Options

The Prime 2011 Badge Anticipation and Pictures Thread

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    Is anyone else having this postage issue? These are the first two i've heard about, and we're trying to isolate what exactly went wrong. We outsource the sending to a professional mail house, and they've done every year before as well.

Some guy.
  • Options
    DariusWINDDariusWIND Registered User new member
    Is anyone else having this postage issue? These are the first two i've heard about, and we're trying to isolate what exactly went wrong. We outsource the sending to a professional mail house, and they've done every year before as well.

Mine came with all 10 badges stacked on top of each other, which made the envelope rather thick. I'm assuming that's what the problem was.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2011
    DariusWIND wrote:

Mine came with all 10 badges stacked on top of each other, which made the envelope rather thick. I'm assuming that's what the problem was.

may have also been overweight for the postage

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    Woooo! My friend just got her Friday pass so that leaves me the last one in my circle to get her badge! I hope it gets here tomorrow...especially since I leave next Tuesday back to Washington.

• Options
    Goddess of MadnessGoddess of Madness Registered User regular
    *dances around like a moron* BADGES ARRIVED IN CANADA! Ok go about your business

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Ok, so, mine was surcharged for a slightly different reason:

non_machinable.jpg

Translation: This Envelope is Too Thick.

Anyway, badges get!

Houn on
  • Options
    ChaossebbaChaossebba Registered User regular
    Since I didn't select shipping for my badges since I live all the way in Belgium - I'm just supposed to print out my little confirmation barcode and bring that to Will call right?

Just checking since I don't want unpleasant surprises when I get there :u

• Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    Chaossebba wrote:
    Since I didn't select shipping for my badges since I live all the way in Belgium - I'm just supposed to print out my little confirmation barcode and bring that to Will call right?

Just checking since I don't want unpleasant surprises when I get there :u

Yes. Bring your confirmation and have your ID ready.

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    ShilohShiloh Registered User regular
    I know I just must be worried, but now that we've got everything lined up and just set up my costume to be shipped, I'm still waiting for my passes...Just being paranoid I guess, but seeing as I'm coming from the east coast, and this may be the only chance we get to ever go to a Pax Prime, I really want this to go off with out problem.

Needless to say still waiting breathlessly in Maryland for delivery of Pax Prime tickets...

Be excellent to each other!
  • Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    Posting this over from the FAQ thread, someone else who got hit with postage due:
    Elanoa wrote:
    Just something random - my five passes arrived (yay college reunion!) and I had to pay the postmaster 87 cents for their shipping. Not a huge deal, but I consider myself lucky that I was home to pay for it.

• Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Yay! My passes are on the Fedex truck to be delivered in the morning!!

Jenny_Spaghetti on
  • Options
    jasZER0jasZER0 Registered User new member
    edited August 2011
    Still waiting on a delivery of 4 badges through USPS (San Diego). No notice, but based on people's postage troubles I'll check with the post office today.

jasZER0 on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Alaska has still not received badges. 2 + 2 + 1, and none have arrived yet. I'm officially worried.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I'll note that in thousands of passes mailed, we've only seen three confirm any mailing issues. Most people probably shouldn't start assuming shipping errors, the PO will let you know if you need to pay up.

• Options
    SilvertwinnSilvertwinn Going on 40. "Get off my lawn!"Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Just got mine (Langley, BC). :D No postage fees or errors. It was actually kind of funny. I refreshed my FedEx tracker and it said "Delivered", so I run to my front door and it's tucked underneath my mat. XD
    IMG_0588.jpg

Yeah, figured I'd join the "hide my badge numbers" group. x3 I'll definitely be getting better lanyards for both passes, but for now, this keeps them both in one spot together.

Silvertwinn on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Houn wrote:
    I'll note that in thousands of passes mailed, we've only seen three confirm any mailing issues. Most people probably shouldn't start assuming shipping errors, the PO will let you know if you need to pay up.

Keep in mind that only 1% of people going to PAX will ever post on the forums. Given that math, 3 problems reported here could amount to 300 actual problems.

Disclaimer: Math may not me accurate

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    Disclaimer: Math may not me accurate

7B14287.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Disclaimer: Words may be different than they appear

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    TeletheusTeletheus Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    Disclaimer: Wrds mai Be differnt then thy appeer

PSN/XBL/Steam/Twitter: Teletheus
  • Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    Just got mine (Langley, BC). :D No postage fees or errors. It was actually kind of funny. I refreshed my FedEx tracker and it said "Delivered", so I run to my front door and it's tucked underneath my mat. XD

Hey! Mine are in Langley too! Trying to get ahold of my in-laws to confirm they got them but they never answer their phone. :/

• Options
    SilvertwinnSilvertwinn Going on 40. "Get off my lawn!"Registered User regular

Hey! Mine are in Langley too! Trying to get ahold of my in-laws to confirm they got them but they never answer their phone. :/

That sucks. :( But we should totally say hi at PAX!! :D Since we're both from the same general area!

