As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoD] Shotgun Nerf Inbound. Somehow, this isn't a joke.

• Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Of course you think it's better than MW2, the entire system is designed to benefit people with connections like yours.

The guy in that video is the host ffs.

Edit: reverse caps

The game now does this cool thing where if it thinks your connection is too good, it'll deliberately move their hitbox as if you're experiencing lag.

If you're already lagging you're obviously not going to see that part of it.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Hibernus wrote:
    Of course you think it's better than MW2, the entire system is designed to benefit people with connections like yours.

It really really doesnt.

And he really really isnt.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    What the heck are they gonna nerf on shotguns? Maybe they'll just patch em out of the game completely.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Hibernus wrote:

Edit: reverse caps

The game now does this cool thing where if it thinks your connection is too good, it'll deliberately move their hitbox as if you're experiencing lag.

If you're already lagging you're obviously not going to see that part of it.

So the reason I die to people that either
    1) arent on my screen
    or
    2) arent shooting

is because my connection is
    a) too good
    or
    b) too bad

you tell me, since you are god of internet connections and can tell who is host in a 20sec video file where 5 people all have 4 bar connections

• Options
    Where the heck was everyone tonight?

Good games Holi. AND NO ONE ELSE

• Options
    I'm not sure why you get super angry whenever I say that other people are having connection problems, but I'm pretty sure that you having terrible internet doesn't give you the right to tell everyone else that they're not having problems.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good thing I've never said that then!

Also; totally not mad! In the least!

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Good, because every time you post about lag it's basically one giant pity party about how terrible your internet is.

And since you don't get host, you wouldn't know that that video is basically what happens in every game whenever somebody with a bad connection runs at you.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Except the guy in that video that ran at him had a four bar.

And, no, I was actually calling you guys whiney because you are bitching about a <50 ping.

Then you decided to argue with me about how good my internet was and I explained why you are wrong.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good thing I never said your internet is good!

Having a four bar doesn't mean the lag compensation isn't kicking in in your favour.

PS, us having better internet than you doesn't mean we can't complain about an obviously broken system. I had shitty 0.064MB u/d last year and you never saw me coming into the thread to whine about lag, because it was pretty obvious where the problem is.

I can't just go out and get better internet to fix this though because that's not the problem

Hibernus on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote:
    Where the heck was everyone tonight?

Good games Holi. AND NO ONE ELSE

I QUIT BECAUSE I BROKE MY SHIT YOU CUNT.

ALso, I would like to state this one thing....

Two nights ago, I got host. It was glorious.

Tonight, I was on a 3 bar, a bad 3 bar. And I BROKE MY FUCKING SHIT.

So... I'm not sure I buy all the shit about host either.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    If you have host and the enemy team all have good connections to you, no problems will be had and you can enjoy your supreme hostiness as is good and proper and befitting a gentleman of action. If they don't, then the lag compensation code will bring the rage and accessories will perish. Or your win percentage will go down when you quit out and see that you had host, and then accessories will perish. Either way, really.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    I like how in this game, I'm not the one breaking things. I like to think I've mellowed out some.

• Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I'm with mercy, i'll take host anyday of the week rather than deal with a horrible 3 bar.

Also there are two levels of 3 bar:

West coast 3 bar(Shitty)
    or
    East coast 3 bar(not too bad)

Of course you can apply that differently depending on where you live. 8->

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GOD FUCK I HATE NOT HAVING A FUCKING HEADSET.

MAGELL, SCAT, ETC. STOP BITCHING. I ALMOST SINGLEHANDEDLY WON THAT GAME. YOU GUYS WERE BUSY COMPLAINING WHILE I FUCKING CAPPED POINTS AND, YOU KNOW, DEFENDED. UGH. UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

Fucking christfuck, the PA players are so fucking spoiled. It's a hassle when we actually have to defend points instead of rushing like fucking assclowns. GODDAMN YOU MOTHERFUCKERS WILL HEAR WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.

Once I get a new headset. Soon.

EDIT: @0replace4displace @magell

12 kills less than Scat? 500 more points. ONE THOUSAND more points than Magell. Ugh.

I'm so pissed at both of you.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    SEE BELOW:

MERCYWINNING.jpg

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry and I'm drunk, and tonight was a fucking awful night of gaming for me and then I broke half of my headset so there you go.

I'm going to post a game of Team Defender where I put a whole PA team in my backpack to win so fuck you Mercy.

Magell on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Magell wrote:
    I'm sorry and I'm drunk, and tonight was a fucking awful night of gaming for me and then I broke half of my headset so there you go.

I'm also drunk. Hence all the caps. And I broke ... half of my headset in a different way. I can hear all you motherfuckers complaining about whatever imaginary bullshit, but I can't tell you to STOP CRYING AND DEFEND A POINT.

Also I love you all.

<3

EDIT: I'm going to sleep. Assholes.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    Tridus1x wrote:
    I'm with mercy, i'll take host anyday of the week rather than deal with a horrible 3 bar.

I'll trade you?

• Options
    Magell wrote:

I'm also drunk. Hence all the caps. And I broke ... half of my headset in a different way. I can hear all you motherfuckers complaining about whatever imaginary bullshit, but I can't TELL YOU TO STOP CRYING AND DEFEND A POINT.

Also I love you all.

<3

EDIT: I'm going to sleep. Assholes.

Maybe if you kept playing I'd have gotten better.

I'm lying I don't think I'm going to get better. I'm going to play more and find out.

