As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SIGIL THREAD BROKEN NUMBER 2

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Kinda, Retaba claimed to actually BE the seer on day2, and gave us Greeper who was a devil.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    seems about right. Yeah.

and that's where we are at this point in time.

• Options
    With all these seers around there should be someone who can give us a target for the day, no? With Kime dead I can't tell who's evil anymore.

Also colors, I love surprises.

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    flarne is evil cause he wants to sheep

• Options
    flarne is evil cause he wants to sheep

You're evil because you want to goat. And goats are demony.

• Options
    i actually dont know if he's evil but he wants to sheep and that is silly

• Options
    hey only half goat thank you very much

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    Flarne wrote:
    With all these seers around there should be someone who can give us a target for the day, no? With Kime dead I can't tell who's evil anymore.

Also colors, I love surprises.

Wait a second... didn't Retaba say that he had tried to kill a mafia/demon/devil, and didn't succeed or something?

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i dunno, D.

there's all kinds of talk about betrayal and betraying demons and things.

and I remember clearly how much you love to backstab your way to badassness.

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    Using my patented* mafia detection scheme:

HollowerFollower for staying below my radar - looking through the player list, I don't actually recall you!

* not patented

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    If Vagrant Winds is actually the Pillar of Skulls...

That's worth a lynchin' rope, I think.

• Options
    i dunno, D.

there's all kinds of talk about betrayal and betraying demons and things.

and I remember clearly how much you love to backstab your way to badassness.

Pfft I am totally not planning on betraying anyone or anythings today.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    The person I suspect as a demon was not seer'd but some information came up indicating they might be one, also while I wanted them killed, I wasn't exactly positive I had enough vigs in the first place so their lack of death isn't that surprising. PrecisionK and I are talking and hopefully something will come of it

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Interesting.

• Options
    RedasaurRedasaur Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Retaba wrote:
    The person I suspect as a demon was not seer'd but some information came up indicating they might be one, also while I wanted them killed, I wasn't exactly positive I had enough vigs in the first place so their lack of death isn't that surprising. PrecisionK and I are talking and hopefully something will come of it

Why are you hiding the identity of who you think is a demon? And the reasons you think they're a demon?

Redasaur on
  • Options
    immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I am Bluestreak

(yeah, I am half a page late, but whatevers)

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Redasaur wrote:
    Retaba wrote:

Why are you hiding the identity of who you think is a demon? And the reasons you think they're a demon?

Uh maybe so he can gather evidence and or have them vigged? You don't kill all mafia with a vote, and furthermore it would be too early in the day to call a vote.

You never reveal/call a vote until late in the day, otherwise you've wasted the day.

Networks don't tell everything they know to the public. that's why they are a network. If you tell the thread, you have told the mafia.

• Options
    Which is still earlier than he called the vote on greeper and was applauded for it.

• Options
    There are plenty of reasons not to trust these seers at the moment, but the constant gotcha-ing going on is silly. There are a million reasons not to go public with your info as a seer, and they're all good.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Revelations: vagrant winds is a gibbering pile of dead heads. SCARY. The voice toldme this, told me in dark places I couldn't see. SCARY. It told me to search and search again.

Pillar is from Baator, home to bad-things. Must be bad. I ONLY DO AS IM TOLD. WE NEED MANY SWORDS TO KILL MANY HEADS!!!

It tells untruths of it's being to deceive, do not listen to its vile poisonous words, you may die! Poison is bad for you!!

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Capfalcon wrote:
    If Vagrant Winds is actually the Pillar of Skulls...

That's worth a lynchin' rope, I think.

Ropes. Lots of ropes. For lots of... skulls? Maybe we should switch to lynching hammers for this one. If Vagrant WInds is the Pillar of Skulls then it needs to die (given that in the lore that makes it a traitorous Geographical goddamn Feature of the home plane of the Devils (or Demons, can't remember which).

Of course, the "evidence" for VW being the Pillar of Skulls is this:

REG Rysk wrote:
    One person can see me, this is a good sign, yes, we've got this, if that one person never ever dies and continues to answer me for eternity then I can be absolutely assured of the fact that I exist.

A man wanders the planes for many years
    Telling many lies; they are egregious sins.
    I now call for his head on a spear,
    The Pile of Skulls, vagrant_winds

So... it might not be worth much. Hells, maybe we should be voting for RR based on craaaazy.
    I need a coffee.

• Options
    CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    vagrant_winds

The Pillar of Skulls would make some sense for a devil seer. Do we have any confirmation that a "merchant" faction exists apart from player claims?

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Stever because I didn't get to vote for him yesterday.

• Options
    Yeah right now vagrant_winds seems like a good choice. Also Grimmy vagrant admitted to being the skulls, it's not the only evidence.

Well he said "why would you want to kill the merchant" to rysk after his crazy tirade.

• Options
    RedasaurRedasaur Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    Uh maybe so he can gather evidence and or have them vigged? You don't kill all mafia with a vote, and furthermore it would be too early in the day to call a vote.