• Options
    Sadly another day done for USPS in my area and no tickets, here is to hoping they come tomorrow.

• Options
    JediknightkarlJediknightkarl Registered User regular
    Finally got mine! was starting to worry that i wouldn't be able to dance around my badges like i do every year.

damn...bit my tongue....i hate that.
  • Options
    Finally just heard back from the mother-in-law. 2 3-days and 2 halofest, exactly as expected. Woot woot! :)

• Options
    I am going to post everyday on this thread until I get my badges. And then I will join you all in the PAX Badge dance.

• Options
    RogueBunnyRogueBunny Registered User regular
    akjak wrote:
    Alaska has still not received badges. 2 + 2 + 1, and none have arrived yet. I'm officially worried.

Mmmm me too... :( here is to hoping that they arrive by Friday!
    Curse-Ten wrote:
    And then I will join you all in the PAX Badge dance.
    Seconded!

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, I think the Alaska shipment just hasn't arrived in state yet. I'm in Ketchikan and I'm still waiting. Patience fellow AK PAXers! At least if something does get buggered up with us we can band together and make sad puppy dog eyes at Robert Khoo when we get to Seattle.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    185303_10150348570667812_707262811_9717421_3398818_n.jpg
    228837_10150348569552812_707262811_9717398_6135328_n.jpg
    Once my friend plugs his phone into his computer I have some videos for you all!! lol...

Found these from last year
    41318_459864837811_707262811_6319848_1349158_n.jpg
    45711_459864772811_707262811_6319840_3548714_n.jpg

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    S2000Gan wrote:
    185303_10150348570667812_707262811_9717421_3398818_n.jpg
    228837_10150348569552812_707262811_9717398_6135328_n.jpg
    Once my friend plugs his phone into his computer I have some videos for you all!! lol...

Found these from last year
    41318_459864837811_707262811_6319848_1349158_n.jpg
    45711_459864772811_707262811_6319840_3548714_n.jpg

NmhGC.png

7B14287.png
  • Options
    tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    peetsnack wrote:
    NmhGC.png

unlimited powweeerrrr!!!

• Options
    InitialDKInitialDK Registered User regular
    My wife is actually the one who is concerned we haven't received ours yet. I'm assuming in the event that we don't get our badges in the mail by the time we leave we should just bring our order confirmations.

"I'd happily trade your life for knowledge of my powers."
    -Louis C.K.
  • Options
    Sgt SupermanSgt Superman Registered User regular
    InitialDK wrote:
    My wife is actually the one who is concerned we haven't received ours yet. I'm assuming in the event that we don't get our badges in the mail by the time we leave we should just bring our order confirmations.

You also have to E-mail pax_questions@paxsite.com to let them know you didn't receive the badges.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I'm in the same boat, no tickets today as well....here is for hoping that they come tomorrow. 8(

Shiloh on
  • Options
    GrangerXGrangerX Registered User new member
    Mine arrived today. 4 x 3-Day. Mailed on the 9th from Bridgeport, CT, got here (Atlanta, GA) on the 18th, in case that's useful info.

• Options
    Nope not lucky today. I found out I am leaving a day earlier than expected so if I don't get the tickets by Saturday then I am out of luck (well at least for receiving my badges by mail luck).

• Options
    RogueBunnyRogueBunny Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote:
    Yeah, I think the Alaska shipment just hasn't arrived in state yet. I'm in Ketchikan and I'm still waiting. Patience fellow AK PAXers! At least if something does get buggered up with us we can band together and make sad puppy dog eyes at Robert Khoo when we get to Seattle.
    Hahahaha I love this plan!

• Options
    jasZER0jasZER0 Registered User new member
    Still no luck in San Diego.

• Options
    Yay! My fancy lanyards are officially the last thing I'm waiting for before we leave for PAX!
    6057956648_5a842d0fc8.jpg

• Options
    EvilPinderEvilPinder Registered User regular
    qyIBm.jpg

Yay, indeed!

• Options
    JayDukeJayDuke Registered User new member
    Still awaiting badges here in Arizona. Going to hit up the post office tomorrow and hope everything gets set straight. Getting a little anxious over here.