Options

We don't actually build or mine anymore, we just play with cats all day. Minecraft!

• Options
    BullioxBulliox Registered User regular
    So, i've been overseas for a few months now, i'm pretty out of the loop. I can't seem to log on anymore. Think maybe i got taken off the whitelist?

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    i want his mod!

Would kinda prefer redstone pistons. Extends a redstone current to whatever block they are pushing.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    Isa wrote: »
    JpsCrazy wrote: »
    Alright, I can't deal with it anymore.
    All chat colors are just white for me.
    Why why why why why?

Specs:
    Win XP 32bit
    Java 32bit
    Minecraft 1.1 unmodded, default texture pack
    Intel integrated graphics card
    1Gb Ram

I have to run a .bat file containing: "java -Xmx800m -jar "fakepath\Minecraft.jar"" and Minecraft.jar is just Minecraft.exe with it replaced with .jar. I almost want to say this is the issue, but when a friend described it it didn't seem like it'd really cause issues.

I've messed with the settings in Minecraft, and none of them seem to affect it at all.

I don't have the chat color problem and my specs are exactly the same -- including the .bat workaround. (Which, btw, it's nice to know I'm not alone!)

Very, very nice to know. I feel slightly less terrible about my very terrible computer.
    Wow...that's a bizarre error Jps o_O I'll have a look around and see if I can get you an answer when I'm done programming a thing.

I read around through a bunch of fixes, and finally found this: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/981282-124-white-text-fix/
    For me, version B worked but the normal version only half fixed the issue.
    Due to my integrated Intel graphics card.

And since we're on the topic of bugs... why is it that a normal Render Distance causes less lag than small, or tiny in Ispawnbul? I'm just confused. (Tiny is 0-3FPS while normal is 5-9Fps)

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Bulliox wrote: »
    So, i've been overseas for a few months now, i'm pretty out of the loop. I can't seem to log on anymore. Think maybe i got taken off the whitelist?

Did you update your client to 1.2, if so then you will need to downgrade to 1.1 until we get the server updated. We generally do not remove anyone from the whitelist unless they were banned, what was your minecraft name?

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    I'm Bulliox on the server, i tried upgrading and downgrading, it said my client was outdated. it keeps saying i take to long to log on

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    I'm Bulliox on the server, i tried upgrading and downgrading, it said my client was outdated. it keeps saying i take to long to log on

Hmm, that is odd. Also you are still whitelisted so that isn't the issue.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

And since we're on the topic of bugs... why is it that a normal Render Distance causes less lag than small, or tiny in Ispawnbul? I'm just confused. (Tiny is 0-3FPS while normal is 5-9Fps)

because ispawnbul is built on a hellmouth.

Well, actually, i dont know. but theres a wierd lag bug we think is tied to the chunks of the very centre of spawn. Pretty much our only option to try and cure it is to cut those chunks out and let them regenerate, which as you can imagine, isnt ideal.

apricotmuffins on
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular

You sure you downgraded properly, using the 1.1 jar in the OP?

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Well, actually, i dont know. but theres a wierd lag bug we think is tied to the chunks of the very centre of spawn. Pretty much our only option to try and cure it is to cut those chunks out and let them regenerate, which as you can imagine, isnt ideal.

Yeah, I knew about the bad chunks, but in my mind it makes 0 sense that a larger render distance reduces lag. I just want to wrap my head around it.

• Options
    I've downgraded Properly, i've ended up doing it like 12 times. Really i'm just worried about my sheep....especially Magenta (laikka knows)

• Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Okay, so it turns out the one plugin that's not working quite right in 1.2.4 is MCM. Some guy said he'd update it for 1.2 but apparently he's a slacker.

(I am working on it now)

The Good Doctor Tran on
    LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    some time ago, someone was talking with me about 'fixing' the west road and was asking me some questions about Menzia.

cant remember who it was.
    PM me if it was you (and still have aspirations of road construction).

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The server needs to stop being broken, so Car and I can start building our 1x1 scale model of Zakera Ward.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular

The dark lord was in Ispawnbul all along! And then we were the zombies.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    WARNING:
    The Following is unsolicited advice concerning the Commodity Exchange and simpler, more intuitive ways to go about exchange rates. It is not meant as anything but a suggestion to improve usability so that folks actually use the system frequently and without need of direct guidance from the proprietors.

