As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SW:TOR] Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Thread

• Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if the specs for this have been released or not?

• Options
    TrumbotTrumbot DJ On the one.Registered User regular
    The minimum specs have been released, yes. They're pretty low and I'd link em if I wasn't on my phone

10aeb40c239e9f62.png
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Processor:

* AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
    * Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

Operating System:

* Windows XP or later

RAM:

* Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
    * Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM
    * Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Video Card:

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

* ATI X1800 or better
    * nVidia 7800 or better
    * Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM drive - 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only)

Internet connection required to play.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote:
    reVerse wrote:
    You know what I'd like to get rid of in MMOs? Bound loot. Done using that nice robe? Sell it on the AH.

Then you have people that just farm/buy gold, buy all the raid stuff of the AH and get geared without having to step foot in an instance.

The whole idea behind Binding loot is that people have to overcome the challenge to earn it, not just buy it.

I've got no problem with this. I'm no MMO vet so when I read the question, I too wondered why we had bound loot, so thank you for giving the answer.

Is it so hard to just play the damned game to get your loot. Let's get real here, the vast majority of these missions and stories are easy...easy. all they require is a modest time investment. What's more difficult, playing the game, or or having to spend more of your RL money to pay some gold farmer to buy loot that you can't even use because you haven't met the level requirements yet because you haven't played the game.

Just play!

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I just finished watching the Esseles flashpoint trailer. I couldn't help but notice that they made the trooper look an awfully lot like Soap from the Modern Warfare series. I wonder if that was intentional?

• Options
    jagerboltjagerbolt Registered User regular
    Loot bags FTW. This actually changes my opinion on whether raiding will be worth it or not. I still remember my roomie waking me up screaming and yelling about how the worst dps in the raid got the best hunter bow or whatever purple that had dropped. Less nerdrage the better.

And that flashpoint. Wow. Hope there are many difficult choices like that throughout the game.

d89dcff329912a4f.png
  • Options
    devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Maz- wrote:
    So, according to this post in the TOR thread on mmo-champion

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/874061-SWTOR-information-gathered-thus-far-from-various-sources?p=12473702&viewfull=1#post12473702

the NDA will be in effect all through the beta. Boo.
    Not sure that's a smart move on Bioware's behalf.

I'm betting that's a catch all more for story spoilers than anything. Come September, I don't think they'll be too hardset about the NDA with regards to more videos of people playing the starting world, but someone giving away big portions of the story, especially any possible twists or whatever, would probably piss off the developers substantially.

Arthil, can you replace the explanation of the professions with this please?
    Archaeology (Gathering)
    Archaeology is the study of crystal formations and archaeological finds. Crystal formations contain crystals that an Artificer can use to construct lightsaber modifications and armor for Force users. Archaeological finds contain artifact fragments of Force-imbued technology. These valuable items contain ancient formulas and algorithms used in Artifice and Synthweaving. Archaeological finds possibly conceal rare datacron components that are used in the creation of attribute-enhancing Matrix Cubes. Archaeologists can send their companions on missions to gather resources.

Bioanalysis (Gathering)
    Bioanalysis is the practice of collecting genetic material from creatures and vegetation. Genetic materials include cell fibers, bacterial strains, toxic extracts, and medicinal fluids. Biochemists use these materials to create medpacs to restore health, stimulants (one-time injections) that provide a boost to physical abilities, and biological implants that enhance combat prowess by stimulating neural networks and regulating brain stem functions. The crafting skill Biochem utilizes Bioanalysis resources. Bioanalysts can send their companions on missions to gather resources.

Scavenging (Gathering)
    Scavenging is the art of salvaging useful parts and base materials such as metals, alloys, and synthetic components from potential technological resources – junk piles, fallen droids, abandoned cargo, and broken-down vehicles. The crafting skills Armormech, Armstech, and Cybertech utilize Scavenging resources. Scavengers can send their companions on missions to gather resources.

Slicing (Gathering)
    Slicing is the art of accessing secure computer systems and lockboxes to acquire valuable items, credits, and tech materials. Common slicing targets include electronic safes, data stations, security mainframes, and biometric footlockers. They contain lockboxes that can yield valuable items, credits, rare tech materials used to construct prototype and artifact droid armor and generators, and mission discovery objects that unlock challenging missions that can potentially yield great rewards. Slicers can send their companions on missions to retrieve these valuable items.

