Options

[EVE Online Recruitment] Assemble Spaceknights! Your battlesteeds await!

• Options
    walnutmonwalnutmon Registered User regular
    sent in my application, took awhile to get updates and so on - I'm doing some big time house cleaning, selling everything that I can't carry in a bestower

xbox: jmbizzo | ps3: walnutmon | steam: walnutmon | SC2: walnutmon.591
  • Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    You can also bring your stuff to Jita and have it shipped out, no need to fly it yourself.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    There is a very good chance you'll die hauling anything yourself, but feel free to give it a shot.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I sold most things worth money, going to try to make it somewhere else in the galaxy - I have a bestower filled with stuff, but nothing that I can't afford to lose - I'm experienced moving through low-sec.

Or are you referring to some kind of hulkagedon thing going on?

Either way, not sure where Merch I is yet, so I am probably just going to run some jobs tonight, or work on fittings for a new ship - if anyone sees this, let me know a nearby solar system

EDIT: Unless you're up in DEKLEIN, which is really far for me, other side of the galaxy - I may sell a few more items

EDIT: 29 Jumps

EDIT: 19 Jumps

EDIT: Yup, I just got killed - luckily I just dropped off all my blue-prints in high-sec

walnutmon on
  • Options
    I guess it isn't as relevant now, but if you fly out into 0.0 in an NPC corporation you aren't even going to be able to dock anywhere, much less avoid being killed. That was a 100% guaranteed suicide trip.

Make sure to apply and be accepted to the corporation before attempting to fly out to VFK or wherever. There are also intel channels to avoid gate camps in EC-P8R (which is where you appear to have died).

Experience moving through lowsec or not, I strongly suggest that you remain in high sec until you're in the corp and either have wiki access or have someone explain to you how things work. You, uhh, might need a refresher.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Think I might join you guys. I am a new player (have two accounts, both are less than 3 months old). I mostly do PvE because I am a disgusting hi-sec player right now but would not mind going into your area. A few questions: Would you guys be willing to move my stuff over to your neck of the woods? Also one of my accounts is mining/industry, have any use for that?

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Think I might join you guys. I am a new player (have two accounts, both are less than 3 months old). I mostly do PvE because I am a disgusting hi-sec player right now but would not mind going into your area. A few questions: Would you guys be willing to move my stuff over to your neck of the woods? Also one of my accounts is mining/industry, have any use for that?

Depending on your stuff, it may be better to just firesale everything, as the market is pretty good in Deklein. You can have stuff moved by jump freighter services, but that has a m3 based cost and is only worth it if the cargo has a reasonably good value to volume ratio. If it's small volume stuff like... blueprints or something (I know nothing about industry), someone will probably be happy to move it for you in a covops.

As I know nothing about industry, I'm not sure how useful/useless it might be, but apparently there are certain challenges involved in nullsec production logistics that can make it difficult to do profitably and without making you want to kill yourself. Unless you build capital ships I guess, or specialize in rig manufacture. It might be better to keep that one as a neutral empire alt, maintain production in empire and import the products to Deklein for a huge profit. Or I might be talking out of my ass here, dunno. Then again, a miner/industrial alt is on his way to fly a rorqual, which can be extremely useful at times.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    even moving stuff in a covops can be dangerous, i know last time i was playing i was moving a faction shield to a hub system that one of our enemies was camping at the time, even with super awesome covops juking they caught be and popped me, worst of all the mod dropped :(

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Ok guess I will keep the miner/industry guy here in Empire. Probably keep my raven in Empire space in my fighter alt and do mission running until I can get in a Tengu and run complexes.

• Options
    Ok guess I will keep the miner/industry guy here in Empire. Probably keep my raven in Empire space in my fighter alt and do mission running until I can get in a Tengu and run complexes.

Sounds like a good plan. Definitely bring a pvp character to Deklein and fly Rifters and Thrashers (people will just give them to you). Eventually you'll figure out if you want to do mining, industry, or pve stuff out there as well. If you're doing level 4 missions in a Raven, you can switch to a Drake and kill rats with that same character easily enough.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also how much will I get hassled in empire space if I am in Merchi? Anyways I am gonna send an app. Eve name Sotar Armana

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    I guess it isn't as relevant now, but if you fly out into 0.0 in an NPC corporation you aren't even going to be able to dock anywhere, much less avoid being killed. That was a 100% guaranteed suicide trip.

Make sure to apply and be accepted to the corporation before attempting to fly out to VFK or wherever. There are also intel channels to avoid gate camps in EC-P8R (which is where you appear to have died).

Experience moving through lowsec or not, I strongly suggest that you remain in high sec until you're in the corp and either have wiki access or have someone explain to you how things work. You, uhh, might need a refresher.

I think that I am used to moving into areas like .2 sec where I can still dock, do missions, etc. Last night I was in -0.4 sec, which I didn't even know existed. I've done some wormholes, but never realized it went below 0.0 sec. I'll be pod jumping back to my stuff stationed close to DEKLIEN tonight, I'll be more careful when entering low-sec though - usually I bring a cheap flight in to check out the gate, this time I just blind jumped. Never blind jump

• Options
    Also how much will I get hassled in empire space if I am in Merchi? Anyways I am gonna send an app. Eve name Sotar Armana

Depends on what war decs we have going at any given time. As a general rule, if you're going to go to a major market hub, either have a scout or don't. Otherwise, you're generally safe.

Don't go autopiloting freighters around, though.

• Options
    Baidol wrote:

Depends on what war decs we have going at any given time. As a general rule, if you're going to go to a major market hub, either have a scout or don't. Otherwise, you're generally safe.