===============

The idea is that the exchange math is baffling in complexity at-a-glance until explained out, and often isn't usable without 12obert or Doctorjake online, so I was thinking about this quite a bit. The system is a great idea, but needs to be self-usable rather than rely upon 15 minute explanations from the owners on each use if it is to serve it's intended function as the principle storefront of the server. Even once you have the complexity, it is not innitially intuitive as to why the rates are what they are, or where the surplus traded is going.

I went into this example along with our department accountant, and based the system on the sort of exchange you might find at an arcade for children. You get tickets and trade them in for prizes, and certain prizes are with more tickets in various ratios. People innately think in ratios about everything they do in trade based systems: Two apples are worth one orange, etc) rather than need calculators and alt tabbing. The idea overall was to harken back to the basic concepts of trade, and come up with numerous tiers of value that are worth more based upon scarcity, need, and obnoxiousness to obtain:
    Value: 1
    Dirt, Cobble, Gravel, Sand, Netherrack
    These items are common and stack up in everyone's boxes.

Value: 2
    Snow Block, Soul Sand, Leaves Sack, Melon Block Stack, Cactus Stack, Pumpkin Stack, Wheat Stack, Planks
    These items are also common, but take some time and/or setup to obtain in quanty. Value 2 items exchange with Value 1 items for twice the amount.

Value: 4
    Wool (all colors), Redstone Stack, Oak Stack, Pine Stack, Birch Stack, Sandstone Stack, Glass Stack
    These items are commonly used, but take a little time to get in large quantities. Value 4 items exchange with Value 1 items for 4:1, or with Value 2 items 4:2 (or reduced to 2:1).

Value: 6
    Smooth Stone Stack, Stone Bricks Stack, Clay Stack, Piston Stack, Coal Stack
    These items are commonly needed, but requite a bit more to get including other materials. Trade at 6:1 with Value 1, etc.

Value: 8
    Netherbrick Stack, Glowstone Stack, Bricks Stack, Sticky Piston Stack, Lapis Lazuli Stack,
    These items are Uncommon, but findable with enough determination. Trade at 8:1 with Value 1, etc.

Value: 10

Grass-Block Stack, Gold Block (1),
    These items are very rare, but but not often needed. Trade at 10:1 with Value 1, etc.

Value: 12
    Mycellum Stack, Arrow Stacks, TNT
    These items are more uncommon, and much needed. Trade at 12:1 with Value 1, etc.

Value: 14

Iron Stack
    Iron is the base value of all trade and is needed the most for nearly everything. Trade at 12:1 with Value 1, etc.

Value: 16
    Diamond Block (1), Ice Block (1)
    These two are the most impossible to get or most valuable in the eyes of the server. Trade at 16:1 with Value 1, etc.

So lets look at an example:
    ===================

Let's say you have a [Stack of Arrows] and you want some [Snow Blocks]. The Exchange rate would be:

[Stack of Arrows]:[Snow Block]
    Value 12 : Value 2

2 Arrow Stacks are with 12 stacks of Snow Blocks, and 12 Snow Blocks are worth 2 Stacks of Arrows (remember you are looking at value here). Done.

BUT WHAT IF YOU DON'T HAVE THAT MANY?

If you don't have that many, simply reduce as needed (for one stack, it would be an 8:1 ratio, so 8 Snow Blocks to 1 stack of Arrows, etc). If you have half a stack, you could easily reduce that as well, as half an arrow stack would be worth 4 stacks of snow blocks. It's simple, and how Minecraft does exchanges innately already (note everything in game typically works on doubling or halving in crafting already). All of these things can be done in your head, and take almost no explanation to work out. Value is simple and easy to assess, and should you suddenly have a server-wide shortage or bumper-harvest you can adjust the lists as needed.

Now lets look at how the Exchange could carry it's profit margin.
    ==========================================

Currently, the Exchange has a substantially large carry over. I'm not sure if this is to pay for Solara's considerable time investment and to make a profit off of it, to ensure a supply of items long term, or both. But regardless of reasoning you need something like that in there both to justify the labor costs of maintaining the Exchange as well as to ensure you have a supply (or cover the costs to keep supply going)

Rather than have math equations and muck up the simplicity of an exchange rate, offer either a simple (but expensive) flat exchange rate for using the system, or take a cut of the exchange with a simple number. How I would do this is the following:

Exchange Fee:
    x5 Iron Bars
    or
    x4 of Each Stack received (Stack items only).

