As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Renaissance of Phalla (Tie Game)

• Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    Also, my gut reaction is that kuhl would be too crafty to pull such a flashy move, but it's obviously a better vote than spectre. I mean, spectre could even turn out to be mafia but right now the vote on him doesn't make any sense.
    !kuhlmeye

Such a flashy move? It's not a move at all.

If kuhlmeye was mafia, he would have known that both frontrunners were going to die no matter what the vote count. Why would he publicly expose himself under those conditions? It makes no sense, unless we're assuming that the mafia is full of idiots working at cross-purposes without communicating with one another.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Egos wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    TehSpectre: Claimed he was the Vig and that he killed B:L. Voted semi-seriously for Egos.
    Are you fucking serious? It was a joke on both occasions. Are you an idiot?

To be fair his post really just came across as a way to get a day 1 vote in. At least that was how I read it...

You read wrong. i am a detective, and also a big game hunter. I also do children's parties, bar mitzvahs and divorce celebrations. Have a business card.

*blows bubbles out of a children's bubble-pipe.*

I meant TehSpectre's votepost on me. Not yours. Just to clear things up.

Egos on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Once again, he could be pulling a "such an obvious move...I cant be mafia!" type-deal.

I've done it before in order to gain trust.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I hate to say it. It was the weekend..Drinking could have been involved. Not out of the question..

Sadly not for the vigis either.

Egos on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Once again, he could be pulling a "such an obvious move...I cant be mafia!" type-deal.

I've done it before in order to gain trust.

And maybe you are pulling the "I'm a reliable villager, look elsewhere" move.

My vote stands.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Honk

kuhlmeye

Or 21stCentury, as I have no idea what you're trying to do :/

101 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hell, I could do the same thing right now.

"olol why would I be this agressive out of the gate on day two when none of my mafia brethren were in touble of getting voted out? I am obviously not mafia because what a dumb strategy"

Look. Anyone can be mafia regardless of what they do.

I ahve a gut feeling about kuhl. Simple as that.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Also, Kuhl is doing well at trying to deflect.

When I am mafia and I want a bandwagon to shift to someone else? I stay quiet most of the day.

It works a good amount. If he is still winning the vote later tonight, he'll probably show back up.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Jason Todd wrote: »
    Also, my gut reaction is that kuhl would be too crafty to pull such a flashy move, but it's obviously a better vote than spectre. I mean, spectre could even turn out to be mafia but right now the vote on him doesn't make any sense.
    !kuhlmeye

If kuhlmeye was mafia, he would have known that both frontrunners were going to die no matter what the vote count. Why would he publicly expose himself under those conditions? It makes no sense, unless we're assuming that the mafia is full of idiots working at cross-purposes without communicating with one another.

Unless I am really reading the mechanics incorrectly, creating the tie gave the mafia an extra kill last night. In the case of a straight vote, the mafia could kill the two leaders, and land the vote on third place, with three people dead. With the tie, rather than a coinflip or the "first to tie" rule, they created, essentially, two unblockable kills.

So that is actually a pretty good move for them, considering they got two pretty vocal villagers on day one.

I mean, right?

Langly on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

When I am mafia and I want a bandwagon to shift to someone else? I stay quiet most of the day.

That is because otherwise someone will yell at you and say you are being too defensive O_o

Something I think people learn regardless..

edit: well I suppose to be fair there are levels, but generally speaking people will go "he is being defensive" regardless...unless it's like a one liner perhaps...

Egos on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    !kuhlmeye

Unless I am really reading the mechanics incorrectly, creating the tie gave the mafia an extra kill last night. In the case of a straight vote, the mafia could kill the two leaders, and land the vote on third place, with three people dead. With the tie, rather than a coinflip or the "first to tie" rule, they created, essentially, two unblockable kills.

So that is actually a pretty good move for them, considering they got two pretty vocal villagers on day one.

I mean, right?

I don't think this is correct. The tie between Warban and Stever777 was irrelevant, because the mafia killed both of them and dropped the vote onto the third place tie between Kime and B:L. Even without a tie, both Stever and Warban would have died, and the vote would still have trickled onto the third place tie.

