As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new [STEAM] thread

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Also thanks to classy guy @SkyEye for the gift of Renegade Ops (with DLC).

Classiness abounds in this location, as doubly evidenced by the fact that PA group giveaways currently dominate steamgifts.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Amazon has Just Cause 2 for $2.49, Deus Ex HR for $15.99 and the DLC for $5.39, and Dungeon Siege 3 for $4.99 in case anyone is interested.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_359485422_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000746611&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_r=0M09MY9S27XW1130YSXZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1341468622&pf_rd_i=468642

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I hate it when there are so many things you want and can't decide on. I bought Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition and Mass Effect, but I can't help but feel like I should have gotten Amnesia or Dead Space. How is Dead Space BTW? I know Amnesia gets glowing reviews, but haven't heard about Dead Space.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    can someone invite me to the steam group? http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026976196

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Amazon has Just Cause 2 for $2.49, Deus Ex HR for $15.99 and the DLC for $5.39, and Dungeon Siege 3 for $4.99 in case anyone is interested.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_359485422_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000746611&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_r=0M09MY9S27XW1130YSXZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1341468622&pf_rd_i=468642

can an American help me out with the Deus Ex hr dlc?

• Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    Thanks to the ever classy UEAKCrash for putting Just Cause 2 on steamgifts so I could win it!

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Ok well this sucks. The spilled cranberry juice took out my mouse too. Managed to take it apart and get it working again but had to peel the pads back to get to the screws (hate when manufacturers do that). Does anyone have any suggestions for adhesives to glue the pads back with? Couldn't fix the kb though. What a rotten day. This Dynex kb is no fun:(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    So I bought the 4 pack of Renegade Ops and sent out the extra copies. Now, I have an additional 3 copies? Steam glitch?

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    is there a way to check out Steam Gifts by Steam group?

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So I bought the 4 pack of Renegade Ops and sent out the extra copies. Now, I have an additional 3 copies? Steam glitch?

They didn't tell you? One of those was supposed to be for me.

;)

• Options
    also, which deadspace should I get?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    striderjg wrote:

Both.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular

You obviously bought the 7-pack by mistake. :P

Quite a few people have had that and similar happen lately, though nobody's come back and said that it unglitched yet, I think. I still have no clue what it's about, but probably best to wait a little while and then if it's still there, feel free to distribute?

I've still got copy 5 of a Nuclear Dawn 4 pack sitting in my inventory, so yeah, either it's some weird pack glitch that isn't resolving itself or some kind of hey hand out more copies thing.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Get them in order.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Sheep wrote:
    is there a way to check out Steam Gifts by Steam group?

No

You need to use an extension

Like this
    http://code.google.com/p/steamgifts-giveaway-filter/downloads/list

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    striderjg wrote:

Both.

Can't afford it. Which is better.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Corpekata wrote:
    Get them in order.

K, thanks:) Wasn't sure how much story there was

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Man, the winter achievements for Dungeon Defenders and Revenge of the Titans can go fuck themselves. Starting out with either game, I'd say it's basically impossible to do either of them.

• Options
    PurpleMonkeyPurpleMonkey Why so derp? Registered User regular
    striderjg wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    striderjg wrote:

Both.

Start with the first one, they're both pretty damn similar and I prefer the atmosphere of the first game. As someone on here rather brilliantly put it it's Alien to Dead Space 2's Aliens

teddiepicture-1.jpg
    XBL, Steam & Tribes: elmartino333
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    striderjg wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    striderjg wrote:

Both.

They're both equally good, but Dead Space 2 spoils the big reveal of Dead Space in the first few minutes, so if you give a fuck about such things, that's another reason to start with the first game.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

Quite a few people have had that and similar happen lately, though nobody's come back and said that it unglitched yet, I think. I still have no clue what it's about, but probably best to wait a little while and then if it's still there, feel free to distribute?

I've still got copy 5 of a Nuclear Dawn 4 pack sitting in my inventory, so yeah, either it's some weird pack glitch that isn't resolving itself or some kind of hey hand out more copies thing.

When you buy a gift for someone, it puts a copy in your inventory until they claim it, so you can resend it if necessary.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    AfroJ wrote:
    Anyone want The Orange Box or The Ship? Shoot me a PM.

Hey! I asked for takers for The Orange Box first. :cry:

• Options
    JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    To everyone looking at Hearts of Iron 3 and saying "Oh jeez, that is right up my alley, big, complicated WW2 wargame? Yes Please." Please consider that you are being decieved.