Armormech (Crafting)
    Armormech is the ability to work with hard metals, alloys, and synthetic materials to construct armor for non-Force users. Vendor-purchased fluxes are used during the armor creation process to refine the materials to ensure suitability. Armormechs can reverse engineer their crafted armor and possible discover new ways to improve armor creation. The gathering skill Scavenging provides crafting resources for Armormech.

Armstech (Crafting)
    Armstech is the ability to work with hard metals, alloys, and synthetic materials to craft blasters and blaster modifications. Vendor-purchased fluxes are used during the blaster creation process to refine the materials to ensure suitability. Crafted blasters include blaster, pistols blaster rifles, sniper rifles, and assault cannons. Blaster modifications include scopes, barrels, and triggers. Armstech can reverse engineer and possibly discover new ways to improve blaster creation. The gathering skill Scavenging provides crafting resources for Armstech.

Artifice (Crafting)
    Artifice is the delicate skill of constructing lightsaber modifications, armor overlays and underlays, focii, and feet and wrist items for Force users. Lightsaber modifications include power crystals, color crystals, focus lens, hilts, and emitter matrices that augment a Force user's combat attributes. Color crystals also determine the lightsaber's beam color. Armor overlays and underlays provide additional armor protection and augment combat prowess. Artificers can reverse engineer their crafted focii, feet, and wrist armor and possibly discover new ways tom improve armor creation. The gathering skill Archaeology provides crafting resources for Artifice.

Biochem (Crafting)
    Biochem is the skill involved in crafting medical supplies, performance-enhancing chemical serums, and biological implants. Biochemists use these materials to create medpacs to restore health, stimulants (one-time injections) that provide a boost to physical abilities, and biological implants that enhance combat prowess by stimulating neural networks and regulating brain stem functions. Biochemists can reverse engineer their crafted implants and possibly discover new ways to improve implant creation. The gathering skill Bioanalysis provides crafting resources for Biochem.

Cybertech (Crafting)
    Cybertech is the skill to assemble droid armor, earpieces, grenades, armor overlays and underlays, electro weapons, generators, and feet and wrist items for non-Force users. Armor overlays and underlays provide additional armor protection and augment combat ability. Earpieces are external mini-computers that are worn on or near the ear. They enhance combat prowess by giving audio and visual feedback to the wearer or through direct neural feedback via an external nerve relay. Cybertechs can reverse engineer their crafted droid, feet and wrist armor, earpieces, electro weapons, and generators, and possibly discover new ways to improve their creation. The gathering skill Scavenging provides crafting resources for Cybertech.

Synthweaving (Crafting)
    Synthweaving is the process of fabricating synthetic materials out of crystals, various chemicals, and artifact fragments to construct armor for Force users. Vendors provide premade solutions, suspensions, and composites that are used during the Synthweaving process. Synthweavers can reverse engineer their crafted armor and possibly discover new ways to improve armor creation. The gathering skill Archaeology provides crafting resources for Synthweaving.

Treasure Hunting (Missions)
    Treasure Hunting is the ability to track down and recover valuable items by following a series of clues. Companions sent on Treasure Hunting missions can return with rare gemstones used to construct prototype and artifact earpieces, focii, blasters, and electro weapons, lockboxes that can contain valuable items or credits, and gifts for companions to raise their Affection rating.

Underworld Trading (Missions)
    Underworld Trading entails the exchange of goods and services on the galactic black market. Sending your companions on Underworld Trading missions can yield rare spices used to construct prototype and artifact implants, rare heavy armor crafting materials used to construct prototype and artifact droid and heavy armor, and gifts for companions to raise their Affection rating.

Diplomacy (Missions)
    Diplomacy is the art of conducting and managing negations. Sending your companions on diplomatic missions can influence your light side or dark side standing. In addition to light side and dark side influence, possible Diplomacy rewards include rare light armor crafting materials used to construct prototype light armor, and gifts for companions to raise their Affection rating.

