As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game Over] Star Wars Battlefront II PC - Peacetime

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'll be playing tonight for sure.

• Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    Yeah the conversion pack is fantastic. The KotoR era units are just amazing.

itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    imma install the pack later tonight, hopefully people will still be playing

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I am absolutely gutted, my laptop finally decided to take a massive dump on me and I can't get anything to work! I can hear it creaking under the pressure of me writing this! Gonna have to postpone my forray in the Battlefront universe until I can replace it :(

Spooch on
    Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    Digital has a status page up so you can see at a glance if anyone is on the server and/or teamspeak:
    http://status.finalack.com/

Aside from a couple of crashes on bad maps (now removed from rotation) everything has been working great on the Conversion server.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hmm, that heroes/villians map is crashing for me on connect.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So fucking tempted to pick this game up

How awesome is it? I don't even mean the game itself, I mean the PA games specifically.

• Options
    Morkath wrote:

It seems to be working okay for all of us. Did you get the Conversion Pack installed? Both the 2.0 and the 2.2 patch?

• Options
    Maddoc wrote:

How awesome is it? I don't even mean the game itself, I mean the PA games specifically.

Do you like Star Wars? [ ] YES [ ] NO

Do you like playing with the fine peoples of the PA Community [ ] YES [ ] NO

Does our own dedicated server running a conversion mod with all kinds of crazy gametypes and maps sound good to you? [ ] YES [ ] NO

Seriously though, we are laughing it up non-stop in TS having a great, casual time with this. I don't see this getting anything but bigger and better.

• Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Much fun was had this evening. Epic battles of evil versus slightly less evil were waged across the galaxy. I learned that Princess Leia's special invulnerability makes her pretty useful against Darth Vader. And that Han Solo is a murderous juggernaut without jedi opposition.

EDIT: I just remembered another highlight. Rubycat had put himself behind a wall of mines to protect himself from jedi. So I force pulled him thrity feet and sliced him a new one. :)

Blain on
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote:

I've played a bunch of SWBF2, and playing with PA is the most fun I have ever had with it. It's just a very laid back, fun, and positive vibe; lots of laughs and none of that raging uber competitive nonsense. Every night we have had people playing even without scheduled events, so I definitely think it's going to be around for a while.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Blain wrote:
    Much fun was had this evening. Epic battles of evil versus slightly less evil were waged across the galaxy. I learned that Princess Leia's special invulnerability makes her pretty useful against Darth Vader. And that Han Solo is a murderous juggernaut without jedi opposition.

EDIT: I just remembered another highlight. Rubycat had put himself behind a wall of mines to protect himself from jedi. So I force pulled him thrity feet and sliced him a new one. :)

that entire map was awesome

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's all about fun. I don't know if most people even look at the scoreboard. I wish I could play longer sessions, but I would say this is easily worth the $10 it costs on Steam.

• Options
    IdolNinja wrote:
    Morkath wrote:

It seems to be working okay for all of us. Did you get the Conversion Pack installed? Both the 2.0 and the 2.2 patch?

Yeah, and I pointed the installers to the SWBFII directory both times per the instructions, but I don't think it installed correctly. I'll nuke it when I get home and try it again.
    For example, I had to move the addon\bf1 folder into the game data folder manually to even join the server.

• Options
    Morkath wrote:
    IdolNinja wrote:
    Morkath wrote:

Yeah, and I pointed the installers to the SWBFII directory both times per the instructions, but I don't think it installed correctly. I'll nuke it when I get home and try it again.
    For example, I had to move the addon\bf1 folder into the game data folder manually to even join the server.

I think the instructions may have been a bit unclear. I redid them in the OP with pics showing the paths and everything, so give that a look when you do the install over.

• Options
    So discussion about the bots in various chats has us thinking that maybe we should reign it in a bit.

Hunt maps are playing out too fast and tighter maps like Kamino and Tantive IV turn into stacks and stacks of units in corridors and tight areas.

What do you guys think? Cut it back from 32 to 16 or so?

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I like the large battles, but I seem to be in the minority. I did seem to be dying a lot more last night.

• Options
    I'm thinking of trying 20 bots (10 per side) and see how that plays out.

• Options
    that seems like a good compromise to me.

