As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] PLEASE POST IN NEW THREAD

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    049ECA7B743A73399ABD56AD2735C9E1C829770E

Been getting this still I started it back up. Uninstall and reinstall, still there, any ideas?

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular

Been getting this still I started it back up. Uninstall and reinstall, still there, any ideas?
    Disable antialiasing. I had the same issue. It's a bug in the current AMD drivers.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    AMD, you so silly. I had a different bug that was also specifically related to my video card until I switched up from a 5770, but yeah, Monger's right about that one. Or should be. ~video cards~

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    This is why, despite their demands to the contrary, you should never update your graphic card drivers unless it's a last resort. :P

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Hah, just got an inheritance from someone I murdered myself :lol: (that lady selling produce in the Whiterun market who asks you to convince one of her suitors to leave her alone).

Yeah, I sure am sad that my friend died :rotate:

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    WadeWilsonWadeWilson Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Hah, just got an inheritance from someone I murdered myself :lol: (that lady selling produce in the Whiterun market who asks you to convince one of her suitors to leave her alone).

Yeah, I sure am sad that my friend died :rotate:

Yeah I love getting inheritances from people I murder, makes me happy. Most recently, I stole a bottle of booze for Brenuin, the beggar in Whiterun. That night I
    drank Aela's blood and turned into a werewolf for the first time
    and promptly ripped Brenuin's face off.

The next day I got a letter and 100 gold (!) from the bugger. He could've just bought that booze. Stingy bastard. :p

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Monger wrote: »

Disable antialiasing. I had the same issue. It's a bug in the current AMD drivers.

Thank you.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Alrighty, so I played the Hell out of this when it first came out.

I figured that I'd put it away for a while and see what mods came out in the meantime.

Anything particularly awesome that I shouldn't do without for another playthrough?

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Derrick wrote: »
    Alrighty, so I played the Hell out of this when it first came out.

I figured that I'd put it away for a while and see what mods came out in the meantime.

Anything particularly awesome that I shouldn't do without for another playthrough?

If you use magic at all, Midas Magic is pretty awesome (IMO). Plenty of new spells that don't seem pretty balanced. I also like the Tytanis mod. Lots of new crafting recipes, larger variety of weapons, etc.

• Options
    ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    In the last patch, did they make it so you can continue to upgrade iron armor past fine quality, like others? I really like the banded armor, but it seems to be over taken by steel far too quickly, where as steel can be used almost as much as one wants with upgrades.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • Options
    In the last patch, did they make it so you can continue to upgrade iron armor past fine quality, like others? I really like the banded armor, but it seems to be over taken by steel far too quickly, where as steel can be used almost as much as one wants with upgrades.

I think so. I'm pretty sure I had a superior set of banded armor on my new warrior character.

• Options
    ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    WadeWilson wrote: »

I think so. I'm pretty sure I had a superior set of banded armor on my new warrior character.

:D That makes me very happy

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Still no word on a console patch?

• Options
    No. You'll want Weapons and Armor Fixes, as well as Smithing Perks Overhaul. The first mod fixes the embarrassing number of items that have incorrect material and other properties assigned to them, and the second fixes which material types can be upgraded by which smithing perks. There's also a Complete Crafting Overhaul by the same guy, which adds in recipes for everything that doesn't already have a recipe (most of it's locked until you've completed some related quest), and then rebalances goddamn everything. I highly recommend all three, as well as the other fixes relevant to you that are listed on the Weapons and Armor Fixes page that aren't covered by that mod.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    JihadJesus wrote: »

Skyrim 1.5 update on Xbox LIVE. PS3 update could arrive as early as this afternoon

and later:
    1.5 Skyrim update now available for North American PS3 users

Renzo on
  • Options
    No. You'll want Weapons and Armor Fixes, as well as Smithing Perks Overhaul. The first mod fixes the embarrassing number of items that have incorrect material and other properties assigned to them, and the second fixes which material types can be upgraded by which smithing perks. There's also a Complete Crafting Overhaul by the same guy, which adds in recipes for everything that doesn't already have a recipe (most of it's locked until you've completed some related quest), and then rebalances goddamn everything. I highly recommend all three, as well as the other fixes relevant to you that are listed on the Weapons and Armor Fixes page that aren't covered by that mod.

Whoops, My bad.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Well, you can upgrade anything past fine if your smithing skill is buffed with enough potions and/or enchantments, even if it doesn't have a perk working for it. Having the perk still doubles the effectiveness of the upgrade, though, which allows you to get above fine with over 50 skill and no buffs. That mod puts iron and banded iron under the basic (steel) perk, whereas the vanilla game doesn't put iron under any perk at all.

Monger on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Renzo wrote: »
    JihadJesus wrote: »

Skyrim 1.5 update on Xbox LIVE. PS3 update could arrive as early as this afternoon

and later:
    1.5 Skyrim update now available for North American PS3 users

Sweeeeeeet. I'd been waiting on that to continue playing my Staby McStabington toon and actually finish the main quest. By stabbing dudes.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    I haven't played this in some time. When I loaded it up today Im getting boxy graphic glitches in certain areas. Any ideas?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I have started replaying Skyrim since the patch.

