[NFL] 2007: II

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    nasty pigs.....
    your time has come
    enjoy the time you have left for the sp00ns come for you

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Gosling wrote:
    "Jon Gruden: "I tell ya what, if there's gonna be a power outage, there is not better stadium in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, than Candlestick Park at making lights miss their cues and fail to illuminate the field...I LOVE watching this stadium go dark, it is really fun to WATCH!"

okay this one was pretty good

also fin, you and I both know that rivers has one more good self-destruction in him this season

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote:
    you guys are such dicks
    riversscowl.jpg

Reminds me of the Gabe face here:
    967761811_miT38-L.jpg

• Options
    mrsinistermrsinister Registered User regular
    Betting heavy that Indy is going to lose on purpose tomorrow night.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    mrsinister wrote:
    Betting heavy that Indy is going to lose on purpose tomorrow night.

Don't they already have the #1 pick locked up?

Edit: Oh wait no, they won a game. THE FOOLS.

What happens if there's two teams with the worst record? Coin flip or do they go to the tiebreaking procedures?

hippofant on
  • Options
    mrsinistermrsinister Registered User regular
    There are a bunch of different tie breakers, but right now I think if Indy has two wins they flip a coin with Minnesota.

I'll be so pissed if Minnesota gets Luck.

• Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    Indy doesn't need to try to lose, it's as close to a sure thing as we get in the NFL. The Texans aren't the Titans, that's for god damn sure.

My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I wonder if someone before the season started bet on Indy to get the number one pick. I imagine that person is a rich man now.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    It looks like Deon Sanders got glitters stuck on his face trying to grow a beard.

• Options
    What a BS call by the ref, Orlovsky ducks his head and JJ Watt has to realize that when he's already going for the sack? Pfft, just trying to keep the game interesting.

• Options
    This is some straight up bullshit officiating.

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I don't normally make a stink about bad calls, but the officiating in this game has seriously been horrendous. When even the announcers are mentioning it, you know it was bad.

Absolutely disgusting. Not that the Texans didn't play bad tonight, but still.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever seen worse officiating in an NFL game. The refs just... just... gave Indy the last twenty yards. In the span of maybe five or six plays there were three calls which I would characterize as complete and total bullshit. Some zebras better be losing their jobs over that. Of course, they won't.

My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh the Texans were coasting it in the second half, no doubt, especially on offense, but then the refs started being absolute dickheads with the penalties just to keep the game interesting. If the Colts pulled a NY Jets like last season it wouldn't have been as bad.

Back in 2004 there was a Colts/Texans game in Houston where we lost because of some really crappy Hochuli calls, to the point where I think Capers and even Bob McNair complained to the NFL to not have him officiate any more Texans games for a while. It was the game where they let Houston challenge a play that was a fumble recovery but they called it a dead ball at the end so it was a big screw you and they still counted it as a time out. We could have won that game too but lost 24-13.

Someone on the team better blast off to the media about it, everyone in the city will pay for the fine.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Someone said the Texans are not the Titans. Welcome to the club! The club of teams that lost to Indy. You all get membership jackets.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Orlovsky, just winning.

• Options
    Elki wrote:
    Someone said the Texans are not the Titans. Welcome to the club! The club of teams that lost to Indy. You all get membership jackets.

Eh, I stand by what I said. That was probably the worst game the Texans played all season, and we still would have won if the officials didn't fuck us over. Worst. Officiating. Ever.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    What if Indy plays themselves right out of the #1 draft pick?

• Options
    Apparently the refs were telling Kubiak any touching of the helmet is going to be a penalty, but that's not in the rules, they fucking made that up.

This is like Animal Farm people, open your eyes!

• Options
    Stolen from the SE thread, because it deserves to be shared everywhere.

ll2fg.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Hey, the Texans love to break the worst kinds of records.

Still most sacks of a QB ever! And I'm sure we hold on to the most heartbreaking losses ever with last season alone.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Woo! How good is Andrew Luck? Ive heard his name for like 2 years now, so I'm assuming pretty damned good. Has Ponder proved himself bad enough to warrant a new QB? Normally I'd say no. But Andrew Luck just has a star quaterback name.

