed. It's kind of a weird thing, I had been doing T11 normals while it was current content, but guild I was in fell apart and a friend of mine suggested I join his. So I did, and we'd been doing T11 post-nerf while Firelands was current content.

But regardless. Yes, they expect people to get into Firelands and clear it with ease... because it's hilariously easy. The people in my guild aren't the best raiders, and we're doing fine so far. It's definitely puggable.

Really I kind of wish people would stop condemning LFR before the damn thing is even out. Seriously, just wait for 4.3 to hit, and then try it. And then you can say if it's crap or not. I myself will definitely be trying it; although I'll probably be waiting a few weeks or so, just so people have a vague idea of how to do the fights, I guess.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    got heroic shannox down last night, the warrior finally moved to tank riplimb and left me and the druid on shannox -- they still wouldn't let us move the boss though

the warrior tank didn't say a word in tank chat last night

• Options
    Our warrior tank had to leave last night after H Shannox and a couple of H Rhyolith attempts, so I had to step up and tank H Rhyolith, H Beth'ilac, Alysrazor, and Baleroc. Still no tank loot for me (Baleroc failed to drop his shield, H Rhyolith didn't drop boots, and while 2 pieces dropped off H Beth'ilac, both went to the main spec tank).

Did finally get my 2pT12 prot set though.

• Options
    @ToddJewell They fixed avatars, you'll have to reupload though.

Finally got my 2pt12 on my shaman. I really miss 4pt11 already.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote:
    Brainleech wrote:

Or, you know, when 4.3 actually comes out there will be:
    A) ilvl 378 gear & T12 purchasable with JP
    B) ilvl 378 gear from the new 5-mans
    C) ilvl 397 gear purchasable with Valor

Really, an ilvl of 370 isn't/won't be hard to obtain. At all. Also, Firelands is easily accessable. My guild did Firelands for the first time last night and one-shot Shannox. And my guild is pretty casual; they only started raiding after T11 had been nerfed. It's kind of a weird thing, I had been doing T11 normals while it was current content, but guild I was in fell apart and a friend of mine suggested I join his. So I did, and we'd been doing T11 post-nerf while Firelands was current content.

But regardless. Yes, they expect people to get into Firelands and clear it with ease... because it's hilariously easy. The people in my guild aren't the best raiders, and we're doing fine so far. It's definitely puggable.

Really I kind of wish people would stop condemning LFR before the damn thing is even out. Seriously, just wait for 4.3 to hit, and then try it. And then you can say if it's crap or not. I myself will definitely be trying it; although I'll probably be waiting a few weeks or so, just so people have a vague idea of how to do the fights, I guess.

Windrunner's horde is a shade of what it used to be
    I condem the LFR because it's only for Dragon soul consider the state Windrunner is in and I still can beg and get better results
    I don't think the Tier 12 is going to be able to be purchased with JP because they want people to raid which I really find crazy since they did not add a weekly/daily random for extra points in cata. That alone would have solved a lot of the problems. Guilds are insular since the guild achievment system came out and with the either or of 10/25. What I really don't like is they killed guilds there is tons of Huge guilds that you keep telling the Gm about someone being an ass and they say they will look into it only to come back and ask who?

In my opinion firelands is still not pug freindly because people still want crazy things like an item level of 367 and the achievements

I only tried to do BH back in Feburary failed because I was one of the two bottom dps left and never looked back so I really have not bothered with raiding this exp. I have done old raids obviously

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    We got heroic Rhyolith to 1%. /cry

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote:
    We got heroic Rhyolith to 1%. /cry

That's when bubble and Ice Block come in handy.

Not that I'd know anything about that >.>

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote:
    Windrunner's horde is a shade of what it used to be
    I condem the LFR because it's only for Dragon soul consider the state Windrunner is in and I still can beg and get better results
    I don't think the Tier 12 is going to be able to be purchased with JP because they want people to raid which I really find crazy since they did not add a weekly/daily random for extra points in cata. That alone would have solved a lot of the problems. Guilds are insular since the guild achievment system came out and with the either or of 10/25. What I really don't like is they killed guilds there is tons of Huge guilds that you keep telling the Gm about someone being an ass and they say they will look into it only to come back and ask who?

In my opinion firelands is still not pug freindly because people still want crazy things like an item level of 367 and the achievements

I only tried to do BH back in Feburary failed because I was one of the two bottom dps left and never looked back so I really have not bothered with raiding this exp. I have done old raids obviously

It amazes me how long you've played this game, how many characters you have, and how much outside resources you are aware of and yet you are still this bad at the game.