This game makes me so happy. I'm roleplaying my planned naked Khajit necromancer who sets people who ask him to do fetch quests on fire. It is working out spectacularly.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    warder808 wrote: »
    I haven't played this in some time. When I loaded it up today Im getting boxy graphic glitches in certain areas. Any ideas?
    Like so?

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    That's awesome.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Disable Anti-aliasing . . . A friend of mine said the latest ATI drivers are what caused this, so he rolled back my drivers. Well, as long as it works.

I only played the game for a little bit before getting side tracked. Im gonna start playing it now. Any mods that I should get to improve my experience? I have SkyUI. Im not sure what kind of character I want to play yet. I haven't read this entire thread of course.

Getting, using, and keeping track of mods: Is using Nexus Mod manager better than using Steam Workshop?

warder808 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »

That bit with the robe is the best thing

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Fucking spot on. Mage is naked before he hits the ground :lol:

Fleeb on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's a good video.

• Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    Hey guys, quick question: Do the hand-to-hand kill cams go off when you have a spell in one hand? It seems to me like they don't, which makes having resto in one hand annoying :(

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Did they ever fix Markarth to not be Bugshitfuckfest?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Fleeb wrote: »
    Fucking spot on. Mage is naked before he hits the ground :lol:

I grinned right from the start, but that made me lose my shit completely.

• Options
    So is there an easy way to find your horse? This seems like a big oversight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Quick travel to any location, your horse should be standing next to you then.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Otherwise it will return to the stall you bought it from. If you can remember.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Agent PropagandiAgent Propagandi Registered User regular
    So is there an easy way to find your horse? This seems like a big oversight.

If you're not adverse to mods (and on PC), there is a nice one on the workshop called Whistle which gives a new Lesser Power to call your horse to you. (Goes nicely with the mod Oblivious Horses which stops your horse from being psychotic.)

Steam | Origin: AgentProp | Website
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Getting, using, and keeping track of mods: Is using Nexus Mod manager better than using Steam Workshop?
    As a general rule, it seems to be. Steam Workshop will autoupdate all your mods for you, which is nice, but it does it from Skyrim's launcher. That means both that you have to run the launcher (which you won't be doing normally because of SKSE), and that you have to sit in the launcher while everything downloads. There's also no way to deal with install options, which most of the larger mods will have plenty of. The major advantage to the Nexus manager is that it incorporates BOSS, so it automatically sorts your load orders for Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, and New Vegas. That's a big deal once you start piling on the mods. You'll probably end up using a combination of the two, though. For mods with no options that you don't want to remember to manually update, the workshop is just easier, but you'll still be using the manager for other mods and sorting. There's also mods that will only be on one or the other.

As for mods to get, there's a list in the OP for most of the common stuff. The only thing is that the realistic water texture mod has been replaced. Also, you do have to manually add Bethesda's high res textures, and the necessary fix for errors in it (sigh). Static Mesh Improvement Mod is the only other thing that you really need to round out the quality in the visuals. Anything past that is a matter of taste, though Silly Level of Detail (also for booze) is pretty rad. I linked Weapons and Armor Fixes, Smithing Perks Overhaul, and Complete Crafting Overhaul further up the page. Those, plus the other fixes linked in their descriptions, are probably the biggest collection of bug fixes we're likely to see until Unofficial Skyrim Patch is out. There's a legit 2-part Dragonbone Weapon mod that compliments the overhauled crafting pretty well. There's also a mod that fixes rigging issues in a bunch of armor sets. The only other thing I'd highly recommend is Duel, which is a bunch of subtle changes to the combat to make it significantly less dumb and flaily.

Monger on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The hi rez pack is 3 gigs?

Im playing 1h/Shield. I got my first helper, Lydia. We seem to get in each others way during combat. Is there a way to order her to only use her bow?

Can you upgrade companions weapons/armor?

warder808 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    KatoKato Registered User regular
    So...now that the rules have changed concerning smithing...what is the best thing to start mass producing to get the best increases? Obviously...daggers seem to be out the door at the moment. I made around 70 of them yesterday and raised my smithing from 46 to 48 or something like that. Pretty terrible.

Signature??
  • Options
    jkruse05jkruse05 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kato wrote: »
    So...now that the rules have changed concerning smithing...what is the best thing to start mass producing to get the best increases? Obviously...daggers seem to be out the door at the moment. I made around 70 of them yesterday and raised my smithing from 46 to 48 or something like that. Pretty terrible.
    Well, the patch notes say it's now based on the value of the item, so, I guess make the most expensive, or highest tier stuff you can. Materials for Dwarven and Orcish items aren't too hard to find.

jkruse05 on
  • Options
    JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    From what ive learned from grinding my smithing to be able to craft mod armours on a new character, iron daggers and leather bracers are still the best, but only by a slim margin. The net skill increase against materials used seem are just barely in the favour of the Iron Dagger over the Iron Armour, with the skill gain from crafting 1 iron armour being slightly less than crafting 3 iron daggers.

Could be different for some higher-tier materials, though.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.