Options

[StarCraft2] Trash micro but win--is marine.

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    ahahahah

mr bitter channeling his inner dhal

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Lol Mr. Bitter can't hold back his Zerg heart.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    Fuck mr bitter and every zerg that complains about the nerfed archon toilet.

You want zergs to auto win every late game? Is that fair?

76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    ahhh was such an exciting game and then bloop

Fuck mr rofflor and every protoss that complains about infestor broodlord.

You want Terran and Protoss to auto win every late game? Is that fair?

TannerMS on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    i'd prefer it to be fixed so that the archon toilet didn't have to exist because bl infestor wasn't so crazy strong

and yeah the archon toilet does that to games, a really exciting game and then just one key press and it's instantly over

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Biosys on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    Nerfed archon toilet? Heh. How about the nerfed infestor/broodlord? Infestors are exceedingly less useful post-NP nerf.

• Options
    At least we can agree that late game pvz is bullshit.

76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    double post

vanilla is weird

Biosys on
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Rofflor wrote:
    Fuck mr bitter and every zerg that complains about the nerfed archon toilet.

You want zergs to auto win every late game? Is that fair?

Fuck every protoss that complains about archon toilet not needing a nerf.

You want entire armies to disappear in 1 second? Is that fair?

Ghost-mech terran on at least the tournament maps is basically unbeatable. VR/Colossus is still ridiculously fucking strong, and that's mothership-less.

Just because a race can auto-win in certain circumstances doesn't make it imbalanced or unfair, as long as the other race has a decent chance before that.

Of course, I agree with everyone in saying that infestor/broodlord (especially with roach/queen etc.) is fucking retarded strong, and the archon toilet is a necessary evil as a reaction. But Infestor/brood is way weaker because of NP as thebog mentioned. And yeah, maybe it's still strong as fuck, but having such a dumb looking mechanic in the game is just so, so stupid. It makes the game balanced around a single unit and it's spell. It's pretty much the anti-thesis of what SC should feel like. It takes away so much from the game in terms of econ management, army management, and so on.

Sure, nerfing infestor/brood is hard and will fuck with ZvT balance, but having a literal hero unit in SC feels dumb as hell.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    Hey I was not saying it didnt need a nerf.

76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    It is disappointing that a whole game's build up comes down to one action going in one or the other side's favor and that there's basically no way to recover once it's happened.

• Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    Grubby put it best, both things are probably a bit too strong, but they need to be that strong to cancel each other out.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    ghost-mech terran isn't really that good honestly, and v/colossus is so late-game that it makes sense that it is that strong

yeah i don't wanna start an argument or anything just that god damn it is dumb that late-game zvp works out as it does

Biosys on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    Ghost-mech?

Come on, man.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I accidentally dropped a word there. I meant "at least half". Ghost-mech on some maps is legitly broken. Sure, that's map architecture, but look at Shak. Antiga. etc. etc. Terran favored maps are unwinnable (not literally, but you know what I mean) late game because of ghost-mech.

VR/Colo is not that much more late-game than archon toilet spam. In both lategame PvZs in this series, JYP could have afforded VR/Colo. It's just that going mothership is more effective.

Yeah, I pretty much also agree with Sceptre and Cruciality and such when I express my hate for archon toilet. And this ties back in with what I posted last page. ZvP feels really fucking dumb sometimes on both sides.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Woops, mis-click.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    Heh.. JYP being a giant dickhole. I wish zerg had extremely gay cheese.

• Options
    TheBog wrote:

i pick my strategies based entirely on the sexual orientation of them too

• Options
    When I say gay, I don't mean homosexual. 90s.

• Options
    I don't believe that army composition even exists. Show me a replay of a pro game where the terran goes ghost-mech.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    TheBog wrote:

Gay cheese eh? Is that really happy cheese?

Also, play to win. Complaining about cheese is dumb. They are competing for money, playing "nicely" to each other would be really stupid.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    let's not have the cheese thing again

because that was terrible

let us instead focus on this incredibly straight nydus attempts from dimaga

• Options
    Hoz wrote:
    I don't believe that army composition even exists. Show me a replay of a pro game where the terran goes ghost-mech.