Wait, are you assuming that Kuhl created the third-place tie? Kuhlmeye's vote created a tie between Warban and Stever777, not the tie between B:L and Kime. His vote created an irrelevant tie.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    !kuhlmeye

I mean, right?

I don't think this is correct. The tie between Warban and Stever777 was irrelevant, because the mafia killed both of them and dropped the vote onto the third place tie between Kime and B:L. Even without a tie, both Stever and Warban would have died, and the vote would still have trickled onto the third place tie.

Wait, are you assuming that Kuhl created the third-place tie? Kuhlmeye's vote created a tie between Warban and Stever777, not the tie between B:L and Kime. His vote created an irrelevant tie.

I was under the impression that the initial tie itself trickled down. In that, warban and steever tied, their tie vote trickled to the next two in the line

Langly on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    !kuhlmeye

I mean, right?

I was under the impression that the initial tie itself trickled down. In that, warban and steever tied, their tie vote trickled to the next two in the line

I don't believe so. The vote killed Kime and B:L because they were tied for most votes after Warban and Steever. If Kime had led B:L in votes, he alone would have died to the vote regardless of the tied status of the first place bandwagons. At least, that's how I understand the mechanics.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Personally, I say Kuhlmeye. Right now I'm tending to believe Spectre.

Plus, doesn't the rule say that he dies in 1-2 days anyway?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Here's the thing, I completely understand why I am getting votes. In fact, I probably deserve them. I have also given the mafia a pretty clear wagon to jump onto, so if I do end up dying tonight, take a look at people just sheeping onto me once my name is green in the narration.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    Here's the thing, I completely understand why I am getting votes. In fact, I probably deserve them. I have also given the mafia a pretty clear wagon to jump onto, so if I do end up dying tonight, take a look at people just sheeping onto me once my name is green in the narration.

So then you're not a normal villager?

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    101 wrote: »
    Suspicious act #36. Courting inactivus :P

I hunger for his love and he hungers for inactive souls its a match made in heaven

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hmm Simonwolf I guess

I don't really like any of the front two runners, from my understanding the front two are pretty suspicious but nothing really out of line

but then again what do I know this is phalla after all

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Pretty sure he just meant that in many phallas villagers come up green. This one has been different in that regard.

Langly on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, if the mafia was going to kill the top two folks to make the vote trickle onto a lower tied bandwagon, then if that is what happened I'd want to look at some of the folks on the lower tied bandwagon since the top two votes tying doesn't seem to be what was pivotal.

Since no one bothered to count up the votes from before and time them I guess I will. What a pain, stupid vote trickling.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    This really should go without saying now, but after last night's events I just want to be safe:

If you're a guard, and you don't have anyone important to guard yet, you really should guard the person winning the vote to stop vote trickle shenanigans.

That, or at least set up a tiered roster of votes for a bunch of people, or something.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Savant wrote: »
    Yeah, if the mafia was going to kill the top two folks to make the vote trickle onto a lower tied bandwagon, then if that is what happened I'd want to look at some of the folks on the lower tied bandwagon since the top two votes tying doesn't seem to be what was pivotal.

Since no one bothered to count up the votes from before and time them I guess I will. What a pain, stupid vote trickling.

I've been trying to look at this too.
    stever777: 7 (daniant, evilbob, pablo_price, oldmanken, lonelyahava, Zandracon, B:L)
    warban: 7 (Turkson, Phyphor, Baidol, Teucrian, simonwolf, Spoit, kuhlmeye)
    kime: 4 (Drez, 101, Element Brian, Honk)
    Drez: 4 (stever777, cj iwakura, 21stCentury, Asiina)
    kuhlmeye: 3 (Farangu, TehSloth, DasUberEdward)

If I'm reading it right though, the reason there was a 3rd place tie was b/c B:L took his vote off of Drez to vote stever. Which would be pretty suspicious, except B:L died good. Interesting to me, though, is that kuhlmeye was in the running for that 3rd place zone.