You never reveal/call a vote until late in the day, otherwise you've wasted the day.

Networks don't tell everything they know to the public. that's why they are a network. If you tell the thread, you have told the mafia.

I guess I don't see the point of saying "I know something about someone, I think. But I'm not going to tell you who. Or what. And we may have tried to vig whoever it was but apparently it didn't work." How is that useful to us?

• Options
    Langly wrote:
    Yeah right now vagrant_winds seems like a good choice. Also Grimmy vagrant admitted to being the skulls, it's not the only evidence.

Well he said "why would you want to kill the merchant" to rysk after his crazy tirade.

Ah. Was that towards the end of the old thread? I missed it. Aaaaanyway, I've been burned once by someone (ahem, Arivia) claiming neutrality this game. Not falling for that again.

Even if this time it happens to be true. Now I remember why I quit phalla.

• Options
    I'd rather wait and see what Retaba and PK have for us today.

...you do have something for us today, right? Right?

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Grimmy it was on the first page. it's like, the fourth post

Langly on
  • Options
    Redasaur, I can under the rest of that statement but...
    Implying I wasn't going to tell you when I never said such a thing is not very kind.

• Options
    immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    GrimmyTOA wrote:
    Langly wrote:

Ah. Was that towards the end of the old thread? I missed it. Aaaaanyway, I've been burned once by someone (ahem, Arivia) claiming neutrality this game. Not falling for that again.

Even if this time it happens to be true. Now I remember why I quit phalla.

(Only need one green post per day, per player brosef)

Also, vagrant_winds sounds like a good enough target. Good enough for me to poop on.

<3
  • Options
    Redasaur wrote:
    Langly wrote:

I guess I don't see the point of saying "I know something about someone, I think. But I'm not going to tell you who. Or what. And we may have tried to vig whoever it was but apparently it didn't work." How is that useful to us?

he never said he wouldn't tell us, he just didn't tell us at that point. Like I said, you don't call a vote or reveal something early. It's not good.

Also, the point of relaying that information is really just a nice thing to do. It's not just silence from the network, it's nice to say "hey we've got a solid lead, still working on it"

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Langly wrote:

You're the fourth post. Hmm. Well, I'm not sure that vw's post there counts as an admission to being the PoS(kulls). That said, I've voted for him and that stands.

P.S. Sorry, I totally missed that post when I was catching up on the new thread.

EDIT: Thanks for the clarification, Squish. That's a relief.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOA wrote:
    Langly wrote:

You're the fourth post. Hmm. Well, I'm not sure that vw's post there counts as an admission to being the PoS(kulls). That said, I've voted for him and that stands.

P.S. Sorry, I totally missed that post when I was catching up on the new thread.

EDIT: Thanks for the clarification, Squish. That's a relief.

it wouldn't be if the next post he made (in response to "was that a reveal??") hadn't been "I don't care who knows who I am, I am not out to kill anyone and lack the ability"

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Redasaur wrote:

You are redeemed for your kime-analyzing ways. I have to actually disagree with Langly on this one. Once you say you have a solid lead, it becomes known that a sheep vote is incoming, and mafia can vote however they want. The vote record is ruined as soon as you say you have a target.

Also, is the pillar of skulls a merchant? How does saying that you're a merchant imply that he's the pillar of skulls?

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Yea totally missed that reveal there, though not completely convinced to kill him if he is just a merchant-not really sure what demons/devils get for buying weapons and how they pay for it-guessing life based on what Infy said-maybe not terrible if they weaken themselves and kill each other. Though now that I just said that that does really sound like a bad idea-vagrant winds

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    So the person I had attacked last night and is suspect of being a demon is Jdarksun, if anyone has any information that can confirm/deny I guess now would be the time to tell me or tell us all, otherwise Jdarksun
    As for this Vwinds, thing? Its up to you guys if you want to vote him out tonight or tomorrow.

• Options
    Oh wow haha, that is very weird timing

• Options
    edited October 2011
    It was suggested by someone (precisionk? Infidel? Retaba?) in the old thread that there are merchants that only sell to mafia in the game.

If that is the case, and vagrant is such a merchant, then we should be cutting the mafia off from a source of desired gods by voting out vagrant. If he's simply lying, and the Pillar of Skulls is mafia-aligned, then a should vote out vagrant.

Either way, I'm content with my vote's usefulness for the village.

Edit: apparently my phone thinks that merchanrd is a word.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    I never advocated for silence, I advocated for the seers not telling the village everything, because that is the entire point of a network. Villagers are unconnected and could be told anything by anybody, like jdark's thing there. What proof is there? None but his word. A network is seeing much more than the village sees, and can make better decisions than the village can.

A silent village is one that is doomed to lose, but that doesn't mean the network should be an open thing, that's stupid.

• Options
    Fine, let's see how deep this rabbit hole goes. Baidol

This discussion has been closed.