Options

[EVE Online Recruitment] Assemble Spaceknights! Your battlesteeds await!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    And it's not like Eve is run off a single machine, as far as I know they use a cluster of machines or some such (I know fuckall about networking, ask someone else for the technical details)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Antithesis wrote:
    Baidol wrote: »
    The playerbase of Eve is not so large as to make more than a single shard necessary.

And there aren't any particular twitch mechanics that I know of. (In an hour I think I'll hop back to E-PR0S and try to get my dinky mining cruiser to Empire. BELIEVE.)

I would advise not being too attached to any implants you have.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    Antithesis wrote:
    The playerbase of Eve is not so large as to make more than a single shard necessary.

And there aren't any particular twitch mechanics that I know of. (In an hour I think I'll hop back to E-PR0S and try to get my dinky mining cruiser to Empire. BELIEVE.)

I would advise not being too attached to any implants you have.

Psh. I didn't play long enough to afford implants.

• Options
    Godspeed, then.

• Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Have mobile warp disruptors always pulled? I don't remember them pulling.

**Noooooooooooo. And yet uninsured it was worth more than what I have. :( Pod awaaaaay

Antithesis on
  • Options
    Drag bubbles have been around for a while, now.

• Options
    TediakTediak Registered User regular
    Well, I just resubscribed after a hiatus of about six months or so. I still never really "got into" this game, but maybe my attention span will be longer this time.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote:
    And it's not like Eve is run off a single machine, as far as I know they use a cluster of machines or some such (I know fuckall about networking, ask someone else for the technical details)
    CCP has a slew of IBM BladeCenter LS20 blade servers that make up the 4 different EVE servers (main server, Chinese server, test server, and some other server that I can't remember what it's for).

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    Tediak wrote:
    Well, I just resubscribed after a hiatus of about six months or so. I still never really "got into" this game, but maybe my attention span will be longer this time.

Join mrchi, get isk, die horribly, repeat

• Options
    phishstikphishstik Registered User regular
    Think I will apply, I'm burnt out playing BF3 will give Eve another try. My dude is trained 12M in fucking Gallente though......

• Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    phishstik wrote:
    Think I will apply, I'm burnt out playing BF3 will give Eve another try. My dude is trained 12M in fucking Gallente though......

They got slightly better and a Domi is still a good ratter

• Options
    edited February 2012
    phishstik wrote:

Pfft, Gallente is fantastic as long as you've got massive brass balls and disposable income. When the two collide, they give birth to a very angry 1000 DPS Brutix that'll make people shit their pants in gang operations.
    They got slightly better and a Domi is still a good ratter
    What'd CCP do to my old beloved Gallente? I've been out of the Eve scene for a while now (I had played for like 5 years before I quit) and can't look up the patch notes atm. Are they buffed to the point that they have more than a couple viable ships?

Random question: Is Merch-I just a goon pet corp which means that I can expect to deal with their completely terrible FCs (seriously, the only time I ever lost ships as a member of IAC was when we were on goon ops) Would I get yelled at for never showing up on goon ops unless they sounded really cool and/or completely ignoring any and all orders from the goon leadership according to how drunk I am?

Second Random Question: If I randomly decide, as a member of Merch-I, to take one of my ships out and go be a complete and utter ganking asshole space pirate (cause honestly, I just want to be a space viking) for a couple days, will I get yelled at for potentially starting wars'n'shit?

Third Random Question: Is the corporation mostly carebears that never show up to defend anything leaving just a handful of non-chickenshit pvpers to do all the work?

Forth Question: Is Merch all srsbznss show up at this time to do this op so that you can fight for space I don't give a fuck about or can I just be a space viking? Cause I've done srsbznss in the past in 0.0 and all I ever wanted to do was just be a super cool space viking and no one seems to be down for that.

As you mighta gathered, I had maxed out at Rank 5 bored bittervet before I retired my two characters (and by retired I mean unsubscribed).

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    TOGSolid wrote:

Random question: Is Merch-I just a goon pet corp which means that I can expect to deal with their completely terrible FCs (seriously, the only time I ever lost ships as a member of IAC was when we were on goon ops) Would I get yelled at for never showing up on goon ops unless they sounded really cool and/or completely ignoring any and all orders from the goon leadership according to how drunk I am?

All FC's are terrible. If you go into a fight expecting to come out alive, you are doing it wrong.
    Second Random Question: If I randomly decide, as a member of Merch-I, to take one of my ships out and go be a complete and utter ganking asshole space pirate (cause honestly, I just want to be a space viking) for a couple days, will I get yelled at for potentially starting wars'n'shit?