This way, I know going to the exchange that regardless of what I am trading, I have to pay a cost. I can say:

I'm trading 1 [Stack of Arrows] for 8 [Snow Blocks]
    and a service fee of x5 Iron Bars or 4 snow per block I get.
    So I get 8 stacks of 60 or pay a few iron.

That's pretty simple, pretty profitable, and a system I think everyone on the server would immediately start using if Solara is on or not, ensuring profits at all times of the day while also giving a very useful system for the rest of us.

And best of all, you could fit directions on two signs and the chart on one 9tx6w wall.

Enc on
  • Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    With regards to the recent bannings we have, I feel the need to clarify a few things for everyone.

The people we have banned are Ensomhet, Tacticalpig, Zubski and Yubski. The accounts Ensomhet and Tacticalpig were used to steal items from people. The accounts Zubski and Yubski were not used to steal items but were working together on buildings and sharing items in chests with Ensomhet and Tacticalpig.

Ensomhet and Yubski share the same IP address as do Tacticalpig and Zubski. Zubski has come forward and claimed that both Ensomhet and Tacticalpig were accounts controlled through him, and that Yubski did not know this and therefore was not party to any stealing. Unfortunately, Yubski must stay banned. This is due to Yubski sponsoring Zubski and already having been given multiple warnings for other reasons.

I know a lot of us like Yubski and find it hard to reconcile the image we have of him with that of someone who stole himself or is party to malicious thievery. I do not want to let wild speculation over Yubski's honour continue because it is unfair when the reality is that its likely he didn't steal and wasn't double crossing you all.

Let all of this be a lesson though, that you MUST be incredibly careful about who you invite to play with us. We try our best to run this server fairly, and I like to think we do a reasonable job of it. This friends rule offers us a lot of protection against griefing and keeps our server a safe place, and we have rarely had to enforce it. We hate banning people because their friends betrayed their trust, but we will if we must.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    My opinion is pretty moot here, all things accounted for, but as Yub and Zub both play at a networked institution the story Yubski is laying out makes sense. If Zubski did confess, accountability falls to him. I understand the rules, and why Yubski is being banned, but it seems to me that summarily banning one of the most active players on the server is counter intuitive to the health of the server's community, especially when all damages can be easily tracked and accounted for.

It's all in the rules and justifiable, I understand that. It just also seems like an incredibly heavy handed way to solve a fairly minor problem in the greater scheme of things.

I am admittedly biased, so take this for what it is worth (which is not much).

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I'm not happy to see him go either, but I'm unable to trust him anymore.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that the "scheme of things", here, is the Minecraft server we're trying to run, and what was done was not, in that context, particularly minor. It necessitated around 7 hours of work and considerably more hours of simply conferencing with the other admins. Since we have evidence we believe supersedes the case laid out by Yubski, we have to act to protect the server.

We were more than generous with the chances we gave him, up to and including warning him that if he failed to come forward with knowledge that someone was stealing again, he'd be banned. He failed to not only inform us that Zubski was behind Ensomhet, but that he was Tacticalpig and furthermore that he went out the very same night we banned Ensomhet and stole considerably more. I accept the possibility, if not probability, that he was unaware of the latter events. What I don't accept is that I should be expected to trust someone who was asked and warned to provide us with information and failed to do so.

The Good Doctor Tran on
    LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    zubskizubski Registered User new member
    I would just like to clarify one last thing. Yubski didn't know i was behind ensomhet and tacticalpig. He never stole anything and was completely unaware that i was doing this behind his back. To any one who thinks yubski is a liar or stealer your wrong. He is completely innocent and is not being banned for that. He is being banned for inviting a terrible friend onto the server. I lied, cheated, stole, and broke just about ever server rule. I most definitely deserve the ban but don't think that yubski isn't the same person you thought he was. He is a great friend and everyone on this server is like family to him. I know he would never do lie, cheat, or steal anything from anyone on this server. I am deeply sorry that my actions had to get one of your best friends on the server banned but don't think badly of him. It was all my doing and my actions. Think badly of me not Yubski.

• Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
  • Options
    HartechHartech Registered User regular
    Domes = :D
    Underwater Domes = D:

Steam & Almost Everything: Hartech
  • Options
    LaikkaLaikka Hungry like the Wolf Jonesboro, ARRegistered User regular

I have no idea what the hell that is...
    Looks like math to me. And we all know...LAIKKA.DOES.NOT.MATH.

:'(

"I must warn you, getting what you want and being happy are two quite different things."
    b4g779.gif
  • Options
    HartechHartech Registered User regular
    Laikka wrote: »

All you have to do is just save it and open it in like paint or photo viewer and you can magnify it to see the individual voxels

Steam & Almost Everything: Hartech
  • Options
    LaikkaLaikka Hungry like the Wolf Jonesboro, ARRegistered User regular
    "I must warn you, getting what you want and being happy are two quite different things."
    b4g779.gif
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Hartech wrote: »
    Domes = :D
    Underwater Domes = D:

This. I built an island on my map that was basically a giant sphere: the top third was sandstone, the rest (under water) was all glass. Pain in the ass, don't want to do it ever again.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    McMastaMcMasta ProvoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Enc wrote: »
    WARNING:
    The Following is unsolicited advice concerning the Commodity Exchange and simpler, more intuitive ways to go about exchange rates. It is not meant as anything but a suggestion to improve usability so that folks actually use the system frequently and without need of direct guidance from the proprietors.
    The idea is that the exchange math is baffling in complexity at-a-glance until explained out, and often isn't usable without 12obert or Doctorjake online, so I was thinking about this quite a bit. The system is a great idea, but needs to be self-usable rather than rely upon 15 minute explanations from the owners on each use if it is to serve it's intended function as the principle storefront of the server. Even once you have the complexity, it is not innitially intuitive as to why the rates are what they are, or where the surplus traded is going.

I went into this example along with our department accountant, and based the system on the sort of exchange you might find at an arcade for children. You get tickets and trade them in for prizes, and certain prizes are with more tickets in various ratios. People innately think in ratios about everything they do in trade based systems: Two apples are worth one orange, etc) rather than need calculators and alt tabbing. The idea overall was to harken back to the basic concepts of trade, and come up with numerous tiers of value that are worth more based upon scarcity, need, and obnoxiousness to obtain:
    Value: 1
    Dirt, Cobble, Gravel, Sand, Netherrack
    These items are common and stack up in everyone's boxes.

Value: 2
    Snow Block, Soul Sand, Leaves Sack, Melon Block Stack, Cactus Stack, Pumpkin Stack, Wheat Stack, Planks
    These items are also common, but take some time and/or setup to obtain in quanty. Value 2 items exchange with Value 1 items for twice the amount.

Value: 4
    Wool (all colors), Redstone Stack, Oak Stack, Pine Stack, Birch Stack, Sandstone Stack, Glass Stack
    These items are commonly used, but take a little time to get in large quantities. Value 4 items exchange with Value 1 items for 4:1, or with Value 2 items 4:2 (or reduced to 2:1).

Value: 6
    Smooth Stone Stack, Stone Bricks Stack, Clay Stack, Piston Stack, Coal Stack
    These items are commonly needed, but requite a bit more to get including other materials. Trade at 6:1 with Value 1, etc.

Value: 8
    Netherbrick Stack, Glowstone Stack, Bricks Stack, Sticky Piston Stack, Lapis Lazuli Stack,
    These items are Uncommon, but findable with enough determination. Trade at 8:1 with Value 1, etc.

Value: 10

Grass-Block Stack, Gold Block (1),
    These items are very rare, but but not often needed. Trade at 10:1 with Value 1, etc.

Value: 12
    Mycellum Stack, Arrow Stacks, TNT
    These items are more uncommon, and much needed. Trade at 12:1 with Value 1, etc.

Value: 14

Iron Stack
    Iron is the base value of all trade and is needed the most for nearly everything. Trade at 12:1 with Value 1, etc.

Value: 16
    Diamond Block (1), Ice Block (1)
    These two are the most impossible to get or most valuable in the eyes of the server. Trade at 16:1 with Value 1, etc.

