As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] For the Love of God Do Not Buy Space Siege

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote:
    Pre-purchase for Dungeon Defender is up! http://store.steampowered.com/app/65800/

10% off and a few in-game items: Portal Gun for the Huntress, and 4 TF2 class familiars.
    4-pack available too for a few bucks off!

Do you know if it's still supposed to be cross-compatible with the handheld versions of the game? It's been forever since I've heard anything about it.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    It amuses me that Orcs Must Die is going to release before Dungeon Defenders. Sure took them long enough, I idly wonder just how many sales they lost taking so long to release the game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote:
    vegeta_666 wrote:
    Pre-purchase for Dungeon Defender is up! http://store.steampowered.com/app/65800/

10% off and a few in-game items: Portal Gun for the Huntress, and 4 TF2 class familiars.
    4-pack available too for a few bucks off!

Do you know if it's still supposed to be cross-compatible with the handheld versions of the game? It's been forever since I've heard anything about it.

This is what the wiki FAQ for it says:

"What devices can play cross-platform with the PC?
    Currently the Android, iOS, PC and PS3 can play cross-platform."

http://dungeondefenders.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Have you guys ever read that Murder at Wayne Manor book?
    It's a little batman side-story about someone trying to frame Bruce Wayne for murder, and it's got all kinds of pull-out sleeves with evidence like coroner's reports and stuff in it. Pretty sweet.

Also, I just got the Witcher 2 on steam, and now that I'm not getting my ass handed to me, I recommend it heartily to you all!.

And The Binding of Isaac is fan-freakin-tastic, especially for 5 bucks.

Anyone know if steam is doing a deal for preordering Skyrim?

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Alright, who wants to go in on a Dungeon Defenders four-pack?

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Gaslight wrote:

I'd like too but all my funds are in my Steam Wallet that I can spend. So if anyone out wants to pay my slot in trade for a 10 dollar game (well, guess it comes out to 10 and change) of your choice, let me know.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Have you guys ever read that Murder at Wayne Manor book?
    It's a little batman side-story about someone trying to frame Bruce Wayne for murder, and it's got all kinds of pull-out sleeves with evidence like coroner's reports and stuff in it. Pretty sweet.

Also, I just got the Witcher 2 on steam, and now that I'm not getting my ass handed to me, I recommend it heartily to you all!.

And The Binding of Isaac is fan-freakin-tastic, especially for 5 bucks.

Anyone know if steam is doing a deal for preordering Skyrim?

You should preorder a physical copy so you get the cloth map that comes in the first-run printing.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    harvest wrote:

You should preorder a physical copy so you get the cloth map that comes in the first-run printing.

I do like maps. Perhaps it is time to put that $10 amazon credit to good use. Thanks!

• Options
    What Is Schwa?What Is Schwa? Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    This never gets old:

BAT-LADDER!

What Is Schwa? on
  • Options
    ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    This never gets old:

BAT-LADDER!

Tune in tomorrow — same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

I wish i had the money for that (and Skyrim) :(

I am envious of you now

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    This never gets old:

BAT-LADDER!

oh my god

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    That is the best Batman movie. It's true.
    Sometimes you just can't get rid of a bomb!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Rami wrote:
    This never gets old:

BAT-LADDER!

oh my god

Bat Library Paste Remover >> Bat Ladder

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Just pulled @initiatefailure out of the hat so he just got my Batman: Arkham City code! He chose Heart of Hush, which is a really good, underappreciated book. Paul Dini's work took off brilliantly from Loeb's origin of Hush. Everyone should read it.

For the record, no one picked my favorite Batman book, Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. I'm a little bummed, but not surprised. Still, I think you should all go read it. Especially fitting since so much was borrowed from it for the first Arkham Asylum game. Grant Morrison is one of the 5 people who can write Batman stories anytime they like, in my book, and the artwork is absolutely beautiful-weird.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote:

I wish i had the money for that (and Skyrim) :(

I am envious of you now

Mandatory overtime has SOME perks!
    I've been working 9am-midnight every weekday for the past 2 weeks. This next check is going to be STUPID, provided uncle sam doesnt take too much for himself.

• Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Steam wont take my money =( It keeps saying i have insufficient funds, but i have plenty of funds. I even just checked 5 minutes ago, but it still says insufficient.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I had that once during the steam sale. I think the workaround was to delete everything except steam.exe and the folder with all the games (userapps or something like that) and then rerun to download the other stuff again

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Steam wont take my money =( It keeps saying i have insufficient funds, but i have plenty of funds. I even just checked 5 minutes ago, but it still says insufficient.

Oh..im like 20 cents short on my pre-paid...seriously? stupid conversion rate. Apparently $17 USD is just over $18 CAN. I went and put $18 in just to grab Fable III and i was off on the conversion by mere pennies, thats frustrating.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

Mandatory overtime has SOME perks!
    I've been working 9am-midnight every weekday for the past 2 weeks. This next check is going to be STUPID, provided uncle sam doesnt take too much for himself.

Well, i have the mandatory overtime part but I don't have the "get paid for it" part.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Actually, i have a sealed copy of Splinter Cell: Conviction, with the CD key that can be registered on Ubisofts downloader, if anyone wants to trade for a Fable III. *hopes*

• Options
    HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Never mind, it seems the Bat Shark Repellant bit I was thinking of is in the Bat-Ladder clip above me. Still, Bat Shark Repellant.

