As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] Trash micro but win--is marine.

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    the hostility sexual tension between destiny and ret is fascinating

• Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    Sound's upgrades are so late.

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    This game is disgusting. Not even ZvT problems, just zerg making so many mistakes.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    Wow.. Violet is fucking gold league haha. How is this game so bad.

• Options
    that was dumb

both the post above me and this game

• Options
    Harsh.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    word

and yeah, but if i delete that post now, then all the other cool kids at school won't let me into their clique, and then my life will be over

i'm sorry

i had to do it

Biosys on
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    "I don't know where you've been" HOLY CRAP

"It's the races?"

Oh Thorzain and Ret. Ohh...

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    Euphemon wrote:
    "I don't know where you've been" HOLY CRAP

sexual tension

• Options
    Oh I agree, Biosys.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Well, Ret respects women. Destiny doesn't.

Of course he'd feel uncomfortable in the same room with him. Also, wtf is destiny doing there. He's garbage.

• Options
    OH NO

destiny what are you doing

be quiet about ghost-mech

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    nevermind

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    btw people: If you cast infested t's into a vortex (roughly 20 or so) you can move the archons out of the middle and avoid the toilet

So that's interesting.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    each egg is 25 energy. 20x25 = 500. 6.66666.... fungal growths. And that's assuming you can get your infestors into position without them getting destroyed while they shit out a ton of eggs. It's possible, maybe even eventually viable since they can shit out the eggs while burrowed. But it's far from a "problem solved!" kind of thing.

Also, this map is godawful, but I think everyone already knows that. Why is it still in rotation?

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    500 energy is only 2 and a half Infestors.

Yilias on
    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    because it's the best

• Options
    One of those cute little tricks that is not viable 99 times out of 100 in that situation.

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    I was hoping for a draw so neither player would advance, that series was awful >_<

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Shakuras is the best ladder map that doesn't have Antiga in it's name.

Yilias on
  • Options
    3clipse wrote:
    btw people: If you cast infested t's into a vortex (roughly 20 or so) you can move the archons out of the middle and avoid the toilet
    So that's interesting.

I don't understand this. So what like.. it pushes archons to the edges while the center is made up of all infested terrans? Why would it do this? The vortex prioritizes unit positioning to put smaller units in the middle?

I guess I won't knock it since I haven't tried it myself, but it sounds like it's a chance thing, if it's even true. Maybe incontrol saw it happen once.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Yilias wrote:
    500 energy is only 2 and a half Infestors.

Wait, you're trolling right? Try doing this trick with 3 infestors. See how many eggs you get out before they die. And that's assuming all three have full energy in the first place. You need to have 2 and a half infestor's worth of energy in eggs. There's a cast time for each egg, not sure exactly how long, but it's not even close to instant. And you can't be too close or they get shit on by the toss army, but you have a strict time limit because if you don't do it fast enough, you've wasted your energy and also lost all your broods. It's not simple, at all. It's possible, but it's super fucking chancy, especially since no one has really tested it out in an actual pro game.

@TheBog It's been tested. I remember reading something about this with Major doing some stuff, but whatever. I have no clue how it works, but it USUALLY does. It's slightly chancy, but it's not a coinflip. I think it has to do with eggs not being able to be moved, so they push each other out and form the center while the archons, which can move, get pushed to the very edge.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    TheBog wrote:
    3clipse wrote:
    So that's interesting.

I don't understand this. So what like.. it pushes archons to the edges while the center is made up of all infested terrans? Why would it do this? The vortex prioritizes unit positioning to put smaller units in the middle?

I guess I won't knock it since I haven't tried it myself, but it sounds like it's a chance thing, if it's even true. Maybe incontrol saw it happen once.
    I think it positions the eggs in the middle because they're immobile.

• Options
    If you shift queue the eggs they pop out very quickly, and you can leave your Infestors burrowed while you do it to help protect them. And yes, if the P has a Mothership with 100 energy you can have 3 Infestors with full energy or 5 with 100 energy.

• Options
    The eggs hatch after 5s and the vortex lasts 20s, do you need to wait till the end to throw the eggs or do they not hatch when they're inside

• Options
    Huh... Well in that case that's damn interesting. I'll have to play around with that.

• Options
    Time to hit the unit_test_map.

• Options
    Hoz wrote:
    Time to hit the unit_test_map.

wait for me to obss!

• Options
    edited January 2012
    You don't need to shift-queue. You can hold down the button and spam click. Any spammable spell can be cast like that.

They don't hatch when they're inside.

The problem isn't having a shitton of infestors. The problem is getting them there and staying alive. They have at least a .5 second delay between each egg. Toss already has ranged colossus and observers. If they're burrowed, they're even slower than normal, and they have fucking 90 hp. You talk about this as if the problem is basically solved. A lot of zergs actually already knew about this (like I said, Major/Windy/Princess/whatever has been talking about this for a while now), but trading more than 6 fungals worth of energy and risking all the infestors for a gamble is super, SUPER risky. Arguably worse than just using the fungals. Theoretically possible, but hard to say in terms of viability.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Personally I really hate the archon toilet because I always seem to get caught without a mothership and its the only real way to deal with large numbers of broodlords. Voidrays are rubbish and stalkers by themselves aren't enough unless you have a bigger army than the Zerg.

• Options
    void rays are rubbish?

MC is a micro God

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote:
    void rays are rubbish?

MC is a micro God

Motherships are the only way to cost effectively trade with lategame broodlord/infestor armies where you are even or behind the Zerg economy. Voidrays and stalkers can only do it without a mothership if the broodlord numbers are low (Less than 6) or if your army is just bigger due to a better economy.

• Options
    Tried it twice, if the egg pops in the vortex then the infested terran are so clumped together that it makes it irrelevant.

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    PvP sucks to watch almost as much as it sucks to play.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hmm, the egg actually pops inside? When I tried, it didn't hatch. Maybe I just got the eggs in really late. Well, even less effective then, but honestly speaking, the chances of having infestors in range to throw out the eggs soon enough for the eggs to hatch within the vortex is pretty small. Realistically, most of the eggs won't be hatched provided you can even get them in.

Basically, like I remembered, it doesn't work very well :(.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    jaziek wrote:
    PvP sucks to watch almost as much as it sucks to play.

I quite like it. Matches where both sides are furiously microing for minutes at a time can be fun and you don't get them very often in the other matchups. Mostly because Zerg players don't micro and Terran units can't be micro'd against after early game.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree. PvP is the new ZvZ. It's good once in a while, just bad when you have to watch a lot of it. JYP is playing really sick actually.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    that battle, MC is just on a different level

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Ok that micro battle was actually incredible.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    I just realized something, it's possible that the infested terran egg morph is a lot faster on the unit_test_map.