As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NYC/NJ] hangout thread: so, what are you doing this weekend?

• Options
    AnarCHrisAnarCHris Trash Lord New York CityRegistered User regular
    its so nice outside but i cant even move :( Went to see green day last night and my body just HURTS.

btw. Hi, im elle and im new here x3

They played at the Barclay last night Y/Y? Legit mad that A) I haven't seen ANYTHING, be it a concert or game there yet B) I missed that in lieu of watching a shitty rasslin PPV last night.

I'm working until 5:30 today, and the wife is sick, so ideally if the gym isn't a madhouse tonight, I'll spend some time there tonight.

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Days like this are the only reason I hate working 1-9pm, inside the whole day.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I guess I should finish watching season 2 of GoT.....

• Options
    bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    If I can get out of the house by 8pm today it should be the perfect night to go for a run, and i'll be back well before it's set to rain. 60 degrees in my area is a nice reprieve.

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    its so nice outside but i cant even move :( Went to see green day last night and my body just HURTS.

btw. Hi, im elle and im new here x3

Welcome, elle!
    yeah, I know the feeling, re: concerts and then working the following day, heh.

(speaking of which, I would really like to go to Arlene's again at some point, but definitely not tonight, my sleep schedule has been fuckawful the past few weeks, I've been unusually stressed out)

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    @bebarce -- you're in the ny/nj area?

• Options
    Yeah. Technically these past 30 minutes are my first foray into Debate and Discourse.

Stockholm, NJ - Just as you get into Sussex. Before that Clifton. I just helped Spawnbroker move into his apartment.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Bebarce is the best. Also, holy crap what made you start posting in D&D? Now I get to internet stalk you on here AND facebook!

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    I was thinking. I have a ton of deadlines at work. They're all bearing down on me with the weight of a mountain. What better thing to do then begin engaging in discussions that literally require constant viewing in order to keep up to pace.

• Options
    hahaha! nice. I know I have seen you poking around in the AC and TWB.

also: Sussex. heh, that is nexus's old homestead...

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2013
    bebarce wrote: »
    I was thinking. I have a ton of deadlines at work. They're all bearing down on me with the weight of a mountain. What better thing to do then begin engaging in discussions that literally require constant viewing in order to keep up to pace.
    Nothing makes deadlines more exciting than starting to tackle the associated project as close to the deadline as possible.

James Bond escaping the crotch laser 10 minutes before it cooks his junk isn't exciting.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    elleecstaticelleecstatic Registered User regular
    @AnarCHris-yess! and it was AWESOME! Got them to sign my hoodie. So far ive been to 5 concerts already. it would be 6 but Lady Gaga cancelled her tour. I still have about 5 or 6 more left before years end. Before Green Day I saw Coheed and Cambria at Radio City.

@tapeslinger Yea, im glad im free this whole week. I can just sleep off everything.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    I've seen you around as well mainly remembering you because your avatar looks like Death. (Not an insult, I mean Sandman's sister.)

edit: I've technically been poking around the AC for 7 years now. Never really branched out all that much.

bebarce on
  • Options
    God know's I could use a good Crotch Lasering

...no wait...

• Options
    I just realized that this thread is on page 99....

I'm only about a half hour away from stockholm when I'm at work.

• Options
    What town do you work in?

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    shut up shut up shut up shut up

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So who among us dares make the NYC Community thread Mk II?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Heh I'm pretty sure it would be offensive to you fine digital Denizens if I did. So I'm out.

• Options
    @AnarCHris-yess! and it was AWESOME! Got them to sign my hoodie. So far ive been to 5 concerts already. it would be 6 but Lady Gaga cancelled her tour. I still have about 5 or 6 more left before years end. Before Green Day I saw Coheed and Cambria at Radio City.

I think Rammstein was my last non-convention concert I saw, and that was about a year ago in Long Island.

And how is C&C live. I've HEARD their stuff live via streaming, but too hear a concert and see one is a totally different thing. Not to mention some bands are not good live.

• Options
    Heh I'm pretty sure it would be offensive to you fine digital Denizens if I did. So I'm out.
    Well you haven't been brought over for the ritual witch sex party with the naked goat man yet. So yeah, you are out.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    wait...so what goat man sex party DID I attend?

• Options
    I've seen you around as well mainly remembering you because your avatar looks like Death. (Not an insult, I mean Sandman's sister.)

edit: I've technically been poking around the AC for 7 years now. Never really branched out all that much.

it uh
    is Death
    if I don't have a "better" costume for a party or Halloween or whatever I usually pull out the combat boots and the black wig and ankh :)

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    Well you haven't been brought over for the ritual witch sex party with the naked goat man yet. So yeah, you are out.

you better not take my thread from me you bastard
    it's like all I got goin' for me

• Options

Hey, I'm not gunning for it.

My desire to steward threads here died in... 2006?

Just making sure someone is there to save us for when Geth nukes us from orbit.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    AnarCHris wrote: »
    I think Rammstein was my last non-convention concert I saw, and that was about a year ago in Long Island.

That's one band I'd love to see live but never get the chance to. I wish they'd play in the actual city. I refuse to go to a stadium an hour away by myself on a weeknight but that's always the deal. Grr.

• Options
    AnarCHris wrote: »

And how is C&C live. I've HEARD their stuff live via streaming, but too hear a concert and see one is a totally different thing. Not to mention some bands are not good live.

It was great. like amazing. Fortunately ive haven't seen any bands that sucked live. I heard Atreyu sucked pretty bad live, im glad i didnt see them when they were touring.

• Options

hahaha!
    I have the OP text in my Evernote, so I feel like I could probably cover it. :D

• Options

dont worry im here.
    3470_10151320852257915_971716117_n.jpg

• Options
    What town do you work in?

Near Dover, I live south of there near morristown

@BEAST! I wanted to notify you that there was a new post in the thread.

• Options
    you mean @BEAST! ? (that stupid ! makes it so hard to notify that buttdork of things we are saying about him)

• Options
    yeah sorry, @BEAST! there's some new posts to read.

• Options
    goddamn you jerks SHUT IT YOU FACE

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Hay @Beast!
    I'm having a thing in a few weeks and I was hoping you could help me find some liquor for this recipe Im looking to make. It's a special aperitif made from Enchanted Unicorn Sweat (NOT REGULAR UNICORN SWEAT) and can be purchased at an apothecary somewhere between 63rd Street and Narnia.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE

• Options
    ya gotta use the quote marks, deebs
    otherwise beasteroni is going to keep ignoring us right in our stupid faces :(

• Options
  • Options
    I see the request, despite nobody knowing how to say my name.

I'm looking for it right now, @Deebaser.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    the @ tagging will continue until morale improves

• Options
    riz wrote: »
    That's one band I'd love to see live but never get the chance to. I wish they'd play in the actual city. I refuse to go to a stadium an hour away by myself on a weeknight but that's always the deal. Grr.

Their first show back in the States was at MSG late 2010 (on a Saturday night). So um, oops?
    I ended up selling my ticket to a friend for the MSG show, but was rewarded by being able to see them 6 months later in NJ on a Thursday night (which was dope), and said concert last year in Long Island, also on a Saturday night. Good stuff all around.

@elleecstatic The only bad I regret paying to see live was "Nightwish" when they wee touring with their new lead singer back in...2007, 2008? 2 whack openers, and they weren't too hot live, especially with said singer forgetting lyrics :/