Who gives a shit if Windrunner Horde is terrible? Guess what, even if they were as awesome as Illidan Horde you still would not be grouping with a majority of them in the LFR. It is cross-realm. You will be raiding with people from other servers. As was pointed out, if the requirement is 370 iLvL that will be low. There will be a rediculous amounts of 378 gear that will be easily purchased. You will be able to get a character in FULL 378 with 1-2 Pieces of 397 gear in one week. And that is from just hitting 85! Some people will be able to go from fresh 85 with an iLvL of 316 to LFR Dragon Soul in one weekend.

Firelands IS pug friendly, for people that aren't pants on head retarded. The DPS Requirement for Baleroc, the DPS race of Firelands, is something like 12k or 14k DPS now. Which some classes(hunters for example) are capable of in an iLvL of 333. Yea, I'ts definately PuG friendly.

You point out that you were one of two bottom DPS in a raid group back in febuary and you haven't raided since. So why fucking complain about raid content if you know you aren't going to do it? You do the same thing about people in Guilds. You complain about Guild content or people running Guild groups and ostracizing you, yet you refuse to join a real guild and stay in a "guild" of just you and your brother who hardly ever plays. You are ostracizing yourself! They killed guilds? No, they made "Guilds" like yours rediculous and pointless, as 1-2 people is not a fucking guild, it's a surname. You also post a lot about the shitty PuG/LFD groups you get into. The common denominator in those fail groups is you!

LFR will not be roses and candy all the time. There will be some very frustrating experiences from it. Just like the LFD produces some of the worst experiences in the game. But also like the LFD, you will have a high success rate, unless you are one of those people that are god awful at the game and always get kicked from groups. Then yes, it will suck for you, but the problem is not the LFR/LFD. The problem is you. Fix you!

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Just had my first really bad PUG since TBC. :(

Stupid Warlock deliberately wiping us in the rookery in UBRS, stupid whelps had us stuck in combat so we couldn't kick him.

Probably didn't help that it'd been so long since I tanked these places that I lead everyone to UBRS when we were supposed to do LBRS. 8->

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Halys down. Finally. Man the raider loss hit us hard this tier. I have been dpsin mainly which sucks but the other tank is tank Druid/healer so he gets to tank. Blah.

As for 4.3 I'm sure the wow population will find a way to mess up the queues. There is always one in a lfd imagine what a 25 mans LFR will pull.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Hell, I've managed to get to ~ilvl 360 without raiding.

It doesn't matter what the LFR requirement is, but the new 5-mans need to be more accessible.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Buddies wrote:
    You will be able to get a character in FULL 378 with 1-2 Pieces of 397 gear in one week.
    ?

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Changes coming in 4.3:

Looking for Dungeon -- 150 VP per run, with a cap of seven runs per week. All Cataclysm heroic dungeons introduced in 4.0, 4.1, and 4.3, will provide 150 Valor per run.
    So I guess we'll be back to WotLK style where every heroic is available in the same queue rather than split up like the Zul/4.0 dungeons.
    Looking for Raid -- 250 VP per run, with a cap of 500 per week. The 4.3 raid, Dragon Soul, will be split into two separate raids for the Raid Finder. While individual bosses do not drop Valor when using the Raid Finder, you will receive 250 Valor for completing each Dragon Soul raid. Each boss will only drop loot for you once per week, but you will continue to get the 250 Valor for completing each Raid Finder raid, up to the 500 cap.
    We'll have to see once the patch finally hits, but I'm envisioning LFR clears being 3+ hour painfests. If that ends up being the case, LFR will be a terrible way to get VP vs. just spamming heroics.
    10 player raid boss -- 115 VP. There are nine bosses per week, counting Baradin Hold.

25 player raid boss -- 135 VP. There are nine bosses per week, counting Baradin Hold.
    I still don't really get this "raid bosses are worth less than a heroic run" thing they're going with, but whatever.
    Valor Points cap at 1000 per week.