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    IdolNinja wrote:
    Morkath wrote:
    IdolNinja wrote:
    Morkath wrote:

I think the instructions may have been a bit unclear. I redid them in the OP with pics showing the paths and everything, so give that a look when you do the install over.

Yeah those are the paths I used the first time, we will see what happens when I reinstall.

• Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    That guy with Detpacks and Mines on that map was hilarious. I was even trying to throw mines out the windows while you guys were fighting.

--Oh I get that whole black texture thing, even with default view settings. The only way ive fixed it is to Alt-tab out, so If I'm completely stationary I'm probably fixing it.-- ATI 4870 card

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Rubycat wrote:
    That guy with Detpacks and Mines on that map was hilarious. I was even trying to throw mines out the windows while you guys were fighting.

--Oh I get that whole black texture thing, even with default view settings. The only way ive fixed it is to Alt-tab out, so If I'm completely stationary I'm probably fixing it.-- ATI 4870 card

I've got an ATI 4870 HD as well and it did fix it for me. Weird.

Also, conversion server is back online. I finished a complete cycle testing all the maps. Removed one bad map and added a few favorites that I missed the first time around. Everything should be stable now.

Map list is randomized and here they are:

Alderaan Conquest The Old Republic CONVERSION
    Naboo Plains Conquest Clone Wars CONVERSION
    Naboo Plains Hunt Droids vs Gungans Clone Wars CONVERSION
    Kashyyk Docks Hunt Droids vs Wookies Clone Wars CONVERSION
    Kashyyk Docks Elite Galactic Civil War CONVERSION
    Kashyyk Islands Elite Galactic Civil War CONVERSION
    Kashyyk Islands Hunt Rebel snipers vs. Imperial Snipers Galactic Civil War CONVERSION
    Bespin Platforms Conquest Clone Wars CONVERSION
    Bespin Platforms Elite Galactic Civil War CONVERSION
    Bespin Cloud City Conquest Galactic Civil War CONVERSION
    Bespin Cloud City Elite Galactic Civil War CONVERSION
    Bespin Cloud City Hero CTF Galactic Civil War CONVERSION
    Coruscant Conquest Clone Wars VANILLA
    Coruscant Order 66 Clone Wars CONVERSION
    Dagobah Team Deathmatch Galactic Civil War CONVERSION
    Death Star Conquest Galactic Civil War VANILLA
    Death Star Elite Galactic Civil War CONVERSION
    Endor Hunt Stormtroopers vs Ewoks Galactic Civil War VANILLA
    Endor Hero CTF The Old Republic CONVERSION
    Endar Spire Conquest The Old Republic CONVERSION
    Endar Spire Elite The Old Republic CONVERSION
    Felucia Conquest Clone Wars VANILLA
    Felucia Hunt Clones vs Ackley Clone Wars CONVERSION
    Felucia Order 66 Clone Wars CONVERSION
    Geonosis Conquest Clone Wars VANILLA
    Geonosis Hunt Clone Snipers vs Genosians Clone Wars VANILLA
    Geonosis Spires Hero CTF The Old Republic CONVERSION
    Hoth Conquest Galactic Civil War VANILLA
    Hoth Hunt Wampas vs Imperials Galactic Civil War VANILLA
    Ord Ibanna Conquest The Old Republic CONVERSION
    Ord Ibanna Elite The Old Republic CONVERSION
    Kamino Conquest Clone Wars VANILLA
    Kashyyk Conquest Clone Wars VANILLA
    Mustafar Conquest Clone Wars VANILLA
    Mustafar Order 66 Clone Wars CONVERSION
    Mygeeto Conquest Clone Wars VANILLA
    Mygeeto Order 66 Clone Wars CONVERSION
    Naboo Conquest Clone Wars VANILLA
    Naboo Hunt Droids vs Gungans Clone Wars VANILLA
    Naboo Protoype Conquest Clone Wars CONVERSION
    Polis Massa Conquest Clone Wars VANILLA
    Rhen Var Harbor Conquest Clone Wars CONVERSION
    Rhen Var Harbor Hero CTF The Old Republic CONVERSION
    Rhen Var Temple Hero CTF Clone Wars CONVERSION
    Space Bespin Assault Galactic Civil War CONVERSION
    Space Geonosis Assault Clone Wars CONVERSION
    Space Rhen Var Assault Clone Wars CONVERSION
    Space Yavin Assault Galactic Civil War VANILLA
    Space Kashyyk Assault Clone Wars VANILLA
    Space Mygeeto Assault Clone Wars VANILLA
    Space Felucia Assault Clone Wars VANILLA
    Space Hoth Assault Galactic Civil War VANILLA
    Space Tattooine Assault Galactic Civil War VANILLA
    Space Rakata Prime Assault actually Team DM The Old Republic CONVERSION
    Tattoine Dune Sea Conquest Galactic Civil War CONVERSION
    Tantive IV Conquest Galactic Civil War VANILLA
    Tantive IV Hunt Heroes vs Villains (KOTOR 2) The Old Republic CONVERSION
    Tattoine (Mos Eisley) Conquest Galactic Civil War VANILLA
    Tattoine (Mos Eisley) Elite Galactic Civil War VANILLA
    Tattoine (Mos Eisley) Hunt Jawas vs Tuskan Raiders Galactic Civil War VANILLA
    Tattoine (Mos Eisley) Hunt Mandalorians vs Sith The Old Republic CONVERSION
    Tattoine Jabba's Palace Conquest Galactic Civil War VANILLA
    Utapau Order 66 Clone Wars CONVERSION
    Yavin Conquest Galactic Civil War VANILLA
    Yavin Arena Conquest Galactic Civil War CONVERSION

