As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...Also AP Bio, The Mick, and Mythic Quest

• Options
    GospreyGosprey Registered User regular
    "Whats with all the locks?"
    "I want you to feel safe."

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Variable wrote:
    I liked that frank had literally nothing to offer people besides the ridiculous shit we've already seen. that and sewer diving is all he is.

It was so meta and so great. He was literally retelling It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to the tourists (it's not like he alluded to some non-episode adventure) but he was just rambling and told it with none of the humor, as if he didn't even get the show. And Frank would not understand Sunny, at all. It was perfect.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    also dennis making sex video tapes is creepy, but expected

but him also taping the audio AND HAVING IT IN HIS CAR?

so creepy

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Podly wrote:

so creepy

why do I still have that one

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Creepy Dennis is the best Dennis.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I love how Dennis and the Latina didn't care that everyone knew about the sex acts being performed in the theater.

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote:
    I love how Dennis and the Latina didn't care that everyone knew about the sex acts being performed in the theater.

As someone who love latinas, with that particular one, I wouldn't care either.

Charlie and Dee's entrance into the theater floored me. Charlie's happy squeal and pushing the chair in front of him and Dee's line of "Yeah, there's shit in my hair", so great. The deliveries on this show are greatness.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Loved the callbacks to the D.E.N.N.I.S. System.

Was really expecting Elena to turn on the car stereo in the middle of one of his super-creepy sex tapes.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    The fact that Charlie `won' was pretty apt.

Dennis is too attached social systems (ie. abandoning the car just isn't done), so he loses
    Frank isn't fit/fast enough, so he loses
    Mac is too big/fat, so he loses
    Dee is too attached to material possessions, so she loses.

Charlie has no attachment to social systems, he's fit, he's small, and he doesn't care about owning anything. When civilization collapses, it will be Charlie and the cockroaches that survive.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    holy hell was that guest actress sexy

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I was absolutely floored by Frank's describing past episodes. The episode was awesome all around. The only thing that didn't quite hit with me was the excitement over "hanging dong" it seemed like they really wanted to get that phrase established. And maybe it worked, but it wasnt very funny. Why would the guys be excited about hanging dong? Hell why would anyone, folks hang dong all the time in movies the last few years.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    jay wjay w Registered User regular
    Gosprey wrote:
    The fact that Charlie `won' was pretty apt.

Dennis is too attached social systems (ie. abandoning the car just isn't done), so he loses
    Frank isn't fit/fast enough, so he loses
    Mac is too big/fat, so he loses
    Dee is too attached to material possessions, so she loses.

Charlie has no attachment to social systems, he's fit, he's small, and he doesn't care about owning anything. When civilization collapses, it will be Charlie and the cockroaches that survive.

I also like that if they had followed the Thunder Gun mantra of leaving no man behind, in other words just waited with Dennis in the car, they presumably would have all made it when traffic cleared up.

Although I was expecting they would all make it to the theater anyway, so Frank's bit at the end surprised me. It was great that he kept pointing out all he had was a quarter and he finally uses it to place that 911 call.

• Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Wow. Tonight's episode had a big reveal (and with the season in mind... an amazing one).
    Mac's real name:
    Ronald "The Rat" McDonald

Toldo on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    so uh how was tonights episode

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lot of awesome callbacks.

Drunk Waitress... or should I say:
    Nikki Potnick? Frank stole a nametag to get in, and the Waitress said she couldn't find hers.

Dee going crazy to impress people.

Rickety Cricket.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Mac's real name was an awesome reveal.

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Besides the reveal, this was just bad Sunny.

It was pretty much all the sitcom cliches with none of the weird deconstruction or absurd spins.

• Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    Next episode someone is going to drink poison. Maybe a lot of people. Maybe all the people.

kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    This episode didn't need a cliffhanger to make me want it to be next week already.

Ronnie the rat is the most perfect thing ever. That is exactly how he is.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    mannnn Dee was killin it. Just waiting to strike. heh.

• Options
    StrikaStrika Registered User regular
    Awesome episode yet again, great season

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Best name reveal since Cosmo Kramer.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Toldo wrote:
    Lot of awesome callbacks.

Drunk Waitress... or should I say:
    Nikki Potnick? Frank stole a nametag to get in, and the Waitress said she couldn't find hers.

Dee going crazy to impress people.