As you acquire Valor you'll want to spend it, and vendors will be offering a wide range of items to equip you to take on the Dragon Soul raid encounters, including cloaks, rings, ranged weapons, necklaces, trinkets, chest pieces, helms, gloves, bracers, boots, and belts, all of which are ilvl 397.
    It's nice that they seem to be adding about two more armor slots worth of gear to the VP vendor this time, but of course having every single tier piece slot left up to the whims of the RNG gods will be frustrating.

forty on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    As for guilds being told a member is being an ass and saying 'Who?', possibly you're just talking to bad guilds, not huge ones. And likely the badness is why they have members who will be asses. My guild, for Horde, is a huge one, we have over 300 members at this point I think. We run three (maybe four? Team Maple Leaf goes off and on) raid groups, and we have several members who run raids with other guilds raid groups.

I know that I don't have a personal relationship with every single person in the guild, but since they decided to bump me to officer in WotLK, I make a point to at least be passingly familiar with the names of my guild members. And when I, or one of the other officers gets a tell/whisper/mail about someone being an ass, no matter who it is, it's brought into officer chat. We discuss it among ourselves, talk to whoever it is who sent us the complaint, we talk to any witnesses they can provide who can verify the complaint, and we talk to the guild member to get their side of things. Sometimes it results in nothing happening as we determine the complaint is baseless, sometimes it results in a good firm talking to of the guild member, and some rare cases it results in someone getting tossed out for breaking the 'Don't be a dick' rule.

So don't be all 'It's Blizzards fault!' It's not. Its up to each guild to take care of their own, no matter how large or small. You can have huge guilds like mine that value a good reputation and work to maintain it, and you can have tiny guilds that can't be arsed and will lol when their guildmate loot ninjas a legendary and makes a bunch of people scream and put in GM tickets.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Or you can have guilds that encourage being a dick, or build a reputation on making you a better dick.

Just a hypothetical situation, I don't actually know any guilds like that. I would certainly never be a member of one.

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    forty wrote:
    Buddies wrote:
    You will be able to get a character in FULL 378 with 1-2 Pieces of 397 gear in one week.
    ?

As was pointed out, new 5-mans drop 378 iLvL. Current valor gear (378 iLvL) gets moved to Justice points, which you can get from launch heroics. Valor gear will be 397 and relics/wands/range will be in the 700 VP area(cap is 1000 a week), and you have the opportunity to do the puggable TB Boss for the (low low) chance of an extra 397 piece.

Yes, you will be able to get a character in full 378 gear in one week after 4.3 launches.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    If I had to hazard a guess, the reason that raid bosses are worth less is due to the cap so players don't feel as "cheated" when they clear half the instance and are already VP capped.

EDIT: I do find it funny that shoulders aren't listed. I wonder if we're going to see people killing Deathwing wearing 353 shoulders.

Nobody on
  • Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    doing rhyolith heroic tonight [hopefully... the only two things we killed last night were regular alys to free up room to down heroic shannox -- so not sure if we will start right into the other bosses or what] -- any suggestions that I can offer up which will get ignored for the first 5 wipes? =)

last night on shannox I suggested they move the ranged together away from the prisoned rapeface ... after 5-6 pulls they decided to go with my suggestion

• Options
    ToddJewell wrote:
    doing rhyolith heroic tonight [hopefully... the only two things we killed last night were regular alys to free up room to down heroic shannox -- so not sure if we will start right into the other bosses or what] -- any suggestions that I can offer up which will get ignored for the first 5 wipes? =)

last night on shannox I suggested they move the ranged together away from the prisoned rapeface ... after 5-6 pulls they decided to go with my suggestion

Paladins should be sporting Glyph of Holy Wrath, since it'll stun the oozes.

What we are doing is assigning people to legs (like 5 per on 25). Keep him going straight whenever possible by having them keep up the DPS. People should be saving cooldowns for when a hard turn is called. When a left turn is called, people on the right leg should be switching over, etc. When straightening out, the people assigned to hitting the previously turning leg should just cool their jets, and either help with the adds in the ranged pile or killing slimes until the bar is showing close to even again.

Your driver is going to make or break your attempt, so make sure whoever you use knows what he or she is doing.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    ToddJewell wrote:

HRyo is my least fav fight but here are suggestions:

Assignments! I dont know your raid makeup but if you have more than two melee? Assign legs! Ranged dps swapping to legs? Assign a leg! Ranged dps swapping to big add? Assign! Make sure everyone knows their assignment.

Adding the person assigned to turn to the Asssist helps too.

Use pushbacks on tiny adds. Have melee "cleave" when possible.

Move him in straight lines as often as possible. Hit as little inactivated volcanoes as possible.

We use lust to push him into p2.

