Options

[Phalla] The Renaissance of Phalla (Tie Game)

• Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, I don't really know if he's bad, but I seriously hate this bandwagon shit where a couple of people who've played the game before pick someone based on shaky evidence and all the newer players fall in line because clearly they must know what they're doing. Make your own decisions guys, these people don't know any more than you do!

I will placeholder vote for TehSpectre.

Asiina on
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The kuhlmeye bandwagon does not make a lick of sense.

Consider that kuhlmeye voted at 12:00 immediately prior to vote close and that the mafia killed both Stever777 and Warban, trickling the vote down onto the third place players. Why would kuhlmeye have been concerned with creating a tie in such a suspicious manner if he knew that both players would be killed regardless?

I think we need to have a pretty close look at !TehSpectre instead of kuhlmeye. He is the one who began this bandwagon based on the flawed logic above, despite being a veteran player who should understand that kuhlmeye would have no reason to vote as he did if he was mafia. He's accused a (likely) innocent villager and given the mafia an extremely convenient bandwagon in which to hide.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I pointed out in my original vote post that it was mainly a gut feeling thing.

The moment you guys start assuming old players never make risky plays is the moment you lose forever.

I would make a risky play like that because I could immediately claim innocence due to being "much smarter than that if I were mafia" and it would make sense.

I still like my pick over the others that have been put forth today.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I mean, christ guys, the guy pulled last minute vote shenanigans and you think I am a better choice?

Are you blatant mafia, or just dumb?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    TehSpectre wrote: »

The moment you guys start assuming old players never make risky plays is the moment you lose forever.

I would make a risky play like that because I could immediately claim innocence due to being "much smarter than that if I were mafia" and it would make sense.

But you are positing a pointless play, not a risky play. What possible purpose could kuhlmeye have served by tying the vote, knowing that his own team was preparing to kill both the players involved in that tie?

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So because we don't immediately jump onto your bandwagon like the good little sheep we're dumb?

I had forgotten since it's been a while, but this is exactly why I don't play this shit. It's a clique of people who think they know best invading every phalla they can and dictating the way the game is played. Ruins it every single time.

Fuck this shit, I'm out.

I quit.

Asiina on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Jason Todd wrote: »

But you are positing a pointless play, not a risky play. What possible purpose could kuhlmeye have served by tying the vote, knowing that his own team was preparing to kill both the players involved in that tie?
    Hm, actually I thought his vote was for B:L for some reason.

Meh. I still have my gut issue with him.

Edit: Asiina, I have played maybe 3 phallas over the last 2 years. There is no clique shit going on here, I call everyone dumb who doesn't vote the same way as me.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Asiina wrote: »
    So because we don't immediately jump onto your bandwagon like the good little sheep we're dumb?

I had forgotten since it's been a while, but this is exactly why I don't play this shit. It's a clique of people who think they know best invading every phalla they can and dictating the way the game is played. Ruins it every single time.

Fuck this shit, I'm out.

I quit.

D:

For the record, I play(ed) a lot of phalla and I'm not calling anyone dumb.

I also think this is just TehSpectre's posting style, not cliquey bullshit.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ah yes, welcome to Day 2!

Unlike Day 1, we, the village, now have some data with which to try to influence our vote decisions.

That data may or may not be reliable in the slightest!

We have a choice, today. Kuhlmeye has pulled a risky maneuver. In the closing moments of Day 1, he changed his vote to bring a tie in first place, causing the death of two villagers. There are a few ways to interpret this.

1) kuhlmeye is a villager who pulled a ballsy, but ultimately futile and foolish stunt to try and nab a mafia. In doing so, he has tied up the village for a day or days as it deliberates on whether his actions were benign or heinous.

2) kulhmeye is a mafia who pulled a ballsy, and possibly also foolish stunt to try and kill more villagers on Day 1, while also exposing himself. Generally, performing such an action is not done by mafia as they usually avoid influencing anything in the early days so as to conceal themselves.