I can show you VoDs, but not replays. Check any late-game TvZ recently. Ghost-tank by MVP on Shak. Ghost-tank by MVP on Metal a while back. Those two are the ones that are most vivid, but there is no way you can deny the power of ghost late game right now. Coupled with a good map for tanks, and lategame is extremely fucking difficult to win. At least as difficult as it would be to play against infestor/brood.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Euphemon wrote:
    Hoz wrote:

I can show you VoDs, but not replays. Check any late-game TvZ recently. Ghost-tank by MVP on Shak. Ghost-tank by MVP on Metal a while back. Those two are the ones that are most vivid, but there is no way you can deny the power of ghost late game right now. Coupled with a good map for tanks, and lategame is extremely fucking difficult to win. At least as difficult as it would be to play against infestor/brood.

this may be why it seemed so strong

also terran doesn't really have a lot going on late-game, letting the terran get to that split-map mech position without significantly harrassing or stopping is a mistake in of itself

Biosys on
  • Options
    ImpyrockerImpyrocker Registered User regular
    Dimaga is frustratingly passive

1345301-1.png
    Quasi ignis
    Flamma inferno
    Igne cutis
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Ghost Mech is Tank/Thor/Viking/Ghost plus whatever Marines and Medivacs you have leftover from earlier. Mvp usually ends up going it when his TvZs go late.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, that's why I added the qualifier at the end. But Thorzain had a game recently where he basically won off ghosts. It's not like there's really a rarity.

Game 1 on TDA in Leenock vs Jjakji as well. I can keep looking, but really, come on. You've seen fucking ghosts and tanks. Everyone has at this point. And on maps that are terran favored, it is some serious bs. Not saying it's imbalanced, because usually the zerg could have beaten it by engaging perfectly or hitting a timing, but if it gets built up, like infestor/brood, it's really fucking ridiculous.

Good fight by Dimaga. He's so frustratingly passive ZvP. Won him game 1, but...

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    So marine-tank into ghosts.

That always seems one-sided at the highest pro level because guys like MVP are so good at controlling ghosts and keeping them alive. For the rest of us, that's not broken at all.

Also, what it turns into is a starring contest. Ghost-tank is terrible at attacking into an army with brood lords and infestors, and it goes vice versa also. Where Terran gets the edge is in the ability to drop 3-3 marines around the map as this stalemate is happening.

Hoz on
  • Options
    ImpyrockerImpyrocker Registered User regular
    Balance is only applicable at the top level, if it's broken up there, than it's broken.

1345301-1.png
    Quasi ignis
    Flamma inferno
    Igne cutis
  • Options
    man that was a great series, and pretty much the best casters (nah i'm just kidding it was all grubby) for it

homestory cup, especially in zvt, has been showing me how good infestors really are

reeeeaallly need to make a lot more in them in my late-game comp.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, I'm obviously not talking about guys like us. I'm talking about on the pro level, spectating games. It's just as dumb watching a Terran break anything and everything a Zerg throws at them with pewpewpewpewpew sounds as it is watching infestor/brood shit on protoss.

But watching a 20+ minute game boil down into how one unit can be used and abused. That is fucking dumb. Really, really dumb. Way dumber than anything else currently in the game.

@Biosys Yup, I agree. Amazing ZvP series, the best I've seen for ages. And Grubby. Fuck yeah Grubby. Maybe not that most high level play, but lategame ZvP is so rare I'll take what I can get.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    I the issue of ZvP is that Zerg can sustain for quite a while with low-gas units, and build up a bank of gas to have its late-game comp build faster. Protoss pretty much have to make sentries against heavy roach, and that eats away all Protoss early game gas.

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    Topia wrote:
    I the issue of ZvP is that Zerg can sustain for quite a while with low-gas units, and build up a bank of gas to have its late-game comp build faster. Protoss pretty much have to make sentries against heavy roach, and that eats away all Protoss early game gas.

This doesn't make any sense.

Nobody makes more than 6 sentries with any opening and that's after they've got some other tech coming

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Biosys wrote:
    Euphemon wrote:
    Hoz wrote:

also terran doesn't really have a lot going on late-game, letting the terran get to that split-map mech position without significantly harrassing or stopping is a mistake in of itself

Yeah, that's my point. Just because a composition (ghost-mech, infestor/brood, fast-upgraded zealarchon pvt, mothership+archon+gateway pvz) is excessively strong at certain periods in the game, doesn't mean that the game is unfair like Rofflor seems to be implying. It's only unfair if they can consistently get there without the other race having a fair chance at ending it. There are very few (if not none) situations in SC now where it was impossible to win despite having played close to perfectly.

That was my problem with Rofflor's post. I hate the concept of a hero unit in SC, but that aside, there is a school of thought that a race should always have a fair chance at every point in the game, and that school of thought is poison. Protoss can still do so much to prevent infestor/brood that even if protoss really lost 100% lategame, PvZ played very well almost never reaches lategame anyway. Yes, protoss would probably lose more games, but not because it was OOOO SUPER IMBA, but because protoss will need to learn how to exploit timings and harass to prevent infestor/brood from ever being made.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    They are never getting through this quiz....

• Options
    ret spoonzain destiny casting sound vs violet, who in fact look exactly the same

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    tda suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucksu

• Options
    edited January 2012
    i like taldarim

T.T

edit: but yeah certain parts of it are kinda bad

Biosys on
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    This trio has no chemistry. It's like the same guy talking three times.

• Options
    But the content! Such intelligent commentary.

iG3kv1d.png