As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I love cats. I love every kind of cat.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    So my family's dog died Sunday while my Dad was in London and my brother just told me:

Mum told me he travelled all the way from London to see Lara, and that although Lara could not get up, she wagged her tail when she saw dad. Mum said dad talked to her the whole time and she didnt stop wagging her tail till the very end.

D'aw.

:cry:

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    Well on Tuesday we had lighting storms over Perth while I was doing my training I saw a dog that looked like it escaped during the storm. Tried to get close enough to read its tag but no luck I hope he's safe home now.

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote:
    If you dont want to be filled with burning rage, dont click this link.
    If you do, click the link, then get a blunt object and help me find people who do things like this cause they need to have some things explained to them properly about how to treat kittens.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57337836/kittens-discarded-in-cat-food-bag-rescued-by-dog/

That dog deserves a giant steak and infinite belly rubs

• Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    Well on Tuesday we had lighting storms over Perth while I was doing my training I saw a dog that looked like it escaped during the storm. Tried to get close enough to read its tag but no luck I hope he's safe home now.

Please let him be home safe.

• Options
    So we were set to get our puppy next Monday and then yesterday I received some bad news. Because this breed was derived partly from Dalmatians and carry the gene for a white coat, they can have genetic issues with deafness. Even though the parents were tested and did not have problems, the puppy we had picked apparently is completely deaf in one ear and near deaf in the other. It's rare, but it can happen.

The breeder can't release her to us for that reason. In those rare occasions she keeps the dog on her farm because they can have issues with biting if startled, even with family they're really close to and we have a young child at home. It would go against her ethical breeding license/standards/whatever.

So it looks like we'll be taking a different dog. There are 2 females from a different litter we could get, but I'm most likely going to select this little guy if I get my choice.

Sammy_2weeks.jpg

It just pushes back when we get him until early January. Having to tell my wife and son about the poor deaf puppy was hard, and worse is we still would have taken her, but because we're paying for it and have a small child it's just not possible.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Okay I have a cat question.

Sure, at this point of my cat history, not much surprises me about my furry friends...but i want to know if this is a common thing.

My calico seems to have a second behavioral personality that gets switched on every few months. I'm not sure if its weather related or not, and the main reason i doubt it is, is that the issue started before the weather really changed.

You know how a cat has a favorite spot, or a sleeping spot, or 'her' spot. well mine was on my bed. always on the sheet, never under the covers. I have a laundry basket thats been at the foot of my bed that she never goes into. When my alarm clock goes off in the morning, if shes not already in my bed, she knows its time for food, jumps in my bed and starts crawling over me mewing softly to get me up...sometimes shes lazy and doesnt even want to get out of bed.

Then the flip happens. I walk in my room to find her sleeping in the laundry basket. when shes not in the basket shes under my bed. She comes to wake me up for food about 45 minutes before the alarm when before this 'flip' she was late or very punctual. Going by the last few years behavior, she will probably start sleeping under the covers no matter what the weather is like (purely indoor cat, my apartment is kept warm). In about 6 months she probably will flip back to her other state. its just confusing what sets it off.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Sounds to me that the 'flip' may be no flip at all, azith! Does this thing where she starts waking you up early always occur roughly around the switch to daylight savings time?

Could be she is simply not observing the "fall back" rule!

Not sure about the laundry basket bit, but that may have something to do with her waking you early.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote:

Sure, at this point of my cat history, not much surprises me about my furry friends...but i want to know if this is a common thing.

My calico seems to have a second behavioral personality that gets switched on every few months. I'm not sure if its weather related or not, and the main reason i doubt it is, is that the issue started before the weather really changed.

You know how a cat has a favorite spot, or a sleeping spot, or 'her' spot. well mine was on my bed. always on the sheet, never under the covers. I have a laundry basket thats been at the foot of my bed that she never goes into. When my alarm clock goes off in the morning, if shes not already in my bed, she knows its time for food, jumps in my bed and starts crawling over me mewing softly to get me up...sometimes shes lazy and doesnt even want to get out of bed.

Then the flip happens. I walk in my room to find her sleeping in the laundry basket. when shes not in the basket shes under my bed. She comes to wake me up for food about 45 minutes before the alarm when before this 'flip' she was late or very punctual. Going by the last few years behavior, she will probably start sleeping under the covers no matter what the weather is like (purely indoor cat, my apartment is kept warm). In about 6 months she probably will flip back to her other state. its just confusing what sets it off.

One of my cats sleeps in the same exact place every day/night and has for the past 4 years. The other one changes sleeping spots practically every night. Some nights she'll sleep on one of the dining chairs, some she'll sleep under the couch, last night she slept on my leg...

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    My cat has figured out how to open my dresser drawers. :\

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    azith28 wrote:

Are you in the US? Could it just be daylight savings changing, since the timing change seems to be an hour off.

I only saying this because I was wondering if animals in the US collectively go wtf when we do daylights savings.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    Nah the dalight savings thing happen like a month ago, the waking me up just started, the sleeping in the basket like a week ago.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote:
    Nah the dalight savings thing happen like a month ago, the waking me up just started, the sleeping in the basket like a week ago.

Cats are crepuscular, meaning they are most active at dawn and dusk. But since dawn is now happening later every day, I would think the opposite of what you're experiencing would be happening.

