As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Occupy Page 48!

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Could someone explain the tea party thing about them telling folks not to hire anyone?

They want the economy to stay in the shitter so they can blame it on Obama. To further this end, they're asking people to hold off on hiring anyone until after the election to keep unemployment up.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote:
    Could someone explain the tea party thing about them telling folks not to hire anyone?

They want the economy to stay in the shitter so they can blame it on Obama. To further this end, they're asking people to hold off on hiring anyone until after the election to keep unemployment up.

Death to America, Power to our Rebel Group!
    Same as the Taliban, really.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote:
    If I didn't have a job in finance and wasn't trying to build a family, you can bet I'd be on the front lines. But I do, and I am, so I can't. But I will comment the fuck out of this thing.

More or less what I told my coworkers when we discussed it a week ago. I mean, we don't work in finance or anything, but the sentiment shared was "Just because we're working doesn't mean we aren't a part of it." I was really surprised that everyone was on board with the Occupy movement. Especially because they're generally conservative, politically-speaking.

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:
    hoodie13 wrote:
    If I didn't have a job in finance and wasn't trying to build a family, you can bet I'd be on the front lines. But I do, and I am, so I can't. But I will comment the fuck out of this thing.

More or less what I told my coworkers when we discussed it a week ago. I mean, we don't work in finance or anything, but the sentiment shared was "Just because we're working doesn't mean we aren't a part of it." I was really surprised that everyone was on board with the Occupy movement. Especially because they're generally conservative, politically-speaking.
    Heck, I'd love to go down there on the weekends, when I'm not working. But if someone saw me or my wife there, that could pretty quickly turn into us being fired.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    hoodie13 wrote:

Heck, I'd love to go down there on the weekends, when I'm not working. But if someone saw me or my wife there, that could pretty quickly turn into us being fired.

In your career yeah. But then again, if you did it, it would help expose the bullshit this is all about.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    The page thing happens to phallas in CF all the time, it is frustrating

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Henroid wrote:
    hoodie13 wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    hoodie13 wrote:

In your career yeah. But then again, if you did it, it would help expose the bullshit this is all about.

Dad why do we eat shoe leather?

Well son, I needed to show solidarity with workers and my career was ruined because of it, and then the people I was protesting with forgot about me after a week. Have a nice time at broken shiv highschool today.

When you get married/have a family, you realize "fuck all y'all."

Seriously, I don't give a fuck, my son comes first. If I had a choice between a solid future for him via my career and my values/morals? It's not even a choice. I won't damn him because I want to feel good about myself.

Langly on
  • Options
    Just to be clear I wasn't actually advocating he do it.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I don't with to being to start telling anyone here what to think, but I would like to leave a suggestion.

Let's stop lambasting all the cops as assholes and yelling police brutality because regardless of right now, some credit needs to be given for the whole of the force that protects people every day. I don't care where you live in the U.S. It's easy to read a news report and go ZOMG! without being there, but maybe we can give some benefit of the doubt to the guys who honestly want to serve their community.

If you've ever been a part of anything like this you will know how quick chaotic bubbles pop out of no-where and even the people to witness it don't have a clear view of what happened a lot of times.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    I think most of us know how to not be Thanatos, while not being Deebaser. The two ends of the cop hate / love spectrum.

• Options
    bhealeybhealey Registered User regular
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    My protest goals.

1. Destroy Fox News
    2. Lower the Drinking Age
    3. Legalize Marijuana.

That will fix the economy

sig1.jpg
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Monkeyfeet:
    I quickly read "Destroy Megan Fox" and thought to myself, that might be a good idea. ;)

Legalizing Marijuana would be a favorable approach to patching up some economic issues, I mean, bringing in a resource such as that which has value in the majority of society... I mean.. overhead on production would be almost nothing. Like an internet cafe or some shit you're paying more for insurance and electricity than you are anything else.

Downside is, everyone would be high.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    I seriously doubt everyone would be high. But that wouldn't be too much of a downside. Some people need to chill the fuck out.

sig1.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Just read an article outlining what is known about Rick Perry's flat-tax plan. This guy might actually create an even smaller tax base though I'm not sure if it's because he's drinking the Laffer Kool-Aide or trying to shrink the government. Probably a combination of the two.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Page 48 is jerks.

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    occupy my hammock

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    is it a banana hammock?

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    So is Oakland in flames, yet?

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    LTM wrote:

How could we tell if it was?

• Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    last night i went to this cool anarchist lecture by the guys from http://crimethinc.com/

it was really neat

• Options
    LTM wrote:

How could we tell if it was?

Hi-Yooooooooooooo

• Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    oh and they talked about the occupy thing

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Hey here's a fun read. (It's a blog post, so grain of salt and all that.)
    Morgan: Initially, it appeared to be that you were saying you wouldn’t feel comfortable, your words, with having a Muslim in a cabinet.

Cain: Exactly. And this is an example of where I spoke to quick because I’m thinking about extremists, not all Muslims. I do recognize there are peaceful Muslims and there are extremists. At the moment that I was asked that question, I wasn’t thinking about peaceful Muslims.

But in this case, before he did his flip flop he went on the radio show of the king of the wingnuts, Bryan Fischer, and explained that he really, really meant it.

Cain: ...I don’t have time, as President of the United States, to try and screen people based upon their religious beliefs – I really don’t care what your religious beliefs are, but I do know that most of the people of the Muslim faith, they believe in sharia law. And to introduce that element as part of an administration when we have all of these other issues, I think I have a right to say that I won’t.

• Options
    Ubik wrote:
    is it a banana hammock?

yes

• Options
    I once had an Indian in a cupboard, that's almost the same thing.

• Options
    now THAT was a fun movie

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Projeck wrote:
    last night i went to this cool anarchist lecture by the guys from http://crimethinc.com/

it was really neat

I "read" Days of War, Nights of Love for a class one time

it's in quotes because I actually read maybe four pages

they were okay pages

sig.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    So what's up with Bank of America are they chapter 11ing I got some cows and chickens in that vault if you know what I'm saying

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    So what's up with Bank of America are they chapter 11ing I got some cows and chickens in that vault if you know what I'm saying

not officially but speculation is saying that they might

• Options

Is this real? Where are you seeing this?

• Options
    edited October 2011
    LTM wrote:

Is this real? Where are you seeing this?

Is Bank of America preparing for a Chapter 11? - Reuters

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    I don’t have any access to inside skinny, but what I see suggests to this investment banker that a restructuring may impend at Bank of America.

I'd love to see BofA burn, but this is hardly authoritative.

• Options
    I never said it was! I specifically said it was speculation!

• Options
    I didn't mean that as a shot against you, sorry.

Looks like there's that one guy calling it, and then some obscure blogs. I guess I was just hoping, haha.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    That's my family's bank. And it's FDIC insured, sure, but I have no idea how much of it is guaranteed. I doubt we have 250k or more in the bank, but I'm 18, I don't know a damn thing about the family's finances.

I dunno! I don't like being an adult! It's scary! Shit was cool when you were all the ones who had to deal with this shit!

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Javen wrote:

Do you have any links to back this up? It's not that I think it wouldn't happen but it seems like a seriously insane thing to do. Cut off your nose to spite your face kind of thing

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    FirmSkater wrote:
    Javen wrote:

Do you have any links to back this up? It's not that I think it wouldn't happen but it seems like a seriously insane thing to do. Cut off your nose to spite your face kind of thing

I hate them on the principle that they're sullying the good name of tea.

t9migZb.jpg
This discussion has been closed.