As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Skyrim: How To Maim Your Dragon

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited November 2011 in Social Entropy++
And stuff

Tube on

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Tube, tell me

As someone who hasn't gotten this yet and who values your outlook re: fisticuffs in games

How viable would an unarmed build be in this game

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I love the thread title.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote:
    Tube, tell me

As someone who hasn't gotten this yet and who values your outlook re: fisticuffs in games

From what I've read, heavy armor + smithing + enchanting makes a badass punching dude.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Oh God I play too much of this. Also, there is a set of Gloves I just got that do +10 unarmed damage, but I haven't improved it.

• Options
    Peccavi wrote:
    Edcrab wrote:
    Tube, tell me

From what I've read, heavy armor + smithing + enchanting makes a badass punching dude.

Wait, armor improves your melee damage?

I mean sure in real-world terms that makes perfect sense what with the weight and hard metal bits on your hands but damn that's cool

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Tube, tell me

I'm your man with a plan for this shit.

I'm level 34 and have done nothing but punch stuff.

I've recently taken to punching dragons and while you probably want a good heal spell on hand for fights like that it's perfectly viable if not especially quick with the killing.

• Options
    TaskmanTaskman Registered User regular
    Punching things is both fun and recommended, especially once you've acquired the gloves of the pugilist.
    Does anyone know how to recharge
    Keening?
    It doesn't seem to have a normal recharge key.

uGn5f.png
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    make cat person
    get gloves of pugilist
    get heavy armor perk
    laugh all the way to the punch bank

• Options
    edited November 2011
    My one thing is that you will want to go to Riften from a carriage at the first hold you visit (Whiterun) and go into the Ratways and find a guy who has a pair of gloves called Gloves of the Pugilist, it's +10 unarmed damage and later can be disenchanted to put that on a ring and a new pair of gloves.

Do this before anything. Get out of the starting dungeon thing, run to whiterun and go get them damn gloves, boy.

Huntera on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Guh. I gotta stop fantasizing about my next character. Finish this one, dangit!

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Lydia seems to think that when I make a fireball that its time to play catch. Why? She's encouraging the bloody horse, too.

• Options
    Edcrab wrote:
    Tube, tell me

You could play a khajitt, wear heavy armor and use the +unarmed enchants to wreck face pretty well.

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    dang just got into an epic fight between three dragons, a wandering merchant, three stormpike soldiers, a sabre cat and a giant

and one of the dragons won't give me his soul.... what a dick

• Options
    Liiya wrote:
    Lydia seems to think that when I make a fireball that its time to play catch. Why? She's encouraging the bloody horse, too.

liiya, how are you in jail! have you finally reverted to a life of crime?

• Options
    Music to my ears!

I haven't killed gigantic abominations with my bare hands since

Well New Vegas actually but still

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    So I guess I should, y'know, like get on with the main quest line

This is my problem with big world games like this, I'm too easily distracted by shiny objects and killing necromancers

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Liiya wrote:

liiya, how are you in jail! have you finally reverted to a life of crime?

Police finally caught up with me, all those funeral wreaths were starting to look suspicious I guess!

• Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    so for some reason the amulet you get from being the guild master of the thieves guild is listed as light armor, which means you can level light armor easily even with full heavy on

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    I hope my main quest gets unbugged soon. :\

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Has anyone tried Nvidia's new beta drivers yet?

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Edit: Ok, it did the weird thing where it showed up as a double post but wasn't really.

Son of a bitch Vanilla!

I cannot stop chuckling at this method of killing, I don't even feel enthused about fighting enemies normally anymore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET70svGp-Bc

Fyndir on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    How does this game expect me to make 25K to buy this manor in Solitude? I've barely even sniffed 5K and the quest rewards are just not getting it done. Oh, yeah, I exorcised that evil wolf queen in the catacombs, Falk Firebeard. Thanks for the wimpy one thousand doubloons. How about you just give me the deed to the manor and we call it even?

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    How does this game expect me to make 25K to buy this manor in Solitude? I've barely even sniffed 5K and the quest rewards are just not getting it done. Oh, yeah, I exorcised that evil wolf queen in the catacombs, Falk Firebeard. Thanks for the wimpy one thousand doubloons. How about you just give me the deed to the manor and we call it even?
    Join the thieves guild. Join the dark brotherhood. Dungeon crawl. Make bank.

Basically, crime pays well in this game.

Dux on
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

Level up, get better loot, make jewelry with the various gems you find, loot enchanted/nice equipment from enemies for selling, and if all else fails, join the thieves guild.

I have something like 140k on my current character, and it was never particularly my intention to make a ridiculous amount of gold, it just happened after a certain point.

• Options
    i'm level 22, just did bleak falls barrow
    returned the golden claw, then snuck back at night and stole it

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    What level are you? By the time I got to level 42 I had 76k in my pocket, after buying and completely furnishing the houses in Whiterun, Riften, and Markarth

Eventually enemies will start dropping things you can sell for bank

You can also craft shitty little weapons and put on a good enchant, even with a weak soul the value of the weapon will shoot up, and if you have the black star you can put on really strong enchants and sell them for a lot

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I'm not joining no dark brotherhood, chad the lizard man is a good guy and not a villainous creep.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    craft dagger
    enchant dagger
    sell dagger
    buy materials

repeat

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    I have 50k or so at level 29. I haven't really messed with job-type quests or any sort of crafting yet, just picking up every damn thing worth more than 50 gold that I come across and selling it.

• Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    I've just killed a string of hunters including a quest giver because they all look like bandits from a distance so I stealth attacked with my bow.

Also the black smoke from the ebony mail is not helpful when it starts obscuring your vision when you are trying to line up shots.

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I had money troubles early on in the game.
    It's not so hard later. Dungeons, crafting, etc

skettios on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    after the 5k house in whiterun or the 25k house in Solitude, money is pretty useless anyways

kinda want to swim in my gold coins though

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I've just killed a string of hunters including a quest giver because they all look like bandits from a distance so I stealth attacked with my bow.

Also the black smoke from the ebony mail is not helpful when it starts obscuring your vision when you are trying to line up shots.

I accidentally did a sneak attack on the guard of that guy who wants to retake his castle, luckily Elder Scrolls AI was in effect so when I actually got there everything was cool.

• Options
    Most of my money goes on training.

• Options
    yeah but you can pick pocket that back tube

• Options
    It's become impossible for me to pickpocket the money I have to spend on my main skills. It's too damn high for each skill up to get away with.

Skills I don't really use are still fine, though.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Huntera wrote:

Good luck pick pocketing 2 grand per skill point.

• Options
    Huntera wrote:

Good luck pick pocketing 2 grand per skill point.

Between 2000 and 2500 was the cutoff for me. All of my major skills cost over 3000 to trains per skill point.

I don't understand how I can take 2100 with a 90% chance but 2200 is down to around 0%.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Well maybe you should chill on buying skills then cause that's crazy expensive for one skill point!

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    I'm already worried I'm going to out-level the game and get bored before I get anywhere with the main quest, so I try not to spend a dime on training.

This discussion has been closed.