As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoD] Shotgun Nerf Inbound. Somehow, this isn't a joke.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    MK14, FAD, AK47, G36c, Scavenger, and the two title/emblem packs available to me.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    joshgotro wrote:
    Yeah. You either unlock the FAD or the MP7. RSASS maybe. Stryker yes.

Anything else is a waste.

C4 and RPGs want to have a word with you.

But they can't because you died when you exploded.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why would anyone waste a token on Scav?

aka pretty much the most worthless perk

I mean, it isn't Overkill.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    I like using scavenger for my suppressed classes.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Burtletoy wrote:
    joshgotro wrote:
    Yeah. You either unlock the FAD or the MP7. RSASS maybe. Stryker yes.

Anything else is a waste.

C4 and RPGs want to have a word with you.

But they can't because you died when you exploded.

C4 is the best grenade. Yes.

I can throw the semtex further. A RPG isn't going to take down a helicopter with one hit.

• Options
    Burtletoy wrote:
    Why would anyone waste a token on Scav?

aka pretty much the most worthless perk

I mean, it isn't Overkill.

I run out of bullets when I run SoH.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Dashui wrote:
    Fawst wrote:
    I don't know if I should unlock the SCAR, the ACR or the G36 when I prestige. Or, do I just unlock the Type 95 for speedy leveling? Scavenger is another option... I have two tokens, will have 3 when I prestige. Not sure what to do. TOO MANY GOOD OPTIONS.

Why spend the token on the SCAR? You earn that gun at level 6.

That's what I get for posting about things I don't think about while I'm at work. I wouldn't waste one on the SCAR. The ACR, sure. It's a later unlock. But not the SCAR.

Also, I run Scav because I don't want to pick up the inferior weapons that my enemies have left behind. They're dead and I'm not for a reason.

Fawst on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I've picked up a fallen's ACR on occasion (mainly because I'm out of ammo and for some reason, since his has an holo sight and is blue, it's magazines don't work in my gun).

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    with my MW2 token i got a custom slot, with my first prestige token i got a custom slot, with my second prestige token i got the MP7. with my thrid prestige token im gonna get the stinger, then the FAD, then probably a custom class slot until i have 10.

and "josh," if that is your real name, i think ive only ever played with you for like an hour in MW2, but i will WRECK YOUR SHIT COME JANUARY.

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Options
    Pick up one of the 50000 type 95s that are everywhere.

• Options
    The 95 is like the M16 in BLOPS: it works some of the time when I use it, but I always die on the first fucking bullet when used against me. Even if that's not "what really happened," it's what fucking happened on my screen while I was playing. I am debating the MP7, since it's a pretty beast gun, even if it's not that great at long distance. Unfortunately for me, I'm more of a long distance battle kind of guy.

• Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Burtletoy wrote:
    Pick up one of the 50000 type 95s that are everywhere.

Pretty much this. 90% drop rate on overpowered weapons when playing against pubbies, since everyone puts on +1 douchebag boots.

Edit- Keep in mind, any weapon that kills me is overpowered and should be nerfed etc...

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    Considering all I ever play against/with is pubbies...

• Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    I'm going to 11 anyway so I just unlocked the ACR, Dead silence, and assassin.

because being a tryhard is funny.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Thats the exact same stuff I'm using my 3 tokens on :)

Going to miss Scavenger and my Claymore for a while though.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Ten minutes til I get to head home and play... maybe I'll try playing with something other than the ACR/SCAR/G36 for once.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I missed trying to get fancy emblems/titles by doing obscure challenges.

Sadly the most noticeable emblems have some insane prereq's

Kill 100 enemies while in Final Stand? Yikes.

Currently using these.

Iw5_cardicon_nuke.png144px-Iw5_cardtitle_sword_02.png

Sirialis on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote:
    I tried shooting down an Osprey with a Predator the other day, there is like 1-2 seconds left before it crashes into the Osprey... And they EMP my missile,
    it apparently cancels out predators in mid air, the timing was impeccable, and left me with quite a disbelieving look on my face.

I had an attack helicopter up today that got shot down right as I looped back to earning another predator missile. I was in a safe spot so I popped open the laptop and sent the predator straight at a group of 4 enemies all nicely clustered together outside now that it was seemingly safe.

Then my own dead attack helicopter spiraled directly into the path of the predator missile, taking the hit on the tail, and saving all 4 of them.

I should probably go back into theater mode and see if I can save that replay. Ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Options
    So I finally got some hatemail and its as absurd as usual, I got "WOW!!! CAMPER!!!" for protecting my Bomb Site in Sabotage... Really.