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    That's enough maps to choke a gundark.

• Options
    Drake wrote:
    That's enough maps to choke a gundark.

The vanilla server map list was 35 and the Conversion server (including the vanilla maps) is now maxed at 65. Any more than that causes it to crash so I picked what I think are the very best stable modes and maps for it.

• Options
    holy CRAP that's a ton of maps :D

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    <3

• Options
    So be careful when installing the conversion stuff, if you choose the SWBFII\Game Data folder, then delete the second \Game Data\ it appends to it, it fucks up the install.

• Options
    Haha man those were fun missions. Especially the jedi CTF map haha so ridiculous yet so amusing.

I never asked for this!
  • Options
    friggin force push allllll over the place XD

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    Force push! Force push! Force push!

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    Morkath wrote:
    So be careful when installing the conversion stuff, if you choose the SWBFII\Game Data folder, then delete the second \Game Data\ it appends to it, it fucks up the install.

Just so everyone is clear, you shouldn't be choosing the GameData folder for the install. You should be choosing the star wars battlefront ii folder and the installer automatically appends \GameData to the path. If you wind up with a GameData folder inside the GameData folder it will be good and truly fucked up. It's truly a terrible installer for such an awesome mod.

• Options
    Yeah its an even worse installer due to the fact I didn't install to GameData\GameData, it tried to, but I removed the second one, so I think it ignored the remaining one and installed just to \SWBFII\ instead.

But yeah the new maps are pretty cool, might need to raise the ticket count, on the old republic map the moment I got to the final class unlock the map was over, and I was highest scoring. =/

• Options
    Morkath wrote:
    Yeah its an even worse installer due to the fact I didn't install to GameData\GameData, it tried to, but I removed the second one, so I think it ignored the remaining one and installed just to \SWBFII\ instead.

But yeah the new maps are pretty cool, might need to raise the ticket count, on the old republic map the moment I got to the final class unlock the map was over, and I was highest scoring. =/

I think that was the Ord Ibanna Old Republic map we were on. I dropped tickets down to 250 earlier when I lowered bot count, so I'll just bump it back up to 300 and see if that works out for us.

• Options
    Rubycat wrote:
    Force push! Force push! Force push!

Worth it just for the moment I jumped into the middle of everyone and force pushed eeeeverrryyyybody. No one messes with the Tusken jedi!

I never asked for this!
  • Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    Right got my laptop up and running again but whenever I try to download the Conversion Mod it crashes my browser and eventually my entire system :O

Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Had fun playing with you guys last night. Darth Maul for life. :P

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    Any chance you can get on TeamSpeak? It's always nice to get tips from the best player on the server. And in case you were wondering why I was switching to your team when we were the only two people on the server, it's because I already know you're better than I am. My losing doesn't prove anything and isn't very fun.

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Sure. I've never used team speak before to be honest. I'll figure it out and be back on in a bit.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    errybody needs to do the voice chat boogaloo

makes things better!

RxI0N.png