Investigation (Missions)
    Investigation is the skill of researching, gathering, analyzing, and decoding secret information. Sending your companions on Investigation missions can yield valuable items in the form of rare medium armor crafting materials used to construct prototype and artifact medium armor, prototype schematics for all crafts, and gifts for companions to raise their Affection rating.

devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • Options
    tricontricon Registered User regular
    devCharles wrote:

I'm betting that's a catch all more for story spoilers than anything. Come September, I don't think they'll be too hardset about the NDA with regards to more videos of people playing the starting world, but someone giving away big portions of the story, especially any possible twists or whatever, would probably piss off the developers substantially.
    Considering that we know from beta site some spoilers like raven I doub't the can hide much anymore. Sites like the database http://r2-db.com/ maybe follow nda, other nah. swtorhead???
    Good luck to avoid them without a media lockout..

justswtor posted a new trooper video:http://www.multiupload.com/WAXA579OM6
    You can follow the thread at: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/874061-SWTOR-information-gathered-thus-far-from-various-sources/page820++++
    [...]
    That will be coming soon. I have quite a few videos like the one I just sent

I have a 40 minute (Esseles flashpoint vid), Imperial agent from lvl 3 to 10, the jedi sentinel that is on its way and another 35 minute questing vid. stick around. (Damn, I just felt like Arnold Schwarzenegger when I just said that)

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to that imperial agent vid.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Under Artifice: and wrist armor and possibly discover new ways tom improve armor creation

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    spamfilterspamfilter Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    ironzerg wrote:
    ironzerg wrote:

Granted, it does create situation where guilds might enforce a "all loot from bags is guild loot until distributed" drama, but ultimately people have the choice to be a part (or not) of that guild.
    spamfilter wrote:
    That's not really enforceable because how do you know what was in someone's loot bag? It just goes to his inventory, and he can give you any piece of crap in his inventory and tell you that's what dropped for him, and there is no way to tell if he's BSing.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Or how the above statement is even applicable.

Someone says, "Hey I got a [Super Charged Blaster] in my bag. I already have it. Anyone else need?"

I'm talking about trading the loot FROM the bag, not playing bag trade lottery with each other.

I am talking about your proposed scenario of "guilds might enforce a 'all loot from bags is guild loot until distributed' drama", and how it's not feasibly enforceable.

spamfilter on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I'll be interested in seeing how big the reward actually is from these bags, assuming the idea is that everybody in the group gets one.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    spamfilter wrote:
    ironzerg wrote:
    ironzerg wrote:

Granted, it does create situation where guilds might enforce a "all loot from bags is guild loot until distributed" drama, but ultimately people have the choice to be a part (or not) of that guild.
    spamfilter wrote:
    That's not really enforceable because how do you know what was in someone's loot bag? It just goes to his inventory, and he can give you any piece of crap in his inventory and tell you that's what dropped for him, and there is no way to tell if he's BSing.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Or how the above statement is even applicable.

Someone says, "Hey I got a [Super Charged Blaster] in my bag. I already have it. Anyone else need?"

I'm talking about trading the loot FROM the bag, not playing bag trade lottery with each other.

I am talking about your proposed scenario of "guilds might enforce a 'all loot from bags is guild loot until distributed' drama", and how it's not feasibly enforceable.

It's very easy to set up a loot system where when you open the bag, a seperate loot notification is given in chat. WoW does this.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    going throught SWTOR website and re-watching most of the videos. Can I just play this game already?

• Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    Im sure that this has been discussed at length... but that vid with them blasting the techies out the airlock... So, in these games isnt it always about getting as far over to the light or dark side as possible? Or does it not reward you as strongly?

What I'm getting at is that if you're an Imp you'll always to evil because you want those points...?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    devCharles wrote:
    I look forward to playing this game substantially in my business school classes. I am a little concerned about the potential damage this game will wreck on this current batch of engineering majors like WoW did in 2005.

How now, I was in school during 2005. And still finished my BS and MS in EE with a 4.0! It's all about moderation! I did spend a lot of time playing, though....

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Decoy wrote:
    This was taken from Stephen Reid, Senior Online Community Manager, from the official forums. Finally clarification on the 'loot bags'.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7811164#edit7811164
    'Loot containers' (name is still a work in progress!) do indeed exist and are designed to alleviate the frustration some feel around high-level loot drops.

As it's currently implemented, at the end of a key encounter within an Operation, upon looting a high-level opponent, everyone in the Operations group will get an individual container which has a chance to give you a random piece of loot that's specific to your class. It could be part of an armor set, a weapon, and so on. If you don't get loot, you'll get commendations which can be used to purchase gear.