Almost the entirety of nullsec is NRSI, so, yes? I do not really know what you are asking. The concept of not shooting people that are not blue to is quite foreign.
    Third Random Question: Is the corporation mostly carebears that never show up to defend anything leaving just a handful of non-chickenshit pvpers to do all the work?

What work?
    Forth Question: Is Merch all srsbznss show up at this time to do this op so that you can fight for space I don't give a fuck about or can I just be a space viking? Cause I've done srsbznss in the past in 0.0 and all I ever wanted to do was just be a super cool space viking and no one seems to be down for that.

GF has never, and never will, do red pen ops. You are free to attend or not attend strategic operations as you see fit. That being said, if our space, or the space of our allies, is on fire, it is in your best interest to defend our land of milk and honey.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    All FC's are terrible. If you go into a fight expecting to come out alive, you are doing it wrong.
    There are bad FCs, and then there are Goon FCs.
    Almost the entirety of nullsec is NRSI, so, yes? I do not really know what you are asking. The concept of not shooting people that are not blue to is quite foreign.
    There have been issues in the past when members of a corp I was in went on a ganking spree and ignited a shit storm that resulted in a rather annoying war (being a week old character trying to fight in a badly fit punisher was quite the learning experience). I like to just check things like this before considering an application cause I do have a habit of shooting anything that moves and isn't listed as a friendly.
    What work?
    Yanno, defending your home from attackers. The second to last corp I was in had problems where only a handful of us would show up to defend our home system while the god damned carebears would run and hide.
    That being said, if our space, or the space of our allies, is on fire, it is in your best interest to defend our land of milk and honey.
    I'm a notorious defender of my home and hearth and have never failed to show up to deliver a massive asskicking in the name of the Emprah, but yea..about that whole...defending OTHER goons bit. I think that may be a deal breaker.

Oh well. Back to only being able to dream about having no set home and wandering through 0.0 with other like minded space vikings, living out of npc stations, inspiring terror in the countryside and basically doing whatever we feel like.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    it sort of sounds like you want to just go live in npc null

you know you can do that without having to be in an alliance

• Options
    Lykouragh wrote:

It gets boring being out there by yourself. I wanna roll around with a bunch of like minded drunks who are just playing for laughs and not treating Eve like a full time job. Sadly Eve and playing with people for lulz don't really go hand in hand.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    For those who are still confused about MerchI's place in the great galactic hierarchy, here's a summary.

Corporations are Eve's equivalent to guilds or clans and are the most basic form of organization within the game. MerchI, as you expect, pulls primarily from the PA forums, although a good chunk of players are those outside the forums sponsored in by active players from here. During our prime time (US TZ's), there are usually between 15-25 people logged in at any given time. There is a solid contingent of people in Euro TZ's, but essentially no one still around that plays in Moontime (Japan, etc.)

Alliances are the largest formal organization in Eve. These are formed when corporations band together for mutual protection and so forth. MerchI is a member of Goonswarm Federation. GSF is centered around Goonwaffe, the Something Awful based corporation. Other member corps include corporations from the old Red Alliance and TCF days after those alliances died, as well as a smattering of other corps with historical ties.

As a full membercorp, MerchI is entitled to all the perks of GSF, including ship reimbursement, cap/supercap subsidies, and other alliance programs. As already stated, in exchange for these perks, it is in your best interest to defend our shit (and die horribly) when things hit the fan.

Finally, there are coalitions. While not a built-in game mechanic, alliances can agree to work together to do things. Our coalition is known as The Clusterfuck and is centered around GSF and TEST Alliance (foundation being Reddit-based corporation Dreddit), with supporting alliances located in Pure Blind and the newly-conqured region of Branch.

Welcome to internet spaceship politics.
    20120203.png

Baidol on
  • Options
    TOGSolid wrote:
    Lykouragh wrote:

It gets boring being out there by yourself. I wanna roll around with a bunch of like minded drunks who are just playing for laughs and not treating Eve like a full time job. Sadly Eve and playing with people for lulz don't really go hand in hand.

People do that all the time in every nullsec alliance, so I'm still confused here.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Baidol wrote:
    TOGSolid wrote:
    Lykouragh wrote:

People do that all the time in every nullsec alliance, so I'm still confused here.

