As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Vs Capcom Thread Of Believing in Mike Ross

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote:
    You know, at first, I was pissed that they killed off Jin.

Then I remembered
    mvcjin-6.gif

mvcjin-7.gif

You remembered hotlinking isn't allowed?

Fuck

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/a/mvcjin.htm

...the last two panels you linked to have transformed into "hotlinking is not allowed," even in that link.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    cloudeagle wrote:
    blaze_zero wrote:
    You know, at first, I was pissed that they killed off Jin.

Then I remembered
    mvcjin-6.gif

mvcjin-7.gif

You remembered hotlinking isn't allowed?

Fuck

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/a/mvcjin.htm

...the last two panels you linked to have transformed into "hotlinking is not allowed," even in that link.

Strict website is fucking strict

2:34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6xQWYKVGxc

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    Grove wrote:
    So I picked up MvC when it came out but quit playing almost immediately. I think I'm gonna give it another go with UMvC.

Did the online ever get better? Is it getting better with UMvC?

I have no idea how to play these games, but I should start practicing soon. This is out when, November right?

One of the biggest things being changed about matchmaking in UMvC3 is the fact that you can see the connection bars of your opponent before the match begins. This makes it very similar to SF4 in that, you can see if they guy has a terrible connection with you before you're thrown into a game with them. Thus, you can avoid laggy matches just like in SF4.

This alone will make online play so much better imo.

XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote:
    I am pretty excited to play as Phoenix Wright tomorrow and this whole weekend at NYCC. :D

And the path to being bored with the game and not playing with us after release begins!

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote:
    redfield85 wrote:
    I am pretty excited to play as Phoenix Wright tomorrow and this whole weekend at NYCC. :D

And the path to being bored with the game and not playing with us after release begins!

I plan on being bored of it by Saturday afternoon. ;)

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular

Stream is live! Get on that stream Redfield85!

• Options
    V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    Edgeworth ALT confirmed.

Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    I am not there till tomorrow. :(

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Stream is pretty laggy. Happens, but unfortunate.

• Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    So I wasn't really excited for phoenix wright before I saw his video, and that first half did nothing to help. But then he got 3 pieces of evidence and landed his objection, and suddenly my interest has skyrocketed. His partner call-ins seem pretty cool too, but I wonder how much hes going to use them outside of combos. Right now I'm looking at P.Wright/Iron Fist/Hulk or Nemesis, but we haven't seen Frank West and I haven't been able to find what Chris' gun cancels do for him. I might give Vergil a shot too.

Definitely turning on japanese dialog for Wright though, that voice acting is horrible.

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    I'm gonna be online training for awhile. Someone come fight me!

• Options
    They are using the Jakob Javits Center's Internet. It will never be watchable. And with all the other people using it? Pfft.

Wish I knew how to do Phoenix Wright's moves so I can at least TRY to pull them off this weekend.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    gunwarrior wrote:
    Definitely turning on japanese dialog for Wright though, that voice acting is horrible.

Nah, it's pretty great. Shoutouts to Sam Riegel for the funny dialogue. Just wish he could finish those sentences! EDIT

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    I am going to get my third Marvel 3 poster tomorrow. Well, I have a signed MvC3 one from last NYCC. Then I got an UMvC3 poster at PAX Prime. These will all go nicely with my signed Street Fighter IV poster. :D

Sucky stream is sucky.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    So, for one looking to purchase UMvC3 (to receive many beatings), I suppose most of you are on Xbox360?

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    edited October 2011
    redfield85 wrote:
    They are using the Jakob Javits Center's Internet. It will never be watchable. And with all the other people using it? Pfft.

Wish I knew how to do Phoenix Wright's moves so I can at least TRY to pull them off this weekend.

They just explained it on stream. L/M/H+S will give you evidence. The folders correspond and glow when you find the right evidence. If it's junk, press again to throw it away (projectile). COllect all 3 correct evidences and you can enter Turnabout Mode (more damage, longer reaching pointing normals, access to level 3).

V Faction on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    V Faction wrote:
    redfield85 wrote:

They just explained it on stream. L/M/H+S will give you evidence. The folders correspond and glow when you find the right evidence. If it's junk, press again to throw it away (projectile). COllect all 3 correct evidences and you can enter Turnabout Mode (more damage, longer reaching pointing normals, access to level 3).

I thought you had to do the introspection move to enter Eureka mode (defense bade) after gathering all the evidence then hit an Objection to enter Turnabout mode (pointing finger).

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    V Faction wrote:
    redfield85 wrote:

If it's random that really hurts him, I think, but if it depends on the characters you're facing or something that could be pretty damned awesome. Especially if you can do it quickly.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    B:L wrote:
    V Faction wrote:
    redfield85 wrote:

I thought you had to do the introspection move to enter Eureka mode (defense bade) after gathering all the evidence then hit an Objection to enter Turnabout mode (pointing finger).

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure how the Turnabout is initiated because the stream is terri-bad and currently offline, so that's all the info I gathered. There's that leaked stuff from earlier, but this was the first time any official word was given to PW's playstyle.

I dunno really. Hopefully if the stream starts back up, Seth will be there to solve the mystery.

