Options

Something in the [chat]

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    P10 wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    P10 wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Yes, I think you're right. The other one is a totally unskippable kill or knockout.
    Howard Strong
    Well, technically speaking...
    You kill a bunch of people at Area 51 by rerouting the nuke there, no matter what. But, it's the thought that counts.

But really, I don't think it's fair to call killing people in DX1 pedestrian if you are doing it with a sword. Ninjaestrian is better.
    I actually really like Deus Ex's shitty, outdated stealth. Because it lets you feel like a real badass. Sneaking around with the Dragon Tooth and ambushing them on realistic isn't great gameplay, but still, it's awesome.

Sort of like how MGS2 has the best gameplay of an MGS title (and best story!) because you just cartwheel around like a fucking ninja all the time.

I don't tell people this often, but I actually think MGS2 is my favorite MGS. MGS4 is mechanically fun, I guess, but it feels too much like a Call of Duty. Like it doesn't make any sense not to engage in the war. You can avoid it, but it doesn't seem like the game wants you to avoid it.

MGS3 is cool but I found the jungle environment kind of bland.

But overall, Deus Ex 3 is probably my favorite Metal Gear Solid game. Even better than Metal Gear Solid 2.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    that sucks, arch. expiring passwords for stupid things is awful.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Last time I was out, I asked a girl what she was drinking which was probably a creepy thing to do if I hadn't been fly as fuck. She held it out and demanded that I taste it.

Creepiness is in the eye of the beholder! the anecdote proves it.

But she was drinking blood and now you are a Twilight

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Kagera wrote:
    Hey what is north Dakota like? I might move there for economic reasons

Nobody fucking knows.

They will soon because Canada is gonna be our new Saudi Arabia and they need people for a pipeline or some such. It would be like the wild west.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    drez, do you recommend all the games in the metal gear solid HD pack. it is 2, snake eater and uh, sons of liberty or i don't even know. i forget.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Endgame in Resonance of Fate. And usually being level 84 is overkill.

Sub final boss is 134. I GUESS NOT.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Last time I was out, I asked a girl what she was drinking which was probably a creepy thing to do if I hadn't been fly as fuck. She held it out and demanded that I taste it.

So then if it's in the eye of the beholder, then in my eyes I did not make a poor interpretation :P

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Arch wrote:

I was going to make a joke about what was in the drink but everything I thought of was super creepy.

• Options
    Arch wrote:

how did you know

It was called a Lemon Shakeup.

Mastering how to talk to strangers has been my greatest triumph as a shy nerd.

• Options

expiring passwords, and ridiculous account security on academic things pisses me off for two reasons

ONE- academic institutions are like paranoid as FUCK about misconduct (cheating, saving tests/syllabuses/etc)

and

TWO- they usually have a reason to be because so many college students theses days are cheating assholes

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Mim wrote:

So then if it's in the eye of the beholder, then in my eyes I did not make a poor interpretation :P

by "poor" i meant negative not that you judged incorrectly. sorry, i phrased it poorly. as in a poor interpretation was she was being a creep and a good interpretation would be that she was just being friendly and concerned for a fellow student.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Working a job where you interact with the public has increased my ability to talk to strangers by like 500%

However those skills have kind of deteriorated from rust.

• Options
    I wonder what some states are up to.

They're very quiet.

Too quiet.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leCEmJA0WsI

The automatic transmission. The darkest of all of the mechanical arts.

holy shit.

• Options
    Arch wrote:

how did you know

It was called a Lemon Shakeup.

Mastering how to talk to strangers has been my greatest triumph as a shy nerd.

That doesn't sound like a drink it sounds like a Jazz song

which I guess makes it a good drink name?

• Options
    drez, do you recommend all the games in the metal gear solid HD pack. it is 2, snake eater and uh, sons of liberty or i don't even know. i forget.

I think it's 2, 3, and Peacewalker, right? Yes, I recommend them. Peacewalker was formerly a PSP only game, and it's really good though I admit I haven't played it that much yet.

2, 3, and PW are worth getting, yes.

And 2's title is "Sons of Liberty."

• Options
    Mim wrote:

by "poor" i meant negative not that you judged incorrectly. sorry, i phrased it poorly.

Ahh, I see. It is now cool, bro.

But before I was going to use my now muscular arms to put you in a head lock and give you a noogie.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote:

itt meem is a beholder

everybody roll initiative

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Also basically my previous post is an explanation of why I am now making poast instead of planning out my paper for this class

Wooo gotta write ten pages on phenotypic plasticity

wooo science

• Options
    Elldren wrote:
    Mim wrote:

itt meem is a beholder

everybody roll initiative

I rolled a 2

Is initiative like golf

• Options
    I wore my N7 hoodie on campus today

I got a lot of compliments but someone literally stopped me in the hall for a high five

That person probably just wanted to touch you.

