As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] PLEASE POST IN NEW THREAD

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    That needs to be a mod for ME2.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Well, if you kill all the falmer for their ears, who's going to make more falmer for next years ear harvest?
    It's just like how lumberjacks plant a tree any time they cut down a tree.

Any time you kill a falmer, you have sex with it.

Science.

• Options
    ElixirElixir Saving Your Ass Alchemists and Belts EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Monger wrote: »
    Basil wrote: »
    Well, if you kill all the falmer for their ears, who's going to make more falmer for next years ear harvest?
    It's just like how lumberjacks plant a tree any time they cut down a tree.

Any time you kill a falmer, you have sex with it.

Science.

...And now someone is going to make that a mod. Will be downloaded and installed with the troll dongs mod for maximum strange.

ElixirSulfClipCropped1(s)1.jpg

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Do followers still not level with you, or did they fix that?

• Options
    RednazRednaz Registered User regular
    Steam: The_Zeta
    LOL NA: Rednaz
    Currently Playing: Dark Forces
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Do followers still not level with you, or did they fix that?

Pretty sure they do not level on their own but there are a few ways to fix that depending upon your platform (console or PC).

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    It would be great if they would include the command console for console users. I don't see why they don't, to be honest.

Shimshai on

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    These new kill cams are all sorts of boss. Makes unarmed combat feel rewarding, even if there's no skill gain from it.

Favorite so far is probably the pick-up-and-turn-around-then-drop-on-head

I'm also fairly certain I finished off one assailant with a kick to his ironclad nuts, which was thrilling

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »
    It would be great if they would include the command console for console users. I don't see why they don't, to be honest.

At a wild guess: 1. People would break their games and the big 3 don't want that and 2. Because they'd need to write a software keyboard in. In a Bethesda game I'd say that be worth the time and money, though...

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Because the Console makers would be worried about the console on consoles.

Also, something about a keyboard

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Anyone know how to remove friendly fire from spells in the Creation Kit? Google is failing me.

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Aqy8nTvCEAAypZ1.jpg:large

• Options
    CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    I started a dunmer mage, got him to L30ish, and thought "Man Ill try a rogue!"
    Started an argonian, got him to L30, love him, then realized I hate argonians

I have countless hours in this game, and haven't even picked stormcloaks/imperials yet.

PA Forums, im letting you lead me here, what type of character should I play?

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Rednaz wrote: »

Game of Thrones got in on that meme as well in the last episode. Sadly, no youtube of it. Sorry.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    CangoFett wrote: »

I have countless hours in this game, and haven't even picked stormcloaks/imperials yet.

Make a true-blue son of Skyrim and do the Stormcloak questline.
    Orc or Imperial for Imperial line.

Fleeb on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular

Khajit stealth archer. The class of kings.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

Game of Thrones got in on that meme as well in the last episode. Sadly, no youtube of it. Sorry.

Just because someone actually got shot in the knee with an arrow doesn't mean they're in on the meme. The knee was a popular place to get shot in long before Skyrim ever came out.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Next patch should give all guards a hobbled run animation

I would also accept steam-powered Dwemer leg braces

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Having a soft keyboard is not a problem for console, it's already a standard thing that exists and can be used.

I think the problems are 1) people breaking things and calling support, 2) its flexibility and power make it a near certainty that someone would figure out a way to use the console to hack the console, and 3) achievements.

Yar on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Heisenberg wrote: »

Just because someone actually got shot in the knee with an arrow doesn't mean they're in on the meme. The knee was a popular place to get shot in long before Skyrim ever came out.

The kid wanted to be an adventurer, but then he got an arrow to the knee. I stand by this evidence. The needle to the throat is what should have happened to the would-be, but not able-to be, non adventurers of Skyrim.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    BinaryBinary Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Every damn thing has like 8 USB ports, and USB keyboards are things that exist, so it can't be that.

It's probably because letting the average console owner have that kind of ability to screw things up would result in facepalm-worthy support requests.

binary101010.jpg
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Binary wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »

Every damn thing has like 8 USB ports, and USB keyboards are things that exist, so it can't be that.

It's probably because letting the average console owner have that kind of ability to screw things up would result in facepalm-worthy support requests.

Versus the average PC owner?

I mean, master race and all aside, I'm pretty sure Bethesda reserves the right to go, "You used the command console? Oh, sorry, can't help you then." As they can do on the PC, if they chose...

• Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular

That's my next run, actually!

Well I plan on going for knifings as much as possible, but arrows are way easier, so I'm sure I'll end up doing that most of the time.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Maz- wrote: »

It would be funny dialog if the delivery wasn't quite so stilted. It's like they knew it was funny for some reason, but they weren't sure why that was and threw it in there. Having him get shot in the knee by a perp with a bow, then making a comment along those lines would have worked far better.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Kainy wrote: »

That's my next run, actually!

Well I plan on going for knifings as much as possible, but arrows are way easier, so I'm sure I'll end up doing that most of the time.

I've been having a lot of success/fun with an archer khajiit that just drops the bow and cat-scratches dudes that get too close

I do keep a knife for throat-slitting assassinations, but they feel so wimpy when dual-wielded and I don't wanna spare the points into one-weapon damage to make them viable in combat.

Maybe I'm just not using the right knives.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Heisenberg wrote: »

The kid wanted to be an adventurer, but then he got an arrow to the knee. I stand by this evidence. The needle to the throat is what should have happened to the would-be, but not able-to be, non adventurers of Skyrim.

That episode was shot before Skyrim was released.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Kill the Dragon King in Skyrim
    Video: 1 hr, 45 mins ago - With DLC on the way, now's a great time to take out the World Eater, aka the Dragon King, aka Alduin. Read More »

Such is the description of the article on IGNs frontpage. Mistake or accidental reveal?

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    ...isn't

isn't that the main quest?

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    What do you mean Skyrims main quest involves killing a Dragon? I would never have guessed.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    ElixirElixir Saving Your Ass Alchemists and Belts EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Kill the Dragon King in Skyrim
    Video: 1 hr, 45 mins ago - With DLC on the way, now's a great time to take out the World Eater, aka the Dragon King, aka Alduin. Read More »

Such is the description of the article on IGNs frontpage. Mistake or accidental reveal?

110% mistake. Unless they meant to hint that the mystery DLC requires finishing the main quest, which would be a first for an Elder Scrolls game.

ElixirSulfClipCropped1(s)1.jpg

• Options
    CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    Im thinking of playing a Knights of the Nine type character, who doesnt use enchanted weapons.

Because stealing peoples souls so that my sword can be on fire seems impolite.

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Im thinking of playing a Knights of the Nine type character, who doesnt use enchanted weapons.

You know you can steal mudcrabs' souls, right?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Don't think of it as stealing souls; rather, you are reallocating them to a more suitable form.

.....like Leather Bracers for vendor trash. :P

Though I did have a run-in with an old orc who wanted to die in glorious combat. Turned him into a kick-ass battle axe and we shook the heavens together.

• Options

You know you can steal mudcrabs' souls, right?

Soul stealing sounds like bad business regardless of the creature. For an honourable Knight at least.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    I think the denizens of these forums like collecting things. Now, I can't offer anything on a par with The Wall from New Vegas, but I am working on adding a bunch of unique/rare collectible cloaks to Cloaks of Skyrim. Hand-placed, static loot, with a bit of flavour text. Rewarding exploration and whatnot! Hoping people will enjoy either stumbling across them whilst on their travels or actively going out to collect 'em.

Eventually aiming to add quite a lot, but 5 uniques are done so far and will be included when I next update the mod. I just wish the bit where I can write descriptions was longer, to add more flavour text or back-story for each cloak!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ashe wrote: »
    I think the denizens of these forums like collecting things. Now, I can't offer anything on a par with The Wall from New Vegas, but I am working on adding a bunch of unique/rare collectible cloaks to Cloaks of Skyrim. Hand-placed, static loot, with a bit of flavour text. Rewarding exploration and whatnot! Hoping people will enjoy either stumbling across them whilst on their travels or actively going out to collect 'em.

Eventually aiming to add quite a lot, but 5 uniques are done so far and will be included when I next update the mod. I just wish the bit where I can write descriptions was longer, to add more flavour text or back-story for each cloak!

Linky link please?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Ooooh, I like the sounds of that. Will definitely give it a try!

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ashe wrote: »

Linky link please?

Linky link!

The uniques aren't in just yet. But am trying to get little updates done on a regular basis, so a few of them should appear soon!

PS - They aren't going to be absolute works of art or anything, as I'm still strictly amateur!

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wow, you've got a hell of a lot of downloads for it!

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.