Please note, this feature is currently in Game Testing and may well be modified before launch.

I know I mentioned it earlier, but I can't stress enough how great I think this is.

I agree. I do hope it is still random, though. While some people would love to be able to get a complete set in 2-3 raids (1 item per boss, say 4 bosses per Op... ), it will just put that content, which is intended to hold people over for a noticeable amount of time, out of the picture too quickly. The random thing would mean that fresh people would pretty much be guaranteed to get a lot of stuff fast, but it would take time to get it all. However, in terms of catching up, they could likely get gear fast enough that in 2-3 weeks they are ready for the next tier.
    Arthil wrote:
    2: Most of the time you are not dealing with people who don't have hard feelings about it. The sad state of things is, the internet is filled with cockgobbling goose honking douchebags.

This. Some days I thought I was the only one who wasn't this. Something would drop that I could use and needed, but I'd pass. Upon being asked why, I'd respond 'because I'm 1/2/3 on the DPS charts. Other people could use it more than me.' and be met with this 'I don't understand' aura coming from the officers. And I wasn't be elitist, just pointing out that I'd rather boost everyone else so as a whole we can proceed.

I like the loot bag idea. As others said, it basically destroys drama over loot distribution. As mentioned, I hope it is random, to at least prevent complete gearing in a few runs. I do, though, hope that the stuff in the bags is stuff you can use, i.e. no Light 4 items if you are only Light 2. An item dropping that you already have, or something that you can use but is really for a different spec is fine. But if they add alignment randomness to it I can only imagine it making it worse.
    ironzerg wrote:
    reVerse wrote:
    You know what I'd like to get rid of in MMOs? Bound loot. Done using that nice robe? Sell it on the AH.

Then you have people that just farm/buy gold, buy all the raid stuff of the AH and get geared without having to step foot in an instance.

The whole idea behind Binding loot is that people have to overcome the challenge to earn it, not just buy it.

The real issue isn't that. It's having people rolling on loot others can use for the sheer fact that they can sell it. This was the issue in EQ. And why games started binding items upon equip or looting.

Also, it's a control mechanism to slow progression down. Which, while some argue otherwise, is critical for a company as it provides them time to try and have new content ready and available prior to the previous content becoming obsolete.

am0n on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Just watched the Jedi Sentinel video..great stuff. I don't care if it the most played this, it's freaking awesome.

Although watching that guy click every. single. ability. hurt me, deep inside.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    ChaosRedChaosRed Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote:
    Oh no, someone didn't earn their purple pixels, the knave.

Hahaha, I loved this comment. I just might have to steal it and use it when the time is right.

dbf1147f15514b46.png
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote:
    Although watching that guy click every. single. ability. hurt me, deep inside.

I actually appreciate that since the information is so difficult to release it's good to know which ability they use. Now when the game becomes an eSport you won't be seeing any recorded action of clickers.

• Options
    ChronocideChronocide Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The thing I really like about loot bags is how you can have the anticipation of 'what will I get' without anyone else being a dick and imposing themselves on that.
    "Chronocide receives lvl 30 Cubicron of loot" r-click
    "What loot bag do you wish to open, item bag, crafting bag, cash bag etc.
    Well I'm level 27 so the items in this bag should be pretty good, but I do need more monies for that Speeder I wanted...
    All this is cutting out the hand wringing and tough talking to stop people stealing everything and anything.

Sure after the fact when you get messages like "Chronocide receives 1,000 spacebux" over some purple item but I like having that loot 'drive' being a personal thing.

Chronocide on
  • Options
    This is a very interesting bit from a PC Gamer UK interview with one of the TOR developers, on the Eternity Vault operation:

''At one point, you'll be facing the entourage of one of the uber-Force wielders [Bioware are keen to avoid saying who this is]. Everyone in the group has to pick one to fight. You have this Luke/Vader type moment where it's a one-on-one boss fight but everyone is in audience.''

Now that sounds awesome.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    That sentinel clip is was rather swell. Hopefully they fix the way the companion can force jump onto the same place as the player thing. At least have them shift to the side afterward to avoid the awkward stacking.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    devCharles wrote:
    Archaeology (Gathering)
    Archaeology is the study of crystal formations and archaeological finds. Crystal formations contain crystals that an Artificer can use to construct lightsaber modifications and armor for Force users. Archaeological finds contain artifact fragments of Force-imbued technology. These valuable items contain ancient formulas and algorithms used in Artifice and Synthweaving. Archaeological finds possibly conceal rare datacron components that are used in the creation of attribute-enhancing Matrix Cubes. Archaeologists can send their companions on missions to gather resources.