V Faction on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    V Faction wrote:
    B:L wrote:
    V Faction wrote:
    redfield85 wrote:

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure how the Turnabout is initiated because the stream is terri-bad and currently offline, so that's all the info I gathered. There's that leaked stuff from earlier, but this was the first time any official word was given to PW's playstyle.

I dunno really. Hopefully if the stream starts back up, Seth will be there to solve the mystery.

This is what I've seen so far.

Investigation mode (Magnifying glass): Access to Maya. Press L/M/H and S together to search for evidence to fill their respective folder slot (three folders). If you find the right evidence, the folder will light up. If you find bad evidence, press the same input to throw it as a projectile and discard it. Use the Introspection move d,d+S (Wright rubs his chin and has a spark in his eye) to enter Courtroom mode.

Courtroom mode (Defense attorney badge): Access to presenting evidence and Judge hyper (otg). Slip is overhead. You now have access to the objection move, usable on the ground and in the air. Hit with it to automatically enter Objection mode.

Objection mode (Pointing finger and Wright glowing gold along with unique theme music): You get more damage, and your normals emit a huge glowing pointing finger with amazing range. Fingers can combo into fingers. You can also now use your lvl 3, HITS ANYWHERE ON SCREEN FOR 600,000 UNSCALED. Taggin him out will keep him in this modec so you can dhc into lvl 3.

Edit: Oh yeah his assists.

Assist 1: Paperwork (high)
    Launches a glowing blue paper across the screen. If it hits, it wallbounces them. Similar to Dormammu's arrow thingy.

Assist 2: Press the witness
    Phoenix walks forward while hitting multiple times.

Assist 3: "Get 'em Missile!"
    IT'S MISSILE! (low)

Edit2: You can enter courtroom mode at any time. His throw in the corner can allow a relaunch. His HOLD IT shout from standing or jump has a chance to stun your opponent. Presenting bad evidence will open himself up.

• Options
    To compound on that, the Judge Nightmare hyper may or may not force you out of that Eureka mode (but not Objection). He can also pick up the pieces insanely fast. And apparently (can't say for sure), as your evidence meter drains out, you'll trip.

• Options
    V Faction wrote:
    To compound on that, the Judge Nightmare hyper may or may not force you out of that Eureka mode (but not Objection). He can also pick up the pieces insanely fast. And apparently (can't say for sure), as your evidence meter drains out, you'll trip.

I thought the trip was a move.

At least I hope it was a move and not some Smash Bros Brawl shit.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, it's a move.

Stream is up. Investigation mode, Courtroom mode, and Turnabout mode.

Investigate: Access to Maya.
    Courtroom: Down Down S. All evidence has difference effects. Judge Super only in this mode.

Apparently, if you don't have all the right evidence, you sweatdrop, ha.

HGgVZ.jpg

V Faction on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I made a few edits.

WTF
    V Faction wrote:
    Apparently, if you don't have all the right evidence, you're Level 3 can wiff into the sweatdrop, ha.
    No that's for his regular evidence presenting in Courtroom mode. If he tries to attack with evidence using a button associated with bad evidence, he'll sweatdrop instead and leave himself wide open. So you need to gather good evidence to use his courtroom mode specials.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Looks like he can also find healing items when investigating. His intro video shows him gaining his red health back.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    mystic_knightmystic_knight Registered User regular
    Kinderparty! You're in my marvel pool!

• Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    Hey! High five!

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    CAN NOT WAIT TO GET PLAYING AS WRIGHT

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    Good luck 645! Can we get together and play some this time around?

• Options
    Guys, since they have announced Nova and Wright already, is there a point to me going to the UMVC3 Panel? Do they still have to announce many more people? I loved being there for the live announcement last year for the vanilla game, so if we think they are gonna announce the final guys, I will go on Saturday. If not, I guess I will just play the game. Ha.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Frank West and Rocket Raccoon haven't been officially revealed yet, but no idea when they are going to reveal them. Not sure of any more big events, so it's possible they get revealed at the panel. I'm sure there will be some sort of news at the panel (new mode maybe?).

I suppose it's always possible that they may decide to announce some DLC characters at some point, but honestly I'm not sure if this game is even going to get DLC characters (aside from Jill and Shuma). How far in advance were Jill/Shuma announced for Vanilla?

• Options
    They should just scrap Jill and Shuma. They don't even have them as part of the roster at these events.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote:
    Guys, since they have announced Nova and Wright already, is there a point to me going to the UMVC3 Panel? Do they still have to announce many more people? I loved being there for the live announcement last year for the vanilla game, so if we think they are gonna announce the final guys, I will go on Saturday. If not, I guess I will just play the game. Ha.

Look man you gotta stay for the panel to find out if they're going to announce Mega Man.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    So, for one looking to purchase UMvC3 (to receive many beatings), I suppose most of you are on Xbox360?

Yes, 360.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I hate your face, Capcom:

FNI6Z.png

Stop trolling us and put him in the game.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Stop trolling us and put him in the game.

My bet is DLC.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    why would anyone kill sonson :(

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I won't be mad if he's DLC. I'll be mad if he's DLC and sucks. So much potential, hundreds of weapons, helpers, transformations... If they just use his MvC2 soccer ball and leaf shield bullshit, that's when I'll be mad.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Who's bottom left? Sabretooth?

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote:
    Who's bottom left? Sabretooth?

rogue