Hearts of Iron 3 is much much worse than Hearts of Iron 2, and it doesn't even hold a candle to the fan made expansions of Darkest Hour and Arsenal of Democracy, all of which are on steam.

Don't buy Hearts of Iron 3, Darkest Hour is a much better fix for the WW2 paradox wargame need. The only thing HOI3 really has going for it is the fact that it has steam overlay.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular

Since I missed the deal, I'd be willing to buy one of those off of you at sale price.

• Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    Hmm. I think for today it's either Deus Ex HR from amazon for 15$ or Serious Sam 3 for 20$. Or neither. Or both. Damnit.

• Options
    striderjg wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    striderjg wrote:

Both.

Both.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Entriech wrote:
    Man, the winter achievements for Dungeon Defenders and Revenge of the Titans can go fuck themselves. Starting out with either game, I'd say it's basically impossible to do either of them.

Yeah, my brother and I are level 12 and 13 in DD's and we got creamed. So we join a random 28 and an 11. It must scale or 1 28 isn't enough, still lost horribly.

• Options
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    striderjg wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    striderjg wrote:

Both.

Both.

Lol, first one bought and I am done ffor the day. Might have to replace this mouse after all. scroll wheel is missing scrolls. I'll try taking it apart and cleaning the sensor later. Ugh! Fucking butter fingers. I hate doing crap like that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MagicmanbrutusMagicmanbrutus Registered User regular

if you actualy have 3 extra copies, could you gift one to me please?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    So, further investigation into my RPG habit on Dungeon Siege 3 vs Two Worlds.

Amazon review pretty much trash DS3 for no customization (like Dungeon siege should be) no set armor, no lots of stuff like DS should be.

Two Worlds 2 gets decent reviews, has all the above mentioned stuff. But I'm leary because of Two Worlds 1, which I wanted to return after 30 minutes of playing.

Decisions Decision!

Two Worlds II is a huge step above the first game. It looks gorgeous, is unintentionally hilarious due to the voice acting, isn't very buggy, and has the best magic system of any game I've played. If you like open world RPGs, get it.

Thanks. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I will hold you to this review!

Is the DLC worth getting on top of it? It looks pretty good but is also 'spensive.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Machinarium is a cool and stylish little game but man did the puzzles make my brain hurt at times. Can get hard to get in the groove of the logic in them.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular

When you buy a gift for someone, it puts a copy in your inventory until they claim it, so you can resend it if necessary.

I should have clarified, the copies were already claimed and there's still one sitting there. So maybe a glitch, i dunno?

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    So, further investigation into my RPG habit on Dungeon Siege 3 vs Two Worlds.

Amazon review pretty much trash DS3 for no customization (like Dungeon siege should be) no set armor, no lots of stuff like DS should be.

Two Worlds 2 gets decent reviews, has all the above mentioned stuff. But I'm leary because of Two Worlds 1, which I wanted to return after 30 minutes of playing.

Decisions Decision!

Two Worlds II is a huge step above the first game. It looks gorgeous, is unintentionally hilarious due to the voice acting, isn't very buggy, and has the best magic system of any game I've played. If you like open world RPGs, get it.

Thanks. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I will hold you to this review!

Is the DLC worth getting on top of it? It looks pretty good but is also 'spensive.

I just bought it, so I can't say. It looks cool and it sounds like it adds to the base game instead of being a separate deal, so to me that's always worth it.

• Options

I should have clarified, the copies were already claimed and there's still one sitting there. So maybe a glitch, i dunno?

Oh, yeah, I don't know.

• Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    A tip of the tophat @Iceburner.

I just got a PM from him saying that he noticed Just Cause 2 on my wishlist, and he decided to do something about it. And all because I enjoy his Terraria server!

Classy? He's the motherfucking Fonz of classy!

IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    so, WiiMote won my The Ship giveaway but hasn't redeemed it and I can't get a hold of him on Steam. WiiMote, if you're out there, did you get the gift?

• Options
    GaardeanGaardean Registered User regular
    Grats to @RoyceX7 for winning the DotA 2 giveaway. Throwing up the remains of my Nuclear Dawn 4-pack now:

signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Anyone who has an extra copy of Renegade Ops - I am kicking myself for not buying it on the daily. I'd be willing to buy it from you for the price it was at the sale. Lemme know if you can help out here.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine was nice enough to work through RoT up to when the 5th Yeti spawns. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27706068&postcount=31

Drop the whole thing into your Users\(yourname) folder. And turn off cloud saving before starting.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Anyone play Sequence on a netbook? Gonna be getting my wife one soon, and thought Sequence might be something she'd enjoy.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life