On one hand, if kuhlmeye is a villager, lynching him hurts the village. However, it also means that all doubt is removed and the village does not spend days waffling on whether to kill him or not. If we do not lynch kuhlmeye today, we need to find another target. Do we kill theSpectre, who so vigorously and rudely pursues him, or someone else?

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    OOOOOOOoooooOOOOOO

B:L, die with me

OOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOO

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

Fuck this shit, I'm out.

I quit.

QQ?

Tehspctre is probably just mafia and trying to direct the village. Because the village is full of rubes.

RetractSavant
    vote tehspectre

I haven't forgot about you thought Savant!

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    kuhlmeye?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    !TehSpectre

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    !retract kuhlmeye

!TehSpectre

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    kuhlmeye currently has a clear lead of 11 votes, with TehSpectre at 5 and simonwolf at 4, followed by a bunch of single votes.

With the vast majority of players still left to vote, anyone can win!

Baidol on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    And with that last minute change, Kuhlmeye has dropped to 10 and TehSpecre risen to 6!

Why the double post? Editing posts is poor form in phallas!

Baidol on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I think the best way to go on and figure out who to vote for is to examine the facts.

first, the what happened:
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    Day Two - You fuckers still haven't figured out that ties are bad in Eri games.

Stever777 was a Villager Killed by the Mafia
    Warban was a Villager Killed by the Mafia
    B:L was a Villager Killed by the Vote
    Kime was a Villager Killed by the Vote
    Spoit was a Villager Killed by a Vigilante

Cythraul was guarded today by a Guardian, but no one attacked him.
    B:L was guarded today by a Guardian, but he died by the Vote.
    One vigilante decided not to act.

Now, what is of particular interest for us is who was slain by The Mafia. Stever777 and Warban were eliminated. I would say it might be of use to examine Stever777 and Warban's actions during the first day, to perhaps ascertain if a grudge is to be found.

Stever777 went from voting for Kime to voting for B:L. That's more or less all he did. It is also implied he wanted Pablo_Price eliminated.

Warban originally voted against TehSpectre before switching to Zandracon.

So from a cursory glance, it's highly possible that Mafia wanted them whacked for either of those votes, which means we might need to examine TehSpectre and Zandracon's actions further, as we know both B:L and Kime were villagers.

TehSpectre: Claimed he was the Vig and that he killed B:L. Voted semi-seriously for Egos. Voted for Kuhlmeye after the first day's result, claiming that he must be mafia if he's checking the first day results.
    Zandracon: Voted for Stever777. Stever was killed by mafia. this could be a gambit, as he might claim no one is stupid enough to vote for someone and murder them.

The only person of interest left to examine is kuhlmeye.

Kuhlmeye voted Spoit, switched to Warban. What do we know about spoit? Spoit was thought to be mafia by the vigilante. Kuhlmeye switched to Warban, who was one of the prime suspects at the time right before the end of the day. Could it be a coincidence or is kuhlmeye related to vigilantes?

The situation paints quite a web. And it seems to point towards TehSpectre being mafia. Warban voted against tehSpectre, putting some suspicion his way. Kuhlmeye voted for warban in a bandwagon and narrowly pushed him towards the noose, avoiding to vote for someone who would be killed by a vigilante.

TehSpectre is mafia, probably... maybe.

I vote TehSpectre.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    21st, I think you're placing way too much importance on day 1 votes, which might as well be random. It's pretty clear from the results that the mafia killed Stever and Warban (the two front-runners in the vote) in order to trickle the vote onto the third-place tie.

TehSpectre is suspicious because he started an extremely flimsy bandwagon on kuhlmeye, not because of whatever convoluted series of day 1 votes and countervotes you think is to blame.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Bloody hell. The weekend is always a bad time for me to play phalla. I have about 30 minutes to make my vote today and I will not be on to change it before the vote closes.

Sunday is going to be even worse. I think I'll have to have my vote in before 9:00 am MST.