Bioanalysis (Gathering)
    Bioanalysis is the practice of collecting genetic material from creatures and vegetation. Genetic materials include cell fibers, bacterial strains, toxic extracts, and medicinal fluids. Biochemists use these materials to create medpacs to restore health, stimulants (one-time injections) that provide a boost to physical abilities, and biological implants that enhance combat prowess by stimulating neural networks and regulating brain stem functions. The crafting skill Biochem utilizes Bioanalysis resources. Bioanalysts can send their companions on missions to gather resources.

Scavenging (Gathering)
    Scavenging is the art of salvaging useful parts and base materials such as metals, alloys, and synthetic components from potential technological resources – junk piles, fallen droids, abandoned cargo, and broken-down vehicles. The crafting skills Armormech, Armstech, and Cybertech utilize Scavenging resources. Scavengers can send their companions on missions to gather resources.

Slicing (Gathering)
    Slicing is the art of accessing secure computer systems and lockboxes to acquire valuable items, credits, and tech materials. Common slicing targets include electronic safes, data stations, security mainframes, and biometric footlockers. They contain lockboxes that can yield valuable items, credits, rare tech materials used to construct prototype and artifact droid armor and generators, and mission discovery objects that unlock challenging missions that can potentially yield great rewards. Slicers can send their companions on missions to retrieve these valuable items.

Armormech (Crafting)
    Armormech is the ability to work with hard metals, alloys, and synthetic materials to construct armor for non-Force users. Vendor-purchased fluxes are used during the armor creation process to refine the materials to ensure suitability. Armormechs can reverse engineer their crafted armor and possible discover new ways to improve armor creation. The gathering skill Scavenging provides crafting resources for Armormech.

Armstech (Crafting)
    Armstech is the ability to work with hard metals, alloys, and synthetic materials to craft blasters and blaster modifications. Vendor-purchased fluxes are used during the blaster creation process to refine the materials to ensure suitability. Crafted blasters include blaster, pistols blaster rifles, sniper rifles, and assault cannons. Blaster modifications include scopes, barrels, and triggers. Armstech can reverse engineer and possibly discover new ways to improve blaster creation. The gathering skill Scavenging provides crafting resources for Armstech.

Artifice (Crafting)
    Artifice is the delicate skill of constructing lightsaber modifications, armor overlays and underlays, focii, and feet and wrist items for Force users. Lightsaber modifications include power crystals, color crystals, focus lens, hilts, and emitter matrices that augment a Force user's combat attributes. Color crystals also determine the lightsaber's beam color. Armor overlays and underlays provide additional armor protection and augment combat prowess. Artificers can reverse engineer their crafted focii, feet, and wrist armor and possibly discover new ways tom improve armor creation. The gathering skill Archaeology provides crafting resources for Artifice.

Biochem (Crafting)
    Biochem is the skill involved in crafting medical supplies, performance-enhancing chemical serums, and biological implants. Biochemists use these materials to create medpacs to restore health, stimulants (one-time injections) that provide a boost to physical abilities, and biological implants that enhance combat prowess by stimulating neural networks and regulating brain stem functions. Biochemists can reverse engineer their crafted implants and possibly discover new ways to improve implant creation. The gathering skill Bioanalysis provides crafting resources for Biochem.

Cybertech (Crafting)
    Cybertech is the skill to assemble droid armor, earpieces, grenades, armor overlays and underlays, electro weapons, generators, and feet and wrist items for non-Force users. Armor overlays and underlays provide additional armor protection and augment combat ability. Earpieces are external mini-computers that are worn on or near the ear. They enhance combat prowess by giving audio and visual feedback to the wearer or through direct neural feedback via an external nerve relay. Cybertechs can reverse engineer their crafted droid, feet and wrist armor, earpieces, electro weapons, and generators, and possibly discover new ways to improve their creation. The gathering skill Scavenging provides crafting resources for Cybertech.