So lets look at an example:
    ===================

Let's say you have a [Stack of Arrows] and you want some [Snow Blocks]. The Exchange rate would be:

[Stack of Arrows]:[Snow Block]
    Value 12 : Value 2

2 Arrow Stacks are with 12 stacks of Snow Blocks, and 12 Snow Blocks are worth 2 Stacks of Arrows (remember you are looking at value here). Done.

BUT WHAT IF YOU DON'T HAVE THAT MANY?

If you don't have that many, simply reduce as needed (for one stack, it would be an 8:1 ratio, so 8 Snow Blocks to 1 stack of Arrows, etc). If you have half a stack, you could easily reduce that as well, as half an arrow stack would be worth 4 stacks of snow blocks. It's simple, and how Minecraft does exchanges innately already (note everything in game typically works on doubling or halving in crafting already). All of these things can be done in your head, and take almost no explanation to work out. Value is simple and easy to assess, and should you suddenly have a server-wide shortage or bumper-harvest you can adjust the lists as needed.

Now lets look at how the Exchange could carry it's profit margin.
    ==========================================

Currently, the Exchange has a substantially large carry over. I'm not sure if this is to pay for Solara's considerable time investment and to make a profit off of it, to ensure a supply of items long term, or both. But regardless of reasoning you need something like that in there both to justify the labor costs of maintaining the Exchange as well as to ensure you have a supply (or cover the costs to keep supply going)

Rather than have math equations and muck up the simplicity of an exchange rate, offer either a simple (but expensive) flat exchange rate for using the system, or take a cut of the exchange with a simple number. How I would do this is the following:

Exchange Fee:
    x5 Iron Bars
    or
    x4 of Each Stack received (Stack items only).

This way, I know going to the exchange that regardless of what I am trading, I have to pay a cost. I can say:

I'm trading 1 [Stack of Arrows] for 8 [Snow Blocks]
    and a service fee of x5 Iron Bars or 4 snow per block I get.
    So I get 8 stacks of 60 or pay a few iron.

That's pretty simple, pretty profitable, and a system I think everyone on the server would immediately start using if Solara is on or not, ensuring profits at all times of the day while also giving a very useful system for the rest of us.

And best of all, you could fit directions on two signs and the chart on one 9tx6w wall.

Enc, let me start by first telling you how awesome it is you took the time to write this up! Believe me when I say, it feels uncanny at how close the system you are talking about resembles where we started with the CX. With that in mind allow me to explain the thought processes that brought us to the changes in the trade system you are suggesting to the one we have now.

First-what blocks do we trade: Leafs, and Tnt, and Bricks, OH MY!
    When we first started we evaluated many many many items to be used for as trade. As we continued however it became very hard to evaluate the value of some of these items and categorize them into simple ratios of 2. Also the sheer number of blocks and items is very large, so we decided very early that the CX would be a trade center for the building blocks you obtain through mining, use constantly in building, and generally are wanted in large quantities. We also decided that crafted and refined items should be left to the individual (for example, you can trade for all the necessary items to craft pistons therefore we don't have a place to trade for them) with the exception of Coal, Smooth Stone, and Glass, we have no processed or refined items. Exceptions were made for these items because of the frequency that they are used. With the way the CX is set up now we can add a few blocks here or there depending on desire, and are open to taking requests to open up the exchange for trading additional commodities. We also had in mind that mini shops could be created to provide for those other items. We intended to create a bazaar like area next to the CX to trade for all of those other items, but before we got to that, the bazaar area in new harbor was implemented. (Which to be quite honest takes a huge load off our plate, and due to it's vary nature is delivered with a really neat bazaar-market-semi-chaotic feel, that we would have been unable to replicate.)