Ok so I should be fine flying my Raven around the mission hub I am at right now?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Or run Guristas Forsaken Hubs in a Raven (or a Drake, which is actually better in Guristas space if you have the skills for t2 heavies) in Deklein. They are reasonably good money these days, with no annoying frigates and very little jamming, although you do need to fit a serious tank on that ship, and particularly in a Drake you need to know which ships trigger the next spawn or you will die (or have to abandon the anom).

edit: my prediction is that your missioning Raven will die sooner or later if that character stays in empire and is in MRCHI. There are always some wardecs going on, and Goonswarm isn't exactly the best-liked alliance among empire pubbies.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Baidol wrote:

Ok so I should be fine flying my Raven around the mission hub I am at right now?

Keep an eye on local for any wartargets jumping in, but yeah. Watching local is something you'll need to learn to do anyway.

• Options
    Bliss 101 wrote:

Or run Guristas Forsaken Hubs in a Raven (or a Drake, which is actually better in Guristas space if you have the skills for t2 heavies) in Deklein. They are reasonably good money these days, with no annoying frigates and very little jamming, although you do need to fit a serious tank on that ship, and particularly in a Drake you need to know which ships trigger the next spawn or you will die (or have to abandon the anom).

edit: my prediction is that your missioning Raven will die sooner or later if that character stays in empire and is in MRCHI. There are always some wardecs going on, and Goonswarm isn't exactly the best-liked alliance among empire pubbies.

Hmm I think I shall do that. I will sell my Raven off and just buy the ships once I get to where you guys are.

• Options
    State of the Goonion is Sunday, so get Mumble access quick if you want to listen in.

• Options
    Also Rush is decently fitting music for Eve.

• Options
    CheBourgeoisNoirCheBourgeoisNoir Registered User regular
    Question from a re-subbing old bitter vet: When I de-subbed last time (Right before Khartoon exploded the old Goonswarm), all of my assets are based in C3N and NOL in Delve. My understanding is that the current push into Delve is just to take NOL and no further - while I'm guessing this means I'll be able to evac my shit from NOL at some point, am I just going to have to firesale my shit in C3N? I took a 5-day last year and tried to firesale it and no one was buying, and I can't use station services to re-process it...

• Options
    We're apparently invading someone on Sunday, so I would not expect to be liberating NOL in the near future.

Firesale if you can, but everything I didn't lose in a hilarious manner by flying my industrial into a hostile gatecamp has sat there since we left.

• Options
    Hmmm. That brings up an interesting question; can I just leave the stuff there and transfer into a jumpclone elsewhere and make my way back to Goonspace? Will I be able to jumpclone back without standings in order to sell it, or do I / can I set up a firesale contract remotely?

• Options
    If you have a jumpclone already installed in a station, it will remain there, regardless of standings.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I still haven't left HiSec space. I'm actually scared.

How often do people pod you after they kill you?

Is it common practice? Cause it seems like a colossal asshole move with no benefit other than pissing off the victim and setting them back months of game time.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Well, you don't lose months of game time if you keep your clone updated.

And people get podded all of the time.

As with everything else, fly only what you can afford to lose. Going to a fleet fight in a full set of +5's is a poor decision.

• Options
    Yeah, jump clones are the answer to that problem.

Or you can do what I do: I never use anything higher than +3 implants (for the two attributes I need at any particular time) on my PvP pilot. Sure, it takes a bit longer to train my skills, but in my opinion EVE isn't about achieving your goals in minimal time; EVE is about minimizing effort.

I have a regularly undocking ISK-making alt with more expensive implants, but I think her risk of getting killed and podded is pretty low. If you lose something expensive in 0.0 without actively looking for PvP, it's almost always due to carelessness.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    PinkeltonPinkelton Registered User new member
    I still haven't left HiSec space. I'm actually scared.

How often do people pod you after they kill you?

Is it common practice? Cause it seems like a colossal asshole move with no benefit other than pissing off the victim and setting them back months of game time.

Are you sure you shouldn't be playing Hello Kitty instead?

• Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    If you have a combat clone with cheap or no implants, getting podded doesn't cost very much.

And if people get the chance, they'll pod you. With the recent change to kill-mails, where implants are shown now, I'll bet there's been a rise in high-sec, suicide poddings.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PinkeltonPinkelton Registered User new member
    I am curious if you guys would take a long time player who was with GS previously but is not a long time or active poster on this forum?

• Options
    I'm still waiting on my app to be processed, been playing alone too much - doing a lot of flying around aimlessly

I am not afraid of being podded, I enjoy it

• Options
    Bitter vet re-subbing: Tor Vanderwal

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Pinkelton wrote:
    I am curious if you guys would take a long time player who was with GS previously but is not a long time or active poster on this forum?

The question might get asked why he wouldn't re-join Goonswarm proper...

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    We're invading White Noise., so if you want to get in on dying horribly for the glory of the Swarm, now is a good time.

• Options
    Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular

Heroth wrote:
    Pinkelton wrote:

The question might get asked why he wouldn't re-join Goonswarm proper...

This is exactly the question I would ask yes. Generally we do not do this unless you have a sponsor in Merchi.

Cog in the machine Cog Herder
  • Options
    Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular
    Also I've processed all the apps except for one dude in corp stasis and one dude who was a retvet but had like 2 posts here and I need more info.

Cog in the machine Cog Herder
  • Options
    I am so glad I have to wait 24 hours to quit my important corp role of "blow stuff up and play by myself because the leaders don't wanna recruit ever"

• Options
    :empire:

• Options
    Baidol wrote:
    :empire:

I am more disgusted with myself than you could be with me.

• Options
    Remember to steal everything you can before heading out.

• Options
    Baidol wrote:
    Remember to steal everything you can before heading out.

How can I steal nothing? I mean I could steal the 4 canfuls of Plagioclaise I donated, but that would require too much effort.

This discussion has been closed.