As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Foomy wrote: »
    so the regular league game with Extreaminatus went to turn 14 and than ran into a triple red skull roll against blood bowls netcode resulting in a dissconnect injury for the game. Neither of us have the time to replay the game today, and Extreaminatus is leaving town tommorow for a week. So we agree'd that the end result of the game most likely would of been a 1-1 tie. if you could just sent the result to that @Banzai5150 that would be great.

and than both of us will go cry about all the lost spp from injuries caused.
    Fucking Cyanide netcode shits out again. Thanks for losing me my SPP you suck-thing.

Was 1-0 in my favor until the last few turns, then the game shit the bed.

Foomy put up a good fight, his ogres were knocking out or badly hurting every player with almost every block. We don't have time to replay it, so we settled on a 1-1 tie decision since I had, like, 4 duders left on the field and he had way more than that with the ball on my side of the pitch. It would have been super easy for him to score again to tie it up.

set to 1-1 and validated.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Ok I'm going to be away from the computer for a good while. I am going to go see my favorite band in concert, and nearly the original lineup. Van Halen at the Tampa Bay Time Forum tonight!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Zombie Hero and I will be playing our speed league match, my #6 Norse team Midgard's Champions vs. his #1 Chaos team Brigand's Brigaid, Sunday night at 7 PM Eastern/6 Central. ZH will be taking care of the broadcasting duties at livestream.com/coachzh, and we'll attempt to have me guest announce. :)

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Da Bomb Jugg'luz and Mini Munchers were facing off for an epic Fling vs Goblin matchup, and everything was going swimmingly. Unfortunately after the Flings scored a relatively quick TD, Edg1e crashed during setup for the ensuing kickoff after his chainsaw went invisible. This game was far too early in to have been determined, so if we could get a reset and try again that would be for the best.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Ok I'm going to be away from the computer for a good while. I am going to go see my favorite band in concert, and nearly the original lineup. Van Halen at the Tampa Bay Time Forum tonight!

I can now die a happy man.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Da Bomb Jugg'luz and Mini Munchers were facing off for an epic Fling vs Goblin matchup, and everything was going swimmingly. Unfortunately after the Flings scored a relatively quick TD, Edg1e crashed during setup for the ensuing kickoff after his chainsaw went invisible. This game was far too early in to have been determined, so if we could get a reset and try again that would be for the best.

Reset

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I think I'll have to drop out of the speed league after this season. My social life has suddenly exploded, and even the weekly leagues may become difficult to manage

• Options
    EdgieEdgie TampaRegistered User regular
    @Banzai5150: Le Blanc and I will be replaying our match later on tonight.

Sorry it's taking so long to get a result in guys.

• Options
    ebotastic wrote: »
    Zombie Hero and I will be playing our speed league match, my #6 Norse team Midgard's Champions vs. his #1 Chaos team Brigand's Brigaid, Sunday night at 7 PM Eastern/6 Central. ZH will be taking care of the broadcasting duties at livestream.com/coachzh, and we'll attempt to have me guest announce. :)
    Quoting this for an hour until game time!

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

It was a hard fought 0-0 match. I should send a special care package to that yhetee, to repay him for those three (four?) turnovers. Well done, Ebo. I don't expect things to go so well for me after the norse get more pointy edges.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    It was a hard fought 0-0 match. I should send a special care package to that yhetee, to repay him for those three (four?) turnovers. Well done, Ebo. I don't expect things to go so well for me after the norse get more pointy edges.
    It was at least 3, yeah. He got MVP last game so all he needed was one injury to get a level and maybe get block. :| That would improve things.

I bet we see each other first round next speed league, since you're so worried about pointy Norse. :)

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    Validated games that had been played - Each League has one or two games left and tonight is the last day. SO.. I'm asking you people to decide.

I am in the process of packing and getting ready for my drive from Fl to Co, so I'm very on edge and spazzing out in general. That being said, if you want me to dish out 0-0's and kick off the next week for those appropriate leagues I will. Or else, I'm just going to give it another week cuz by then I should be in Co and back online.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    The only unplayed game in regular league is Moridin vs. Gabriel Pitt. Gabriel Pitt hasn't been on Steam for a couple of days AND the deadline was extended a week so go ahead and roll that over at Midnight.

Speed league deadline is rightfully tomorrow. Don't roll that over.

