As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Airbender] The legend of Korra: I am the solution.

• Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    it's been said before

but dat heat haziness

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Olorin wrote:
    The fire animation is looking seriously good...some stills I grabbed from the trailer.
    Pl29h.jpg

wgvX8.jpg

K3dhV.jpg

me5iw.jpg

rVGGc.jpg

pT4v5.jpg

That looks amaaaazing. I can't wait until this is out.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    16:9 is very very kind to the kind of animation Avatar displays. Every time I watch the original series, I subconsciously lament how much more awesome it would've been in widescreen.

I want this show to be airing right now. I want the entire show to have already aired so I can watch it in one sitting tonight. Damn you, time, for being so linear!

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    MoodyTuesdayMoodyTuesday Registered User regular
    I was directed here for the serious discussion.

Anyways, I like the new designs on the Bison and Lemurs.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    There are new designs?

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    It's just a little bit different but they are different from the first series.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Quid wrote:
    There are new designs?

The lemurs look really different
    572px-Ring-Tailed_Winged-Lemur.jpg
    The Bison have minor changes.
    New_flying_bison.jpg
    They're apparently new species that Aang found on an island.

MoodyTuesday on
  • Options
    Nice to see thought out minor changes.

• Options
    I hope they give them some more backstory about where they come from other than "Aang found them on an island"

• Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    I imagine that's pretty much what happened though. I don't really see it requiring much(if any) explanation.

• Options
    Yeah. I imagine they just wanted to make sure they could still have them in the series in a sensible fashion and did so in a more creative way than normal. No need for more story beyond that.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Xtarath wrote:
    I imagine that's pretty much what happened though. I don't really see it requiring much(if any) explanation.
    Quid wrote:
    Yeah. I imagine they just wanted to make sure they could still have them in the series in a sensible fashion and did so in a more creative way than normal. No need for more story beyond that.

I think at least one line of dialogue would be reasonable. Like, giving the location of the island.

MoodyTuesday on
  • Options
    I imagine it'll just get brought up in a flashback when Aang and Korra are talking.

• Options
    Quid wrote:
    I imagine it'll just get brought up in a flashback when Aang and Korra are talking.

Speaking of flashbacks, how do you think they could incorporate Zuko finding his mom into the story?

• Options
    Have they even said they plan to?

• Options
    If they don't they'll be swarmed by hordes of fans who will eat their brains.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Xtarath wrote:
    Quid wrote:

I think at least one line of dialogue would be reasonable. Like, giving the location of the island.

It was Whale Tail Island.

• Options

If they don't most people probably won't care.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Zuko's mom was hiding with the flying bison on Whale Tail Island. This will be shown in a flashback where Aang gives Zuko a baby flying bison for his very own.

• Options
    Quid wrote:

Most of the fans would. Besides, they pretty much promised it.

• Options
    Zuko's mom was hiding with the flying bison on Whale Tail Island. This will be shown in a flashback where Aang gives Zuko a baby flying bison for his very own.

That makes so much sense, yet none at all. Make it happen.

• Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    Quid wrote:

Where did they promise it? The last thing I remember the creators saying was that they wanted to keep the two series mostly separate.

• Options
    Xtarath wrote:
    Quid wrote:

Where did they promise it? The last thing I remember the creators saying was that they wanted to keep the two series mostly separate.

No, there's going to be a big Link. They're probably going to have to do some explaining of the in-between events of the shows.

• Options
    When did they say that?

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Where exactly did they say that? Because I haven't heard them say that at all.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Quid wrote:
    When did they say that?
    MrDapper wrote:
    It's pretty much implied, considering Aang's son and Toph's daughter are going to be recurring characters.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    The lemurs invented motorcycles. Aang just finds an island of flying motorycles and bison wearing fedoras.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Quid wrote:
    When did they say that?
    MrDapper wrote:
    It's pretty much implied, considering Aang's son and Toph's daughter are going to be recurring characters.

Not really, no. No more than they did with events prior to Aang's time.

• Options
    -Tal wrote:
    The lemurs invented motorcycles. Aang just finds an island of flying motorycles and bison wearing fedoras.
    Makes sense.
    Quid wrote:
    Quid wrote:
    When did they say that?
    MrDapper wrote:

Not really, no. No more than they did with events prior to Aang's time.

We'll see as more info comes out.

Anyways, I can't wait to see car chases in the show.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote:

How come Aang finds everything? Why can't Sokka find the fedoras?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Sokka's too busy with the bitches.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Sokka died soon after the war, just before Wang Fire showed up to save the world again.

• Options
    agoaj wrote:
    -Tal wrote:

-Tal wrote:

Sokka was the one who came up with and built Republic City, Aang and Zuko just took credit for it. Sokka was okay with it, he was busy with his two wives.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote:
    -Tal wrote:

-Tal wrote:

Sokka was the one who came up with and built Republic City, Aang and Zuko just took credit for it. Sokka was okay with it, he was busy with his two wives.

Toph?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Quid wrote:
    Sokka died soon after the war, just before Wang Fire showed up to save the world again.
    Wang Fire flew into space and destroyed Sozins comet, then build Republic City out of it's remains.
    agoaj wrote:
    -Tal wrote:

-Tal wrote:

Toph?

Suki and Ty Lee!

• Options
    Oh so she's the third.

She called Suki honey!

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Oh so she's the third.

She called Suki honey!

No, Toph marries The Duke. He became a Stay At Home dad and would occasionally go to the Veterans hall and reminisces about the war.
    Sokka is married to Suki and Ty Lee, AT ONCE! Polygamy is legal in the South Pole!

• Options
    Oh so she's the third.

She called Suki honey!

No, Toph marries The Duke. He became a Stay At Home dad and would occasionally go to the Veterans hall and reminisces about the war.
    Sokka is married to Suki and Ty Lee, AT ONCE! Polygamy is legal in the South Pole!

So why can't Toph be involved in this? She was digging Sokka at least as much as Ty Lee. Plus someone has to be the man in this relationship.

And hell the moon isn't dead he should marry her, too.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Oh so she's the third.

She called Suki honey!

So why can't Toph be involved in this? She was digging Sokka at least as much as Ty Lee. Plus someone has to be the man in this relationship.

And hell the moon isn't dead he should marry her, too.

Toph is too young for him.
    Also, one a month, Yue comes down from the moon, and they all have Sexy time!

• Options
    edited August 2011
    3 years ain't no thing. Eventually anyway.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
This discussion has been closed.