As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hot Webcomic Time Machine

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    I question the reality of this comic book world

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Batman is almost a reassuring figure in the crime world, to be sure.

Get caught mugging an old lady? Eh, you'll get some high-rise bondage action, maybe. Cop catches you?

They have guns. You will be arrested.

Paperwork-wise a little dizziness is the easy street.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Raneados wrote:
    horse pies!

another subject: I assume gotham is in america, yes?
    I mean, I'm not one for EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A GUN laws

but if you live in gotham

you should probably HAVE A GODDAMN GUN at all times

I wouldn't walk out of my house unless I was wired with explosives

everyone gets fucking taken hostage like 2 times a year guaranteed

You pull out a gun in Gotham, it will probably get frozen, or you'll get a playing card lodged in the barrel, or you'll shoot them and they will be a robot, or dodge because they are a master of time, or vaporize the bullet before it gets to you.

Even if its just thugs, there is always at least a single thug standing directly behind the nervous, gun-toting civilian. Without fail.

Fugitive on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    if batman gets you all you have to do is go like

JOKER'S PLANNING TO BLOW UP CITY HALL IN 10 MINUTES, I KNOW, I'M A CRIMINAL

and batman friggin lets you go and leaves

it'll never be true, but batman can't take that chance

• Options
    Fugitive wrote:
    Raneados wrote:
    horse pies!

another subject: I assume gotham is in america, yes?
    I mean, I'm not one for EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A GUN laws

but if you live in gotham

you should probably HAVE A GODDAMN GUN at all times

I wouldn't walk out of my house unless I was wired with explosives

everyone gets fucking taken hostage like 2 times a year guaranteed

You pull out a gun in Gotham, it will probably get frozen, or you'll get a playing card lodged in the barrel, or you'll shoot them and they will be a robot, or dodge because they are a master of time, or vaporize the bullet before it gets to you.

Even if its just thugs, there is always at least a single thug standing directly behind the nervous, gun-toting civilian. Without fail.

PFFT

Gotham city has between 10 and 30 million people, someone's going to eventually shoot joker in the fucking face

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Except then Batman know you are lying (because he knows the ways of criminals, a cowardly and superstitious lot)

And then he casually breaks your shin bones until you stop lying

He doesn't kill but that doesn't mean that he won't leave you unable to eat solid food

• Options
    he was always going to kill you anyway

AND if you try to murder him and fail, there's a GOOD chance joker's going to be like

holy shit you just do not give a fuck, you need to be on my team

and then you're like shit yeah

and you take over the subway with laughing robots

guys I just want to be a supervillain so bad

• Options
    Solar wrote:
    Except then Batman know you are lying (because he knows the ways of criminals, a cowardly and superstitious lot)

And then he casually breaks your shin bones until you stop lying

He doesn't kill but that doesn't mean that he won't leave you unable to eat solid food

batman gets off on torture, even though he, as a detective, knows that it's famously unreliable

batman KNOWS you're lying, eh?
    mmmhmmm

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Batman knows because he is Batman

And he isn't so much torturing as he is punishing you for lying

"Stop lying" he says, as he breaks your wrist

Solar on
  • Options
    even though I love batman so much

it's weird to think that with the viewership that threads get, this series of posts have inspired, or at least will help to inspire (with other factors accumulating) at least ONE person

to hate batman

• Options
    Solar wrote:
    Batman knows because he is Batman

And he isn't so much torturing as he is punishing you for lying

"Stop lying" he says, as he breaks your wrist

so he'll casually torture people, to the effect of them being crippled for life, but won't kill anyone?

yikes

that's a fucked up moral compass, you crazy billionaire

• Options
    Raneados wrote:
    he was always going to kill you anyway

AND if you try to murder him and fail, there's a GOOD chance joker's going to be like

holy shit you just do not give a fuck, you need to be on my team

and then you're like shit yeah

and you take over the subway with laughing robots

guys I just want to be a supervillain so bad

But he promised me power beyond my wildest dreams he was just going to electrocute me in my sleep, wasn't he?