Mind you, I'm not some scrub. I was an active 0.0 pilot for a while as a member of =EXE= (loooooong story how I ended up there) before I declared them and all of BoB to be a bunch of shitswillers and went AWOL during a fleet op. A bit later I joined up as a member of IAC. I dunno what they're up to these days, but at the time they were part of the greater goon armada so I've got a fair bit of experience flying and living in nullsec as a goon pilot. Tbh, the only reason I didn't stay with IAC longer was because almost all the competent pilots defected to Tortuga leaving just a handful of us behind and then a few hundred angry Russians showed up on our doorstep so I peaced out. The last corp I was in was based out of a wormhole and any time it opened up into low sec or 0.0 we'd put together a raiding party and go have a ball. Unfortunately they started assembling some sort of weird wormhole alliance and started getting dreams of expansion and all that sort of crap so left cause I was not interested in watching another corp go from being a fun place to be to being something resembling a job. When you're a 5 year old, pure pvp character with a 3-4 year old industrial/pve slave alt, people kind of expect you to be out there helping to get shit done and I was just not interested.

I guess my issue is that every corp I've been in that started out as just a fun place to be ended up doing the typical Eve thing and trying to grow and expand which means alliances, and set ops, and attacking/defending space I don't care about, etc. Then there's the problem that I couldn't find a nullsec lolpvp corp that wasn't trying to pretend they were hardcore mercenaries or weren't all just sitting around masturbating to their k/d stats. Believe me, I've been around the block in Eve, I've just been trying to find a fun retirement home for my two characters where I've got no actual responsibilities, the membership wasn't a bunch of tools, and my general job description is "gank people just because."

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    IAC is some ancient historical stuff.

We do not take attendance. If all you want to do is fly around and try and catch bots in Venal, that is fine. The biggest problem with you looks like your corp history, but the only way to see is to send an application.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Baidol wrote:
    We do not take attendance. If all you want to do is fly around and try and catch bots in Venal, that is fine. The biggest problem with you looks like your corp history, but the only way to see is to send an application.

I suppose I could resub and give it a whirl. Since I started being far more active on these boards I've found that playing with PA guys makes everything better. It'll be a few days before I can get an app in though since I'm currently on a boat in the middle of the ocean until Monday. That said, my two characters are Ivan Kinsikor (my main with an absurd amount of Gallente SP and a decent amount of Minmatar SP) and Natasha Kinsikor (my isk making slave alt who specializes in mining and missioning).
    IAC is some ancient historical stuff.
    I feel old now. :(

And since my early history does send up red flags, I might as well give that the quick once over:
    When I first started playing Eve, I had joined up with the CAD-I corp. We were all new pilots and the corp was newly minted with no ties to anyone else. Over time it moved, expanded, the numbers swelled, and we pushed out further into low sec territory in pursuit of phat loots and phatter asteroids. I can't remember the name of the corp we had gotten buddy buddy with was, but I think it was through them that our corp leader at the time, Margulus, got in contact with Executive Outcomes. We joined up with EXE and moved out to 0.0 excited for a life of even phatter loots and the 0.0 lifestyle. Unfortunately, it turns out EXE and the greater BoB shitpool were the biggest assholes ever. Me and a bunch of other CADers got tired of the attitude problem and bailed on EXE to go try and get back to a quieter life of goofing off and making moneys.

A decent amount of CAD-I stayed with EXE though, much to my delight when as a member of IAC I got to blow up my old corp mates and give a giant middle finger to the old leadership that stuck with BoB when the goonarmada successfully sacked, pillaged, and ultimately dined in NOL-M9 (and then a couple hundred of us got banned for three days for "trolling" after one of the landwhales that FC'd for BoB filed a complaint against us, el oh el).

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    Hey folks I just got this the other day. Name is Aradia Pyrope. Game seems to be down right now but I'll put an application in for the corp when I can.

Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote:
    Almost the entirety of nullsec is NRSI, so, yes?
    Is it bad that this sounds like it could be an entirely valid concept in my head instead of a typo?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    PA DallasPA Dallas Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote:
    Baidol wrote:
    Is it bad that this sounds like it could be an entirely valid concept in my head instead of a typo?

Shoot blues everyday.

I saw a werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's.
    And his hair was perfect.
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I have no regrets with that post.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    PA Dallas wrote:
    NEO|Phyte wrote:
    Baidol wrote:

Shoot blues everyday.

they are so much easier to catch ratting then reds

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Just out of curiosity I looked up the old patch notes for the gallente/hybrid buff.

I think I just wet myself.