Plus I have to complain about bullshit, I can't admit it's because I'm not good.

• Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    Uh, it seems like thermal in general just eliminates kick. On a sniper rifle there is absolutely no sway with it.

• Options
    It eliminates viewkick or something apparently.

On the L86 I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually remove any recoil, it just makes it look like it does.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Hibernus wrote:
    It eliminates viewkick or something apparently.

On the L86 I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually remove any recoil, it just makes it look like it does.

The lead laser build (thermal + Grip) absolutely destroys air support with blind eye pro. Run scavenger and make blind eye your first spec perk. Stinger gets you blind eye and L86 keeps the air clear

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also Mercy you should fix your mic so we can talk about Glee. You told me to watch all the episodes and then I did. Only to have you break your shit and be unable to talk about that, but also killing people is cool. I'm so manly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5cdzc3YdFI&amp;feature=player_embedded

I love Allison Brie and I'm going to link this everywhere now.

Magell on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Glee has gotten bad.

Really bad.

• Options
    joshgotro wrote:
    Glee has gotten bad.

Really bad.

But that video is Community related so there.

Glee still has its moments, plus I'm too lazy to demand a lot of good stuff from Glee. Now Holi is going to regret mocking Mercy for liking Glee as he finds out most of us like it as well. Plus Santana and Britney are awesome and nobody can argue that.

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I'll step up with Holi and mock you weirdos for watching high-school glee-club drama hour. Between that and finding out that Tibbly is secretly Holiday Martha fucking Stewart I'm not really sure I know anything about anything anymore.

THE WORLD'S NOT THE SAME PLACE I THOUGHT I KNEW, EVERYTHING'S DIFFERENT AND SCARY. SOUNDS LIKE IT'S TIME TO VOTE G.O.P.

[ed] Alison Brie gets a pass for whatever the fuck that was because MAD MEN.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    I grew up in a house that went to a lot of musicals.

Edit: I remember, my older sister's boyfriend, laughing at me when I was about ten for watching west side story. Then the gandland violence scene came on and he shut up.

EditEdit: shit.

• Options
    So... uh, this is an interesting thread. Connection arguements, Drunken break stuff rage and discussion about that awful awful Glee show. The PA crew sure is interesting!

For real though, how can "We're gonna nerf shotguns" not be a joke? Maybe they're just going to nerf the striker since its the only somewhat lethal shotgun in the game?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    THEY MUST FIX BUGS

ALL BUGS MUST BE EXTERMINATED

• Options
    Someone at IW got killed by a striker, now it's gonna get nerfed.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Every shotgun became useful once Range was unlocked. Just move it to second or third unlock.

Makes you cry for a few rounds or one really good round on sea town.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tridus1x wrote:
    Someone at IW got killed by a striker, now it's gonna get nerfed.

This reminds me of one of the loading screen tips I saw yesterday that made me laugh. I think someone at IW got killed by a Juggernaut one too many times.

"Juggernauts aren't so tough when you cram a missile down their throats"

Edit: You know what needs a nerf? Trophy system's ineffectiveness, maybe tone that down a bit. Got killed by a pred missile after making the mad dash to Tridus' (I think) deployed TS. I've switched back to flashbangs + Hardline pro...

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    It'd be cool if you could use prestige tokens to not only unlock a weapon, but you could use another token and unlock all the attachments for it/max out it's leveling. Since, you know, they're not gonna "fix" shotguns.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Edit : ima dumbdumb

ps, remove stalker

Hibernus on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I've never been killed by a shotgun other than the Striker (and that was more than fair), so if they nerf all the shotguns (again) they really most have some kind of hate boner for them.

• Options
    I like the autumn camo because it looks like I dunked my gun into fresh wholesome sewage.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I liked that in MW2 if you got rolling in a lobby the chances that you were host went up just because everybody else was leaving. You could tear off some really good win streaks that way... In MW3 it seems that if you get rolling in a lobby you eventually end up lagging to all hell, getting pissed and leaving that lobby to try and find a new one where you will have a lower chance of being host.

It would actually be interesting to see a comparison of W/L and KDR over a sample of games where you stay in the lobby no matter what versus if you leave after every match.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    GOD FUCK I HATE NOT HAVING A FUCKING HEADSET.

MAGELL, SCAT, ETC. STOP BITCHING. I ALMOST SINGLEHANDEDLY WON THAT GAME. YOU GUYS WERE BUSY COMPLAINING WHILE I FUCKING CAPPED POINTS AND, YOU KNOW, DEFENDED. UGH. UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

Fucking christfuck, the PA players are so fucking spoiled. It's a hassle when we actually have to defend points instead of rushing like fucking assclowns. GODDAMN YOU MOTHERFUCKERS WILL HEAR WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.

Once I get a new headset. Soon.

EDIT: @0replace4displace @magell

12 kills less than Scat? 500 more points. ONE THOUSAND more points than Magell. Ugh.

I'm so pissed at both of you.

Heeeeey, that was the game where I couldn't join party for some reason. And then all of you guys except magell quit in a huff after.

I had the time of my life. Bitch as I do about this game, whatever mad genius thought of that post-death enemy chat-curse thingummy needs all of the medals. That team on the other side got so MAD that I'd busted out the Type 95.

"WHATthe-"
    "Suck a d-"
    "Fuck you StumbledTu-"

And so on.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Dead Man's Hand is the best thing.

Aw man, you killed me...

Ha ha, no but seriously*BABOOM*