Options

[Game the [fuck] on] NWN

• Options
    fallaxdracofallaxdraco Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Man I'm getting excited about this now... I'm really glad they moved me back to a normal work schedule so I can actually do this.

If I'm thinking about this right a persistent world module, if we ran one, would play a lot like an MMO, while a story module would play like an RPG, like playing baldur's gate or Diablo on co-op.

What are the PvP settings going to be? :P

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    androo87androo87 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    Wow. That's pretty fucking neat!

androo87 on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2007
    Man I'm getting excited about this now... I'm really glad they moved me back to a normal work schedule so I can actually do this.

If I'm thinking about this right a persistent world module, if we ran one, would play a lot like an MMO, while a story module would play like an RPG, like playing baldur's gate or Diablo on co-op.

What are the PvP settings going to be? :P

Usually the PVP settings are set to party only, but whoever sets up the server can set it to full or none.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Personally I think there should be PvP. Otherwise it's really just a hack and slash if there's no possibility of killing other players.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2007
    with private games like this, it usually isn't a problem, but if it is an open, persistent world keeping PvP to party only helps prevent a lot of griefing.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    If we get it going for long enough, splitting the players up into two parties and having them fight/hunt each other sounds fuckawesome

edit: I've played this game online dozens and dozens of times and I've never seen a no-respawn counterstrike - style pvp server

I wonder why no-one has ever tried it? That sounds like a lot of fun, after we play a while through a module or something, anyway

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    it would actually be pretty easy to set up a combat arena setting for duels and stuff.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I foresee going through a story module and building up characters... with much backstabbing and shenanigans

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I found two planescape modules but they were in french.

And I ain't speakin' no frog tongue.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    with private games like this, it usually isn't a problem, but if it is an open, persistent world keeping PvP to party only helps prevent a lot of griefing.

Yeah, on an open server it could suck balls but on a private server I think it would make a campaign more interesting if you knew any of your teammates might attack you. Of course you can't really implement it like you could with P&P, for instance having an evil character in a party decide to switch sides and work for the vampire that's behind it all or some such.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Druhim wrote: »

Yeah, on an open server it could suck balls but on a private server I think it would make a campaign more interesting if you knew any of your teammates might attack you. Of course you can't really implement it like you could with P&P, for instance having an evil character in a party decide to switch sides and work for the vampire that's behind it all or some such.

in a DM'ed game, sure you can.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    rank are you going to be the SE++ dungeon master?

or are we going to be masterless for a while

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    rank are you going to be the SE++ dungeon master?

or are we going to be masterless for a while

I've never done any DMing in it before, but I could, theoretically. I'd just have to learn how to do it.

I'd prefer to play, for a bit, but I don't mind DMing on a persistent server sometimes.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Druhim wrote: »

in a DM'ed game, sure you can.

Oh fuck. Alignments can actually mean something.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I think it'd be best if we kept this to a simple no-DM game for a while.

Maybe played through a module (official or a DLed one) and whatnot.

I dunno.

Does anyone know how we can set up Ventrilo?

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Callius wrote: »

I dunno.

We can just use the G&T server, I'm sure.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I need to find my microphone or buy a new one, this will be good because I will actually be able to get on vent for other things too

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

I dunno.

We can just use the G&T server, I'm sure.

Dude, they drool on all their shit.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    we could run through the official campaigns, but those are likely to be a bit too easy(as well as just not that great)

There are some pretty good self-contained modules and module series made for groups playing co-op, though

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I am indifferent.

We could play the NWN campaigns or we could play player modules or whatever.

As long as I get to talk to you dudes about how my junk is getting sweaty while I roll 20's

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I am indifferent.

We could play the NWN campaigns or we could play player modules or whatever.

As long as I get to talk to you dudes about how my junk is getting sweaty while I roll 20's

yeah

you roll twenties

on percentile dice hahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh god my life is empty

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Okay, so apparently Amazon fucked up and my copy won't be here till Monday, which means I may or may not have a full understanding of "how to do shit" for Tuesday night, so bear with me.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    it's cool, SH

also, I am going home two hours early from work because I have been super fucking stressed all week, and I'm tired and wnat to be at home right now instead of stressing the fuck out. I need rest.

So... anyone wanna try playing a little bit of NWN in the next hour?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    Okay, so apparently Amazon fucked up and my copy won't be here till Monday, which means I may or may not have a full understanding of "how to do shit" for Tuesday night, so bear with me.

don't worry callius will "show you the ropes"

he's a experienced master after all, though I think he still lacks a dungeon

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    it's cool, SH

also, I am going home two hours early from work because I have been super fucking stressed all week, and I'm tired and wnat to be at home right now instead of stressing the fuck out. I need rest.

I would if I could but today is my last day on my 2-2 schedule, so I'm still at work :/

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    God damn it, they fucking pulled the plug on our phone room without reviewing it with my supervisors.

So I'm stuck here without a phone...which means I can't work.

But, by a stroke of genius, they aren't fucking letting me go home early because of it.

GOD DAMN IT!

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    it's cool, SH

I would but I can't seem to locate your games which is probably somehow related to me not having all the expansions 'n shit. Once I do, that should solve the problem.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    dru, you available to test right now?

I'm thinking of hosting a game using direct connect, and using the original campaign, just to see if it works.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    try logging onto 67.170.90.66 port 5121

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Ok, let me try.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I only see fields for the address and a password. When I enter the address alone it just tells me the server's not responding.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    hmmm

password is wang...

I wonder if the router is blocking this port

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    well I didn't know there was a password, you didn't include that info. Let me try again.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Ok, tried it with pass and still no connection.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    dru, you have Hamachi?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I don't even know what that is man.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    This upsets me, once I get home I'll see if I can get on the computer and do a test run with you Rank.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    dru

go get it

http://www.hamachi.cc/download/

it allows virtual LAN connections over the internet

which means we may be able to cut out all this hassle and just connect via virtual LAN

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Oh wow, looks like it allows you to set up a virtual LAN. Let me verify if it's 98SE compatible.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I've opened my port on my router to test it, but if I can't get standard internet games to work we may have to use a Hamachi link.

Which isn't a problem. I've set up a network called PA_NWN, password wang, of course.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png