Use ALL Raidwide CDs in P2 an ordered manner. Plan ahead for this. If this means a kitty Druid needs to pop tranq have him do it.

Smite spam from talented disc priest helps in P2.

I think that's it. This is for 10m.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote:
    If I had to hazard a guess, the reason that raid bosses are worth less is due to the cap so players don't feel as "cheated" when they clear half the instance and are already VP capped.

EDIT: I do find it funny that shoulders aren't listed. I wonder if we're going to see people killing Deathwing wearing 353 shoulders.

Additionally, access to superior gear. And while shoulders aren't available from VP, 378 shoulders were added to (presumably) the new 5 man loot tables according to mmo-champion.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    My memories of old school world PVP are not so positive. There was a never-ending rolling battle that surged between Tarren Mill and Southshore that would lag the surrounding zones so badly that you couldn't level your new Undead alt, and needed to ship him off to The Barrens where the Crossroads battle was more intermittent. Very inconvenient it was.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote:
    My memories of old school world PVP are not so positive. There was a never-ending rolling battle that surged between Tarren Mill and Southshore that would lag the surrounding zones so badly that you couldn't level your new Undead alt, and needed to ship him off to The Barrens where the Crossroads battle was more intermittent. Very inconvenient it was.

And that is the reason why, upon Blizzard rolling out the complete overhaul of all the Azeroth zones, I looked upon the new Southshore with a smile and the thought of 'Game OVER, bitches.'

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    The image of the Fall of Southshore is a vivid one. Imagine the hardy, indomitable defenders of Southshore, toughened by years of grimly hanging onto their sliver of coast while under attack by Naga, Murlocs, and an army of Horde graveyard-humpers , as they looked up to the skies one cloudy day and watched a barrage of plague barrels rain down. Imagine their agony as they died under that strange green mist, their despair at having hung on for so long only to see their effort come to naught. Imagine, and save that image for when we call upon Lady Sylvanus for an accounting.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    Random question about an addon I can't figure out.

One of my addons colors recipes in vendors as green if it is learnable by that character, or alts, and red if everyone has learned it and/or no one can learn it.

However, it's always wrong. It says people who already know things can still learn it, and vice versa. And it drives me nuts. I want it off and/or gone.

Does anyone know off hand of an addon that does this? I don't want to resort to manually doing every addon if I don't have to but if no one knows I guess I will. Help me out!

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    forty wrote:
    Changes coming in 4.3:

So I guess we'll be back to WotLK style where every heroic is available in the same queue rather than split up like the Zul/4.0 dungeons.

From what I saw the new ones *were* split out. Just they awarded the same amount of valor. Which is fine IMO. You know what you're getting into when you queue, unlike in Wrath when you'd randomly get Pit of Saron or Halls of Reflection and it would be an hour-long painfest (I still say PoS is the absolute best abbreviation for that dungeon). Also may encourage undergeared people to not queue for the new ones as much (I remember in Wrath hearing someone on their alt in guild chat being really surprised they actually got HoR with the crap gear they had)

And yeah, no shoulder piece is kind of sucky. I've been playing my Druid alt a lot more lately and there is absolutely no shoulder pieces available for her for justice/valor. There is ONE that drops in troll heroics, and it never dropped. Finally I managed to get her t11 shoulders from a guild alt run, but she was in quest greens for a *really* long time. And it's not like Firelands is any better - there are barely any off-set shoulder drops and the tier shoulders drop off domo.

At least they are adding a helm though. My raiding Rogue was wearing a 353 helm for the *longest* time (like, until about a week ago when I brought him into our alt run and got Membrane of C'Thun) thanks to helms never dropping (or losing the roll on the tier token). T11 was the worst with only three AGL leather helms available - two from end bosses and one a very rare BoE.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The whole Tarren Mill/Southshore battle reminds me of that line from Dark Knight: "I'm a dog chasing a car, I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it." I remember seeing and hearing about hour long struggles until one side finally pushed into the town, only to leave after several minutes because there was nothing left to do.

FFXI had a pretty nice mechanic in place that I always thought would work well for WoW, even if Square didn't really use it for PvP purposes. Every contested area could be "conquered" by each faction, just based on activity in the zone. Whichever side won, took over some of the outposts in the zone for perks like merchants, or setting your home point. I always thought that would be a pretty cool thing to have in WoW, kinda like the old towers in eastern plaguelands where if you had control of them, you could use them as flight points or something like that.

This discussion has been closed.