Options

[Mario series] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I'm going digital. The more games I can carry around with me without juggling a bunch of carts, the better.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Sooooo, word on the 'net is that you really shouldn't get your hopes up for the million coin reward.

If you really feel like spoiling yourself, go here:

http://thenintendohome.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/reward-for-1000000-coins-in-new-super-mario-bros-2-spoilers/

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Cucco LeaderCucco Leader Registered User regular
    That only makes me wonder if there is a reward for 9,999,999 considering how quickly that guy accumulated those coins.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    It's Nintendo...it's Mario...most of the rewards for doing crazy things end up being shiny stars/changed overworld/title screen...nothing more.

At best you'll get something like the Grandmaster Galaxy....which truth be told, was awesome.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    It's Nintendo...it's Mario...most of the rewards for doing crazy things end up being shiny stars/changed overworld/title screen...nothing more.

At best you'll get something like the Grandmaster Galaxy....which truth be told, was awesome.

I still say if it's not playable Wario I will be horribly disappointed :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Well I'm glad I know now so I don't waste my time getting to a million. Not that I would have anyway.... the last few non-Galaxy Mario games have been so underwhelming that I haven't even bothered to finish them.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    man, did I miss out on bitching about nsmb series graphics?
    because they're terrible and nintendo should be ashamed.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

I feel this way about the original NSMB (it was one of the reasons I stopped playing), but I was fine with the Wii version and this one looks okay so far

I kinda forgot this was coming out

Hopefully I can afford it and Sleeping Dogs

If not, this is getting the cut

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

Great idea. Come into the thread about Mario games and shit on them for the graphics.

A+ man.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I mean, the level design sucked for the vast majority of nsmb 1/wii too, I was just continuing the topic of the previous page of the thread

• Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    What? Level design in Wii was superb. Never understood hate for NSMBW.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    most were boring, the few good ones were cribbed wholesale from 3/world and there was all of 1 level in the entire game that was actually hard, maybe 3 or 4 beyond that were moderately difficult

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular

As some point you just need to realize that Mario games aren't for you anymore and move on.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

As some point you just need to realize that Mario games aren't for you anymore and move on.

What a sad state to end up in.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    I'm in the same boat here. Outside of galaxy the only game I'll come back to on occasion is NSMBW. Even 3D land is missing that charm or something. I tried playing it again just last night and it couldn't my attention for more than 3 levels.

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I'm A Mario fanboy, I play pretty much all of them. It helps that my younger brother enjoys them more than I do. So I never miss out on one.

Also I'll probably end up going retail.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I've played video games for more then 30 years, (yes i had an Atari 2600), my tastes have changed many times but ive played all the super mario games.

Unlike many of the games ive played, they make me swear like a pirate every single game at least during some areas of the game. (Usually the 'secret' worlds).

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    For those trying to decide, if you get the download version on the first day and register/do the survey with Club Nintendo, you'll get double coins.

(Get the retail, too, and you can get more coins still.)

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_3_k50YFew

30 Minutes of Luigi gameplay in NSMB2.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    EddEdd Registered User regular
    I can't believe that even the music is damned-near identical to the previous incarnations.

• Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    Edd wrote: »
    I can't believe that even the music is damned-near identical to the previous incarnations.

It seems all they did was add that "bwah" sound to every song.

A brilliant addition, if you ask me. -_-

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    :( I know the game is going to be a lot of fun, and I'm getting it for sure, but I hope there's a good chunk of new music in this one.

• Options
    Edd wrote: »

That's always been my one gripe with the series.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Man, reviews are friggin' early on this one.

Still two weeks 'til release.

And while I'm here, thought I'd cross-post this for anybody missing it in the Game Deals thread.

Newegg: $10 off any pre-order $39.99 or more.

From NeoGAF:
    Use the Promo Code EMCNBNG58 at checkout. This deal expires on August 5 11:59PM EST, so it's a 72-hour deal. I should also mention that you CAN use this promo code on multiple items but they must all be separate orders. So you'd have to pre-order a game, apply the discount, checkout, then do it all again for a different game you want to pre-order. It's a pain but at least it technically works!

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    They sent copies of the game with the 3DS XL to the media outlets which is why the media's gotten them relatively early.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    So tempted to pre-order this. I've already spent so much money this summer on games though! Ugh, I know I'm going to end up getting it anyway..

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Do we know if Gamestop will stock digital codes for NSMB2? I've got a bunch of store credit, but I also want to have the digital version.

• Options
    Turkey wrote: »
    Do we know if Gamestop will stock digital codes for NSMB2? I've got a bunch of store credit, but I also want to have the digital version.

They should.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Buy eShop cards?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Turkey wrote: »

Im gonna be honest here I do not understand why this is a service offered by them. I mean they literally sell point cards right next to the register. There's no discount or anything and you still enter a code.

Seems kind of silly

• Options
    ...Oh yeah, forgot that point cards are a thing. In fact, aren't they sold in $20 bundles?

Never mind!

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Even my local supermarket has 3DS point cards. I'm probably going to do it that way because my Debit card expired this week and apparently the new one got lost in the mail so I don't expect to be making any CC purchases for at least another two weeks or so. I'll just buy two cards and get the game that way.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    They sent copies of the game with the 3DS XL to the media outlets which is why the media's gotten them relatively early.

Even so, this is kind of insane. You'd think there would be an embargo or something to at least have the reviews wait until within two weeks of the release...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

These make me feel a bit better about the game. Yeah it's a retread, but it's a well-designed, fun-to-play retread. Hype level slowly rising back up.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    It is a little silly that they made this sequel. Mario Land 3D is the true successor.

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »
    It is a little silly that they made this sequel. Mario Land 3D is the true successor.

Super Mario 3D Land is Super Mario Galaxy Jr.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 is...well, New Super Mario Bros. 2.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options

3D land does play off the whole "dodge Bowser on the bridge" bit of the old 2D games. Also, allot of the levels behave like a side scroller and it uses the node map like the older games. It even has the checkpoints and flagpoles. Really, I see it as the true sequel. It mixes the old style with the new.

• Options

3D land does play off the whole "dodge Bowser on the bridge" bit of the old 2D games. Also, allot of the levels behave like a side scroller and it uses the node map like the older games. It even has the checkpoints and flagpoles. Really, I see it as the true sequel. It mixes the old style with the new.

But none of that makes it a sequel to NSMB. It makes it a Mario game.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I guess what I mean by "true sequel" is a game that really take things in a new direction. Maybe it is best that 3D Land is separate. I really enjoyed the hybrid nature of the game and how some things where hidden in the background and foreground.

Krathoon on