On a related note.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nXsbNXINuY&feature=player_embedded

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    And that is why I don't use the FAD.

• Options
    yeah i just accidently joined a team tac capture the flag game and went like 19-5 and capped 2 flags. the other team said they were gonna report me because i was clearly a hacker, having killed their teammate with a riot shield. i calmly tried to explain to them that i killed him trying to throwing knife me several times. i'd wait for him to try and throw knife me, he was terrible so he always missed, and then i'd hipfire the shit out of him. for some unknown reason (birth defects maybe), they didnt believe me. so im probably totally gonna get my account banned and then some guy from IW is gonna drive to my house and beat the shit out of me and fuck my girlfriend.

i was ready to leave it alone and let them back out of the lobby (which they eventually did), but first they decided to call me the N word, several times. Now I'm not black, and I don't give a flying fuck about swearing, but calling someone that is not acceptable behavior to me, either from redneck hicks or from a black person (unless their talking to other black guys). So I reported them for language.

/cool story bro

wait....
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    You sure gave those strapping young whippersnappers a lesson.

They'll learn from their folly and surely become quite the gentlemen in a short span of time.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Best hatemail is the ones that can make "friends" I had a few messages sent from a frustrated young lad once, but he was new to the game (BlOps)
    and thought I was hacking or something, so I calmly explained the situation to him and he thanked me and sent me a friend request.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    So I just played a couple of rounds of team defender with Magell. The final killcam of the last game was 4 pubbies running directly at an assault drone. There was not enough facedeskheadpalmWTF.

• Options
    To be fair, I did charge one once. But then I forgot that I prestiged and no longer have EMP grenades.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    You sure gave those strapping young whippersnappers a lesson.

They'll learn from their folly and surely become quite the gentlemen in a short span of time.

hey, you never know. well i mean in this case you kinda do, but i at least feel good about not sinking to their level. the most trash talk i gave in that situation was a "umadbro?"

wait....
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I charge them with LMGs to feel like one man against the Terminator. Same with Jugs. It rarely works. :(

But when it does! :)

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Fawst wrote:
    "Glee" was pretty terrible for the first few episodes this season. I couldn't comment on the rest because they were bad enough that I stopped caring and stopped watching.

Other than the Gay Santana drama, which I'm secretly enjoying, Glee isn't really about the story. It's more about the awesome/terrible covers. Did you hear Naya Rivera singing Adele? Because uuunnnngggghhhhhh.

EDIT: Also MW3, rite?

I'm taking a break, until I get a new headset. Probably next friday.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    or from a black person (unless their talking to other black guys)

Hahahah. Goddamn, that's still funny to me. I mean, it's true, but it's so fucking ridiculous.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    Jurgen_Jurgen_ FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Damn, I actually thought they were gonna nerf the shotguns untill I read this: ''In this case it’s not lowering the damage output of the shotguns directly, but adjusting the amount of pellets a shotgun fires when it’s equipped with Extended Magazines. You may or may not know, but some weapons receive extra bonuses when they’re equipped with a certain combination of attachments / perks.''

I mean I thought they were gonna nerf the damage or range, but somehow this doesn't seem right either.

Jurgen_ on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Is there a combo that will give me the MK14 with what equates to a permenant bonus of Hallow Points so I can cap some bitches?

• Options
    Disparaging remarks have no place. People that use them are small. I'll try to stay as far from said individuals as I can.

I'm looking at you Mercy. Screaming cracka all night.

• Options
    Well, I believe the patch is up. And it seemed like shotguns are a little less sucky? maybe?
    Hard to tell when during one game everyone else seemed to be running dual FMG9s.

Though some people did get some kills against me (not like it's that hard) using the striker.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I've learned over the last two days that the best kill is the one where you come across a dude and he starts shooting. You throw your c4 and shoot it, blowing him up.

Of course, it only works on people who clearly have some kind of motor skill impairment. But it's still awesome. Especially when it gets you a doublekill.

/blue pacifier emblem story bro.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote:
    Well, I believe the patch is up. And it seemed like shotguns are a little less sucky? maybe?
    Hard to tell when during one game everyone else seemed to be running dual FMG9s.

Though some people did get some kills against me (not like it's that hard) using the striker.

The Striker is pretty good actually.

Like, it should be:

Shotguns -> Striker

Toy Guns -> All the other shotguns

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    Knocking stealth bombers out of the air with EMP's is way too much fun.

• Options
    Don't put intel in time sensitive missions IW.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote:
    Don't put intel in time sensitive missions IW.

Don't put a suppressor on a FAD spider.

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    Run faster, josh.