• Options
    Arch wrote:

expiring passwords, and ridiculous account security on academic things pisses me off for two reasons

ONE- academic institutions are like paranoid as FUCK about misconduct (cheating, saving tests/syllabuses/etc)

and

TWO- they usually have a reason to be because so many college students theses days are cheating assholes

When all you're doing is buying credentials, with barely any education attached, for far far far too much money, and everyone involved knows it, integrity starts to lose importance.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leCEmJA0WsI

The automatic transmission. The darkest of all of the mechanical arts.

holy shit.

Exactly.

• Options
    Mim wrote:
    Mim wrote:

by "poor" i meant negative not that you judged incorrectly. sorry, i phrased it poorly.

Ahh, I see. It is now cool, bro.

But before I was going to use my now muscular arms to put you in a head lock and give you a noogie.

mim, if you wanted to touch me you just had to ask.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    It will be a 21st century there will be blood

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    spool32 wrote:
    Arch wrote:

and

When all you're doing is buying credentials, with barely any education attached, for far far far too much money, and everyone involved knows it, integrity starts to lose importance.

In spite of my previous post about academics and ivory towers and things I would like to formally move to disband all colleges of business

Sorry gooey/tyrannus/ronya/whoever else

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I think north dakota is largely a howling wasteland

lots of ghosts and hedge witches that sort of thing

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

I got a lot of compliments but someone literally stopped me in the hall for a high five

No Shepard callouts?

• Options
    Just think of what the world would be like if all the business school people were spending their money on a business.

• Options
    I think north dakota is largely a howling wasteland

lots of ghosts and hedge witches that sort of thing

they're called hagravens. and north dakota technically might not be a state. that came out a few months ago.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    when i was out today i saw a custom honda badge where it was like a devil

this

!CEBphM!CGk~$(KGrHqMOKkME0bJlhHc(BNQgYfVNS!~~_35.JPG

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

No Shepard callouts?

Not yet. I will bide my time.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    In spite of my previous post about academics and ivory towers and things I would like to formally move to disband all colleges of business

Ronya is studying economics, not business; Tyrannus is studying accounting, which is a skill which actually has value other than financial speculation.

Gooey is basically getting his graduate degree in making money by fucking people over, though.

• Options
    spool32 wrote:
    Just think of what the world would be like if all the business school people were spending their money on a business.

Greece Lightning

Business School Dropout

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Thanatos wrote:
    Arch wrote:
    spool32 wrote:

Ronya is studying economics, not business; Tyrannus is studying accounting, which is a skill which actually has value other than financial speculation.

Gooey is basically getting his graduate degree in making money by fucking people over, though.
    Technically you could just get a programming degree and do the work of an entire accounting team.

:D

Drez on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    poshniallo wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    ronya wrote:
    A question, from an off-topic thought arising from the Islam thread: do Christian Evangelicals in the US (on the popular level, not as a matter of doctrine) generally believe that the other gods and/or spirits of other religions don't exist, or exist as demons or some other assorted agent of evil?

Because I have met impressively many members of apparently-US-influenced churches overseas that worried about things like Halal meat, too. Or walking over joss-sticks. That one seemed tricky to abide by, given that the penchant in Southeast Asian countries can be to plant joss-sticks everywhere and so avoiding said shrines is tantamount to walking on the road.

They believe that the other monotheists have it wrong, and that:

Jews should realize that Jesus was the Christ, and adopt the New Testament teachings.
    Muslims should do the same.
    Catholics worship false idols, and should stop that.
    Mormons were fooled by their false prophets, and should discard them all and come back to the fold.
    Other religions are just plain wrong and their deities don't exist.

Lots of hardcore evangelicals/charismatics believe that there are demons and the works of the devil all around us, and that yes, Allah, Buddha etc are evil spirits trying to trick us.

Huh. Which denominations teach this? I know most of the Fundamentalist ones believe in devils and demonic possession, but I hadn't heard any of them actually teaching that eastern deities were demons sent to trick humanity.

I don't think any of this is doctrine taught by a specific denomination. It's just crazy bullshit spouted by hardcore charismatics. The ones I know are mostly Baptists or straight-out non-denominational independent churches. And people who worship in small groups and eschew the centralised church thing.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    Arch wrote:

and

pfft only nerds go to business school

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular

I once saw some random dude on the subway wearing the N7 hoodie.

I had to restrain myself from walking over to him and growling "Shepard."

• Options
    OH well then I guess tyrannus you are in the clear

or something?

My science worked!

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

No Shepard callouts?

Not yet. I will bide my time.

Oh did you see that the ME3 Collectors has an in game N7 hoodie for Shepard? If I wasn't already buying it I would be then.

This discussion has been closed.