IMO, we should be looking at those other kime/drez voters if !kuhlmeye turns up red tonight.

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I think you missed some of the retractions in there for the tertiary vote targets, pablo. Here's mine for the ones who got offed, correct me if I'm wrong:

Warban - Turkson, phyphor, baidol, Teucrian, simonwolf, spoit, kulhmeye
    stever777 - daniant, evilbob, pablo_price, oldmanken, B:L, lonelyahava, zandracon
    kime - Drez, 101, element brian, honk
    B:L - Witch doctor, kime, stever777, jaysonfour

kuhlmeye could be mafia and those were some shameless shenanigans, but I'm not feeling it as much as some other folks. I'm sort of curious what sort of strategy, if any, the mafia took towards spreading out their votes yesterday. If they tried to spread it as much as possible between various villagers, then witch doctor and jaysonfour on the B:L bandwagon are the most suspicious going by conditional probability that we know that stever and kime were villagers, but the mafia may have anticipated that and stayed off the B:L bandwagon entirely. Some of the other assorted votes might matter two, since I noticed a lot of switching around raiden.

Anyways, I'll !vote Jaysonfour for now, and change it if I think of someone better.

Savant on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Today has been full to the brim with stupid. I don't really care for any of the bandwagons. kuhlmeye is the closest thing to suspicious I've seen.

Oats on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Okay I'm really sorry guys but I've been out all day. Can you tell me what's going on?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Geez Asiina, it took some shady mods using the Online status screen to completely fuck up my network in order to get me to quit.

Asiina - Villager

Died due to debilitating thin-skin.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hmm

Hmmmm

Kuhlmeye

Farangu on
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kuhlmeye tied up the vote and gave the mafia some trickle down kills, which also negated a guard that had been placed on B:L. Kuhlmeye deserves to be voted out as an example so that nobody ever does that again. (Also, so that we don't spend the next 3 days debating his mafianess before finally voting him out anyway.)

All that said, Simonwolf for second place in case of trickle. On a hunch.

FecklessRogue on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Feckless' ideas intrigue me.

That being said, I will further solidify the lead of kuhlmeye.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I am so gettin' vigged tonight.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Kuhlmeye tied up the vote and gave the mafia some trickle down kills, which also negated a guard that had been placed on B:L. Kuhlmeye deserves to be voted out as an example so that nobody ever does that again. (Also, so that we don't spend the next 3 days debating his mafianess before finally voting him out anyway.)

Warban and stever were mafia killed anyway, which is what triggered the vote trickle, not me tying it. Just FYI.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I am so gettin' vigged tonight.

Or mafia'd, to cause the vote to hit 3rd place again.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    What I'm saying (JT said it earlier) is, even if I had voted for stever, both stever and warban would still have been killed by the mafia, and BL and kime would still have died due to the tied vote for third.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Okay I am just going to chalk kuhlmeyes thing up to not paying attention but I don't really have time to catch up tonight so...sorry !kuhlmyeye.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I wish this game had a village idiot, and I had been assigned that role.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

I'm dubious of both your reasoning and your hunches. ++suspicion on Feckless rogue.

Too much stupid and sheeping today IMO, not enough digging. Won't give us much to work with tomorrow if we end up with more dead villagers.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

I'm dubious of both your reasoning and your hunches. ++suspicion on Feckless rogue.

Too much stupid and sheeping today IMO, not enough digging. Won't give us much to work with tomorrow if we end up with more dead villagers.

Which you will! :winky:

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

This is not what happened, as I have explained multiple times today.

The mafia killed Stever and Warban, not Kuhlmeye's vote. Kuhlmeye's vote was completely irrelevant to how the day turned out. This is a stupid bandwagon and a waste of a day.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

Please, tell us what we should be looking into when analyzing the chaos of Day 1.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It is a stupid bandwagon, and in four more days someone will pipe up with "HEY WE SHOULD TIE THE VOTE" and debate will spark up all over again.

Today won't accomplish much. However, there aren't any great leads as of yet, and the mafia will continue to kill the top two vote-leaders since they have nothing to lose by doing so.

Oats on