Options

[Call of Cthulhu - OOC] Whispers in the Darkness

• Options
    PeffPeff Registered User regular
    Javier could probably use some sleep and/or tranquilizers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I'm good to end the day.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Same here

• Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    Ok, I should have the one thing holding up the new day ready by tonight or tomorrow.

• Options
    Not directly related to this game but of interest to us all: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/448333182/call-of-cthulhu-7th-edition

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Peff wrote: »
    Not directly related to this game but of interest to us all: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/448333182/call-of-cthulhu-7th-edition
    Goooood....goooood. All according to plan.

Also, I'm leaving the corkboard image linked for now, due to size.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Peff wrote: »

I have like no extra money, but I'm very tempted to get get those pdfs.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Me too. Oh, @PsychoLarry1 - I'm running a CoC game starting next week for a D&D group I go to and was wondering how you create/balance your own monsters. How did you make Appleton, for instance? I don't want it to be too easy, and neither do I want the first thing they fight to wipe the floor with them.

Also I just realized the heart thing as I was typing up that post.

• Options
    Me too. Oh, @PsychoLarry1 - I'm running a CoC game starting next week for a D&D group I go to and was wondering how you create/balance your own monsters. How did you make Appleton, for instance? I don't want it to be too easy, and neither do I want the first thing they fight to wipe the floor with them.

Also I just realized the heart thing as I was typing up that post.
    There is, in fact an obscure written scenario as part of the DNA of this game, which is where I pulled Appleton. I do have homebrew encounters planned, and you guys made it through the last day without stumbling into any. As far as making monsters/adversaries, it's probably best to stick close to the game material if this is your first CoC game. Given how low HP is in this game, I'd suggest starting small to see how well your players handle themselves in combat.

http://wstryder.org/coccg/ is a decent monster generator, and http://www.yog-sothoth.com/ has lots of content spread across the articles, blogs, and forums you can pull inspiration from.

In regards to the game, I'll clear some stuff up, since this info has been spread over a long time, and wasn't always clear.
    1. Dr. Morgan ran the local EON office, Codburn was his #2 and he brought Samphan over from Cambodia in the 1970s. Samphan would be the lowest end of the totem pole in this case.
    2. Jedediah Gammell was the donor of four organs, all handled by Dr. Appleton. Louisa Hernandez got Gammell's Pancreas, Dr. Morgan got his heart, Michael Worth in Jacksonville, FL got his liver, and an organ bank in Phoenix got his kidneys.
    3. I need Idea checks from 2 of you

• Options
    Thanks! I'll check them out.
    idea check- 37 vs 70, pass

• Options
    My idea is 55, so the smarter types should roll.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    60 here...

• Options
    You guys are being noisy while Javier is trying really hard to sleep in. Dude had a rough night.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I guess that leaves you, El Skid

• Options
    You'll be soooooory...

Idea Check vs 60 (1d100=93) FAIL

• Options
    von Todt has a notion that something is off about the dates with Gammell. Guy has a strong urge to eat pancakes.

• Options
    I approve of Guy's urge, and humbly submit that he was better off failing that roll :P

• Options
    I thought there was, but then I thought to myself "maybe he's a hundred". I guess I wasn't paying attention!

• Options
    I thought there was, but then I thought to myself "maybe he's a hundred". I guess I wasn't paying attention!
    It's also not a Keeper mistake!

• Options
    I know he was 60 when he died. I think the year is currently 1983, so that would put his year of birth at 1923. He was a millionaire in 1963, which matches these details. However, he was in Laos around the turn of the century, putting his year of birth at like 1880, making him around 100. I also swore I read something in the thread that said he was 80 when he died, but I can't find it. So yeah, some shenanigans somewhere.

• Options
    Once everyone is satisfied with their discussions, figure out where you want to go and what you want to do. I can make a suggestion, if you'd like.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Well I'm done. Maybe we can head over to Gammell's house, I think we picked up an address for something somewhere. I don't remember if it was for his house.

edit- I'm all for suggestions from our dear Keeper, if everyone else is up for it.

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    I think we should investigate the address, but I am also up for suggestions.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Off you go to Gammell's house!

edit: oh look, we're 2 posts away from post #666

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    I don't like the sound of that...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It would seem that the fiendish post #666 will be a simple ping for all players. @peff @El Skid @cayrus, @Captain Marcus

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    All according to plan! muahahaha

• Options
    The most fiendish of pings!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I need an Idea roll from @Cayrus or @Captain Marcus

• Options
    I'll leave that to @Captain Marcus.

• Options
    roll vs 70 58 pass

• Options
    Spot Hidden will do it Skid.

• Options
  • Options
    I actually didn't read that about the door being open. :P

Here's a Spot Hidden (vs 75) if needed:
    1d100=42
    Pass!

• Options
  • Options
    Are there any other rooms in the house or stairs to different floors?

• Options
    You have, not counting the outhouse, visited all of the rooms in the house. There is, of course, always the possibility of secret compartments, basements, crawl spaces, attics, or portals to another dimension.

• Options
    The portal to another dimension is in the shed, actually.

Which is totally why Guy didn't try to get in there. It actually had nothing to do with the fact that I forgot to give Guy a lockpicking skill... sigh.

• Options
    Don't let me tell you how to play, but with 17 STR, you're definitely the strongest guy in the group, and the one most likely to be able to chop your way into the shack with that axe.

Also of note, I just noticed that Dread_Cthulhu is posting again. I'm tempted to ping him and try to bring the long missing Oscar Schmidt back. Bwah ha ha.

• Options
    If it comes to that, Guy has no problem hacking in there. Just going off of the house number he didn't want to go straight into B&E territory, especially with a potential Snitchy McSnitchSnitch lurking around :P