Edgie and Sesshou will be playing the last stunty game needed later tonight. Give 'em a chance to play it out. :)

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm fine either way, but that may be because I still have 2 games to play myself

Veevee on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Speed league final week, Dwarves against Necro starting now.

http://www.livestream.com/docshifty

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I have two games to play...One game is with @Banzai5150, regular league? Forgot the other. I'm available for one, maybe two tonight right now. Otherwise after 6pm weeknights (PST).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    EdgieEdgie TampaRegistered User regular
    Chris's Mini Munchers and my Bomb Jugg'luz re-met on the field of blood! Many bombs were thrown across the field, and in the end the score ended up 0 - 1 in favor of Da Bomb Jugg'luz. My bombardier was on point tonight with nearly 100% accuracy. Funniest moment was probably Chris's fling being tossed into my loony, causing a MNG despite the medics best attempts to prevent it.

GG, hope we meet again soon as it was fun.

• Options
    Fling missiles are a time honored tradition and I'm shocked it worked as well as it did. I was aiming for the troll anyway, but scattered into the looney. The pure randomness of stunty is pretty great.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It was a painful match that I won thanks to 3 successful regen rolls and my Golems refusal to stay on the ground for more than one turn. 2-1 Necros!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Ok Games have been Validated -
    Stunty has moved forward a week.

Speed is waiting on a Game.

Regular league moved forward.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Oh and one of my Rotter's... he had a broken neck, smashed knee and something else. Needless to say I finally cut him as he was too prone to getting KO'd.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Oh and one of my Rotter's... he had a broken neck, smashed knee and something else. Needless to say I finally cut him as he was too prone to getting KO'd.

My zombie smashed her ankle and has a broken neck. But, she's a zombie, what's it matter, right?

• Options
    Docshifty wrote: »

My zombie smashed her ankle and has a broken neck. But, she's a zombie, what's it matter, right?

Was my thought, but the niggling injury seems to be causing issues. So -ag who cares, -ma eh I could maybe still keep him on the line. But the niggling on top of it.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Added Spam:

If people will keep in touch with me when their having scheduling problems, I will note things and you may end up a 1-0, instead of a 0-0, if it's determined that someone isn't holding up their end.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Extension LeagueAnyways, Week 3 of X-League has begun!

Custom Special vs. Kafkanhound
    Law* vs. ZH
    Docshifty vs. Kafka AU
    Gnizmo vs. ebo
    TnTrooper vs. mrt1212
    Dudeman vs. Veevee

*We will be needing a replacement for Lawinator, I think. Anyone who wants to join should pipe up.

The week will be rolled over a week from sunday or when all the games have been completed. Nuffle be praised.
    Yeah, Lawinator pulled out. :(

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    So what would people recommend with regards to the first skill a Skaven Blitzer gets? I only play my 2 mates, and they both play elf teams (High and Dark). One of the Blitzers rolled a double, while the other just got a general. I was thinking Dodge for the guy who got a double, and Guard for the guy who got a general skill-up, as I seem to find my Skaven pushed around a fair bit after my kick-off.

I also didn't start with a Rat Ogre, but have almost saved up enough for one; as the teams are all fairly new might he be worth it?

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    VikrociousVikrocious Registered User new member
    This game way beyond my expectations, the graphics, gameplay is just awesome. Just finished 3 games in Blood Bowl - Legendary Edition 2.0.1.4 Patch.

• Options
    Guard is always a good skill to grab for a Storm Vermin (Blitzer, whatever), though in an elf-heavy environment tackle can be useful as well. With the double I'd definitely choose dodge, though. As for the Rat Ogre, I'm not a big fan of most of the Big Guys so I would recommend against him. He doesn't seem to fit the style of the team to me, though again if you're only playing against Elves then he could really give you a bash advantage. It's a tough choice, I would say it would depend on how many reserves and rerolls you have.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Guard is always a good skill to grab for a Storm Vermin (Blitzer, whatever), though in an elf-heavy environment tackle can be useful as well. With the double I'd definitely choose dodge, though. As for the Rat Ogre, I'm not a big fan of most of the Big Guys so I would recommend against him. He doesn't seem to fit the style of the team to me, though again if you're only playing against Elves then he could really give you a bash advantage. It's a tough choice, I would say it would depend on how many reserves and rerolls you have.

I've got 3 re-rolls but no reserves. If I get another 40k and not suffer any casualties, then the Rat Ogre would give me my 12th player.

