As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bullying Thread] Kicking First Grade Bully In The Nuts = Sexual Harassment

OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
edited December 2011 in Social Entropy++
WARNING: This story may cause an aneurism or leakage of the brain through the ears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isk_5H41uXo
A 7-year-old boy at South Boston's Tynan Elementary School is under investigation for sexual harassment after he struck a boy in the groin, The Boston Globe reports.

The boy's mother, Tasha Lynch, says her son, Mark Curran, was only defending himself after the other boy allegedly choked Curran on a school bus Nov. 22.

"I think my kid was right to fight back," Lynch told The Globe. "He wasn’t doing anything except protecting himself."

Lynch describes the alleged incident further to Boston's WBZ.

"He just all of a sudden came up to him, choked him," Lynch said of the November 22 incident. "He wanted to take his gloves, and my son said, 'I couldn't breathe, so I kicked him in the testicles."

Lynch told the station she received a call from the school informing her that her son's actions would be treated as sexual harassment.

"Your son kicked a little boy in the testicles. We call that sexual harassment," Lynch said the school told her, according to WBZ.

So, this response by the school can appropriately be called 'retarded', right? I mean, it's the only word that sums up what I'm feeling adequately enough.

Owenashi on

• Options
    peticanoepeticanoe Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    You can't really appropriately describe anything as 'retarded' because that's an inappropriate descriptor and kind of offensive to a fair number of people.

I think 'sexual harassment' is probably the wrong term unless the kid winked at the bully while he was doing the kicking.

peticanoe on
    comics monday to friday
    Rolo wrote:
    what's the deal with nerds and cthulu
    when C'thulhu rises all those jocks will finally get what's coming to them
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I say good for the kid

Bullies are the shit of humanity, kicking them in the nuts when they are choking you is the least they deserve

Also, and I'm sure everyone will agree, kicking a kid in the balls when they attack you is not sexual harassment. It's self defence

Solar on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Oh fuck this.

Sexual harassment?

The kid is seven.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote:
    Oh fuck this.

Sexual harassment?

The kid is seven.

The perfect disguise for a sexual predator

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Is this what the world has come to? A kid kicks another kid, it happens to be in the balls and suddenly SEXUAL HARASSMENT OH GOD THINK OF THE CHILDREN

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Hmm... Well I guess it could be seen as a harassment of his sexual prowess.

Except I doubt that bully was getting much action around the playground.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    wow the school really mishandled that

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Amy once kicked a dude in the balls hard enough that he had to go to hospital, and miss school for a week. He was trying to push her off a second story balcony.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    wait, so what of the bully

what's he getting

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I don't see why they need better supervision on the school bus

sounds like the kid took care of the situation appropriately

• Options
    edited December 2011

what's he getting

Fuck all, I expect, because bullied kids are basically ignored by adults, and even in the rare cases where they do pay attention there is nothing they can do. Bullies are basically given free reign and all they have to do is not bully where they can be seen by adults and you can't prove shit.

The school probably doesn't see a kid choking another kid, they see a potential lawsuit.

Solar on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    total bullshit

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

what's he getting

An icepack down the pants for a few days?

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm telling my daughter that the appropriate response to a guy getting out of line is a straight shot to the junk. I'll have her practice and everything. I want my daughter's first reflex to be to destroy an unknown boy's penis.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    i once prevented a 'bully' from taking me out from behind in the locker room by successfully donkey kicking him in the junk and then choke slamming him into the lockers

it was 8th grade, which he failed, and proceeded to fail a couple of grades of high school

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    i once prevented a 'bully' from taking me out from behind in the locker room by successfully donkey kicking him in the junk and then choke slamming him into the lockers

it was 8th grade, which he failed, and proceeded to fail a couple of grades of high school

Hey, I failed a couple of grades of high school

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    "your son kicked a small boy in the balls"

a small boy

like the 7 year old isn't also a small boy?

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Peen wrote:
    I'm telling my daughter that the appropriate response to a guy getting out of line is a straight shot to the junk. I'll have her practice and everything. I want my daughter's first reflex to be to destroy an unknown boy's penis.

You will have taught your daughter a lesson that will guide her right for the rest of her life.

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    The school will have to issue a hasty retraction and apologise and no one will be held accountable

Don't worry about it

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    school officials should really learn what sexual harassment is before accusing someone of it

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    what a perverse world we live in.

on another similarly related topic, have any of you folks been kicked/punched/injured in the groin before? i played a significant amount of sports, and i am clumsy, and i also stick my foot in my mouth quite often, so i've been racked a few times. the worst thing is the pain comes about 2 seconds after the realization, at least for me. "oh god, here it comes", and then the fetal position. it really sucks to realize that the next 15 minutes are going to be awful even before it happens.

• Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    My best guess is that the bully has some kind of CBT fetish.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    i once got hit in the balls with a block of ice

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular

what's he getting

wicked case of blue balls

• Options
    Reginald wrote:

on another similarly related topic, have any of you folks been kicked/punched/injured in the groin before? i played a significant amount of sports, and i am clumsy, and i also stick my foot in my mouth quite often, so i've been racked a few times. the worst thing is the pain comes about 2 seconds after the realization, at least for me. "oh god, here it comes", and then the fetal position. it really sucks to realize that the next 15 minutes are going to be awful even before it happens.

Yeah, several times by several people/things. Fists, feet, face, baseball, baseball bat, backpack full of books, river (I was on a rope swing and landed very, very wrong), etc. I've never been a big fan of the sensation, especially when it feels like it's up inside your stomach. That's the worst part for me.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote:
    i once got hit in the balls with a block of ice

Point on the doll where the ice touched you.

• Options
    Reginald wrote:

Yeah you get the couple of seconds grace

And then woof, in your own private universe of pain and nausea

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i'm sure the bully's mom just reported the incident first so it looked like an unprovoked kick in the balls

still, you shouldn't throw around sexual harassment accusations when you're still investigating

shoddy police work, public school, turn in your badge

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    man, I used to get racked all the damn time in like, later elementary? early jr high? I forget, it was a private school that was basically everyone altogether in one building. anyway, this girl a couple grades later would always carry me to the nurse

come to think of it, it was often her fault that it happened.

wonder what happened to her

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Peen wrote:

:^:

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    As a manly guy who outweighs most people who have ever tried punching my monkey ass, my first response has always been a kick to the junk.

It's like, I know I could lay this guy on his ass with a manly punch.

But his nuts are right there.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    @blankzilla this is the perfect time to share more dbz stories where your juno gets injured

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    Hullis wrote:
    @blankzilla this is the perfect time to share more dbz stories where your juno gets injured

Yeah come on dude don't hold back on us

• Options
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Sock the principal right in the kisser. When police show up, "No I didn't assault the person I was just making a sexual advance."

• Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    Is the new Beavis and Butthead any good? King of the Hill had some great moments.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Reginald wrote:
    Is the new Beavis and Butthead any good? King of the Hill had some great moments.

It's exactly the same as it always was .... which is both good and bad really

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Reginald wrote:

I typically have a ten second grace period so I tend to just pummel a friend who does it into an equal level of discomfort before succumbing to the pain.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    The worst thing about the grace period is when it's a grazing hit, or one you think might have missed, because it really doesn't feel that bad thank god I dodged a bullet therOH GOD THE PAIN.

• Options
    Xaquin wrote:
    Reginald wrote:

It's exactly the same as it always was .... which is both good and bad really

I could watch Beavis and Butthead all day long

JtgVX0H.png