>.<

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i think stever777 was whacked because someone wanted free ice cream from simonwolf. from this, we can deduce that one of the mafia members may be attending PAX in the future.

one of the vigilantes is a new player.

also, Dread Pirate Arbuthnot.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kuhlmeye's vote switch had no effect on the mafia's plan to kill the two vote leaders and eliminate B:L and Kime. Which was very clever, since they had no opportunity to kill the guarded B:L directly. There's absolutely no reason to think Kuhlmeye is mafia, instead of just not paying attention.

Teh_spectre might be mafia but starting a wagon on people who change their vote on the last second is hardly suspicious mafia behavior.

My opinion: we have a distracting sideshow between two villagers. Then Phyphor astutely tries to solidify a clear villager simonwolf into third place, an important issue given the trickle.

Mafia Simon isn't that helpful and probably wouldn't have voted for himself and put him in danger.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    TehSpectre it is then.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    TehSpectre: Claimed he was the Vig and that he killed B:L. Voted semi-seriously for Egos.
    Are you fucking serious? It was a joke on both occasions. Are you an idiot?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I dont mind being voted for, but dont do it for seriously stupid reasoning like in 21st century's post.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Done!

TehSpectre for being a silly goose.

Baidol on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It's cool. I understand I am now being voted out because "olol spectre's a jerk" moreso than the "shady bandwagon on Kuhl"

Just know that this kind of voting wont help the village. Ever.

Edit: I may be brash, but I have the village's interests at heart. Kuhl struck me as odd. I stick by my gut reaction.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    JebusUD wrote: »

Fuck this shit, I'm out.

I quit.

QQ?

Tehspctre is probably just mafia and trying to direct the village. Because the village is full of rubes.

I haven't forgot about you thought Savant!

Phalla is a game of manipulation, on both sides of the coin. The mafia are attempting to obfuscate and avoid being caught, as well as manipulating events with their kills. But a directionless village is a dead village, and as an involved villager it's pretty much the goal to convince everyone else to do what you say, if you have an idea of who is actually bad. That's why people come across as so confidently accusatory, because no one wants to follow an unsure lynch, even if the cocksure guy turns out to be wrong, it's better than wobbling around, getting picked off and learning nothing.

Also, put on your big boy pants and either play, or don't. It's a fucking message board mafia game, not something to get in a huff about or make a righteously indignant quitting post. You just look childish.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Let's leave it alone, Langly.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    TehSpectre: Claimed he was the Vig and that he killed B:L. Voted semi-seriously for Egos.

That sounds like a pretty good strategy. Misdirection hidden as "Oh, I'm just a jokey guy".

Tell it to your family, mafia boy.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

To be fair his post really just came across as a way to get a day 1 vote in. At least that was how I read it...

Egos on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

That sounds like a pretty good strategy. Misdirection hidden as "Oh, I'm just a jokey guy".

Tell it to your family, mafia boy.

I meant your crime family, not your actual family. Sorry if it confused you.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    There was nothing to misdirect. I posted that I was kidding a post later. Its stupid.

Admit you were dumb and move on

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Also, my gut reaction is that kuhl would be too crafty to pull such a flashy move, but it's obviously a better vote than spectre. I mean, spectre could even turn out to be mafia but right now the vote on him doesn't make any sense.
    !kuhlmeye

Langly on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Egos wrote: »

To be fair his post really just came across as a way to get a day 1 vote in. At least that was how I read it...

You read wrong. i am a detective, and also a big game hunter. I also do children's parties, bar mitzvahs and divorce celebrations. Have a business card.

*blows bubbles out of a children's bubble-pipe.*

21stCentury on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Langly, I love you.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Langly, I love you.

We have confirmation. Langly is TehSpectre's mafia boyfriend. Is it a crime family of SIN? My guess is, probably.

Langly, you are the next on my list! Mafia defender.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    21st , I think you're getting too high on your conspiracy theory.

Egos on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    !retract Dread Pirate

!21stCentury.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    t's better than wobbling around, getting picked off and learning nothing.

I've always found that wobbling around and keeping votes interesting reveals more.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Egos wrote: »
    21st , I think you're getting too high on your conspiracy theory.

Is Egos a drug-peddling mafia kingpin? All signs point to... Hang him!

Okay, i'm done.

21stCentury on