I seem to be kicking off at the start of every game, and that results in alot of elves on the LoS beating my linerats up. It's not the linerats getting knocked down that's the prob (they are, after all expendable) it's the great big huge hole in the middle of the pitch which the elves then pour into. I wouldn't mind something a bit more solid in the middle to make things a bit trickier.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular

I also am not one for the rat ogre. wild animal isn't as bad as some of the other big guy rolls but there are times where you don't want to blitz with the rat ogre, but merely position him. When Guard comes available to him, even more so.

• Options
    Sorry about my speed league MIA. I'm available to play tonight stopgap, I had Easter yesterday.

• Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    I'll disagree with the others on the Rat Ogre. I'm a big fan, especially if you're playing against elves. Guard would be ok for a Rat Ogre too but I like to keep him blitzing and prefer Juggernaut.

For the Stormvermin, Guard is great first choice on one of them. I like to make one a big hitter/killer though so that double is an opportunity to start one off with Claw then follow up with Mighty Blow on his next skill. Claw wouldn't do so much against the Dark Elves but would help a lot with putting pointy hats into the dirt. A Blodging Stormvermin can be great too though and Guard is a great follow up skill there.

I see you mention rerolls but I see no mention of the Apothecary. If you don't have one then get one before worrying about the Rat Ogre or other players,

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    DudemanX wrote: »
    I'll disagree with the others on the Rat Ogre. I'm a big fan, especially if you're playing against elves. Guard would be ok for a Rat Ogre too but I like to keep him blitzing and prefer Juggernaut.

For the Stormvermin, Guard is great first choice on one of them. I like to make one a big hitter/killer though so that double is an opportunity to start one off with Claw then follow up with Mighty Blow on his next skill. Claw wouldn't do so much against the Dark Elves but would help a lot with putting pointy hats into the dirt. A Blodging Stormvermin can be great too though and Guard is a great follow up skill there.

I see you mention rerolls but I see no mention of the Apothecary. If you don't have one then get one before worrying about the Rat Ogre or other players,

I fucking love the rat ogre. He clears a side of the pitch to make a running lane, or forces your opponent to overcompensate for him, so they open one up for you on the other side. With your Runners 9 MV, switching flanks is trivial.

• Options
    edited April 2012

I fucking love the rat ogre. He clears a side of the pitch to make a running lane, or forces your opponent to overcompensate for him, so they open one up for you on the other side. With your Runners 9 MV, switching flanks is trivial.

I have a love/hate relationship with my Big guys on any team. My Beast? Normally he's dumb a box of rocks, except last night he was all good to Custom Special's dismay. My Ogre's have been a mixed bag as well. I say, if it fits your style, having a big guy makes the other team TAKE NOTICE of that guy, and if they don't, and you roll right, they can be great.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I have a love/hate relationship with my Big guys on any team. My Beast? Normally he's dumb a box of rocks, except last night he was all good to Custom Special's dismay. My Ogre's have been a mixed bag as well. I say, if it fits your style, having a big guy makes the other team TAKE NOTICE of that guy, and if they don't, and you roll right, they can be great.

Cyanide doesn't know how to program dice rolls!!

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    I like certain big guys, if they fit the character of the team. The Beast of Nurgle is definitely a good fit for the team, but the Rat Ogre changes the approach necessary for the Skaven team. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, and there are successful Skaven teams both with and without the Rat Ogre. I personally prefer to not use him, but I can understand why people would use him. The Ogre for the Human team is another one that I think is worthwhile, even if he is occasionally not going to do what you want him to. I'm not a huge fan of the Treeman for Wood Elves either, as you really don't want to expose your players to the hits they will take if they try and support him, and without support he's not really useful.

I have no sympathy for players that use Big Guys, and then complain about the negatrait screwing them. If you're going to use him, take the good with the bad.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The only way I'd use a rat ogre is if I could guarantee he'd get block on his first level up. 2d6 he has 1/9 of knocking himself down and loner sucks. The other thing I don't like about him is that his AV is lighter than other big guys.

• Options

The worst possible thing for a rat ogre is for the opponent to ignore him or have a stronger Big Guy.

• Options
    Amazons v Khemri in about 15 minutes

http://www.livestream.com/docshifty

• Options
    KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular
    Doc totally bailed on me. :( i think he thinks children are more important than BB.