Options

[Sparks On] Mario Kart 7! Community codes now in second post!

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Cripes, dare I say it?

This might be my new favorite Mario Kart.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Wow.

I mean I'm no golden god or anything, but SNES Rainbow Road is my domain online.

I love light characters, see. Troopa in a balanced accel/speed kart with roller wheels. Somehow this makes me untouchable. It's like every curve is made for me to drift around.

I guess a lot of people are going to hate it since off-road does absolutely nothing for you there, and heavy/low accel characters are screwed if they fall.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    I've always been a fan of High Accel characters because you never know what's going to come along and fuck your shit up, killing your speed.

Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    I always get pissed because invariably a high speed/poor handling combo will be known as the best, everyone will pick them and destroy everyone else, and then when I try to get used to playing them I just can't. I need good handling.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Acceleration and handling all the way. If you're doing well, you're taking blue shells up the ass and need to get back to top speed ASAP. If you aren't doing well you fell off a cliff and need to get back to speed ASAP.

YggiDee on
  • Options
    I like to see like-minded people but that means you know my strategy you are all threats to me

CiwlH.jpg

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    You mean "Driving better than you?"

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    I do admit, once I played a heavy character, and it was amazing and terrifying to watch the other karts bounce off me. However at the moment I am mourning the loss of Dry Bones, the ballin'-est koopa I ever played as.

• Options
    I have traditionally played lightweights in every kart game. Which is basically Mario Kart and uh...Diddy Kong Racing.

As a kid, it just made sense to me. You're constantly stopping on account of shells and crap, so acceleration matters more than anything.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    I used to play lightweights, ever since I really got the hang of playing Rosalina in Mario Kart Wii I rarely go back. Once you learn how to drive damn near perfectly and learn how to take the lead early you can get to a point where your speed gives you such a big lead that even blue shells can't phase you for long. I'm currently rolling speed + handling.

Though MKWii had the accerate + brake mini-turbo trick that let heavyweight recover way faster than they normally would, so they were a bit broken due to that.

SpaceGarSig.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I also stuck to light weights until MK Wii where Rosalina and I became inseperable.

But right now I am falling in love all over again with Shy Guy.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    george-xgeorge-x New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I just played Wario & Metal Mario in their respective train karts. Aka - the heaviest weight/lowest acceleration. First place in 3 150cc cups in a row. That max speed catchup is unreal!

My 3DS battery has 1 bar left. Extra charger comes Wednesday. I saved the last bar for a few online games later tonight if anybody from G&T is around.

george-x on
    roster.gif
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Games with coins help out shitty acceleration characters a lot.

Last game wheelies had almost too powerful change on heavy characters.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    So this game. Its pretty damn amazing. It rivals my experiences with mario kart 64 back in the day. This might even be my new favorite. They just did everything right with new additions

• Options
    Apparently you should not use a blue shell when you are in first place.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    george-x wrote:
    I just played Wario & Metal Mario in their respective train karts. Aka - the heaviest weight/lowest acceleration. First place in 3 150cc cups in a row. That max speed catchup is unreal!

My 3DS battery has 1 bar left. Extra charger comes Wednesday. I saved the last bar for a few online games later tonight if anybody from G&T is around.

I'll jump on after Raw if you want. Or later. I am always up.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular

I learned that back in Mario Kart 64. Though it was funnier there because it would go forward a bit, then immediately come back to you.

SpaceGarSig.png
  • Options
    LordOfMeep wrote:

I learned that back in Mario Kart 64. Though it was funnier there because it would go forward a bit, then immediately come back to you.

Holy shit. That's..just..turble.
    redfield85 wrote:
    george-x wrote:

I'll jump on after Raw if you want. Or later. I am always up.

Sweet - I'll get on later then

roster.gif
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I REALLY like a lot of these new courses. That, coupled with the fact that the retro courses were a lot more inspired picks this time around, makes this track list pretty outstanding.

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    I was so excited when I saw that the snes mario circuit was in. It was even more exciting when I finally played the level and was able to listen to the same crappy music I remember from so long ago playing on that level

• Options
    Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    Is there any way to change my display name without using a new Mii? I'd prefer to be Chris FOM online but leave my Mii named just "Chris."

• Options
    Guys, I am jumping on LIVE to talk with CCF while I unlock Wario and then I will post here about getting a room together (if one isn't already together).

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I just put in all the codes, except for battle mode, but noone appears to be on right now. Another time, perhaps!

• Options
    I'm down to play right now if you want!

roster.gif
  • Options
    Anyone jumping on right now? Otherwise I will continue to unlock stuff.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sure let's go 150cc all items?

Also, we should totally play for drinks. Down?

george-x on
    roster.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For drinks? Like, alcohol?

edit: I am in the room waiting.

edit: Is that you guys already playing? Says there is already a group going at it. So, whoever is in that group, let me know when you are ready. I am leaving my DS on and in the actual community room waiting. I guess you won't really have to tell me since I am in there for when the set lets out.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Yeah if you're of the sort. I'm going to make another one for myself now - I'll be on in 2-3 mins! For each place you're in, drink 1 second. 3rd drinks 3 seconds, 2nd drinks 2, etc. Down? hehe

roster.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shit. I might as well. I had one a bit ago and was like meh. Now that you ask, I might as well. Haha.

edit: I am making my drink and will be back. Still in the lobby.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Thatta boy! Booting up now. Hope this 1 bar battery holds out. AKA minimum brightness/No 3d/No volume haha

roster.gif
  • Options
    Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    Who's Milton? Kicked my ass consistently. Note to self: playing Rainbow Road on 50cc only does not mean that it's a good idea to pick it for 150 cc.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Holy crap randomly unlocked Wiggler for joining in the game.

Roll the dice!

Edit: Haha Wiggler turns red when he gets hit by something

Edit 2: Crap. Red light is blinking. Hurry!!!

george-x on
    roster.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FUCK. I think my router is gonna give me issues tonight. I got booted twice from LIVE and now from the game. :(

edit: If I drop again, I am gonna maybe switch to Mario 3d Land.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    PoochPooch Registered User regular
    Damn, really excited to get this game for christmas. MKDS was good times with PA people and reading the previews is getting me pumped.

• Options
    Driiinnkkk (me)

roster.gif
  • Options
    The one bummer retro stage is the old desert. Very dull place.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Red, you're out?

roster.gif
  • Options
    CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    Wait for us.

CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    Just got booted - great rounds so far! Trying to come back in but it says you guys are somehow playing already!

roster.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fucking Gooba. My nemesis! I got smacked with EVERYTHING in the last race in the last stretch. Fuuggggg.

edit: Annnnnd there goes the Internet. Again.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png