And assault frigs are potentially not terrible anymore it seems? That would be absolutely fantastic if so. I'm actually kinda hype to bring my old boats out of storage and do some fitting tinkering since hybrids are no longer the size of texas.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    LordaenLordaen Registered User regular
    Hey, folks! So I just recently got into eve (about a week ago) and heard Merch Industrial was a good place to hang out with some people and learn some PvP. I'd love to join you all if you don't mind people flying around in fairly weak ships. Name in game is Tolahr Ozran, and I guess I'll go do an app ingame as well.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Got resubbed and logged in.

Poked through my skills and assets to remember where the fuck I had left off at:
    kaching.jpg

Oh...right...I guess rearming myself won't be an issue! I'm kinda curious to see what's on my pve slave alt now. I got to get to bed but I'll get my ingame app and all that in later on today.

EDIT: Oh sweet baby jesus. When I logged off both of my characters were floating in a wormhole. CCP was kind enough to magically deposit my characters and the ships they were in in a high sec station without my knowing. The really fucking awesome part about this is that my alt still has her tricked out Tengu.

Oh
    Hell
    Yes

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    wtf! Did you forget you had that much ISK in account? Or did tons of market orders sell when you were away?

• Options
    I don't know, I have 7.5 billion isk and I still kind of feel that's not enough.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    i broke 1 billion isk one time, then i lost it all buying ships, now i am spacepoor and beg rich people to buy me ships so i can go blow myself up more

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    phishstik wrote:
    wtf! Did you forget you had that much ISK in account? Or did tons of market orders sell when you were away?

I haven't logged in in like a year. I thought I was spacepoor when I last logged but that's definitely not the case! I do only have two ships to my name though, a Phobos and that Tengu, but the Tengu will be more than enough to get something resembling a cash flow going again.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    My first week in the corp was a totally new experience in Eve. When I started Eve it was "small gang roams", or Jita station camps and struggling to make isk . "small gang roams" is in quotations cause 75% of the time it meant sitting in station waiting for someone to start something.

Anyways in my first week joining Merch:
    - have used jump bridges for first time
    - went in an actual FLEET with over 100 ships (they killed a carrier and some sovereignty thingy while us frigs waited at gate)
    - learned how to SHIT UP LOCAL while laughing my ass off at antics on Jabber
    - gatecamped and helped kill a Tengu
    - realized I've trained the wrong ships!

• Options
    phishstik wrote:
    My first week in the corp was a totally new experience in Eve. When I started Eve it was "small gang roams", or Jita station camps and struggling to make isk . "small gang roams" is in quotations cause 75% of the time it meant sitting in station waiting for someone to start something.

- went in an actual FLEET with over 100 ships (they killed a carrier and some sovereignty thingy while us frigs waited at gate)

Yeah, pretty much. Eve doesn't really get fun until you get out into 0.0. High sec is pretty much a massive joke in general. The PVP is garbage, the income is piddling, and overall it's pretty bland. 0.0 is the complete polar opposite and is what makes the game awesome. The best part is that if you're in friendly territory then you're actually amazingly safe so the whole "0.0 is too risky" argument is crap.

The hybrid changes are fantastic. I'm able to fit neutron blasters on my Taranis now so it's DPS has hit a new all time high of 275.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote:
    phishstik wrote:

Yeah, pretty much. Eve doesn't really get fun until you get out into 0.0. High sec is pretty much a massive joke in general. The PVP is garbage, the income is piddling, and overall it's pretty bland. 0.0 is the complete polar opposite and is what makes the game awesome. The best part is that if you're in friendly territory then you're actually amazingly safe so the whole "0.0 is too risky" argument is crap.

The hybrid changes are fantastic. I'm able to fit neutron blasters on my Taranis now so it's DPS has hit a new all time high of 275.

Hey, hey. The mining game is the best game to win.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    0.0 mining is da best.

Speaking of mining, once I get MERCHI forum access, I need to look into that whole "Jihad Jeeping of Ice Miners in High Sec" thing. I'm totally down with suicide bombing high sec miners.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ArandmoorArandmoor Registered User regular
    I resubbed last night. I think I might just try to drop in an app with merchi with my main and my alt. Last time I managed to get into 0.0, but it was right after BoB exploded and nothing was secured so when I died to a gatecamp, there was no easy way to get back :(

• Options
    Jokers GambleJokers Gamble Registered User regular
    I'm trying to get back into the game after a bit of a rest. Put my application in, characters name is adam8690.

• Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    I just started playing and I am interested in joining MerchI. My pilot name is Tack Enderas.

This discussion has been closed.