As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Boardwalk Empire (NSF56K, some Season 1 Spoilers)

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Jimmy is a fucking idiot

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    You done fucked up, boychick.

God damn.
    Yeah, I don't know what in the hell Jimmy was thinking with that. Pay the man the money you owe him.

Dude got some power and has decided it's time to go off the rails and fuck with a dude he knows will fuck his shit up.

I got chills at the end of the episode. This is such a great episode, but it's so sad.
    I don't see Jimmy surviving this at all. I also enjoyed how they portrayed the growing split within the IRA. Shocking and sad. Then the polio thing :(

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    I think that Jimmy
    thinks that Richard will still be around to protect him if any shit goes down, but as much as Richard has been asking Jimmy if they're really friends makes me think he's not gonna be riding this train too much longer

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    I think that Jimmy
    thinks that Richard will still be around to protect him if any shit goes down, but as much as Richard has been asking Jimmy if they're really friends makes me think he's not gonna be riding this train too much longer
    I wonder when his mother is going to get killed.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Pharezon wrote:
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    I think that Jimmy

The sooner the fucking better, if you ask me

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    I think that Jimmy

The sooner the fucking better, if you ask me

Amen. She's been the shit captain of this entire enterprise. Also, favorite bit about this episode was
    the toothpick was still there, even at the end.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    I don't think his momma is going to be able to kiss his winky and make all this go away.
    I really don't like her and it's crazy to say that in a show where many people aren't exactly likable. She's had some shit done to her for sure, but she's pretty much put Jimmy on the path he's on. Well, her and the Commodore.

And something is really going on with Richard. He feels insulted because of the way Jimmy has been acting towards and around him. He keeps asking Jimmy if he's his friend like he needs re-assurance. I don't think he's going to get it. I think that friendship is going to get tested and Richard may get fucked in the process and Jimmy even more fucked in the end because of that.

But yeah the show has been really sad lately. The last episode was more so. I really felt so sorry for the kid and our cranky Irish friend.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Macro9 wrote:
    I don't think his momma is going to be able to kiss his winky and make all this go away.
    I really don't like her and it's crazy to say that in a show where many people aren't exactly likable. She's had some shit done to her for sure, but she's pretty much put Jimmy on the path he's on. Well, her and the Commodore.

And something is really going on with Richard. He feels insulted because of the way Jimmy has been acting towards and around him. He keeps asking Jimmy if he's his friend like he needs re-assurance. I don't think he's going to get it. I think that friendship is going to get tested and Richard may get fucked in the process and Jimmy even more fucked in the end because of that.

But yeah the show has been really sad lately. The last episode was more so. I really felt so sorry for the kid and our cranky Irish friend.

The way they did it too, off in the distance. It was well done.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Macro9 wrote:

Haha oh man when she said that

I was just like "..... the fuck?"

• Options
    Pharezon wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:

The way they did it too, off in the distance. It was well done.

That scene was amazing

• Options
    Oh my god you guys oh my SHIT

EVERYONE

IS

FUCKED

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    OHMYGOD

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Hahahahahahaha. Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    God.

Damn.

I never really expected things to take a turn in the direction it did.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    JIMMY
    WHAT THE HELL, MAN

I was hoping they wouldn't go that route and then they did
    they so fucking did
    oh my god

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    So yeah, that just happened

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options

there have been times in this show where I really wondered, you know, but I was like nah, they wouldn't do that, it's not that kind of show

but then

• Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:

there have been times in this show where I really wondered, you know, but I was like nah, they wouldn't do that, it's not that kind of show

but then

Watched the episode with the mother, and boy was it awkward. You kinda start seeing it happen but you are thinking nah its not going to happen.

But it did.

It diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid.

NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    what do you guys think of this episode? Is it too much?

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    I'm trying to decide, still
    Most of the episode was pretty solid, and I liked the scene with Jimmy and the Commodore

But I think that one part was going a bit too far, yeah

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    That um

That

My jaw was just kind of hanging open in horror for about 5 minutes

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Well, you can't really separate the commodore stuff from the other stuff, it's kind of the same thread.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Well I think the tension between Jimmy and his parents can still be present and legitimate for a number of reasons even without that incident

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Ok I am catching up but now I just really know what happened in the past two episodes someone sum up

• Options
    shit got real

and gross

• Options
    Langly wrote:
    Ok I am catching up but now I just really know what happened in the past two episodes someone sum up

Did you mean to type that you want to know?

Well
    A guy is sent to kill Manny Horvitz, but fucks it up and dies; Manny finds a matchbook from a club in Atlantic City in the guy's pocket and breaks into Jimmy's house one night looking to kill him; Jimmy's out of town and Horvitz winds up shooting Jimmy's wife and the woman she was sleeping with

Meanwhile tonight we got some flashbacks to when Jimmy was at Princeton and dating Angela; his mom comes to visit him one weekend; he finds out at this time that Angela is pregnant; he and his mom get very drunk, go home, AND JIMMY FUCKS HIS OWN MOM

oh and there's some stuff about one of Margaret's kids having polio and she's thinking it's divine punishment and she's considering testifying against Nucky, and shit's coming down on Van Alden for killing his partner last season, and Jimmy killed the Commodore near the end of tonight's ep, but all of that pales in comparison to JIMMY FUCKED HIS MOM OH GOD

• Options
    They haven't been doing much with Richard for a few episodes but it looks like he'll be busy next week
    He clearly cared for Angela because she was one of the rare people who treated him like a human being, and I think he probably wants to avenge her as much as Jimmy does if not more

• Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    At this point the only person I truly care and like is Richard.

And then there's Owen I guess.

NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Holy dang

• Options
    I like the ira guy

• Options
    Yeah that's Owen
    He seems okay

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Jimmy is a fucking idiot
    I know. . . I can't believe it's been this long and he still hasn't fucked his mom. What gives?

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    My first thoughts on episode 10
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Followed immediately by
    Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Then after some meditation I came to the conclusion
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    hardxcore_conservativehardxcore_conservative Registered User regular
    I think you guys might be missing the subtext here:
    That Jimmy's "mom" is a sexually abusive interloper who groomed him from a young age to be a violent psychopath. Think about it. It's no accident that she looks so young, relative to him—and that line about how "they grow up so fast" after she took his son? Come on; it's history repeating itself.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    I am definitely enjoying this series a lot more than the previous one. Although I've missed like 3 episodes due to my tv crapping out on me

• Options
    Yes, season 2 has been excellent and a step up from the first season. They keep introducing awesome characters like the badass Jewish gangster and awesome lady prosecutor and Irish badass and keep upping the ante.

• Options
    NumerosNumeros Goodness GraciousRegistered User regular
    I'll remember.

• Options
    I think you guys might be missing the subtext here:
    That Jimmy's "mom" is a sexually abusive interloper who groomed him from a young age to be a violent psychopath. Think about it. It's no accident that she looks so young, relative to him—and that line about how "they grow up so fast" after she took his son? Come on; it's history repeating itself.
    it's no accident because she was like 12 or 13 when she got pregnant with him. If he's 20-21 she's only like 33.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Jimmy is a fucking idiot
    I know. . . I can't believe it's been this long and he still hasn't fucked his mom. What gives?

Please tell me you wrote this just before actually watching the episode

• Options
    so i watched the steve buscemi interview with jimmy fallon.

man, jimmy fallon is a poor interviewer.