• Options
    Well i assure you its an hour earlier shes waking me up not later :)

Whats annoying is that shes so blatently unpolite about it.
    its like. "I'll just sit here on his dresser top right above his head until he wakes up to feed me....hey look...I'll just drag this penny across the wooden top....slowly....then push it off onto the floor. hey heres another coin in his bowl....just pull it over...the top...and *clink*...*draggg*...*drop*. and sure if i go 'mew' really softly 6 inches from his head, it surely wont wake him...after all its not a full 'meow'. "

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    JoeUser wrote:
    azith28 wrote:

Cats are crepuscular, meaning they are most active at dawn and dusk. But since dawn is now happening later every day, I would think the opposite of what you're experiencing would be happening.

Rude

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    rude may be going a bit far. 'the boss of you' may be more accurate heh.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    One of the kittens took a big fall yesterday (10-12 feet, we think) and it was dazed for a while and only wanted to cuddle, not run or anything. But it seems to be acting a lot better now, more active and not showing any signs of pain.

Except during bathroom time. We are pretty sure they have worms of some sort, as they were outside for the first couple weeks of life.

Going to get them a small pan of non-clumping litter because they are starting to have accidents every once in a while, so it seems like they have no problem going to the bathroom on their own.

Need to get de-worming stuff for them though. (my girlfriend is doing pretty much all of this, I have not been over much)

Also
    http://i.imgur.com/8JKeF.gif

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    Last night, a baby squirrel found it's way into the house and into my bedroom. I wasn't able to catch it, so I brought the cat into the room. He's declawed so I figure if he can atleast catch it, I can put it back outside.

You know what he did?

He looked at it, then jumped on the bed and curled up and went to sleep.

Laziest fucking cat.

• Options
    Yuss, litter box is a success. They are both using it.

I love that cats do that instinctively and you do not need to train them.

Also might take pictures of kittens wrapped in christmas lights soon

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Aw, poor kitten! Still, at least cats are designed to fall somewhat well.

And yes, cats are greaaat at using litter boxes!

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    My only question/concern about getting 2 kitties is the bathroom I have here is INFINITELY small.
    As in, too small for me alone essentially, so there's no room for litter box in there.
    Have people had success with it in another place, i.e. the far end of my living room? (That room is HUGE)

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    neville wrote:
    My only question/concern about getting 2 kitties is the bathroom I have here is INFINITELY small.
    As in, too small for me alone essentially, so there's no room for litter box in there.
    Have people had success with it in another place, i.e. the far end of my living room? (That room is HUGE)
    pretty much anywhere should work. They generally dont like to be watched when they do their business. And you should put it where they will always have access.

If they have a problem they will leave you a present.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    If you clean it out on a regular basis you should not really have a smell problem.

Maybe stick an air freshener next to it or somethin

• Options
    Well, we picked our new puppy.

We went with a boy this time.

Sammy the awesome puppy should be home the first week of January

Sammy as of like 4pm today:
    Sammy1.jpg

Sammy2.jpg

Sammy when he was just 2 weeks old and still white:
    Sammy_2weeks.jpg

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Awwwww

he's such an adorable little guy

• Options
    That's a ridiculously adorable pup, Hunter

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    shoulda named him badger

• Options
    Antimatter wrote:
    shoulda named him badger

No, because I like him and he's a dog

• Options
    neville wrote:
    Two tips:

1. Get a huge mat to put underneath it, no matter where you put it. Some cats are very polite and like to cover up their poops and pees, but in doing so they tend to kick litter out quite a bit.

2. The Feline Pine litter is a great brand; smells good, and the pellet variety is really easy to scoop out/change

• Options
    oo thanks Janson
    i'll look into both!

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Rosa was extremely cuddly today

Picture16-3.png

Picture17-2.png

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    AwwWWwwW look at those paws

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Gus loves you all.

imgp7153u.jpg

Only time I can get an acceptable picture is when he's in his in-front-of-the-heater-comatose-state

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Aw @Hunter sorry to hear about the deaf puppy :( It sucks, I know, when we first started looking for a corgi my mum picked a little pup from a breeder but unfortunately he got ill and died before we could even see him in-person. The only good that came out of that was us getting our current corgi who was a reject dog sent back by 2 different families after being bought. Fools, he's a gem. But yay! You got your new pup! And he's adorable! :D

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    A very grumpy reject dog at that. He's probably curled up seeking refuge from the rain.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    Gatsby wrote:
    Aw @Hunter sorry to hear about the deaf puppy :( It sucks, I know, when we first started looking for a corgi my mum picked a little pup from a breeder but unfortunately he got ill and died before we could even see him in-person. The only good that came out of that was us getting our current corgi who was a reject dog sent back by 2 different families after being bought. Fools, he's a gem. But yay! You got your new pup! And he's adorable! :D

The worst part is us finding out like 4 or 5 days before we were due to get her. We should have been picking her up tomorrow.

Now I have to wait another month. Still the breeder says this guy has a lot of personality, is easy going, and will be a on the big side for a male of the breed. I look forward to getting him in a month.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Yo Nevs just teach your cats to use the toilet

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    that'd be creepy

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Rosa and Gus are adorable, aaahhhhhh