Synthweaving (Crafting)
    Synthweaving is the process of fabricating synthetic materials out of crystals, various chemicals, and artifact fragments to construct armor for Force users. Vendors provide premade solutions, suspensions, and composites that are used during the Synthweaving process. Synthweavers can reverse engineer their crafted armor and possibly discover new ways to improve armor creation. The gathering skill Archaeology provides crafting resources for Synthweaving.

Treasure Hunting is the ability to track down and recover valuable items by following a series of clues. Companions sent on Treasure Hunting missions can return with rare gemstones used to construct prototype and artifact earpieces, focii, blasters, and electro weapons, lockboxes that can contain valuable items or credits, and gifts for companions to raise their Affection rating.

Underworld Trading entails the exchange of goods and services on the galactic black market. Sending your companions on Underworld Trading missions can yield rare spices used to construct prototype and artifact implants, rare heavy armor crafting materials used to construct prototype and artifact droid and heavy armor, and gifts for companions to raise their Affection rating.

Diplomacy (Missions)
    Diplomacy is the art of conducting and managing negations. Sending your companions on diplomatic missions can influence your light side or dark side standing. In addition to light side and dark side influence, possible Diplomacy rewards include rare light armor crafting materials used to construct prototype light armor, and gifts for companions to raise their Affection rating.

Investigation (Missions)
    Investigation is the skill of researching, gathering, analyzing, and decoding secret information. Sending your companions on Investigation missions can yield valuable items in the form of rare medium armor crafting materials used to construct prototype and artifact medium armor, prototype schematics for all crafts, and gifts for companions to raise their Affection rating.
    Time to make a spreadsheet to figure out how to be self-sufficient with just four characters!
    Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior
    Archaeology
    Artifice
    Treasure Hunting

Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor
    Bioanalysis
    Biochem
    Diplomacy

Trooper/Bounty Hunter
    Scavenging
    Cybertech
    Investigation

Smuggler/Imperial Agent
    Slicing
    Armstech
    Underworld Trading

Skipping Armortech and Synthweaving since each character can only have one crafting skill, and making armor is less useful than the underlays.

grrarg on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I want to know some more specific stuff about the crafting skills. Biochem makes Ye Olde Potions, but it also makes "biological implants". Those sound interesting.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    grrarg wrote:
    devCharles wrote:
    Archaeology (Gathering)

Bioanalysis (Gathering)

Scavenging (Gathering)

Slicing (Gathering)

Armormech (Crafting)

Armstech (Crafting)

Artifice (Crafting)

Biochem (Crafting)

Cybertech (Crafting)

Synthweaving (Crafting)

Diplomacy (Missions)

Investigation (Missions)
    Time to make a spreadsheet to figure out how to be self-sufficient with just four characters!
    Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior
    Archaeology
    Artifice
    Treasure Hunting

Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor
    Bioanalysis
    Biochem
    Diplomacy

Trooper/Bounty Hunter
    Scavenging
    Cybertech
    Investigation

Smuggler/Imperial Agent
    Slicing
    Armstech
    Underworld Trading

Skipping Armortech and Synthweaving since each character can only have one crafting skill, and making armor is less useful than the underlays.

Wow uh, it appears that's a no-can-do. I think they may have took an axe to how much text can be in a post cause all of that makes it too much =(

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Think I'll call dibs on Artifice for my guild. Artifice/Archaeology and something else.

• Options
    TrumbotTrumbot DJ On the one.Registered User regular
    From the companion info I've read up on so far, this is how I am personally planning to allocate the craft skills to each class based on what the companions are good at:

Trooper (2 companions known)= (ARMORMECH, SCAVENGING, DIPLOMACY)
    +10 Armstech-E (1), Biochem-E (2), Bioanalysis-E (2)
    +2 Diplomacy-C (1)

Smuggler (2 companions known)= (ARMSTECH, SCAVENGING, UNDERWORLD TRADING)
    +10 Cybertech-E (2), Scavenging-E (2)
    +5 Underworld Trading-E (1), Armstech-C (1)

Jedi Consular (2 companions known)= (ARTIFICE, ARCHAEOLOGY, SLICING)
    +15 Archaeology-? (1)
    +10 Cybertech-? (2), Slicing-? (2)
    +5 Biochem-? (1)