Game related: Finally got back to Veni Vidi Vici in VVVVVV and it's still frustrating. I can make it to the turn on command, but usually steer too hard and slam into the spikes on Easy Mode Unlocked.

Heartfinder on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    I caved and bought Fable 3. I know about half the thread said not to but I also really enjoyed Fable 2 (plus, I already own Bastion). I'll post some impressions once it downloads.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Bat Shark Repellant was in that same youtube clip.

• Options
    HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, saw that and edited appropriately. Should have watched before musing about it. I may see about grabbing Arkham City later when they have the Pre-order skins up just to grab the Adam West one and deliver BIFFS! and POWS! to my unsuspecting enemies.

EDIT: Or not. Bah, today has not been one of my better days. Still, the Animated Series skin will have to do.

Heartfinder on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    That you valve, for letting me post video of my stabbings rather than describe them, I wish this was in every game but I guess then FRAPS wouldn't have a business.

• Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    That you valve, for letting me post video of my stabbings rather than describe them, I wish this was in every game but I guess then FRAPS wouldn't have a business.

It's weird how you got away with that soldier looking at you while you were moving around. He's like, "Huh glimmer, I'll just move along." Also, you shimmer if you move if your cloak is empty while using CnD.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:

I'm down.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    TheOrangeTheOrange Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Ok, so I finally got through my back log and reached "mount&blade: with fire and steel or some such". does it have to be this hard at start? I kinda have, three guys with sticks, and the first quest I get puts me against guys with muskets.

How do I get past the first hour?

TheOrange on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Seriously, what exactly is it about Fable 3 that makes it so horrible. Looks okay from the clips of it I see.
    <<
    >>

It's more a case of over promising and under delivering. The gameplay is a lot of fun, and the story is entertaining, but a lot of people really hate the menu system (myself included) and the fact that it's basically Fable 2 + a few extra dumb mechanics.

It has nothing to do with over promising and everything to do with it being an utterly horrible fucking game. Gameplay awful. Plot awful. Mechanics awful. Too long at ten hours. It's just a travesty.

• Options
    CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    I would just like to iterate my desire for a co-op partner with whom I can play Transformers: War for Cybertron.

I can tell this game will be much more fun in co-op, so please, come play with me! PM me your Steam ID if you're interested.

• Options
    I now regret not buying the Transformers game... but its a Transformers game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Seriously, what exactly is it about Fable 3 that makes it so horrible. Looks okay from the clips of it I see.
    <<
    >>

It's more a case of over promising and under delivering. The gameplay is a lot of fun, and the story is entertaining, but a lot of people really hate the menu system (myself included) and the fact that it's basically Fable 2 + a few extra dumb mechanics.

It has nothing to do with over promising and everything to do with it being an utterly horrible fucking game. Gameplay awful. Plot awful. Mechanics awful. Too long at ten hours. It's just a travesty.

I don't know, there's just something about Fable's simple combat system that I liked. Being able to dish out magic, ranged, and melee attacks so seamlessly worked really well. It kept the action light and fast paced. Like a good 3D Zelda game, in a way.

I'll give you that the plot was overall pretty laughable, but the characters and voice acting kept my interest and were at least distinctive.

I wouldn't pay full price for it, but for someone looking for a light action RPG, I think you could do worse (like Fable 2).

minor incident on
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    <<
    >>

I don't know, there's just something about Fable's simple combat system that I liked. Being able to dish out magic, ranged, and melee attacks so seamlessly worked really well. It kept the action light and fast paced. Like a good 3D Zelda game; in a way.

I'll give you that the plot was overall pretty laughable, but the characters and voice acting kept my interest and were at least distinctive.

I wouldn't pay full price for it, but for someone looking for a light action RPG, I think you could do worse (like Fable 2).

I thought the skills and combat were better in Fable 2, but I'd definitely say that once Fable 3 moves to its second and final form I became utterly intolerant of its flaws because of how poorly designed that part is. I put down my controller, turned off the 360, and haven't touched Fable 3 since. It's been almost a year now, I had been an hour or two from the very end of the game, and I was just fed up.

• Options
    How is the DLC though? I know the base game is so-so, but I'm curious if the DLC quests are any good? I mean I kind of liked the combat as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The beginning and middle were definitely better than the endgame in Fable 3. I guess I just enjoyed the goofy, fun combat enought that I didn't care as much about the flaws as some people. It's no game of the year or anything, but I still think iy's a decent way to spend ten bucks, if you're at all a fan of the genre or series.

But, again, all my experience is on the 360. I have no idea how bad the port might be.

minor incident on
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    How is the DLC though? I know the base game is so-so, but I'm curious if the DLC quests are any good? I mean I kind of liked the combat as well.

I remember the response to the Understone quest pack being pretty unimpressed, but I'm not sure how people felt about Traitor's Keep

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    See, the way I see it, With everyone saying that fable 3 is god awful, I'll go in thinking it's like the worst game ever. And with such low expectations, I'll see it's probably just mediocre instead, and it won't be as bad.

This has happened to me in the past.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    So far, at like four hours into Fable III, I'm enjoying it. I don't know if we're all looking at the same game, but I'm finding it entertaining. I mean, I haven't found it a total shitfest like Mirror's Edge or The Path or anything. Maybe it does get worse as the it progresses.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So I just added SpaceChem to my growling steam library from the last humble indie bundle.

I had to drop out of Chemistry in high school because I was barely getting a C. Will I suck at this game?

Steam: offday
This discussion has been closed.