As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rugby World Cup 2011

• Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    So gutted. Was nearly fairy tale stuff. Don't know what to say really.... Gutted!

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    THAC0THAC0 Registered User regular
    Well played Wales considering. It was clearly a card but I have to admit I had a chuckle at the little punch on the way through.

Whoever wins tomorrow surely wil beat a France who can just get a win over a 14 man side.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Was a bit of a disappointing match in the end, Wales didn't seem to know what they were doing half the time, they'd pass it once from the ruck and the receiver would just drop there, losing ground every phase. Mostly at the end, but they'd been doing it all match. Both teams seemed to be kicking the ball instead of ever actually attacking with it. Did France ever actually attack with the ball? Winning a semi-final by kicking every time you get the ball is not what I'd expected. Wales definitely played better, but even then they didn't play particularly well.

Regarding the red card: he picked up a player, tipped him, and dropped him on his shoulders. You don't accidentally pick someone up like that, and he absolutely deserved a card. Maybe he could have gotten away with a yellow, but the guy landed on his shoulders/upper back, which I think is red card territory. Either way it was an intentional dangerous tackle and I have no problem with the harshest penalties being given out for tackles that can cripple a player.

My dream for tomorrow is that Quade Cooper does a Campese pass leading to an AB try. Cooper tries hard to make up for it, and breaks his knee/shoulder/neck. With Cooper off, Australia win!

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Wales could have won it with a drop goal about 10 mins before the end. They were right on the 22, middle of the park. It was all set up perfectly, and yet they still kept trying to run it.

Their loss is their own fault.

• Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    Yeah, that was an automatic red.

I am absolutely gutted. Wales has been the best team in the tournament, and they showed it by outplaying this French side with only 14 men for 60 minutes. If they could KICK they would have won it. The loss of Priestland really showed, in the end.

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hoping for a good game. I wonder if Cooper will keep his head down this time or play provocateur again.

• Options
    EstiloEstilo Registered User regular
    nerrrrrrvous

• Options
    no one to chat with?
    shame :(

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    I'm here. Biting my fingernails while crapping my pants. C'mon ABs!

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I'll be watching, but I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Rugby.

zeeny on
  • Options
    Cooper's showing his best abilties already

• Options
    hot start from the ABs

• Options
    AB try! Woohoo!

• Options
    Nice try.

• Options
    KAZAM!

• Options
    I'm not sure if everyone has the same commentators, but the one here in Aus apparently thinks he's commentating a horse race, trying to say as many words per minute as possible and he just won't shut up.

• Options
    This is already more exciting than France vs Wales.

• Options
    Looking a bit too one sided so far. Oz should snap out of it or they will find it's over before HT.

• Options
    They will strike back, I think.

• Options
    Quade Cooper is still a worse player than a toddler taking a nap in the dead ball area.

• Options
    OOPH

that's nasty

• Options
    roflmao cooper.

• Options
    Would someone please get that dirty little shit off the field?

• Options
    Quade Cooper is still a worse player than a toddler taking a nap in the dead ball area.

I cant believe he's still on tbh... Another shocker so far.

• Options

Why? He's doing such a great job... For us. Find it hilarious just a few months ago the Aussie media were saying he's better than Carter.

• Options

Why? He's doing such a great job... For us. Find it hilarious just a few months ago the Aussie media were saying he's better than Carter.

They don't even need to replace him with anyone, just take him off the field and the other 14 will be better off.

• Options

They don't even need to replace him with anyone, just take him off the field and the other 14 will be better off.

Barnes would've been a better choice at 10 anyway but yep, in this case, a red card would probably help you guys out at this point.

Aussies dropping like flies to injury and the blood bin.

• Options
    Nice turnover! :D

• Options

Well, maybe... lol, but I reckon AUS have looked threatening every time they've been in the NZ half. A few less errors and this game will be down to the wire...

• Options
    Keep this up for another 40!

• Options
    edited October 2011
    You know why Aus just got penalised? Because Cooper was sitting back afraid to go into the ruck, which left an Aussie on the ground with no support. Cooper always, always stays out of the ruck, and he should know it looks pretty obvious when there's nobody else in the ruck and him standing two metres away.

It'd be nice if the ABs wouldn't take so many cheap shots. O'Connor was just punched in the face, wherever the line between 'niggly shit' and 'being a dirty cunt who should be red carded' is, that's on the wrong side.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    Yeah. That's how the ABs have always played, and it's the reason I hate them. I have to say, to their credit, they have done far less of it this world cup than they have historically, but it'll take longer than 7 matches in a world cup for me to like them again after their history of playing so dirty.

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just don't understand it. They're good players, they could win matches without being cockholes. I don't understand why they can't just play rugby.

• Options
    You know why Aus just got penalised? Because Cooper was sitting back afraid to go into the ruck, which left an Aussie on the ground with no support. Cooper always, always stays out of the ruck, and he should know it looks pretty obvious when there's nobody else in the ruck and him standing two metres away.

It'd be nice if the ABs wouldn't take so many cheap shots. O'Connor was just punched in the face, wherever the line between 'niggly shit' and 'being a dirty cunt who should be red carded' is, that's on the wrong side.

Come on. Punch in the face? There was barely anything in it.

Wallabies are just idiots. 2 minutes left and Genia's fucking around doing nothing. Not like they would've scored 3 tries to win anyway but still. Have a nice flight home guys.

• Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    All blacks were fantastic. Aus can have no complaints.

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    Intense game. Buzzing right now...

• Options
    Yeah that was just a dominating performance by New Zealand. Great stuff! I second buzzing right now.

• Options
    I'm sure that Cooper's going to make a public announcement soon that he's been playing for his native country all along. Although I'm not sure who's responsible for leaving him in the team... maybe all the laptops he's been stealing have been going to bribes.

• Options
    Hahaha

He really was a disaster for Australia. There were not too many other real stand out bad moments I thought for them but everything he touched turned to arse. And in such a physical game they needed him in there too. So many punches in those rucks going both ways.

• Options
    To be fair, Cooper did seem to get better as the game went on, whereas Genia seemed to get worse. In those last few minutes I mentioned before, he just seemed to give up. If he were in a team I supported, I'd be pissed at that. Doesn't matter if you're down by 50 points, it's a World Cup, you don't bloody give up until the last whistle goes.

AB forwards were completely dominant, with Pocock the only standout in the Aus pack. So stoked with that performance.

One more week. One more game. C'mon Black!