Rickety Cricket.
    nikki potnick is mentioned in the episode where the minors are drinking at the bar. they water down the kids' drinks because they don't want them to crash like what happened with nikki potnick's car

there were a LOT of references. I'm glad they showed D's almost husband, he's the first person I thought of. and the guy who slept with dennis' prom date, awesome, he was mentioned when they went to the prom season 1. it was once again an episode with a lot of callbacks.

I thought it was pretty great

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HadjiQuest wrote:
    Besides the reveal, this was just bad Sunny.

It was pretty much all the sitcom cliches with none of the weird deconstruction or absurd spins.

god that sitcom cliche of huffing bleach in the bathroom and passing out

when will it die!

• Options
    So callbacks still (hopefully) to come:
    Fatty Magoo
    The McPoyle brothers
    Schmitty

• Options
    Gosprey wrote:
    So callbacks still (hopefully) to come:
    Fatty Magoo
    The McPoyle brothers
    Schmitty
    nice I didn't even think about it even though it said to be continued

I hope so

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    awesome

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I updated Mac's entry in the OP to include his true name.

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Nikki Potnik was also mentioned in the season 1 episode "Underage Drinking: A National Concern". They mention getting drunk and crashing her car into a tree.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Podly wrote:

so creepy

They actually brought up him making sex tapes before (maybe when he gets married?), but I don't think I expected them to actually be audio tapes.

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Glenn Howerton tweet about Nikki Potnick (spoilerly, if you don't want confirmation one way or another):
    Sorry, but the Waitress' name is not Nikki Potnick. If u wanna know who N.Potnick is, re-watch S.1 Underage Drinking. First 10 mins.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    double post

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Invisible wrote:
    Podly wrote:

so creepy

They actually brought up him making sex tapes before (maybe when he gets married?), but I don't think I expected them to actually be audio tapes.

They were definitely video, because they talk about the angle, and Mac does an extremely funny hand gesture/movement.

• Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Glenn Howerton tweet about Nikki Potnick (spoilerly, if you don't want confirmation one way or another):
    Sorry, but the Waitress' name is not Nikki Potnick. If u wanna know who N.Potnick is, re-watch S.1 Underage Drinking. First 10 mins.
    I'm glad. Would have been an easy way out.

Once again, Charlie has an excellent facial expression at Dee's shoulderblade movement at the beginning of the episode.

RhalloTonny on
    !
  • Options
    if you didn't remember who nikki potnick was I order you to rewatch every episode of the series, in order, starting now

• Options
    I guess one name reveal is good enough.

• Options
    so a question, re: this episode
    all of the others in the gang recognize that they were lame in HS. but they all think dennis ruled the school, and everyone's brushing him off. when he gets weird and robotic in his standoff with the guy who fucked his prom date, the guy goes like 'same old dennis...'

was dennis a total loser in school and everyone in the gang's delusional?

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    so a question, re: this episode
    all of the others in the gang recognize that they were lame in HS. but they all think dennis ruled the school, and everyone's brushing him off. when he gets weird and robotic in his standoff with the guy who fucked his prom date, the guy goes like 'same old dennis...'

was dennis a total loser in school and everyone in the gang's delusional?
    I think he was just an asshole and it stopped working

charlie was amazing in this episode

• Options
    yeah. something i liked a lot about charlie's performance, and i may be reading too much into it
    this is one of the first (the first?) times charlie has referred to any of his weird substance issues as 'getting high'. his wording was like 'i'm just gonna get high and be sad like usual'. i dunno if using the word high (in addition to huff) was an accident but it really made me feel for the guy in a way that i sometimes don't, because his huffing and inhaling and eating things is based in so much ridiculous comedy. i really liked the presentation of charlie as a tortured soul.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    yeah. something i liked a lot about charlie's performance, and i may be reading too much into it
    this is one of the first (the first?) times charlie has referred to any of his weird substance issues as 'getting high'. his wording was like 'i'm just gonna get high and be sad like usual'. i dunno if using the word high (in addition to huff) was an accident but it really made me feel for the guy in a way that i sometimes don't, because his huffing and inhaling and eating things is based in so much ridiculous comedy. i really liked the presentation of charlie as a tortured soul.
    The episode seemed to portray him that way and I also felt like the term had that affect, I hope it was on purpose.