• Options
    oh, making deals with the joker is a fool's game to be sure

but the foot in the door is all I need, mista J

• Options
    edited October 2011
    God Harley Quinn is so annoying

Every time I hear "Mista J" in the new Batman game I just want to snap her neck

Solar on
  • Options
    new yorkers, man

• Options
    edited October 2011
    I wonder how many villains have died because some poor guy they were torturing to death had an overactive fight or flight reaction.

You put enough people in a situation where they are about to be killed by lapel-acid, one of them is going to get some dumb luck.

Fugitive on
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    raneados is harley?

• Options
    Fugitive wrote:
    I wonder how many villains have died because some poor guy they were torturing to death had an overactive fight or flight reaction.

You put enough people in a situation where they are about to be killed by lapel-acid, one of them is going to get some dumb luck.

I want this

I never knew how much i wanted this until right now

• Options
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    jerkcity4694.gif

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    Fugitive wrote:
    And also allow the slums to be flooded with poison gas.

Because of a technicality.

huh?

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    2S3nP.png

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    are we having the why doesn't someone just kill joker conversation

i imagine for the same reason no-one just kills batman, there are lots of people trying to but he has ninja powers and no-one knows where he is at any given time

any normal human trying to snipe the joker would discover the real joker sneaking up behind him to yell BOO

batman has a pathological aversion to killing people. superman's too secretly jesus to do it. wonder woman would do it, though. wonder woman teams up with commissioner gordon to kill the joker is a story i'd like to read.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    If you kill the Joker then you become no better than he is

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    if you kill the joker and it takes the death of several thousand people and slapstick and puns, you become no better than he is

• Options
    Why doesn't Superman just punch Lex Luthor

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Seriously wrote:

If I only kill Joker and then go back to being a decent citizen I think I'm a good deal better than him.

The real reason is best said by Dustin Hoffman: What would the world be like without Captain Hook?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Enc wrote:
    Seriously wrote:

If I only kill Joker and then go back to being a decent citizen I think I'm a good deal better than him.

The real reason is best said by Dustin Hoffman: What would the world be like without Captain Hook?

Pretty much the same since he lives on another plane of existence and hasn't interacted with the world for centuries

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    why are there, like, 18 cold sore threads in H/A

someone in there must be ground 0 for herpes.

• Options
    :whistle:

• Options
    actually the thought of getting cold sores is one of those things that bother me to an irrational level

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    I will give everyone in this thread a dollar if you'll stop posting QC for just one week

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote:
    actually the thought of getting cold sores is one of those things that bother me to an irrational level

Bear in mind Cold sores cover several blemishes. I get them yearly because my lips chap something fierce. Explaining I an not a whore is tiresome

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Deal

I pick the week of March 10-16, 2002.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i woke up with a surprise cold sore a few months ago

it was awful

thus ends my tale

• Options
    When can I expect to see this dollar in my PM box?

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    I sent the details necessary. Contact the bank or building society responsible for holding your accounts and you'll be able to cash in the offer

Note that the expiry date is May 23rd, 2002, but hey that gives you plenty of time

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    you have made an intermediate-level enemy this day

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote:
    Seriously wrote:

Pretty much the same since he lives on another plane of existence and hasn't interacted with the world for centuries

Peter Pan definitely sounds like more of a grey area, because Pirates and Lost Boys kill each other. It's more of a war than terrorist acts by the pirates. (In Hook, Rufio said "The only grownups are pirates. We kill pirates." A weird, all-encompassing death warrant that might include the ship's chef who wouldn't harm a fly [who i just made up].)

• Options
    HuxleyHuxley Registered User regular
    Also, who fucking cares if you piss off Batman? He's not going to KILL you. Worst thing that happens, he arrests you and turns you in. And then what? What jury would convict the guy who shot Mr Freeze in the face? The whole thing would just be like,

Sir, how could you do such a wonderful service for our fair city?

Well, Judge, I guess I'm just ice cold.

[Ends on a freeze frame on entire courtroom laughing and high-fiving.]

This discussion has been closed.