As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2011 International Traveller's Delight

MaetrixMaetrix Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in PAX Archive
Hello those who are venturing from the furthest reaches of our globe to come to PAX. This is will be my first time at PAX and I've been looking forward to it since January. You see, I work overseas and had to bend the heavens and earth to make my schedule work.

I, myself, am flying in from Ethiopia. A journey that takes me anywhere from 27 to 34+ hours and covers upwards of 8542 miles (13,747 kms) from start until I arrive in Seattle for PAX.

I'm looking to reach out to all you other bedraggled travellers who span the glove for this event. How far is your trip? How many hours is your journey (layovers count as those who have travelled know; there's no way no layovers are restful.) I know some are coming from as far away as China, Finland and Australia.

Further more, I was looking for a place to trade travel tips and handy secrets for any others who many not be as versed with international travel but with the focus being on the journey itself.

Speak up and use this forum for bragging rights - because as any international traveller knows, the delight comes in knowing you merely survived.

--Mætrix--

Blog | Twitter | Raptr | BUTTONEER!
PAX2011 STATUS:"WAS MONDO AWESOME!"
PAX2012 STATUS:"Is it too soon yet?!"
Maetrix on

• Options
    tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    Both of these threads:

First Timer Advice

International Travellers Guide

should help serve your needs :D

• Options
    MaetrixMaetrix Registered User regular
    The International Traveller's Guide is a awesome resource for those who this is their first time travelling into the states.

Why I started this, and what I am looking for, is more of a hangout for fellow travellers to trade stories and collate experiences.

Blog | Twitter | Raptr | BUTTONEER!
    PAX2011 STATUS:"WAS MONDO AWESOME!"
    PAX2012 STATUS:"Is it too soon yet?!"