Jedi Knight (4 companions known)= (SYNTHWEAVING, ARCHAEOLOGY, INVESTIGATION)
    +10 Armstech-E (4), Scavenging-E (4), Artifice-E (5), Archaeology-E (5)
    +5 Synthweaving-C (2), Underworld Trading-E (3), Biochem-C (3)
    +1 Investigation-C (2)

Bounty Hunter (complete)= (ARMORMECH, SCAVENGING, SLICING)
    +15 Slicing-E (1), Armormech-E (4)
    +10 Underworld Trading-E (2), Investigation-E (3), Scavenging-E (5)
    +5 Cybertech-E (1)
    +2 Biochem-C (2), Bioanalysis-C (3), Treasure Hunting-C (5)
    +1 Armstech-C (3)

Imperial Agent (4 companions known)= (BIOCHEM, BIOANALYSIS, DIPLOMACY)
    +15 Biochem-E (3)
    +10 Armstech-E (1), Investigation-E (3), Scavenging-E (4)
    +5 Bioanalysis-E (2), Diplomacy-C (2)
    +2 Underworld Trading-C (1), Armormech-C (4)

Sith Inquisitor (complete)= (ARTIFICE, ARCHAEOLOGY, UNDERWORLD TRADING)
    +15 Artifice-E (1)
    +10 Synthweaving-E (3), Diplomacy-E (3), Bioanalysis-E (5)
    +5 Investigation-E (1), Treasure Hunting-E (4), Archaeology-C (4)
    +2 Slicing-C (2), Underworld Trading-C (2), Scavenging-C (5)

Sith Warrior (complete)= (SYNTHWEAVING, ARCHAEOLOGY, TREASURE HUNTING)
    +10 Armstech-E (2), Diplomacy-E (2), Cybertech-E (4), Scavenging-E (5)
    +5 Underworld Trading-E (1), Treasure Hunting-C (1), Archaeology-E (3), Synthweaving-C (3)
    +2 Investigation-C (4), Bioanalysis-C (5)

10aeb40c239e9f62.png
  • Options
    SaboSabo Registered User regular
    you have been hit with a massive wall of text critical.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Arthil wrote:
    Wow uh, it appears that's a no-can-do. I think they may have took an axe to how much text can be in a post cause all of that makes it too much =(

Scroll down below that there op.

Problem solved! Yay me, I'm so fine, I'm so fine I blow my mind :whistle:

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote:

Bound loot did away with the problem of the best gear being available to whoever spends the most money on websites that sell ingame currency, I'm happy with this.

• Options
    You're the best...around, Basil.

The critical stuff is all likely subject to change before release through tweaking, so it's just a guideline at this point at how it will sort of work.

• Options
    spamfilterspamfilter Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So I read that there is a rumor that the largest guilds are going to get beta invites for the entire guild. So if anybody reading this thread who's not in the PA guild, do it asap, I *NEED* to get in the beta.

spamfilter on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Aren't both our Republic and Empire guild two of the bigger ones around?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yeah. Both guilds are the 11th largest guilds for their respective faction in the PVE, East Coast category. Both are in the top 100 for their respective factions in terms of size for all categories. It's pretty impressive considering there are like 55K guilds.

devCharles on
  • Options
    DrCongoDrCongo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That reminded me to finally apply to the EU guild (name: TNGL). So. Guild application: check. Preorder: check. And now... I wait.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    So, just got around to watching the Essels walkthrough on the main website.

Highly amusing that everyone choose to space the extras.

• Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I think they told everyone to choose that option just for the shock factor, plus to show the little cutscene. The results were far more memorable than just turning around and scouring the ship for the power conductors or whatever.

BTW, I applied to the Republic guild. Name is the same.

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Yeah, I totally get that, just kinda funny that they all shuffled their feet and looked away. As an aside, those poor saps who got 'locked took it like a champ. No real screaming or pleading.

• Options
    Echo wrote:
    Think I'll call dibs on Artifice for my guild. Artifice/Archaeology and something else.

Swell, I'm planning on taking Synthweaving on my JK, so we've got that covered.

I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking about not watching every single leaked video, and there are really a lot of them these days. For one, I want to avoid spoilers (well, further spoilers..I only got spoiled on THE END OF THE FREAKING JEDI KNIGHT CLASS STORY). Also, I really want to stay excited about this game for as long as possible, and I prefer to be excited when I'm playing the actual game, not just watching videos.

This discussion has been closed.