Second-The cost of doing business: Ratio of twos, and fee.
    If you look at the current ratios that is essentially how they ARE set up. I'm not sure if you saw the tier board or not, however we have placed each resource into a tier, each of those tiers has it's own floor. Each tier is MEANT to be traded at 1:1 within itself, and at 2:1 with each tier above it, with the exception of the jump to the "valuable items" where it takes a 4:1 jump. If you compare the "Trade in & the Take" rates across the board you will see this is very consistent. The fee needs to exist in order to propagate the resources in the exchange in order for it to be self sustaining. I cannot stress this enough, the more the CX is used the more resources it should have available to be traded. With no fee it would be entirely dependent on us to continually keep it stocked. The fee also needs to be something that is proportional to the amount of items traded. So your idea for leaving behind 4 blocks of each stack is the direction the exchange should be going. The Fee that we have in place now may be slightly higher that it should be, but this is to protect the CX from itself, since it was very possible that there were loopholes in the system we were careful to create a system that wouldn't just collapse. (for example, we at one point had coal valued higher than wood [just like in your suggestion], so if your trading aprox 2:1 Coal:wood, it created a loophole where you could smelt wood into coal then trade that coal for 2x the wood, and even with our current fees "go infinite" and buy out all the resources in the Exchange) The CX needs to be a place that even with the most shrewd traders using the system it cannot be broken.

Third-Valuing resources: Time, and usability
    The first factor in determining an items value is the time required to acquire the item. The second factor is that items usefulness and it's demand, Iron blocks for example were valued higher than Gold, despite gold being much more rare, this was due to our perception of the usefulness of gold. (which since the opening of the exchange has changed and we now value gold higher) There was a lot of thought that went through our pricing of items the way we have. We had multiple people evaluate and critique how we had our tier system set up. Without trying to offend, I can point out quite a few flaws in the pricing system you have suggested, but that's to be expected, we spent many many hours reviewing our prices, and in doing so comes the understanding that it would be nigh impossible to come up with an accurate assessment of the value of resources relative to each other on the first try. It is possible that we are still off on a few items. (Which i might add we are quite open to discussing in greater length, and are very interested in the logic behind perceived value)

Last of all I want to say that reading your post was like reading a conversation that we had in the early stages of the CX's development. The decision to make something simple in concept but slightly harder in the math was the decision we decided to go with in lieu of a system that was harder to grasp yet simple in the math. The system we have now requires the use of a calculator. One step of division: divide the number of blocks you bring in, by that items trade in rate. And one step of Multiplication: multiply the number you got in step one, by the take rate of the item you want. It is very possible our explanation of the system has over complicated such a simple process. Also in my zeal to show off examples I fear i may have intimidated people with a very extensive example board, which was ill placed at the front of the building.

McMasta on
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    Laikka wrote: »

It's the same as the other thing linked! Find the one with the diameter you want, the one i linked, and then put down each layer, every new circle is a new layer. If you want a dome put it down from middle to right, a bowl put it down from left to middle and a sphere is left to right.
    Buttpickles

• Options
    FiskavFiskav Registered User regular
    Getting an "End of Stream" error every time I try to log in with my vanilla client on 1.2.4. Any ideas on what might be happening?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Server is still 1.1

• Options
    FiskavFiskav Registered User regular
    Server is still 1.1

Ah, thanks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    So I've started a rail tunnel from woolhalla that will hopefully someday connect to the western line.

However I'm not architecturally proficient enough to make a sufficiently grand station for it. If somebody wants to take a stab at it, go for it.

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    So I've started a rail tunnel from woolhalla that will hopefully someday connect to the western line.

However I'm not architecturally proficient enough to make a sufficiently grand station for it. If somebody wants to take a stab at it, go for it.

Do you need any supplies? I'll be glad to pitch in some materials for the dig.

• Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    Where did you start the station in Woolhalla? I'm back in town working on stuff.

Telling my sheeps how much I've missed them.

• Options
    Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    9THsi.jpg

Right about there.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Gonna be diggin' the opposite direction towards the west coast of Iceland. I guess it could lead to Frostheim too.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Haha, that is right near where there was a demonic cavern. I might be on later to poke around. I have some shiny stuff that might make a nice station hub.

• Options
    A little birdy told me someone was fixing/expanding West Road and it's rail, and I'd be more than willing to help in any way I can, as my town is just off of it. I don't have any real experience with the rail system, but so far it seems really simple for what it is. I wouldn't mind using my own resources either!

• Options
    Do we know what the distance is between woolhalla and the western rail? I have a decent amount of iron, and I believe we have some extra in the woolhalla armory but I will have to double check?
    Also, I assume underground rail?

This discussion has been closed.