Options

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, but not over the lameness of countdowns

• Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    I forgot how much I love Human Revolution. Started playing the DC. Another pacifist run. Hold me...
    Never played the HR DC, what's the elevator pitch?

I've only played the DC, and on Wii U, but from what I understand;

Better Boss Fights! Being sneaky and hacky is viable. You never have to fire a shot at them if you don't want to.

Two rechargeable cells so you can use powers more!

No yellow filter!

Allegedly better textures, but I was on Wii U so it still looked like butts.

And apparently, the PC version of DC is a port of the Wii U version, with limitations and bugs that weren't present in the original release. It is, overall, a better game tho.

Also a New Game + mode.

That way you can play the game like Batou

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I actually miss the yellow filter whenever I play the DC

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    You know, all this coverage of the new game has failed to answer the one question I really want answered.

Is Faridah in the game?

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Rchanen wrote: »
    You know, all this coverage of the new game has failed to answer the one question I really want answered.

Is Faridah in the game?

I hope so. I saved her in HR. Even just an email or something telling me she's still alive and kicking ass would be good enough for me.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Rchanen wrote: »

Is Faridah in the game?

I hope so. I saved her in HR. Even just an email or something telling me she's still alive and kicking ass would be good enough for me.

Pretty sure she's alive in canon. Some of the trailers had a bit of cinematic of what looked like her aircraft flying in to rescue Jensen from the ocean after the events of HR. Whether she's actually in MD remains to be seen.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Watched the first two hours of this on youtube. This game looks to be amazing.

Going from replaying a bit of HR to this, it looks to be a big jump graphically and just overall pushes forward for everything HR did.

No I don't.
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    *Checks out Season Pass content*

*Gives Square-Enix a spoon*

SE: What's this for?

Me: To eat my ass with...

Not that I should be surprised, but yeah... that season pass content looks weak sauce.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Quiotu wrote: »

Not that I should be surprised, but yeah... that season pass content looks weak sauce.

How about digital compared to buying in a store?

For me, I have the following options

83,71$ for the digital normal version from Xbox Live.
    69,10$ for the cheapest physical box normal version from a place I trust.

The physical Box even have that Covert Agent Pack DLC in it too, the digital version does not.

Why was digital considered great again? Great for publishers I guess.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »

The physical Box even have that Covert Agent Pack DLC in it too, the digital version does not.

What region are you in?

No I don't.
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

Maybe I'm ignorant of what great things have accompanied season passes, but isn't it always just a gamble of sorts that the consumer pays a certain amount of money upfront on the chance that a quantity of DLC is released that exceeds that cost?

• Options

What region are you in?

Denmark, Europe.

• Options
    Weird. It's the standard $59.99 in the US.

No I don't.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    It kind of sucks, because I would want to buy it digitally for the same price that the physical version + minor DLC stuff is set at, because of account share.

Its probably that they took the digital price from the most overpriced store they could find, because then the pricepoint seems to fit.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    metaghost wrote: »

Maybe I'm ignorant of what great things have accompanied season passes, but isn't it always just a gamble of sorts that the consumer pays a certain amount of money upfront on the chance that a quantity of DLC is released that exceeds that cost?

It is, but most publishers are inclined to give you some sort of idea of what you're getting before they sell the season pass. Not all of them of course, but it's a little silly in this day and age to get a season pass without knowing what you're actually getting, especially considering how often the consumer has been burned in the last few years.

Then you have games like Witcher 3, which over the last year had a season pass that's pretty much going to make every other publisher not trying hard to look sad by comparison. I mean seriously, Witcher 3 season pass expanded the biggest map by some 30%, then added ANOTHER map about the size of Novigrad/Velen on top of it, never mind all the free swag you got without even having to buy the season pass. MD gives season pass holders two more missions, two weapons packs, 5000 credits and 5 random booster packs. That's not a season pass, that's a goddamn preorder bonus.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I mean, you don't have to actually preorder season passes. You can totally wait until the stuff in the comes out to buy it, or not buy it as the case may be

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Question: In HR, do your dialogue choices matter much outside of the obvious? Like, does being a dick to Pritchard in the very beginning of the game have ramifications later, or any situations like that? I know that there can be immediate ramifications for dialogue (like with quest givers and such) but are there any far-reaching ramifications? I can't really recall.

Of course I'm not talking about those dialogue battles.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    No, none at all.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    OK thanks.

Time to be a sarcastic dick, then.