I wonder if the vikes could get a number 2 pick for Ponder? Maybe a 3? He's played very much what youd expect a rookie on a 2 win team to play like. There are tons of teams out there with worse QBs...

Hmm im reading the tie breaker for 1st pick is strength of schedule. But articles seem to indicate a better strength of schedule would win you number 1. That seems backwards to me. A better strength of schedule would mean you win the tiebreaker meaning you finish AHEAD of them, meanining you would get the better pick. Thats how tie breakers would work for 1st place or wildcard. Why would it be backwards for last?

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Everything is coming up Milhouse Patriots!

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote:
    Woo! How good is Andrew Luck? Ive heard his name for like 2 years now, so I'm assuming pretty damned good. Has Ponder proved himself bad enough to warrant a new QB? Normally I'd say no. But Andrew Luck just has a star quaterback name.

I wonder if the vikes could get a number 2 pick for Ponder? Maybe a 3? He's played very much what youd expect a rookie on a 2 win team to play like. There are tons of teams out there with worse QBs...

Hmm im reading the tie breaker for 1st pick is strength of schedule. But articles seem to indicate a better strength of schedule would win you number 1. That seems backwards to me. A better strength of schedule would mean you win the tiebreaker meaning you finish AHEAD of them, meanining you would get the better pick. Thats how tie breakers would work for 1st place or wildcard. Why would it be backwards for last?

Having a better strength of schedule is usually a sign that you're in a stronger division/conference so they'd rather give the better picks to them.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7383915/indianapolis-colts-secure-no-1-pick-week-17-loss

The Colts would have the top pick if they lose next week, because their SoS would be weaker than the Vikings & Rams.

• Options
    I'll take St Louis in that race.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Denver Broncos @ Buffalo Bills: Jim Nantz, Phil Simms

The enemy.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    FANTASY QUESTION:

Soooooo I'm waffling in my lineup choices now:

I have Mike Wallace, Jordy Nelson, AJ Green, and Julio Jones

I need to start 3, I was going to sit Wallace because of the Ben injury, but then I dug deep into the Rams and their secondary is atrocious.

Who should I start?

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Hah the CBS guys getting on Marino is priceless. You can see Marino trying to joke it off, but he's thinking "fuuuuuuck these guys."

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Also, really hope Marshall doesn't toast us today and we can put him into double coverage without giving up too much elsewhere.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    nasty pigs doesn't take the championship seriously and starts roy helu
    what brand of championship ring polish is the best
    i need to get one so it ships in time

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Podly wrote:
    Also, really hope Marshall doesn't toast us today and we can put him into double coverage without giving up too much elsewhere.

oh boy...

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote:
    nasty pigs doesn't take the championship seriously and starts roy helu
    what brand of championship ring polish is the best
    i need to get one so it ships in time

i decided to just roll the dice with him rather than start gerhart or something, and then I didn't get a chance to reset my lineup before the early games started

looks like I'ma be relying on matthews/vjax to power another late rally

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Ahahaha, Ninkovich takes a PI penalty covering Matt Moore on a pass from Reggie Bush.

• Options
    hippofant wrote:
    Ahahaha, Ninkovich takes a PI penalty covering Matt Moore on a pass from Reggie Bush.

Yeah, I felt bad because that's really the only way to play that on his part.

But, jesus the pats look terrible. Trap game par excellence -- just won a huge game and took over first place; playing a team you torched last time; christmas eve game.

Welker is getting SWAMPED in coverage and trying to plead pass-interference on plain-old good coverage. They should have ridley slashing it up the middle to set up gronk and hernandez. Branch is "active," but I haven't seen him. No sight of 85 or anyone else. Blah.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Tennessee torching Jacksonville with the tight end.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    And as I say that...

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    SquirrelmobSquirrelmob Registered User regular
    Blerg. Forgot to make a couple roster changes in Expendables this week, so now my league hopes as well as hope for watching playoff football with a vested interest both lie with the Lions.

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    You want to talk about torching, how about Eli to Victor Cruz for 99 yards. Giants franchise record.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Chiefs - Raiders turning into a pick-fest.

This discussion has been closed.