I definitely asked for this.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Preloading this on PS4 awwwww yisssss

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    It kind of sucks, because I would want to buy it digitally for the same price that the physical version + minor DLC stuff is set at, because of account share.

Its probably that they took the digital price from the most overpriced store they could find, because then the pricepoint seems to fit.

Many "Official" digital storefronts have a tacit agreement to not undercut retailers in the region with the tacit threat that retailers would stop stocking physical copies if they were undercut. Which can obviously be an issue if some of those retailers are highly out of line with the others.

Digital is great on PC partially because brick and mortar stores had stopped stocking most PC releases by the time digital took off.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »
    OK thanks.

Time to be a sarcastic dick, then.

I definitely asked for this.

You can be a pretty big dick to Megan's mom, it's pretty great.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I've been rapidly replaying HR in preparation for MD, and it's surprisingly fun to just ignore the mechanics and cap a guy in the face with a shotgun while invisible.

I'd also forgotten just how messed up Sarif is: implanting trackers in his people, basically turning Jensen into a brain-in-a-jar (enough so that one of the doctors in the limb clinic started refusing to do more work on him).

And then there's Tai Yong Medical, which makes Sarif industries look like a paragon of worker rights.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Just because their biochem corpus is far in advance of yours....

Personally, I'm more concerened about UNATCO?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Savage.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Old men, running the world.

• Options
    Go in like the US Marshals.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Looked at the skill tree a good mix of new and old.

Totally getting the dash and super jump abilities.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Wrong thread. . .

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    ED! wrote: »
    Wrong thread. . .

Get out of here Denton!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I wonder why the unlock time for this game is based on PST. Seems pretty unusual.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Because the SE++ thread reminded me of it,

https://youtu.be/0l3wOT9cSg4

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

It is, but most publishers are inclined to give you some sort of idea of what you're getting before they sell the season pass. Not all of them of course, but it's a little silly in this day and age to get a season pass without knowing what you're actually getting, especially considering how often the consumer has been burned in the last few years.

Then you have games like Witcher 3, which over the last year had a season pass that's pretty much going to make every other publisher not trying hard to look sad by comparison. I mean seriously, Witcher 3 season pass expanded the biggest map by some 30%, then added ANOTHER map about the size of Novigrad/Velen on top of it, never mind all the free swag you got without even having to buy the season pass. MD gives season pass holders two more missions, two weapons packs, 5000 credits and 5 random booster packs. That's not a season pass, that's a goddamn preorder bonus.

Yea, but i don't think you ever win when comparing to the witcher 3.

Is your game as good as Witcher 3? No. Does your game provide as much value as Witcher 3? No. Is your DLC as good as Witcher 3's? No. Does your DLC provide as much value as Witcher 3's? No.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Will your wife ever decide to come back to you because you spent all your time last year playing Witcher 3? No.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Yea, but i don't think you ever win when comparing to the witcher 3.

Is your game as good as Witcher 3? No. Does your game provide as much value as Witcher 3? No. Is your DLC as good as Witcher 3's? No. Does your DLC provide as much value as Witcher 3's? No.

No... no, I get that. But I can still hope that maybe down the line publishers get why more people buy CDPR's season passes and are happy for it, and maybe start following their practices. Until then, I'd be happy if they started not stealing people's money for shit-tier DLC not even announced yet.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    shit-tier DLC
    not even announced yet.

:?

I mean yeah, sure it's not going to be anywhere near TW3's but what is?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Ain't no one going to look at CDPR and think, "Yeah, those dudes get it!" as long as plenty people are still willing to buy skins and $50 season passes and what-have-you.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I mean, you don't have to actually preorder season passes. You can totally wait until the stuff in the comes out to buy it, or not buy it as the case may be

Unless I KNOW that I'll want the DLC, I just wait 6 months and pick the DLC up for a few dollars in one of Steam's quarter annual mega sales.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    I mean, look at the FO4 season pass. That's $50, and it only has 2 things that aren't glorified mods

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I mean, look at the FO4 season pass. That's $50, and it only has 2 things that aren't glorified mods

I paid way less than that. That's a case where they actually raised the price of the season pass as time went on. Personally I feel like I've gotten my money's worth, even if it was a lot of small mod stuff.

For me season passes pose the same question as the purchase of the core game, is this content worth the asked for price to me personally? If yes, buy, if no, don't buy

I bought fallouts based on previous Bethesda dlc, and I won't buy MDs based on what they've promised so far and no previous good examples to make my decision on

This discussion has been closed.